Forums > Model Colloquy > I wanna be a photographer just to get girls!

Model

Kyung Jin

London, England, United Kingdom

Semora wrote:
Hey..don't knock the kids! I use to work as a children's photographer at Kiddie Kandids, and these parents spend well over 100 for prints. Some spent 300 bucks NO LIE.

Well... if they can afford it thats not too much.
After all you seize the moment (we never go back) so somewhere a kid shot is priceless. I wish i have some of myself as I dont have any but spending 200 for my 2 daughters , I dont mind. They'll be happy later... come get my money haha!

Oct 14 05 08:52 pm Link

Model

Kyung Jin

EDIT :  oops duplicate see topic below wink

Oct 14 05 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Robert_Darabos

Saginaw, Michigan, US

what's wrong with being short?!?  sad

Oct 14 05 09:03 pm Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Robert_Vega wrote:
what's wrong with being short?!?  sad

aww..nothing,  just pointing out some reasons guys may have wanted to. i have no problem with short, or even unattractive men. i dated all kinds of men. i'm taking a break now. No dating until June 2006. sad

Oct 14 05 09:32 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
I like dresses, but I don't want to wear them, and I don't want to photograph men wearing them.  Usually.

But you would so photograph RuPaul...one of the best fashion/glam models around.

Oct 14 05 09:36 pm Link

Model

Kyung Jin

Semora wrote:
No dating until June 2006. sad

I am sorry for you wink

Oct 14 05 10:31 pm Link

Model

Semora

i know..i'm cool trying to be focused!

Oct 14 05 11:21 pm Link

Model

Kyung Jin

Semora wrote:
i know..i'm cool trying to be focused!

oh ok! well... losing the focus sometimes during these periods is good also... you know yin/yang wink (jokin)

Oct 14 05 11:57 pm Link

Model

Semora

Kyung Jin wrote:

oh ok! well... losing the focus sometimes during these periods is good also... you know yin/yang wink (jokin)

men drive me crazy...if they looked and had you rmentality maybe i would hold on to them instead of throw them away. lol

Oct 15 05 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Brooklyn, New York, US

Hey,
    Interesting Topic.
  Honestly I shoot females models over males models because I love the female form.
Inaddition I do not get any male models hiring me for Photography since the mid 90's.
I have shot male models on fashion shoots for magazines but hiring me for a shoot no. If they were the ones hiring me then that is all I would have in my portfolio.

Take Care,
Robert Perez

Oct 15 05 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Miguel Book 1

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I am ugly, short, fat and a nerd so I guess I need to stop to shoot men, birds, dogs, horses, cats and do only ladies to see if I get free cute girls pics and get paid.
If you want ugly for 2006 I am your guy. LOL

Oct 15 05 12:20 am Link

Model

Kyung Jin

Semora wrote:

men drive me crazy...if they looked and had you rmentality maybe i would hold on to them instead of throw them away. lol

TY! I am the best guy you could have ever dreamed about! haha to be honest, you may not bet on the right horse... I know your problem now wink lol

Oct 15 05 12:24 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Semora wrote:
I always wondered why there are so many men photographers that refuse to shoot men? Some reasons i thought of. Some, and i say some, become photographers (shooting woman not nature and that good stuff) because they can't get girls at first and used this to get girls, maybe because they were SHORT, nerdy, not as attractive, whatever(you will see in this thread who will be offended by that wink  )..but then discovered girls don't care..they just want their free pictures, then the guy gets good and just do it for extra cash. If you did it for the ladies..just say it! Who cares. the world wil still turn!

What made you pic up a camera. or why don't you shoot men?

To be quite honest, most of what I shoot is what is attractive to me, especially if it is a test shoot.

It's not that I'm afraid or anything.

Also, there aren't a lot of male models out there who have contacted me, so I really don't give it much thought.

Would I shoot a man? Sure. It would be yet another step towards diversifying my portfolio.

Oct 15 05 12:47 am Link

Model

Semora

Miguel A wrote:
I am ugly, short, fat and a nerd so I guess I need to stop to shoot men, birds, dogs, horses, cats and do only ladies to see if I get free cute girls pics and get paid.
If you want ugly for 2006 I am your guy. LOL

lol silly!

Oct 15 05 07:38 am Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

I'll shoot anything can make an image. I'm too old for girls and too immature for women. Or was that the other way... no. Let me try again. Girls think I'm icky and women know I'm icky. No, that's not right either. Do you like pineapple? I'm a hologram, I'm a figment of your imagination. There's nothing to see here. Please move along.

Oct 15 05 10:46 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

megafunk wrote:
I'll shoot anything can make an image. I'm too old for girls and too immature for women. Or was that the other way... no. Let me try again. Girls think I'm icky and women know I'm icky. No, that's not right either. Do you like pineapple? I'm a hologram, I'm a figment of your imagination. There's nothing to see here. Please move along.

nah uh. I saw you. And, I'm telling too.

btw. Me too. I'm just a figment of my imagination.

huh? wait...

Oct 15 05 11:26 am Link

Model

A Cristina

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

John Lavery wrote:
I don't use my camera to get girls.

That's what I play in a band for.

And that doesn't work, either...

smile

haha
aweosme!
Aprille

Oct 15 05 11:29 am Link

Model

A Cristina

Semora wrote:

aww..nothing,  just pointing out some reasons guys may have wanted to. i have no problem with short, or even unattractive men. i dated all kinds of men. i'm taking a break now. No dating until June 2006. sad

AMEN to that sister!
Aprille

Oct 15 05 11:37 am Link

Model

A Cristina

megafunk wrote:

HAHA
but ur hella funny..
does funny get chicks
not gonna lie..i would pick funny over better looking
Aprille

Oct 15 05 11:42 am Link

Model

Semora

Aprille wrote:

HAHA
but ur hella funny..
does funny get chicks
not gonna lie..i would pick funny over better looking
Aprille

i second that. keep me laughing. Personality defeats looks. (well, in some cases wink  )

Oct 15 05 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

legworkPhotography

Detroit, Alabama, US

My reasoning was simple as a graphics designer it was to costly to keep hiring a photog to do my  shooting. Secondly my clientel involves alot of male dancers which my girl shoots now. I'll be dam to look at some 6'5 235lb Steroid looking Chippendale with a 16 inch weed wacker.  Ain't happening Ugh!!!!!!!!!!  Man pubes

Oct 15 05 02:34 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

DymeXtreme wrote:
I'll be dam to look at some 6'5 235lb Steroid looking Chippendale with a 16 inch weed wacker.  Ain't happening Ugh!!!!!!!!!!  Man pubes

We are banning that type of information from here. No mentioning male genitalia. We can talk about women's n'aughty bits' all day long. As a mater of fact, lets do that. But, please no mentioning of mens' privates. ('positively nor negatively') Violation. that's just gross. Ugh!!

**goes to gag and then watch 'XXX: State of Union' with some beer and calling a hot chick to get that image out of his head.**

Oct 15 05 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Kendal Carr Photography

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Hmm!  I got into photography because of my ex-girlfriend who was my girl at the time.  She had purchased some cute little outfit from Victoria's Secret and slipped it on in the bathroom while I was sitting in the living room. When she came out, she looked so beautiful I picked up her point and shoot camera and snapped a few pics. (Actually about 3 rolls)  We had so much fun shooting and the pics came back great or at least so I thought at the time.  From then on I just started shooting more just to see what I could do.  I started with women because I think that's what I was attracted to.  I think as with any art, you are best at doing what it is you love or are most attracted to.  That happened to be women for me.  So as time past I just got more and more referrals from females and their friends and no guys worked their way into the mix.  I began shooting artistic nude stuff just because I loved playing with 1 or 2 lights and the shadows they created.  Men defnitely were out at that point because men around here assumed you'd have to be gay to do something like that.  I actually did ask my ex-girlfriend (the girl prior to this) and her boyfriend to pose for some pics and he freaked out so from then on I didn't ask another guy.  Now that I'm a professional, I'd have to say that it's not that I don't shoot males because I do or at least would but I get contacted by very few.  I think that I am harder on males and I'm really looking for a certain look when searching for male models.  A model whether male or female has to move me in some way and I think that with women it's a lot easier to get more moved by natural male/female attraction or bonding then with male/male.  I think that my style takes on a glamour feel regardless of what it is that I shoot and I think that it's harder for men to open themselves up to another male and be that playful, sexy, or seductive character and feel comfortable or like it won't be taken as personal interest.  With women models, I often get to a point where I find myself questioning whether the model is working or acting off of personal interest.  I came into this with it being just business but found that a lot of models do make comments that can be taken as more and a few have even got into asking personal questions about my life or calling just to talk.  I don't mind because I love making friends but at some point you begin to wonder how many models are really just on business time by the end of the shoot.  I'm sure all photographers get hit on at some point or flirted with and I think that it can be a good thing because it inspires and pushes.  I know with me I tend to have a lot better results from models who seem more open and playful then with the ones who come into the shoot quiet and cold.  Males have a hard time breaking that ice with each other if they are both hetrosexuals.

Oct 15 05 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I shoot guys, just haven't had any approach me in like, 3 years. *shrugs*

Oct 18 05 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Kendal Carr wrote:
Hmm!  I got into photography because ...

Kendal,

VERY honest post.  You see people look at his work- he is great.  Male photographers can be human and have human insticts and yet still act professionally and produce quality work.  Its the very humanity in us that makes us better photographers- that we are sensitive and see things.  If I was totally oblivious to an outrageously gorgeous and sexy woman who I am shooting- how am I going to deliver any emotion or feeling onto the image and the audience.

At this point I shoot gorgeous women.  Though I shoot gorgeous women in all clothing styles, I looooooove lingerie or less.  Why?  Because I am me- a guy!  LOL  I am not ashamed of being a human or a male.  Its because of that, that I can capture such gorgeous images- because its what I see and like.

Just because a photographer is being honest about his feelings doesnt mean he is going to act unprofessionally or is not really an artist or a professional.  It just means he is honest.

My 2 cents,
-Jose

Oct 18 05 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Semora wrote:

Maybe i was just referring to certain "Urban/so call fashion photographers"  hmmm

I think i would mainly shoot women too. i'm not gay..but women are beautifull!! smile

Does "urban" usually refer to local ("round the way" "ghetto") photographers ?

Oct 18 05 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

I prefer to, AND have shot ONLY females. I will shoot males, but they have to be doing something other than just sittin'/standing around. I will shoot females doing almost anything.

Oct 18 05 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Damn, what happened ? Is it my cologne ? How come er'body is gone now ?

Oct 18 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

legworkPhotography

Detroit, Alabama, US

Did they delete my post about harrasing photographers? Oh Well Did I mention I don't like shooting Talley Wackers or men in Tighty Whiteys? 

My girl shoots all of my Male exotic dancers & I think it makes her a lil horney she be trying to nail me after looking at the oiley men.

Oct 18 05 02:42 pm Link