Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Don't fly Northwest or United!

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm too lazy to edit out the foul language, so just go to my blog and read....

READ HERE WHY YOU SHOULDN'T FLY NORTHWEST OR UNITED!

Jan 07 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Eddy Torigoe

Boston, Massachusetts, US

i'm sure there are horror stories for every single airline out there. now how am i supposed to fly? sad

Jan 07 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

No joke, I got a couple for Delta and Southwest... Looks like there aren't many left...lol.

Shit happens. Every day, for some. I just chock it up to experience and wish the nasty muther *&$@#%! a nice day. big_smile

Jan 07 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Well, if I boycotted an airline because of a bad experience, I wouldn't fly commercial anywhere.

But my single worst experience was from United. They took my checked bags, watched them disappear, and then told me my flight was canceled. They blamed it on weather in a different town - therefore, they couldn't help me with lodging. I'd have to come back tomorrow for the next available flight. They'd just taken all my changes of clothes, and every frickin' hotel in town was booked up. That was a lovely night.

Jan 07 06 09:41 pm Link

Model

seby

oh yeah dont fly with united for sure, i cannot beleive they make u buy snacks, like they barely give u peanuts,...hahah really its avaliable for purchase, and dont even have pillows for everyone,

Jan 07 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

Aimercat wrote:

I've already informed all of my friends and acquaintances (last August) to avoid UNTIED AIRLINES at all costs; I've told my travel agent the same; and I have informed United by my actions. Sure, every single commercial carrier has provided its fair share of horror stories, but I am least impressed with the before and after flight customer service of UA (hmmm... Up-A**?).

Jan 07 06 09:50 pm Link

Model

Natalie7170

Schiller Park, Illinois, US

I just read your post and i work for a major airline as a gate agent and,,,I had to put my 2 cents in

Each and every airline  has their share of good or bad experiences.
I know for a fact that 90 percent of delays are caused to Air traffic control,,,which in simple terms means that there are too many darn flights departing and landing to an airport and not enough gates and runways....

on top of not having enough gates and runways many major airlines such as United or American had to cut back on their work force leaving those employees such as myself with double the  work.

Hence the gate agent not being able to attend to the connecting passengers such as yourself and focusing on the passangers on the outbound flight,

What im trying to say is that its not the agents fault that she was not able to attend to all 2oo people in the gate area at the same time. We try but ,,we are only human,
What ticks me off is that we get blamed for everything and get called every name in the book..
I just wish that passengers would just take the time to look and comprehend all these factors Imentioned above
before they call the gate agent a little B*%#@.

Im not defending the other Airlines actions for not informing you of their delays...nor do i work for United or Northwest
Human beings are demanding, complex individuals ,and we cant please everyone!
Dont get me wrong Im not defending the airline or their excuses for bad customer service,,,I just had to share my 2 cents...

I just hate when The employees get blamed/yelled  at for all the bs behind the scenes,,,

Jan 07 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Actually United is one of the few airlines I've never had any major issues with, and I fly 60,000 miles in an avaerage year.

These things tend to run in cycles.  A few screwups, somebody starts paying attention and fixes the problem, until some other airline has a bad month instead.

Jan 07 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

I flew 125,000 on United last year and another 25,000 on Delta, plus short bits on others.  I've flown them all and United isn't bad.  I expect to exceed 150,000 miles again this year.

Air travel isn't fun in any case.  It's just a fancy bus. Even in Business or First.

-Don

Jan 07 06 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

That's to sad...I used to fly every day on United Express and probably racked up 750,000 miles in about 8 months...I agree that the snacks are just peanuts, but all I cared about was getting there alive.

Now for Alaska, I used to worry when I flew with them and was scheduled to be on the one that went down by Catalina Island. I think it just wasn't my time, but scared the crap out of me anyway.

Then, of couse, there the cattle call of Southwest...If you can keep them from landing on top of gas pumps in Burbank and back east, then your doing good.

Bottom line on air travel is that pre 911, all the planes that we fly are 25-30 years old and have been stressed far to much and after 911, it's BK for everyone and poor customer service with the same 25-30 year old planes.

Jan 07 06 10:03 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

i have had nothing but pleasurable experiences on JetBlue

Jan 07 06 10:07 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Doug Harvey wrote:
...probably racked up 750,000 miles in about 8 months...

That's 3000 miles, or about 6 hours, of flying every day.  Nasty.  Or bad arithmetic.

-Don

Jan 07 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Brecht

Colton, California, US

Maybe these are reasons...

https://www.pbprophoto.net/photos/_W3Q2713.jpg
https://www.pbprophoto.net/photos/_W3Q2723.jpg

smile smile smile.....
Paul

Jan 07 06 10:11 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

Paul...Can I PLEASE have permission to post those in my blog?

Jan 07 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

That's 3000 miles, or about 6 hours, of flying every day.  Nasty.  Or bad arithmetic.

-Don

Nasty and yes...I flew alot!...Most of the time not seeing home for months on end...

Jan 07 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Paul Brecht wrote:
Maybe these are reasons...

https://www.pbprophoto.net/photos/_W3Q2723.jpg

smile smile smile.....
Paul

Nice capture...Bet the airlines would S*&^ knowing someone had that pic.

Jan 07 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Brecht

Colton, California, US

Aimercat wrote:
Paul...Can I PLEASE have permission to post those in my blog?

Hi Amy,

Sorry, but, I'd rather not. I have to use NWA to fly from CA to St Paul to visit my family. It takes me about 3½ hours to fly direct (NWA is the only direct flight). I've checked into all my other options, it would take a minimum of 7 hours & cost a lot more. I've checked & many other airlines take up to 12 hours w/ 3-6 hour layovers...

Paul

Jan 07 06 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Brecht

Colton, California, US

Doug Harvey wrote:
Nice capture...Bet the airlines would S*&^ knowing someone had that pic.

Actually, I was the 1st photographer on the scene. There was a helicopter flying overhead shooting for TV though. From what my friends & family told me, the newspapers had similar pictures, but mine were better...

I was able to sell images to the passengers from the DC-9 that hit the larger parked craft. I never saw so many people whip out their contact info so fast...

This happened @ the terminal next to me. I was set to board my plane in about ½ hour when this happened. I figure that there's a 0.05% chance of an airplane wreck & it just happened, so what are the chances ???  smile...

Paul

Jan 07 06 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Paul Brecht wrote:
This happened @ the terminal next to me. I was set to board my plane in about ½ hour when this happened. I figure that there's a 0.05% chance of an airplane wreck & it just happened, so what are the chances ???  smile...

Paul

See?? And people look at me like I'm a stupid idiot when I have my camera around my neck. Better than having to get the equiptment out of the overhead compartment, putting on the lens, and checking to see if I've got the battery in it. That's why I'll be getting pics like that ^ ^ ^, and you'll just be gettin' pics of the crew taking the defunct plane away...lol

Great captures, BTW. Enviable...lol.

Jan 07 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

seby wrote:
oh yeah dont fly with united for sure, i cannot beleive they make u buy snacks, like they barely give u peanuts,...hahah really its avaliable for purchase, and dont even have pillows for everyone,

I had no problems when I flew United to Ca for the holidays. Got hot roasted mixed nuts, a meal and plenty to drink. Oh... i forgot, i was in first class lol.

Jan 07 06 10:55 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

I remember flying from Atlanta to Seattle on Delta...I hated it. Not only were we seated right by the engine, which the sound from it gave me a major migraine, but we also had to pay $8 for a stinking sandwich that was pre-made by the Atlanta Bread Company. So, with the stale sandwich, crappy service, and the seats that recline 2 inches....I really hate flying.

What really sucks, is that in May, I have to do this all over again. I'm flying over to Germany. I just hope that the army will find a decent airline to fly us through...then again, it is the army, and they won't pay for more than they have to.

Jan 07 06 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

hey, i would rather walk to the usa than fly qantas, gods gift to assholes. i have flown united a number of times, would choose them over qantas any day.

Jan 07 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

aguynamededdy wrote:
i'm sure there are horror stories for every single airline out there. now how am i supposed to fly? sad

Well, it seems that 95% of the models out there have angel wings of some sort. Perhaps you could use those.

Then there's the 5% who can just hop on their broomsticks.

I don't see a problem here.

Jan 08 06 12:19 am Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Well, it seems that 95% of the models out there have angel wings of some sort. Perhaps you could use those.

Ouch! I don't have wings or a broomstick...what's a girl like me to do? I guess I'll stick out my thumb and hitch a ride...

Jan 08 06 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

seby wrote:

I wouldn't be using the blankets or pillows on any carrier's flight unless it was something like first class Virgin air.

From what I've heard, there's not a lot of sanitizing between flights so the blanket and pillow you're snuggling up with has just been drooled and sneezed on by the previous flier.

Jan 08 06 01:38 am Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Consider me one with a broomstick then because I'm going to be quite the little witch with Northwest until they appease me.

Jan 08 06 01:38 am Link

Model

Lady Bronze

Los Angeles, California, US

Aimercat wrote:

NO AIRLINE IS WORSE THEN DELTA.

Jan 08 06 02:23 am Link

Photographer

ImpactFoto

San Diego, California, US

Flying pretty much sucks anymore, no matter what airline you're on, and everyone's experiences are different.  Personally, my BEST experiences have been on United, so I pick them whenever possible.

Jan 08 06 06:43 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Glad I do not fly anymore.  bs

Jan 08 06 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

If I boycotted every company that ever game me a bad experience I wouldn't have phone, cable, or electricity.

Jan 08 06 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Fly AMTRAK!

Edit: I went back and read the blog. My first raction is:
"Bitchy gets as bitchy does." I won't go on. . ..

Jan 08 06 10:09 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

Lens N Light wrote:
Fly AMTRAK!

Edit: I went back and read the blog. My first raction is:
"Bitchy gets as bitchy does." I won't go on. . ..

love it.....

also i would of couse like to put my 2 cents in
i am well traveled.....

through everything that people have been through
and knowing your going to fly...be prepared...expect delays....
travel at odd hours so you dont have to deal with these problems.

i have nothing but good experience flying for the past how many years
i expect delays and things to happen.so i give myself 2hours between flights to catch connections sometimes 3 so i have time to change terminals etc. make sure my baggage
has time to travel with me...to connecting flights.going through customs and having bring food with me.

just think though those kids in the blog you wrote are only there for a few hours....
those parents have to deal with them their whole lives..

after 9-11 just be thankful you can still fly and that those airlines are still in (to a degree) working order!!!!!

Jan 08 06 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Northworst sucks ass, and the reps are all assholes......They took my money when I bought a plane ticket for someone else who couldn't make it, and they wouldn't give me any kind of voucher for me to use for myself......after i paid them $350.00. I cussed them up and down for an hour, I got tired of getting hung up on even when I was civil......I went to the airport and saw an NWA rep, gave it a chance and tried to be diplomatic...........that didn't last long, I finally at least did get a $100.00 travel voucher LOL

Jan 08 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

if people dressed nicely, maybe they would get better service...i fault the bafoon clients for the piss poor service.

Jan 08 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

The original post confirms my dislike of Yuppies and Soccer Moms who finally have kids in their late 30's and think that the world revolves around them and their brats!

Jan 08 06 11:43 am Link

Model

Natalie7170

KM von Seidl wrote:

I wouldn't be using the blankets or pillows on any carrier's flight unless it was something like first class Virgin air.

From what I've heard, there's not a lot of sanitizing between flights so the blanket and pillow you're snuggling up with has just been drooled and sneezed on by the previous flier.

There is no sanitizing between flights at all,,,,they just fold the blankets up when you get off the plane and the next victims use the same blankets,,,sometimes they stay overnight in the plane and are used in the morning

Jan 08 06 11:52 am Link

Model

Natalie7170

The Don Mon wrote:

love it.....

also i would of couse like to put my 2 cents in
i am well traveled.....

through everything that people have been through
and knowing your going to fly...be prepared...expect delays....
travel at odd hours so you dont have to deal with these problems.

i have nothing but good experience flying for the past how many years
i expect delays and things to happen.so i give myself 2hours between flights to catch connections sometimes 3 so i have time to change terminals etc. make sure my baggage
has time to travel with me...to connecting flights.going through customs and having bring food with me.

just think though those kids in the blog you wrote are only there for a few hours....
those parents have to deal with them their whole lives..

after 9-11 just be thankful you can still fly and that those airlines are still in (to a degree) working order!!!!!

Well said!

Jan 08 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Natalie7170 wrote:
There is no sanitizing between flights at all,,,,they just fold the blankets up when you get off the plane and the next victims use the same blankets,,,sometimes they stay overnight in the plane and are used in the morning

I think a few of the airlines periodically (once a month or so) swap out old used blankets and pillows with new (as in cleaned) ones.  But not on a regular basis.   Cleanup between flights is picking up garbage, any barf bags, and restowing blankets yes.

Flying has pretty much turned into the Greyhound bus lines of the sky.

I recall (this is how old I am) when there were Stewards and Stewardesses (and both were HOT) and fliers were treated as customers rather than hearded as cattle being led to slaughter.

Jan 08 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

did anyone watch "Airline" on the discoery channel???...most of the employess should have been fired and the passengers denied boarding rights.

Jan 08 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

This is what happens...

...when you let rappers fly your planes.  tongue

https://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006JJ51.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jan 08 06 12:18 pm Link