Forums > Photography Talk > 18 and in high school........off limits for nudes?

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

If she's 18, and have two pieces of legit. ID, she's legal to shoot what ever she desires, regardless of her education. I shot a model who was 22 and didn't even attend high school. She was both legal in regards to shooting and consuming alcohol (which I did not provide). Her level of education has nothing to do with it; her level of maturity (if you want to deal with her) has the most to do with it.  Just make sure her ID is real. Cheers, Tim

Sep 17 05 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Don't shoot babies.

Sep 17 05 04:58 am Link

Photographer

Stevn De Lozada

Antioch, California, US

Check the ID's, that's common sense and of course high school is off limits unless credability is no issue, there are also lawsuits to consider...it would be a bad call. I do not shoot nudes, upskirt, any of that and if I shoot a minor the parents are either present, my personal choice, or I have written parental permission and and another adult present. Use common sense and protect yourself as well, it's very easy for some one to file a false claim and even if you are innocent you will still have that stigma to live with.

Stevn

Sep 17 05 05:29 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

Check with her Mom .. if she says NO .. offer to take nude shots of the Mom herself ..

Sep 17 05 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

I understand the moral compass you carty and I applud you for it. It seems by her response you made the right call.

I would'nt shoot anybody of any age who responded that way to me.

As far as those who see it as OK to shoot a high school girl OR boy, I see that point too.

I would be certain to make sure ths person was in a position to do the shoot.

Anyone under 20 living at home has to have a signed consent form from home. Just out of respect for the parents.

As we all know, we broke a lot of rules growing up, and I dont need mad fathers or mothers knocking on my studio doors.

It's more for my protection than my legal worries. I just dont need the hassle..IM BUSY!

vance

Sep 19 05 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

SinStreetPhotography

Seattle, Washington, US

Every one makes a good piont. But it it dosn't feel right to you don't do it smile!
~Kel

Sep 19 05 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Zion Imaging

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

Louis Braga wrote:
Check with her Mom .. if she says NO .. offer to take nude shots of the Mom herself ..

LOL

Guess that is "MILF"

Mom I'd Like to "F"otograph... What were you thinking??

Sep 19 05 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Legally you can do it because she's legal.
But common sense says, especially based on her reply, to NOT do it. Basically you made a good call.

Sep 19 05 05:53 pm Link