Forums > Critique > Does this belong in my website?

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Feeling a little indecisive today. Does this picture: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/45137244

belong in here: https://www.gershonkreimer.com/index/void ?

Much appreciated!

Feb 19 19 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

If it did, and I am not saying it doesn't, you would have already put it there.

Since it isn't there now, you are not commited. That speaks to how you feel about the image, no?

Feb 19 19 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

No.  It's pretty bland, and has neither a flow nor any sort of energy.  It's just...there.  The pose cuts off the model's left arm, making it look like it's amputated, and is unflattering around the mid-section. 

You have better, so this won't add anything to your portfolio.

Feb 20 19 02:28 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

If it's reflective of your current artistic delvings, I think it does  .  .  .  any platform to get feedback, and reaction to your work (positive or negative) is a plus, especially for an evolving visual artist like yourself  .  .  .  I personally enjoyed the image, the monotone finish with it's subtle shading and lighting nuances gives the viewer a lot to take in  .  .  .  at first seemingly simple, but grows more complex the longer you view it  .  .  . 

SOS

Feb 20 19 07:15 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Thank you all for your comments. I am definitely not committed to this picture. I do like the delicate aspect of it, but I've come to realize that the hair tie kills it for me.

Feb 21 19 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If you feel the image represents your work and expresses a thought, view or idea that you want to promote, then leave it. When you ask others, they never understand your reasoning and want you to bend to theirs. When you look a my portfolio, it looks helter-skelter. It is not until you read my profile and meet me that the wide variety of genres makes any sense.

Feb 21 19 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Dorola wrote:
If you feel the image represents your work and expresses a thought, view or idea that you want to promote, then leave it. When you ask others, they never understand your reasoning and want you to bend to theirs. When you look a my portfolio, it looks helter-skelter. It is not until you read my profile and meet me that the wide variety of genres makes any sense.

Like I said, I was feeling a little indecisive wink

Feb 21 19 09:20 am Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
If it did, and I am not saying it doesn't, you would have already put it there.

Since it isn't there now, you are not commited. That speaks to how you feel about the image, no?

Exactly,  I always say if it takes a second look then chances are something isn't right.

May 29 19 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

I wouldn't have hands and arms between legs and the foot showing under leg. Just distractions. Even art nudes should especially be posed for features and true mood versus forced movements, So i wouldn't add images that you can improve upon easily.

May 29 19 02:22 pm Link