Richard TallentPhotographer Male Beaumont, Texas, US
My Website: www.tallent.usMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/richardtallent
Mayhem # 98472
My artwork is primarily figurative, and my goals are simply to create and exhibit work that uses the visual vocabulary of Light and the Nude to express my vision of the human experience—one of imperfection, frailty, beauty, solitude, resolve, faith, and dignity.
I don't post new work here often, so please see my Tumblr for recent work.
I'm always excited to find more collaborators, so please let me know if you'd like to work together if our locations cross at some point! I work with models of all sizes, ages (18+), gender identities, ethnicities, and levels of experience.
I'd love to be able to pay models to support their work, but I can't. I can offer TFP -- signed prints. For traveling models, hosting is often possible.
Possible travel for 2015 includes Dallas, Austin, New Orleans, Knoxville, San Diego, and Portland/Seattle. I enjoy working in both natural light and the studio, and underwater during the summer. Underwater shoots will start back up around May 2015.
• Group show, Contagious Collaborations, November 2014
• Focus Exposures magazine, issue 4 (cover)
• President/Chairman, Beaumont Art League, 2012-2014
• Juried show selection, TASIMJAE, April 2014.
• Focus Exposures Collector's Edition, November 2013 (cover).
• Solo show, Displacement of the Soul, BAL, September 2013.
• Interview, KVLU, September 2013.
• Cat5 Magazine, September 2013.
• The Issue, September 2013.
• Salon-hung solo show, Burns Antik Haus, April-October 2013.
• Juried show selection, TASIMJAE, April 2013.
• Group exhibition, Artopia, January 2013.
• Focus Exposures Collector's Edition, January 2013 (portfolio and original cover).
• Best in Show, BAL Membership Show, October 2012.
• Juried show selection, Seattle Erotic Art Festival 2012.
• Interview, Houston Press, "100 Creatives" series, February 3, 2012.
• First Place, BAL Membership Show, October 2011.
• Focus Nude issue, July/August 2011.
• Carrie Leigh Nude, Fall 2009.
• Placed at various juried shows and exhibitions.
• Solo show, Funkcją Wnętrza Osoby, 2010.
• Cover story, The Issue, October 2010
• Interview, University Press (Lamar University), September 30, 2010
• Interview, KVLU, September 2010
• Interview, The Examiner, September 23, 2010
• Interview, Photographer & Model Podcast, Episode 20, October 2009
• Interview, New York Times, September 18, 2008