Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Help, Color retouching advice

Photographer

Djohn B Photography

New York, New York, US

Hi, I just did a beach shoot and the images are great but the color is very reddish orange and weird looking. I tried to fix it in Lightroom by reducing the reds and oranges, but it still looks weird. What I’m trying to go for is a sport illustrated, Victoria Secret type of look with warm nice skin tones that you usually see on the catalogs and ads.

So my question is, how do you go about fixing skin color in lightroom to get those nice warm non destructive skin tones in lightroom or photoshop? I tried looking though scores of videos on YouTube but didn’t find what I was looking for. All I saw was very basic tutorials with already perfect images try we’re editing or amateurish videos, . So that’s why I’m here asking for your help.

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your responses

Jul 09 18 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Djohn B Photography wrote:
Hi, I just did a beach shoot and the images are great but the color is very reddish orange and weird looking. I tried to fix it in Lightroom by reducing the reds and oranges, but it still looks weird. What I’m trying to go for is a sport illustrated, Victoria Secret type of look with warm nice skin tones that you usually see on the catalogs and ads.

white balance setting? example? link? show us?

first, as with all color, you need to understand what you are seeing. "reddish and orange" is not quite an accurate description of anything. skintones can be red & orange, white and blue, brown and dark. some variations are acceptable, others are not. some sports illustrated images are more bluish with skylight. some are warmer. victoria's secret tends to be more consistent.

if you want more control, simply set the kelvin temperature. it's simply a camera setting or image wb or color adjustment. you can do some research and reading:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/973059
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/973066

Jul 09 18 03:15 pm Link