Forums > Model Colloquy > question for models, every get "happy" at a shoot?

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
It's been six years and there are still men in this thread who don't understand how a vagina works. It's just sad.

Show me!   big_smile

Dec 18 13 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

The important thing is that a woman is free to express herself during a nude photoshoot without outside pressures to be inhibited from others.

Women can, and often do, assert alot of pressures on fellow women to restrict their expressions regarding this matter.

Dec 18 13 06:38 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Bare Essential Photos wrote:
The important thing is that a woman is free to express herself during a nude photoshoot without outside pressures to be inhibited from others.

Women can, and often do, assert alot of pressures on fellow women to restrict their expressions regarding this matter.

Okay, since my previous post was not small enough words:

Go read a biology book.  Or even Wikipedia.

You are the 90%.

Dec 18 13 06:59 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dec 18 13 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

The Original Sin  wrote:

Okay, since my previous post was not small enough words:

Go read a biology book.  Or even Wikipedia.

You are the 90%.

zzzZING!

Dec 18 13 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To Original Sin --

Yes, same here.

There's nothing wrong with women getting happy while doing a nude shoot. It's only natural. However, it tends to be a sensitive subject with most women, unfortunately.

Okay, let me keep this simple. The last quoted sentence describes where you're coming from. Fortunately, there are women who have no problem expressing themselves.

Why you're corresponding being "happy" with having sex is something you need to deal with. Don't impose your perceptions on other women's. Because those are your perceptions of "being happy."

Dec 18 13 09:28 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

To Original Sin --

Okay, let me keep this simple. The last quoted sentence describes where you're coming from. Fortunately, there are women who have no problem expressing themselves.

Why you're corresponding being "happy" with having sex is something you need to deal with. Don't impose your perceptions on other women's. Because those are your perceptions.

What is it that you think she's "perceiving" about how a vagina works?

Originally, this thread was about one person asking if any other people become aroused on their shoots. What happened afterwards was a bunch of male photographers claiming that they KNOW when their models are sexually aroused because they "can see it in the photos", referring to visible wetness. And a bunch of male photographers completely ignoring the FACT that wetness does not automatically equal sexual arousal, and it's not only totally inappropriate, but completely stupid to keep insisting it does when you've never once been in the personal physical possession of a vagina nor do you have any ground to claim you KNOW when someone is aroused unless they have expressly told you as much with words from their mouths, not liquids from their genitals that you clearly don't understand the workings of.

I haven't seen any models here be embarrassed to admit if a shoot turned them on, as you keep insisting they are. I have seen a handful of models talk about how uncomfortable their male photographers made them, or would make them if it happened to them, to try to TELL them that they ARE aroused because their vaginas are secreting at an inopportune moment  Vaginas are not sex vending machines that gush gooeyness for the sole purpose of making it fun to put something inside them, and they certainly don't do it all day long so some ignorant stranger from the Internet can sit there and tell the girl he KNOWS what her body is doing and what she's feeling because he can see it.

And just so we're clear, as Renee said, you are a part of the problem.

Yes, I can clearly see that the nude models get "happy" during my shoots. Nothing wrong with that. With most of the shoots, I delete pics which show it. I don't mind as long as they are focused.

No, you can't "clearly see" sexual arousal simply by the existence of vaginal discharge.

I think it's great that models are obviously enjoying the moment during a nude shoot. It's makes the shoot all that much more authenic.

What kind of shoot are you doing where vaginal discharge makes it more "authentic"? Shooting for medical text books on the topic of genital fluids?

JennyGin wrote:
this is in response to this thread https://modelmayhem.com/p.php?thread_id=136017

it got me wondering,.... do any models ever get horny while you shoot?

From my experience many models do, especially when it's a nude shoot.

I guess nude shoots just brings out desires which they often try to contain when not doing a shoot.

You experience in what? Models specifically saying you "gosh gabby I'm so turned on right now!" Or you starring at their crotches looking for wetness?
You know what a nude shoot ACTUALLY does? Allows people to see your snatch, and it might just be in the middle of cleaning itself out at that moment.

Neal Bloom wrote:
This thread didn't bring out too much honesty from women, lol.

Agreed.

This is a subject matter that women, as a whole, aren't comfortable with and would rather deflect it with other explanations.

A few of the women were rather honest with their comments, however.

Yeah, actual medical data is just "deflecting", we should all refer to your expert opinion on how and why someone else's genitals operate the way they do in your presence.

And finally...

Yes, same here.

There's nothing wrong with women getting happy while doing a nude shoot. It's only natural. However, it tends to be a sensitive subject with most women, unfortunately.

It's sensitive because people like you think they know better about someone else's body and feelings than the person who actually possesses them, and god help any of those women if you've actually verbalized any of your wildly incorrect ideas about what's going on with their genitals TO them on the spot.

Read a goddamn book.

Dec 18 13 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To Laura Unbound --

The Original Sin  wrote:
So short answer:  90% of the time- the model has no interest in fucking you, nor does her vagina.  It's just doing the normal vagina thing.

Why don't you read this. She relate this to sex.

Laura, like it or not, there are women who get "happy" (stimulated) during a shoot. Are you going to say that's false. Do you, or The Original Sin, speak for every woman? Come on now, get real.

This preoccupation some women have in trying to say that every time a women gets moist it's NEVER because they don't feel "happy" is false. You and The Original Sin are aware of that but since this is a sensitve subject (hangup), you prefer to use some other explanation regarding getting happy. It's as simple as that. It's a hangup. This thread is asking about women models getting happy during a shoot. It's not about hangups with getting happy by giving another explanation of why women get moist.

Read the thread title, Laura. It's not asking about whether there are other reasons women get moist because it's not about that.

Dec 18 13 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

of course you know this . . .being a woman and all.

Dec 18 13 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Ick!

Dec 18 13 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

To Laura Unbound --

Laura, like it or not, there are women who get "happy" (stimulated) during a shoot. Are you going to say that's false. Do you, or The Original Sin, speak for every woman? Come on now, get real.

This preoccupation some women have in trying to say that every time a women gets moist it's NEVER because they don't feel "happy" is false. You and The Original Sin are aware of that but since this is a sensitve subject (hangup), you prefer to use some other explanation regarding getting happy. It's as simple as that. It's a hangup. This thread is asking about women models getting happy during a shoot. It's not about hangups with getting happy by giving another explanation of why women get moist.

How can you speak for any woman? Are you a woman?

I don't think the women in this thread are particularly inhibited.

Dec 18 13 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
It's sensitive because people like you think they know better about someone else's body and feelings than the person who actually possesses them, and god help any of those women if you've actually verbalized any of your wildly incorrect ideas about what's going on with their genitals TO them on the spot.

Read a goddamn book.

Wow, Laura, you really have some serious "hangups" when you come across like this.

Each woman can speak on their own behalf. They don't need you say why get they get "happy."

Also, you're way off in assuming that just because a women may get happy that I, or some other man, is going to take advantage of them, to put it politely. You're way out of line, Laura, when you say that. I think it's fair say that my previous comments were right on the button when referring to some women having hangups regarding this matter and you're making that very clear.

Good night, Laura.

Dec 18 13 10:14 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

To Laura Unbound --

Read the thread title, Laura. It's not asking about whether there are other reasons women get moist because it's not about that.

I never once claimed that the vagina doesn't SOMETIMES become wet because the person who owns it is sexually aroused. It certainly does. Sometimes. Sometimes, arguably most of the time, it's got nothing to do with sex. Biological facts aren't hang ups.

You on the other hand, seem really adamant that you KNOW when the vaginas in your presence are moist because they're sexually aroused. How are you so sure?
Considering this thread is, by your own words, asking for the voices of other WOMEN about whether or not THEY get sexually aroused at shoots....why did you chime in asserting that you KNOW because you could SEE it that models who have shot with you do? I certainly don't speak for those women, why are you trying to?

Dec 18 13 10:20 pm Link

Model

Mary Geraldine

Valdese, North Carolina, US

I just wish people would stop saying "happy"

https://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/that-makes-me-moist.jpg

Dec 18 13 10:23 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Each woman can speak on their own behalf. They don't need you say why get they get "happy."

Why did you post so many times for them then?

Dec 18 13 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The Original Sin  wrote:
90% of the time- the model has no interest in fucking you, nor does her vagina.

https://img.pandawhale.com/50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

Dec 18 13 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Nico Simon Princely

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
It's been six years and there are still men in this thread who don't understand how a vagina works. It's just sad.

I have met a few women that don't seem to know how their vagina works either... That's even more sad.

They need to read that page you linked to.

Dec 18 13 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

J-Gan

San Francisco, California, US

I just started reading the forums and I find them hysterical....not happy....hysterical. On one side you have a few going toe to toe, then the biologists steps in followed by the SNL crew....I can't decide what was funnier, the Helen Thomas photo or the Einstein gif?

Anway....my advice to the ladies. Check yourselves and your underwear throughout the shoot.

Dec 19 13 12:16 am Link

Model

Amber West

Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom

I had a photographer on a spanking shoot insist he could tell I was 'turned on'... and no, I KNOW what it feels like to be aroused, and I most certainly was not!

For me, to be frank, it's the old cliche of the fact that I am concentrating on the job at hand.  Awhile back, I worked with someone (photographer), who I can only describe as my idea of 'physical perfection for a man', doing an erotic shoot.  Yes, he was very, very attractive, and yes, I noticed this, and certainly enjoyed taking in his beauty.  However, did I get 'excited'?  No, I was too damn busy with trying to get good shots for our portfolios (remembering angles, facial expression, arch back, suck tummy in, etc).  I was there to work, and that is what I did.

Dec 19 13 12:44 am Link

Photographer

nudeXposed

Shanghai, Shanghai, China

what part of 'question for models' did you not understand?

Dec 19 13 04:26 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Dec 19 13 04:28 am Link

Photographer

Revenge Photography

Horsham, Victoria, Australia

I don't know (or care) what the reality for most models. I've had two models mention being turned on at a shoot. One was talking about shoots in general, not specifically shoots done with me. The other mentioned her arousal quietly to me because the pose we were going for would have left the other (female) model in no doubt about it.

All that really matters is that the situation is dealt with professionally.

Dec 19 13 04:47 am Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm just going to reiterate what I said earlier...

... but unless that model has vocalized to you very clearly that she is "happy," don't assume.

Vaginas do a ton of things. They are not just receptacles for phallic objects. Short of a woman's cooch becoming a shining rainbow and bursting out rays of sunshine when she is aroused, you won't know by mere sight of her ladyparts whether she is aroused or not.

Dec 20 13 06:58 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love it when men come barging in and say how they KNOW female models were turned on because there was vaginal discharge visible, without any doubt.

Dec 20 13 07:37 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

how is this thread still taking place in an industry forum ?

Is this the model forum or Penthouse forum?

Aside from making photographers look really bad due to their over-active imaginations and their unfortunate attempts to sexualize photo shoots, such a thread makes everyone involved with this site look bad.

Unless a model makes a point of specifically telling you that she's turned on and wants you to do something to help her out, then it is none of your fucking business.

A 6-plus YEAR old thread with photographers telling models what their vaginal wetness means, and the thread is still open?

facepalm

Seriously, is this a hook-up/dating site, or a professional networking site?

SMDH

Dec 20 13 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

IDiivil wrote:
I'm just going to reiterate what I said earlier...

Vaginas do a ton of things. They are not just receptacles for phallic objects. Short of a woman's cooch becoming a shining rainbow and bursting out rays of sunshine when she is aroused, you won't know by mere sight of her ladyparts whether she is aroused or not.

Wait.... This actually happens??!

Dammit. I have never properly aroused a woman.

sad

Dec 20 13 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Lester Hartness

Bakersfield, California, US

Had a model contact me recently, said she liked my work, wanted to do some edgy stuff, but she only works with young, good looking photographers.  I told her that if that was her criteria for choosing a photographer, she should just move along.  I'm not young.

Dec 20 13 10:28 am Link

Model

Jupiter Red

New York, New York, US

Truthfully
The more attractive I find a photographer, the more distracted I am during a shoot.
So my best photos come from normal/average dudes I guess you could say.
Weird I know :p

Dec 20 13 10:46 am Link

Photographer

SoftLights

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I've had this happen a number of times. I know for a fact that it wasn't because they were attracted to the photographer. I've had models apologize and briefly excuse them selves, I've had them leave abruptly because they remember they had to "pick up a friend from work". And of course the unmistakable evidence while viewing the images. I think it's pretty awesome that a model can enjoy what she's doing to that extent. But then again, I think most models are pretty awesome anyway:)

Dec 20 13 11:37 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

I get happy/turned on during nude shoots and even some eye-candy glamour shoots. I don't do art nudes. The shoots I do sometimes make me more wet than just normal "you're a woman" kind of thing. I'm turned on by making my "invisible audience" turned on. Maybe I'm just an overly horny kind of girl, doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with you. I'm not ashamed of it and I refuse to make excuses about it.

Now if a photographer is getting all happy because I'm "happy" then it gets a little weird. Most of the photographers I shoot with keep it classy so I haven't run into any problems on that accord,

Dec 20 13 11:56 am Link

Model

Elizabeta Rosandic

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Nor do we need you to tell us when or why we get "happy".

Dec 20 13 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

This is a little sad. What is all this crap about getting horny. Jesus people! Are you all in junior high. I shoot lots of nudes. I don't focus on vaginas much because primarily as a art photographer though I shoot alot of nudes. I don't need to stare or even look at her Vagina. I most often avoid looking if she is trying to settle into a pose.

Look photographers act like a gentlemen, and models why all the hate.  I am the first to admit I know shot about a womans body even though I read OUR BODIES OURSELVES and Cosmopolitan in the 70's to try to learn more. And lest we forget other than seeing a playboy, when I was young the only nudes I saw were from the African issues and the Bra section in the Sears an Robuck catalogue.

I'm now 60 years old I guess boys we will all have to admit women remain a mystery to us. That's ok with me. I love unraveling the mystery 1 relationship at a time

Dec 20 13 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Revenge Photography

Horsham, Victoria, Australia

I have to laugh .... a 6 year old zombie thread and people are getting more agitated and argumentative now than they did back in 2007

Dec 21 13 08:42 am Link

Model

Axioma

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

No. Personally speaking, getting geared up in all sorts of uncomfortable wardrobe, holding all sorts of uncomfortable poses, being placed in harsh light while thinking about relaxing shoulders/face, sucking in tummy, showing of the clothes and giving variety for the make-up and hair people involved too, while being fun company to shoot with as well, does not make me horny.

Dec 21 13 10:13 am Link

Photographer

MJS Images

Corona, California, US

Revenge Photography wrote:
I have to laugh .... a 6 year old zombie thread and people are getting more agitated and argumentative now than they did back in 2007

No kidding, it's acually pretty funny to read how angry some people get over this topic.

Dec 21 13 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

R Byron Johnson

Norman, Oklahoma, US

I think the important thing to take this from this thread is that sexual arousal is a shameful and disgusting thing and, if it ever occurs, it should be blamed on something else.  And if you desire it from someone else, then shame on you.

Sex has absolutely nothing at all to do with photography and modeling.  The fact that there's so much nudity and eroticism involved with it (and that most photogs are men and most models are women) means nothing at all.  Sexuality has no place in art.  It's a terrible shallow thing that we must never speak favorably of or express in any authentic form.

Dec 22 13 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

R Byron Johnson

Norman, Oklahoma, US

And seriously, there are other reasons why a man gets an erection besides being turned on.  But if a male photog got a boner during a shoot, I'm pretty sure you'd assume that he was aroused.

Dec 22 13 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
I get happy/turned on during nude shoots and even some eye-candy glamour shoots. I don't do art nudes. The shoots I do sometimes make me more wet than just normal "you're a woman" kind of thing. I'm turned on by making my "invisible audience" turned on. Maybe I'm just an overly horny kind of girl, doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with you. I'm not ashamed of it and I refuse to make excuses about it.

Hi Danielle!

I don't follow this thread much... just cursory... but... from what I am getting out from it sofar, and I haven't read all posts... so I might be wrong... but, according to the posts of your female model colleagues... you are wrong about getting horny!

You must be misinterpreting your bodily reaction as sexual, when your vagina just tries to get rid of stuff!

Read the posts and you might learn what your body is really doing and how it functions... tongue

Dec 22 13 02:23 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

udor wrote:
Hi Danielle!

I don't follow this thread much... just cursory... but... from what I am getting out from it sofar, and I haven't read all posts... so I might be wrong... but, according to the posts of your female model colleagues... you are wrong about getting horny!

You must be misinterpreting your bodily reaction as sexual, when your vagina just tries to get rid of stuff!

Read the posts and you might learn what your body is really doing and how it functions... tongue

I don't think anyone here tried to prove other females wrong. But when you have men going on about how they could tell the model they worked with was aroused just because they saw a moist cunt, that's the issue at hand.

Do models ever get turned on at shoots? Possibly. No one is saying it never happens. However, I find it amusing that some men claim to know female biology better than anyone else.

Dec 22 13 04:19 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

udor wrote:
Hi Danielle!

She would know better about whether she's horny than anyone else would.
However whether or not she's wet wouldn't really be a very good indication, as women can get horny without getting particularly wet and women can get wet without being any kind of horny.

No one's arguing with women about their bodies. In fact most of this thread is men saying they know whether their models are turned on by stating really bad misinterpretations of biology.

Dec 22 13 04:27 pm Link