Forums > Model Colloquy > I wanna be a photographer just to get girls!

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Paul Ward wrote:
the removal process...that's not foolproof is it?  i've never seen a "removed tattoo" before smile

Funny, Paul. Very funny. yikes

Oct 12 05 09:59 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ben Allen wrote:
I've shot men.  I've never been fortunate to shoot a really good model though.  Plenty of guys look good, they just have no idea what's going on.

In my experience, women are curvy, soft and sensual, so you light 'em soft.  Men have chiseled physiques, hard characteristics and muscular builds, so you light 'em hard. 

I've bent the rules both ways and have lit women harsh and men soft.  But it doesn't look the same.  Now how the heck do you post a picture in one of these here forums?

You can find that answer here
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=6936

Oct 12 05 10:01 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

I have heard famed and revered film director Robert Altman, on more than one occasion, quoted thus, "Why did I want to be a director? At first I thought it was a pretty good way to meet girls."

Oct 12 05 11:23 am Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
I have heard famed and revered film director Robert Altman, on more than one occasion, quoted thus, "Why did I want to be a director? At first I thought it was a pretty good way to meet girls."

Yea i think some men do til they realize..hey i'm actually good at this!! forget girls! lol ...well maybe not forget them

Oct 13 05 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Fuzzytek - Stephen

Detroit, Michigan, US

Wil Fernandez wrote:

Amen, Brother.

Muses please apply.

Exactly. My choice not to be 'in need' of a woman, but if one presented herself I wouldn't say no. My life's just too busy sometimes to worry about if I'm taking the proper steps to create a relationship.

I do love walking up to beautiful women and taking their photo and seeing their response. But I don't dwell on them for the rest of the night.

Oct 13 05 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Danatko

New York, New York, US

I shoot men. I prefer women though. Theres more you can do with women, there is more to styling, makeup, its more commercial, more in demand, etc! Its not about sex or wanting sex from models, they are a tool, a tool to sell something. I dont think you can take great pictures of you thinking with your d*ck instead of with your brain. It not about taking pictures of beautiful women, thats boring, its about working together to sell something. A workplace with beautiful women around you makes it interesting....thats pretty much it, its about the photo, not the model--and those models with professional experience know it. Its not about making the model look beautiful, its about making the product alluring by associating it with a beautiful model.

Oct 13 05 04:58 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Semora wrote:
I always wondered why there are so many men photographers that refuse to shoot men? Some reasons i thought of. Some, and i say some, become photographers (shooting woman not nature and that good stuff) because they can't get girls at first and used this to get girls, maybe because they were SHORT, nerdy, not as attractive, whatever(you will see in this thread who will be offended by that wink  )..but then discovered girls don't care..they just want their free pictures, then the guy gets good and just do it for extra cash. If you did it for the ladies..just say it! Who cares. the world wil still turn!

What made you pic up a camera. or why don't you shoot men?

I somehow can't imagine too many guys looking hot in push-up bras and suspenders (or garters as you call them).

And no matter how many different types of fabric/prints, male "lingerie" (hahahah) just doesn't compare in the versatility range.

That would answer the reason glamour photographers don't shoot men I suppose.

If the genre is erotic, perhaps men feel odd doing erotic imagery with guys.

Oct 13 05 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Semora wrote:
I always wondered why there are so many men photographers that refuse to shoot men? Some reasons i thought of. Some, and i say some, become photographers (shooting woman not nature and that good stuff) because they can't get girls at first and used this to get girls, maybe because they were SHORT, nerdy, not as attractive, whatever(you will see in this thread who will be offended by that wink  )..but then discovered girls don't care..they just want their free pictures, then the guy gets good and just do it for extra cash. If you did it for the ladies..just say it! Who cares. the world wil still turn!

This is my quote...

"If the eyes are the window to the soul, then the camera is the mirror of the heart.  With it, we photograph the people, places and things that we love, admire and adore."

When you go to a birthday party, or a wedding reception, who do you photograph?  Your friends and family?...or the waiter bussing your table?  When you visit your favorite location, do you photograph the scenes that you want to remember?...or the garbage cans in the alleys?

I'm sure a lot of us photographers simply admire beauty in women.  Me personally, I also admire anyone who is disciplined enough to have a good physique as well, so I'm willing to shoot men who are in good shape or have a good look.  There's no alterior motive, we just shoot what we like....just like you.  Only, we use better cameras.  smile

Oct 13 05 06:39 pm Link

Model

Semora

Ed Burns Photography wrote:
I'm sure a lot of us photographers simply admire beauty in women.  Me personally, I also admire anyone who is disciplined enough to have a good physique as well, so I'm willing to shoot men who are in good shape or have a good look.  There's no alterior motive, we just shoot what we like....just like you.  Only, we use better cameras.  smile

Yeah people shoot who they wanna shoot that is true. Plus how much variety can you get out of men besides him in his jeans, hanes briefs, or commercial? (I'm sure there is more) but with woman you can do anytheme..I like the answers some of you wrote..thanks for all helping better understand. wink

Oct 13 05 07:45 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Semora wrote:

Yeah people shoot who they wanna shoot that is true. Plus how much variety can you get out of men besides him in his jeans, hanes briefs, or commercial? (I'm sure there is more) but with woman you can do anytheme..I like the answers some of you wrote..thanks for all helping better understand. wink

I dunno. I can do some pretty weird things with a camera in front of me. ninja

Oct 13 05 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

John Lavery

Manchester, Connecticut, US

I don't use my camera to get girls.

That's what I play in a band for.

And that doesn't work, either...

smile

Oct 13 05 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

J__

im completely comfortable with shooting male subjects. ..... as long as he doenst come onto me haha

Oct 14 05 12:19 am Link

Photographer

Jimmy Mayfield

Wake Forest, North Carolina, US

Semora wrote:

Oct 14 05 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Paul Ward

New York, New York, US

Angelus wrote:

Funny, Paul. Very funny. yikes

sorry, couldnt' resist...it's the beer!  the beer i tell ya!

Oct 14 05 01:32 am Link

Photographer

byReno

Arlington Heights, Illinois, US

It’s funny, just the other day my son asked to borrow my camera for an assignment in his film class.  As he was doing his assignment he seen this girl an asked if he could take her picture.  She’s like “Sure!â€?.  He comes home and says “Dad, I finally know why you became a photographer.  This camera is like walking around with a puppy.â€? smile

Oct 14 05 12:37 pm Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

John Lavery wrote:
I don't use my camera to get girls.

That's what I play in a band for.

And that doesn't work, either...

smile

lol thats funny,

I sing, dance, model, stylist/wardrobe, and mua and I also can't get any girls, I guess I need to pick up a camera

Oct 14 05 12:43 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Paul Ward wrote:
sorry, couldnt' resist...it's the beer!  the beer i tell ya!

Aye...did you bring me one?

I haven't had a beer in over a week. Semora drank all of mine up. And, I trusted her when she told me she don't drink beer.

Oct 14 05 12:48 pm Link

Model

Semora

Angelus wrote:

I haven't had a beer in over a week. Semora drank all of mine up. And, I trusted her when she told me she don't drink beer.

I don't usually drink beer...i needed the lil buzz. wink

Oct 14 05 12:59 pm Link

Model

Semora

Reno Pittner wrote:
It’s funny, just the other day my son asked to borrow my camera for an assignment in his film class.  As he was doing his assignment he seen this girl an asked if he could take her picture.  She’s like “Sure!â€?.  He comes home and says “Dad, I finally know why you became a photographer.  This camera is like walking around with a puppy.â€? smile

lol that's funny.

Oct 14 05 01:00 pm Link

Model

Semora

Benny wrote:

lol thats funny,

I sing, dance, model, stylist/wardrobe, and mua and I also can't get any girls, I guess I need to pick up a camera

I don't know why you can't get girls! Seems like you'll be husbanded up by now. wink

B B  Benny and the jets...why everytime i see your name i sing that?

Oct 14 05 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

As my photography work is mainly nudes, attraction is
a principal element. That's why I don't shoot men.

Oct 14 05 01:09 pm Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

Semora wrote:

I don't know why you can't get girls! Seems like you'll be husbanded up by now. wink

B B  Benny and the jets...why everytime i see your name i sing that?

lol thats funny everytime i walk in the regular bars i go to you hear a couple of people saying in a high voice BENNY! like in the song .... oops i forgot to mention before i started modeling I was a chef

Oct 14 05 01:10 pm Link

Model

Semora

ooh..he can cook too. What is wrong with the ladies?? you can cook, look good, you model and i'm sure you do a hundred other things..maybe they are intimidated by you Benny

Oct 14 05 01:14 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Benny wrote:

lol thats funny everytime i walk in the regular bars i go to you hear a couple of people saying in a high voice BENNY! like in the song .... oops i forgot to mention before i started modeling I was a chef

Aye, bro. Me too.
Are you trying to copy me? Ima tell on you.

Oct 14 05 01:48 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Semora wrote:

I don't usually drink beer...i needed the lil buzz. wink

Well, I didn't mind. Cause when you got buzzed you took advantage of me. And It was GREAT!

If you do this everytime you get buzzed. Trust me. I'll make sure to keep enough beer around.

Oct 14 05 01:50 pm Link

Model

simplyfresco

San Francisco, California, US

Tiara LeAnne wrote:
I want to be a photographer for that reason!...
what can I say?...i love the ladies ; )   lol

I COMPLETELLY AGREE !

Oct 14 05 03:35 pm Link

Model

Semora

Angelus wrote:

Well, I didn't mind. Cause when you got buzzed you took advantage of me. And It was GREAT!

If you do this everytime you get buzzed. Trust me. I'll make sure to keep enough beer around.

I knew something happened!!! That's why i was feeling so good! wink

Oct 14 05 03:55 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Semora wrote:

I knew something happened!!! That's why i was feeling so good! wink

haha. I hoped you were. Because, I was in bliss.
We've definately gotta do it again, sometime.

I'll have the beers (or maybe some mixed drinks), and you just bring yourself.
I'll even rent the movie were supposed to watch the last time, but never got around to.

Oct 14 05 04:22 pm Link

Model

Kyung Jin

London, England, United Kingdom

Semora wrote:

I disagree Semora. In almost all posts I read so far in this thread, you all are comparing male models to female models from the female model point of view. But the problem is not here while getting the variety out of males.

You'll never be able to extract the MALE essence without a totally different approach (a new eye)! There is thousand ways to express the masculinity, the power and beauty of males. I just feel a lack of creativity and imagination in that field. Is it because it's "still" new? is it because it is "still" a bit taboo? I dont know but for sure what's missing is creativity and imagination. This is like a new-born domain, a draft.

Not to forget that female models photography has more experience than male models photography. This domain just need some really talented photogs (and there is already some) interested and passionated and able to boost this sector. to bring the necessary creativity and imagination. To extract the male essense has it has been done for female!

And the stimulus is growing. Till recently the public was inexisting (or almost) for male models. this public is yet to come and especially with women who have gained more freedom and power in the society and with men for which beauty is less a taboo.

Now, that being said come get your camera on me to extract the male essence! wink

Oct 14 05 04:42 pm Link

Model

Semora

Sweetheart i will make you my first male project(if i wasn't scared to ride planes). After this post googled online men posing and i did find out a lot of information. Hopefully i'll photograph men the way i want to see them. Sexy all the time wink busines suits..everyday jobs. I came up with a project dealing with men only(thanks to this thread and all of your responses) hopefully you guys will like it and watch me grow. You're right though..i am only viewing through my eyes. I love a challenge. Semora loves a challenge.

Oct 14 05 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Ward

New York, New York, US

Angelus wrote:

bah! women and their lies! LOL

i have one more and i'm having it tonight, then i'm getting drunk on staten island tomorrow (nothing else better to do out there) smile

Oct 14 05 04:52 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Paul Ward wrote:

bah! women and their lies! LOL

i have one more and i'm having it tonight, then i'm getting drunk on staten island tomorrow (nothing else better to do out there) smile

Damn, Paul. Staten Island?  Ican't make it out there. That's a flight and a taxi ride.

Well, I'll just go to 'Hard Rock' and have some drinks there.

adn, NO Semora, you can't come this time. We;ll be in public and I don't want to be locked up for 'lewd conduct.' Or Indecent exposure.

Oct 14 05 05:25 pm Link

Model

Semora

i never dranked beer before to be honest..had like 5 drinks my whole lil life. Never smoked either, only been clubbin twice. ahh the lovely life i've had!

Oct 14 05 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

https://www.communicating-arts.com/images/031026-43-rev-200xh.jpg

When it is not devoted to pure design, the soul of art is empathy and imagination.  It's about people, stories, myths, icons, fantasies.  It also may be about connection, isolation, or recognition through our eyes.  If the person as actor or model has something to offer -- attitude, build, character, emotion, grace, power -- I want to bring that out if the picture's about portraiture or create or discover it through process if it's about theater. 

I have a girlfriend.  I have all the country-western dance partners in camisoles and "lip splitters" that I can stand.  I don't need photography to meet anyone, nor do I have to restrict myself to collecting pretty pictures of pretty girls and boys.  Photography, as with many other fine arts, provides a way of experiencing, interpreting, and working with life.  That's the heart of it for me and the business, politics, and sociology associated with it strike as necessary evils and cultural barnacles.

Oct 14 05 05:54 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Semora wrote:
i never dranked beer before to be honest..had like 5 drinks my whole lil life. Never smoked either, only been clubbin twice. ahh the lovely life i've had!

Well, we'll change that..you and I!
Bettr pack a lunch. Cause this gonna take a while to catch you up.

Oct 14 05 06:00 pm Link

Model

Kyung Jin

London, England, United Kingdom

commart wrote:
https://www.communicating-arts.com/images/031026-43-rev-200xh.jpg

When it is not devoted to pure design, the soul of art is empathy and imagination.  It's about people, stories, myths, icons, fantasies.  It also may be about connection, isolation, or recognition through our eyes.  If the person as actor or model has something to offer -- attitude, build, character, emotion, grace, power -- I want to bring that out if the picture's about portraiture or create or discover it through process if it's about theater. 

I have a girlfriend.  I have all the country-western dance partners in camisoles and "lip splitters" that I can stand.  I don't need photography to meet anyone, nor do I have to restrict myself to collecting pretty pictures of pretty girls and boys.  Photography, as with many other fine arts, provides a way of experiencing, interpreting, and working with life.  That's the heart of it for me and the business, politics, and sociology associated with it strike as necessary evils and cultural barnacles.

W.O.W! Well said! wink
I love passionated people. Those who put their all in what they do!

Oct 14 05 06:31 pm Link

Model

Semora

I feel as though it is safer inside.i'm already wild and crazy..and i know how i am when i'm buzzed(buzzed 3 times outta the five drinks) Y..just to step out of character for a couple of hours. Taste awful...I'm a party girl at heart...
boy..i need to get out more. So when will be the ultimate MM get together party>?

I get it now everyone. Men don't shoot men because they are not sexy. If they thought they were sexy then we will see more men in portfolios instead of women. What kind of world would that be? (Please don't take it serious before you guys get ready to blow steam at me )

Homework: Post your favorite "Man" Shot in here. We will all like to see.

Oct 14 05 07:26 pm Link

Model

Semora

Kyung Jin wrote:

W.O.W! Well said! wink
I love passionated people. Those who put their all in what they do!

i heard the violins playing. he's right nicely said wink

Oct 14 05 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Antonio Barros

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Well,
I started to work with the camera because I could not pay a photographer to click the fashion shows for me.

I don't like to take pictures of men and kids. (Girls walk better in the runway and pose better.) BUT I don't like to take pictures of nude girls too, I think it is to "clichê".

Oct 14 05 07:34 pm Link

Model

Semora

Hey..don't knock the kids! I use to work as a children's photographer at Kiddie Kandids, and these parents spend well over 100 for prints. Some spent 300 bucks NO LIE. See parents, aunts, grandmas and pa's spend big money for lil johny and sarah's pictures with a snowball in their hand or milk on their lips. Just don't take no more than 10-20 poses. You want to make it seem like you are so confident in those shots. The more may overwhelm the parent. The less the better..TRUST ME! I'm a parent, just the thought of the photographer trashin my daughter's pictures, HA I buy them all!  i'm telling you that's where the real quick cash is! It's almost christmas time too! I ENVY all of you photographers with all the equipment and studio right now. I would rack up some christmas cash quick!

Oct 14 05 07:37 pm Link