Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Hope everyone is doing good.

Personally, I can't wait for the holidays to be over.

Dec 03 08 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Everyone OK today?

Dec 05 08 06:00 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

Sometimes it is sad to think how much more successful you may be dead.
Nothing is impossible when you have passed.

Dec 05 08 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jeremy White

Roswell, Georgia, US

true... but thats not gonna stop me from trying.

Dec 05 08 06:04 pm Link

Model

Another Model

Wuhan, Hubei, China

all i want, is not to feel like that anymore.

Dec 05 08 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Cheer up. Keep going forward. You have a lot more left to do before passing on. Let success take care of itself. Just live for the moment and keep doing your thing.

Dec 06 08 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

*bump* "OOps....sorry!"

Dec 07 08 06:00 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Hi everyone.

Hope all is good. Not so good here, it's one thing after another. I just found out my health insurance is getting cancelled (I make $14 too much in disability), so now I cant even go to the doctor or get my meds. Things dont look so good for me.

Dec 07 08 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Hope all is good. Not so good here, it's one thing after another. I just found out my health insurance is getting cancelled (I make $14 too much in disability), so now I cant even go to the doctor or get my meds. Things dont look so good for me.

Not bad here. I'm more concerned about you now, though. PM sent.

Dec 07 08 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Everyone OK?

Dec 08 08 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

today has been a blessed day.

I got good news concerning a house I'm hoping to buy.

and my sweet and gentle cat came and sat in my lap for me to pet her for the first time since she came to live with me in September. smile

Dec 08 08 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:
today has been a blessed day.

I got good news concerning a house I'm hoping to buy.

and my sweet and gentle cat came and sat in my lap for me to pet her for the first time since she came to live with me in September. smile

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. Sometimes I wish my cat would NOT sit in my lap. She is always trying to type for me...sometimes with her nose. lol She's a sweetie, though.

Congrats on the house thing too. Hope it works out for you.

Dec 08 08 03:12 pm Link

Model

Another Model

Wuhan, Hubei, China

if my friends only knew how fucked up i really am....lol, no one knows.

someone told me once that if i talk about it then i wont go through with anything, and its easier posting to people i dont know. im not looking for attention or sympathy, but this helps a little, like getting it off my chest, i even posted something that happened to me recently. that was the last time i did something to myself.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … age=1#last

Dec 08 08 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

ForSaleByOwner wrote:
if my friends only knew how fucked up i really am....lol, no one knows.

someone told me once that if i talk about it then i wont go through with anything, and its easier posting to people i dont know. im not looking for attention or sympathy, but this helps a little, like getting it off my chest, i even posted something that happened to me recently. that was the last time i did something to myself.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … age=1#last

I'm the same way. I don't show it so no one knows. I was brought up in my family conditioned to not speak my mind or say how I felt about things. I still tend to clam up whenever there is anything negative. Only the positive was allowed. I guess my parents needed to know how awesome they were and what a great job they were doing raising their family.

Sorry about your girlfriend.

Dec 08 08 03:36 pm Link

Model

Another Model

Wuhan, Hubei, China

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
I'm the same way. I don't show it so no one knows. I was brought up in my family conditioned to not speak my mind or say how I felt about things. I still tend to clam up whenever there is anything negative. Only the positive was allowed. I guess my parents needed to know how awesome they were and what a great job they were doing raising their family.

Sorry about your girlfriend.

i feel like everyone is trying soo hard to show how happy they are and show it off everywhere, so i try to do the same, but that just make me want to hide it even more. And all i can do is get f*cking angry and think is what is wrong with me. If you meet me today you'd think that i was the happiest guy in the world, lol, i dont want to bring anyone else down.

yeah parents can be very good at giving you that wonderful start at a life thats not worth living it.

Dec 08 08 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

ForSaleByOwner wrote:

i feel like everyone is trying soo hard to show how happy they are and show it off everywhere, so i try to do the same, but that just make me want to hide it even more. And all i can do is get f*cking angry and think is what is wrong with me. If you meet me today you'd think that i was the happiest guy in the world, lol, i dont want to bring anyone else down.

yeah parents can be very good at giving you that wonderful start at a life thats not worth living it.

That's part of the problem with society today. Everyone puts on a show. I saw a news report today where they said over the past 2 years there has been an increase of about 30% in the number of people seeking help for depression, stress, anxiety disorders, etc. So it's definitely becoming a problem.

I'm the same way. I hate bringing anyone else down. I try to cheer others up no matter how I feel. Funny, it usually makes me feel better when I'm helping someone else with their problems. The only real problem I have is this real intense desire to just....stop. Give up. Go away and not look back. I just want to take my dog with me out into the woods somewhere and just sit down until I die. The thing stopping me is that I don't want my dog to suffer. Crazy, huh?

I figure people become who they are in one of two ways: because of their parents or in spite of their parents. Maybe a combination of both in some cases. I'm trapped in the because of group but trying so hard to become an in spite of.

I normally don't put myself out there like this, but no one judges in this thread. Sometimes it's good to get it out.

I definitely know how you feel, though. I'm in that spot a lot myself. Pretending to be happy, putting on a smile, going through the motions. I'm finding it harder and harder to do. This holiday is going to be the roughest for me. I don't want to deal with my family at all.

Hope things get better for you. I'm always available if you need to vent.

Dec 08 08 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Everyone OK today?

It's difficult - especially with the Holidays as I don't have the entire family to enjoy it with.

Dec 08 08 05:27 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

That's part of the problem with society today. Everyone puts on a show. I saw a news report today where they said over the past 2 years there has been an increase of about 30% in the number of people seeking help for depression, stress, anxiety disorders, etc. So it's definitely becoming a problem.

I'm the same way. I hate bringing anyone else down. I try to cheer others up no matter how I feel. Funny, it usually makes me feel better when I'm helping someone else with their problems. The only real problem I have is this real intense desire to just....stop. Give up. Go away and not look back. I just want to take my dog with me out into the woods somewhere and just sit down until I die. The thing stopping me is that I don't want my dog to suffer. Crazy, huh?

I figure people become who they are in one of two ways: because of their parents or in spite of their parents. Maybe a combination of both in some cases. I'm trapped in the because of group but trying so hard to become an in spite of.

I normally don't put myself out there like this, but no one judges in this thread. Sometimes it's good to get it out.

I definitely know how you feel, though. I'm in that spot a lot myself. Pretending to be happy, putting on a smile, going through the motions. I'm finding it harder and harder to do. This holiday is going to be the roughest for me. I don't want to deal with my family at all.

Hope things get better for you. I'm always available if you need to vent.

Don't you dare! The world would be just that much darker without you in it. But I can't say I dont feel the same way. Sometimes I wish I could just willmyself dead. Sigh.

Kayless, I am really glad to hear the good news about the house! I have a cat here who was rescued from hurricane Katrina. His name is Gator, lol. He is so shy and afraid of people, he still wont let anyone touch him. He was so cute when he first came here, he had never been in a house before. He would sit and STARE at the TV, he had no idea what in the world it was.

Dec 08 08 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:

Don't you dare! The world would be just that much darker without you in it. But I can't say I dont feel the same way. Sometimes I wish I could just willmyself dead. Sigh.

Kayless, I am really glad to hear the good news about the house! I have a cat here who was rescued from hurricane Katrina. His name is Gator, lol. He is so shy and afraid of people, he still wont let anyone touch him. He was so cute when he first came here, he had never been in a house before. He would sit and STARE at the TV, he had no idea what in the world it was.

That's so awesome! I'm not really a cat person, but my cat makes me forget that all the time. Does he still watch TV?

And don't worry, I'm not planning on going out to the woods any time soon. I still have some work left in this lifetime.

Dec 08 08 07:05 pm Link

Model

September Sui

Riverside, California, US

Hello all.

Feeling down tonight, so am counting my blessings. Reading through my LiveJournal to have a look at my year. It isn't as bad as I thought it was.

Hope you, too, are counting your blessings this holiday season!

Dec 08 08 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

September Sui wrote:
Hello all.

Feeling down tonight, so am counting my blessings. Reading through my LiveJournal to have a look at my year. It isn't as bad as I thought it was.

Hope you, too, are counting your blessings this holiday season!

Dec 10 08 03:02 am Link

Model

Senator Awesomepants

Greenville, Indiana, US

I want to post here I need to but I can't summon up the words.
All I know is I need help and I can't seem to make myself go get it.
Everything is falling again.
All I can think about is I should be dead right now, I should be. Last time should've done that.

Dec 10 08 04:36 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Elisabeth West wrote:
All I can think about is I should be dead right now, I should be. Last time should've done that.

Hi Elisabeth,

You can talk freely here, no one judges. If you need to, please PM me. I cant make anything better, I can just tell you I have been there and I feel the way you do all the time. Sometimes it helps to talk to people you dont know, if only to vent and have someone who understands.

Dec 10 08 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Elisabeth West wrote:

I'm with Natasha on this one. She's great to talk to. I'm here if you need someone to talk to also. Vent at, yell at, scream at...whatever you need. We don't judge here. That's why I'm so open in this thread. You'll find nothing but understanding and compassion here.

You can PM me if you want also.

Dec 10 08 06:37 pm Link

Model

EisaniSteelz

Newark, Arkansas, US

This is a really good post...I almost killed myself last night

Dec 10 08 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

EisaniSteelz wrote:
This is a really good post...I almost killed myself last night

I'm glad you didn't. Call a hotline if you feel that way again, OK? If you just need someone to talk to/vent at, I'm volunteering.

Dec 10 08 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Amazing thread.
Been basicly at times paralyzed by depression since I lost the only girl I ever connected with due to someone getting liquered up and blowing a red light nearly 20 years ago.Add the fact that I basicly stopped developing socially at age 13 due to being severely picked on,I have basicly lived a lonely life,save for a few friends who can see through this.Years of shitty therapy(too many stupid things to talk about)and being broke on Long Island exasperated the problem.I basicly spend all my time alone,I drive a truck over the road.My only release is the 6 times a week I hit the gym(nobody would ever pick me out as a trucker,check out my myspace).
Also adding to my misert is that I make irrational decisions with money(like buying a townhome 2 years ago with an ARM that has lost half its value and the arm adjusting this month).
This Holliday will be the toughest,about to turn 40 next March,very little relationship experience and no hope of meeting someone desirable,family putting pressure on me...

Dec 10 08 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Meh,phone cut me off.
Anyways,to continue,my family putting pressure on me to just settle with anyone.
The only good thing is that I finally found a therapist who works with me over the phone,but its just this overwhelming feeling that I'm a failure(even though I released a few CDs,was signed,but even that depresses me because my social awkwardness killed the band as they alll took advantage of me)nearing age 40,and probably never knowing what it is like to be in love and probably never raising a family.

Dec 10 08 07:56 pm Link

Model

EisaniSteelz

Newark, Arkansas, US

I'm glad you didn't. Call a hotline if you feel that way again, OK? If you just need someone to talk to/vent at, I'm volunteering.

Thank you for the offer and I will.

Sometimes depression is really hard to deal with.  i've been through a lot in my life and the effects of everything are just a burden too big for me to bear.  I have a hard time staying happy to be serious.  Last night/this morning was one of the worst.

Dec 10 08 10:07 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Hi everyone

I just want to reiterate that I am always available for PMs. If you need my number for an emergency lifeline, just ask ok?

It may be awkward to call a stranger, but trust me. I have been in crisis and went through everyone I am supposed to call in that situation and not been able to get anyone on the phone. It's s c a r y. As was mentioned here also, there are hotlines you can call too. Even 911 if you need to.

I dont know everyones personal story. I can tell you that now, when I am at my very lowest, the only thing that keeps me here is knowing what it would do to my wife. When I almost died last year, I never even thought of her as I was doing it. Afterward, when I realized how traumatized she was from the whole ordeal, it really stuck with me. It still does.

So grab onto any thought you can, and realize your loss WILL matter to someone, even if you dont believe it. You are depressed and not thinking clearly at a time like this, but remember.....YOU MATTER. Even if YOU don't believe it, you matter. It is your depressed brain distorting how you are thinking.

Dec 10 08 10:33 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Bump
How is everyone doing?

Dec 11 08 03:05 pm Link

Model

LifeIsBeautiful

Newark, Delaware, US

Awesome idea. So many people everywhere go through this, whether they like to admit it or not.

For me, I went through a lot of this when I was 14, I got sent to a hospital and when I was discharged I never thought I would be so grateful of the air I breathed.
I have only had a few breakdowns since then, and I plan to keep it that way.

People don't realize the little amount of pressure it takes to make someone crack, not all of us are as strong as the other when it comes to self confidence or feeling like you belong.

This is a great thread.

Dec 11 08 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:
Hi everyone

I just want to reiterate that I am always available for PMs. If you need my number for an emergency lifeline, just ask ok?

It may be awkward to call a stranger, but trust me. I have been in crisis and went through everyone I am supposed to call in that situation and not been able to get anyone on the phone. It's s c a r y. As was mentioned here also, there are hotlines you can call too. Even 911 if you need to.

I dont know everyones personal story. I can tell you that now, when I am at my very lowest, the only thing that keeps me here is knowing what it would do to my wife. When I almost died last year, I never even thought of her as I was doing it. Afterward, when I realized how traumatized she was from the whole ordeal, it really stuck with me. It still does.

So grab onto any thought you can, and realize your loss WILL matter to someone, even if you dont believe it. You are depressed and not thinking clearly at a time like this, but remember.....YOU MATTER. Even if YOU don't believe it, you matter. It is your depressed brain distorting how you are thinking.

I'm glad to see you doing this. I know you've been taking a beating lately... and one of the things I've learned for me to help pull me out of a low is to do something nice or good for someone else.
You're awesome! smile

Dec 11 08 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:

I'm glad to see you doing this. I know you've been taking a beating lately... and one of the things I've learned for me to help pull me out of a low is to do something nice or good for someone else.
You're awesome! smile

Yes. Agreed. You all are awesome. Because you all care enough to show up here and contribute, to keep the thread going. It's important to me, anyway.

Dec 11 08 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Yes. Agreed. You all are awesome. Because you all care enough to show up here and contribute, to keep the thread going. It's important to me, anyway.

smile

Dec 12 08 04:48 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Another day, another battle. Hope everyone is well.

Dec 12 08 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Bump this off of page 3

Dec 12 08 10:02 pm Link

Model

Golden Jackal

Roanoke, Virginia, US

Is it bad of me to think suicidal thoughts often?

Not seriously contemplating it, more of a "What if" thing, and then I quickly dismiss it... tried that once, never again.

But very often, if I start daydreaming, I wonder what would happen if this disaster or that disaster hit. Like when we found out someone had brought a knife into our store and I found it, I imagined what would have happened if there was another person holding it instead of it sitting on the shelf.

Or I imagine what it's like to drown, or have someone break into my house and murder me.

....I think I need more chocolate...

Dec 12 08 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

David Friend Photograpy

Phoenix, Arizona, US

What a great thread, hope every one is good

Dec 12 08 11:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Courtney Starr

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

David Friend Photograpy wrote:
What a great thread, hope every one is good

Me too! I'm worried!  I've always been a happy-go-lucky person...I wasn't aware these feelings were so widespread.
If anyone wants to pm me, I'm no expert, but I love to talk, and maybe meeting someone new would be a nice distraction...

I will pray for everybody.

Dec 13 08 04:09 am Link