Forums > Contests > Picture of the Day Discussion Center.

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

FredsFotos wrote:
Hey JoJo can delete my entry today, meant to upload that to the 18+..  MY bad.

it's gone wink

Jun 17 11 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Geoffspix

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

After trying to submit the same image (of my own) on 3 occasions this week, each time seeing it uploaded on the voting page yet the following day (on viewing the results to see how it got on)...it hasn't been there, anytime?

Apologies if I've missed something throughout this thread but I notice even when a POTD image receives zero votes, it's still there on the results page?

Can't understand what's happening, can anyone enlighten me please, or is it simply by being a free member we are no longer allowed to submit?

Thanks,

Geoff smile

Jun 18 11 04:08 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Geoffspix wrote:
Hi everyone,

After trying to submit the same image (of my own) on 3 occasions this week, each time seeing it uploaded on the voting page yet the following day (on viewing the results to see how it got on)...it hasn't been there, anytime?

Apologies if I've missed something throughout this thread but I notice even when a POTD image receives zero votes, it's still there on the results page?

Can't understand what's happening, can anyone enlighten me please, or is it simply by being a free member we are no longer allowed to submit?

Thanks,

Geoff smile

Took a bit of hunting - you entered the images in the PotD18+ wink
18+ https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd_18p … 05-big.jpg 18+
Two disqualifications - same image - this image is defined as a series or composite image. This type of image is not permitted in either the PotD or the PotD18+

Jun 18 11 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Geoffspix

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

Took a bit of hunting - you entered the images in the PotD18+ wink
18+ https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd_18p … 05-big.jpg 18+
Two disqualifications - same image - this image is defined as a series or composite image. This type of image is not permitted in either the PotD or the PotD18+

Ah, I understand the reason now, not a problem thanks for the explanation smile

Geoff

Jun 19 11 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Bellinger

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

If someone could help...please
Apologies for inadvertently posting 18+  image in POTD... could you please remove for me ....thank you
Wally b

Jun 21 11 12:14 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Bellinger wrote:
If someone could help...please
Apologies for inadvertently posting 18+  image in POTD... could you please remove for me ....thank you
Wally b

It's gone wink

Jun 21 11 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Tim Ryan Photography

Meridian, Mississippi, US

I've had the same issue..  I've posted images to the POTD (not the 18+), saw them uploaded and then later/the following day "poof", gone.  The photos met all the guidelines that I could tell (no nudity), nothing wild or crazy, and could probably pass Disney sensors compaired to some of these other submissions I see.  I do know that my photography is not as good as some of these other trully amazing photographers, but I do feel that I hold my own and may be even better than "some" of the others.  However, in the POTD I saw what appears to be just some family snaps thrown in the contest that are still there and I think are really good artful submissions from me deleted.  Clarification please.

Jun 21 11 02:26 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Tim Ryan Photography wrote:
I've had the same issue..  I've posted images to the POTD (not the 18+), saw them uploaded and then later/the following day "poof", gone.  The photos met all the guidelines that I could tell (no nudity), nothing wild or crazy, and could probably pass Disney sensors compaired to some of these other submissions I see.  I do know that my photography is not as good as some of these other trully amazing photographers, but I do feel that I hold my own and may be even better than "some" of the others.  However, in the POTD I saw what appears to be just some family snaps thrown in the contest that are still there and I think are really good artful submissions from me deleted.  Clarification please.

Three disqualifications on record – all for violations of the “15 day” rule.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd/ent … 93-big.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd/ent … 13-big.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd/ent … 67-big.jpg

You have to wait 15 days before you can submit an image again.

Jun 21 11 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Ryan Photography

Meridian, Mississippi, US

I apologize, I thought they were different images.  Thankyou for your prompt response.

Tim

Jun 21 11 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Hooker Images

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I cant see how many votes my photo has in the contest today...is that on purpose? Did you guys change something?

Thanks

Jun 30 11 10:01 am Link

Admin

CleeIB

Los Angeles, California, US

Jay Hooker Images wrote:
I cant see how many votes my photo has in the contest today...is that on purpose? Did you guys change something?

Yes, we removed vote counts from the current standings page to discourage vote stacking. Whether or not that actually works remains to be seen.  Currently vote counts are still visible, however, on the leader board on the main contests page after one has voted.  I believe we are in the process of removing this also for the same reason.

Jun 30 11 11:02 am Link

Model

Miss Leilani Jade

Decatur, Alabama, US

I am not seeing the image I entered in the gallery edition of pic of the day.  Am I missing it there is one photo with an X but not sure if it is mine

Jul 09 11 01:13 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Lil Miss Jade wrote:
I am not seeing the image I entered in the gallery edition of pic of the day.  Am I missing it there is one photo with an X but not sure if it is mine

Your entry was disqualified under rule 4:
"4. Entries must be in the form of single images. Multiple images, even those combined to form a thematic series, are prohibited."

Jul 09 11 02:23 pm Link

Model

Miss Leilani Jade

Decatur, Alabama, US

JoJo wrote:

"4. Entries must be in the form of single images. Multiple images, even those combined to form a thematic series, are prohibited."

Oh wow Im sorry it has been in it several times in past year and just had no idea was against rules

Jul 09 11 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

JoJo wrote:

Lil Miss Jade wrote:
Oh wow Im sorry it has been in it several times in past year and just had no idea was against rules

Multiple images are allowed in the Original Edition, but not in either of the two gallery-style Picture of the Day contests. 

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/trwillm/POtD/kitten.gif

Jul 09 11 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Alan H Bruce

San Diego, California, US

Post hidden on Jul 25, 2011 06:30 pm
Reason: 18+ Images

Jul 25 11 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

yes BH, it's an 18+ image (due to pubic area)

Jul 25 11 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Alan H Bruce

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
yes BH, it's an 18+ image (due to pubic area)

wow... okay... oblique and obscured, but thanks for the clarification.  back to the drawing board...

Jul 25 11 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

BH fotografik wrote:

wow... okay... oblique and obscured, but thanks for the clarification.  back to the drawing board...

oblique and obscured perhaps, but it's still pubic area. And the image you entered today is the same deal...too much pubic area.
Images that show pubic area should be submitted to the 18+ contest.

Thanks

Jul 25 11 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Alan H Bruce

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:

oblique and obscured perhaps, but it's still pubic area. And the image you entered today is the same deal...too much pubic area.
Images that show pubic area should be submitted to the 18+ contest.

Thanks

Yup.  Go ahead and remove it then, if it hasn't been already.

Jul 25 11 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Sendu

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

The 15 day rule is being broken repeatedly, including by at least one recent winner. Is anyone still moderating the contest? What happened to JoJo?

Jul 26 11 03:30 am Link

Photographer

Pure Visions Photograph

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Sendu wrote:
The 15 day rule is being broken repeatedly, including by at least one recent winner. Is anyone still moderating the contest? What happened to JoJo?

Was going to say the same thing, but not about the moderating.

These two were put in yesterday's competition and are again put in for today.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … iew/396820

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … iew/396932

Jul 28 11 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

Sendu wrote:

I have CAM'd multiple times on the POTD and the response has been either 2-3 days delayed or non at all.  Somehow moderators are in short supply here.  But ironically you never see any ad, link, button, forum calling for new moderator volunteers.

Not that I would want that job mind you!  No thanks!  But you would think there would be an easy way to apply to become a moderator on the site. 

The POTD has run amuck without JoJo.  And it appears/seems none of the other moderators want that job.  Or want to do it right.  Or possibly care.

Aug 02 11 01:13 am Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

David Simonson wrote:

I have CAM'd multiple times on the POTD and the response has been either 2-3 days delayed or non at all.  Somehow moderators are in short supply here.  But ironically you never see any ad, link, button, forum calling for new moderator volunteers.

Not that I would want that job mind you!  No thanks!  But you would think there would be an easy way to apply to become a moderator on the site. 

The POTD has run amuck without JoJo.  And it appears/seems none of the other moderators want that job.  Or want to do it right.  Or possibly care.

Just to update this comment I made...

Apparently JoJo is out sick which I am sorry to hear.  (Get well soon JoJo.)

But three different mods took the time to finally reply to my three different (2 day old) CAM's with this...

"The usual moderator who covers contests is currently away sick and we're trying to cover as best we can."

But ironically, all of them did absolutely nothing about the violations or reports I made in those CAM's and used the exact same reply.

WOW!  So, apparently it is pointless to try and help out by alerting when there is something we see in the POTD.  And it is a bit bewildering to try and think of why so many other moderators can not fill-in effectively for one moderator.  And why there is only one moderator who clearly (and effectively) runs two contests?  And why there is no contingency strategy in the event that moderator is sick, away, quits or takes a vacation?

Like I said.... Get well soon JoJo.  You are clearly missed and clearly irreplaceable.

Aug 02 11 09:19 am Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

Wow... so the contest seems to be a free-for-all of rule abuse while JoJo is away.  Sad to see that members appear to be this narcissistic (or childish) by submitting the same exact images within 1-4 days.  One would think that everyone could simply obey the rules since we are "supposed to be" adults and... oh yah... "professionals".

Apparently "while the cat is away the little narcissistic mice will play".

Get well JoJo.  Your mice are waiting for you.

Aug 03 11 10:04 am Link

Photographer

Rapier993 Photography

Walled Lake, Michigan, US

This was in yesterdays POTD contest and is appearing in todays as well:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … iew/399496

Also, shouldn't this be 18+  Just curious.

Aug 05 11 08:48 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Adeje (Las Americas), Tenerife, Canary Islands

David Simonson wrote:
Wow... so the contest seems to be a free-for-all of rule abuse while JoJo is away.  Sad to see that members appear to be this narcissistic (or childish) by submitting the same exact images within 1-4 days.  One would think that everyone could simply obey the rules since we are "supposed to be" adults and... oh yah... "professionals".

Apparently "while the cat is away the little narcissistic mice will play".

Get well JoJo.  Your mice are waiting for you.

+1

Aug 05 11 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

Russ Turner Photography wrote:
This was in yesterdays POTD contest and is appearing in todays as well:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … iew/399496

Also, shouldn't this be 18+  Just curious.

Wow... feel lucky that the moderators actually responded to your report.

Aug 05 11 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

There are SO MANY under 15 day submissions to the contest lately.  Like this one...

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … iew/399202

Submitted on August 04, 2011 here...
https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … ups/110803

Submitted on July 31, 2011 here...
https://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/po … ups/110730

(5th row down)

Why can't members TRY to obey rules?  Is it that hard to count up to 15?  How hard is it to be professional about your submissions?  While JoJo is out sick, away, quit, or whatever...

Try to show a little support and maybe... just maybe... members could actually attempt to obey the rules better.  I WISH!!

Aug 05 11 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

There should be a "today's wall of shame" award for members that violate the contest rules.  Then those narcissistic and greedy individuals could win something really befitting of their talents.

Aug 05 11 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

David Simonson wrote:
There should be a "today's wall of shame" award for members that violate the contest rules.  Then those narcissistic and greedy individuals could win something really befitting of their talents.

Oh yah... I forgot to mention another much-needed award...

"Vote Stacker of the Day" award too!

Now wouldn't it be interesting to see who wins that one?!

Aug 05 11 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Morning,

This both my first entry into POTD, and my first post to your forum.  I took the time to read previous posts, and found one of my answers, I was wondering if I could see how the pic was doing in votes so far, guess I can't,  but can I see like after the voting how it did at least?

Aug 11 11 07:36 am Link

Photographer

David Simonson

Wailuku, Hawaii, US

Since it is clearly too difficult/challenging (or whatever) for the current contest moderators to recall 15 days worth of image submissions, and too hopeful that "all" members would desire to follow the current rules, then the 15 day submission limit should simply be reduced to 4 or 5 days.  Maybe it could be more actively and effectively enforced then?

Clearly there are so many violations of this "15 day rule" it's absurd.  Obviously, counting to 15 surpasses some member's abilities and not many moderators have the time to dedicate their limited and "volunteered" service to improving their photographic memory skills.  It has always been a daunting task to ask of anyone.  Even though JoJo was pretty damn amazing at it.

So why have rules that are simply designed to fail?  We have enough of those already in our government and workplaces outside this site.  So, why have them here?  And hey... there is no programming required to make that change!  Just one line of text needs to be edited in the POTD rules section.

Additionally, it seems logical that a voter should be required to cast 3 votes when they vote and not just the current option of 1, 2 or 3.  This remains a change that could possibly lend a better chance of improved statistics... even if/when a person stacks votes in their favor.  And you know there are some that still do!

And even if a voter (that has been lured-in to stack votes on 1 image) wants to cast/waste their 2 other required votes for lesser deserving images... well who cares!  At least even those submissions will get some votes too!

Aug 13 11 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

AG_Boston

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Odd. My picture vanished from the POTD 18+ vote page.

Aug 16 11 05:17 am Link

Photographer

Lone Leaf Photography

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Is this thread still active?  Wondering if/where/how I point out pics being resubmitted within a few days instead of 15.  Do I post here?  Or is that considered "outing"?

(Oh and reading some posts here from earlier this year, sorry to head about that JoJo person being ill, hope they're doing okay now.)

Thanks,
KDJ

Dec 05 11 05:49 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Lone Leaf Photography wrote:
Is this thread still active?  Wondering if/where/how I point out pics being resubmitted within a few days instead of 15.  Do I post here?  Or is that considered "outing"?

(Oh and reading some posts here from earlier this year, sorry to head about that JoJo person being ill, hope they're doing okay now.)

Thanks,
KDJ

It is best to report 15-day offenders via CAM.

Dec 05 11 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Lone Leaf Photography

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

JoJo wrote:
It is best to report 15-day offenders via CAM.

Oh hi, welcome back! smile Okay I'll use the CAM, thanks.

Dec 06 11 07:09 am Link

Photographer

Carmine Warren

Ormond Beach, Florida, US

Jo jo

Please pull my potd today.. Thanks...

Cw

Dec 28 11 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Derek Galon

Roseau, Saint George, Dominica

Gosh, looks like Picture of the Day needs a full time janitor again - to swipe away all abusive entries. There is a plague of photos posted every day or every second day. They usually get low votes, and then show up again, and again, and again (and still get low votes.)
a guy with very long beard, a karate guy jumping and several others. takes all the voting pleasure away. i wish there is a flagging system, so such abuses can be quickly corrected.
If i didn't vote for bearded guy a week ago, why should i vote for him next days of the week? 
it also seems that we had some vote rigging lately again - as i see photos quite poor technically getting top votes. of course - miracles happen and everything can have its admirers, but a few images seemed fishy lately.

bottom line is that spamming this contest makes it less attractive to 99% of us, and its quality and popularity will suffer. I for once feel like i need a break from a bearded guy and karate kid (as well as some others, like for example a tiny girl in right bottom corner of huge black space)...
happy New Year (without spammers!)

Dec 29 11 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Carmine Warren

Ormond Beach, Florida, US

Derek Galon wrote:
Gosh, looks like Picture of the Day needs a full time janitor again - to swipe away all abusive entries. There is a plague of photos posted every day or every second day. They usually get low votes, and then show up again, and again, and again (and still get low votes.)
a guy with very long beard, a karate guy jumping and several others. takes all the voting pleasure away. i wish there is a flagging system, so such abuses can be quickly corrected.
If i didn't vote for bearded guy a week ago, why should i vote for him next days of the week? 
it also seems that we had some vote rigging lately again - as i see photos quite poor technically getting top votes. of course - miracles happen and everything can have its admirers, but a few images seemed fishy lately.

bottom line is that spamming this contest makes it less attractive to 99% of us, and its quality and popularity will suffer. I for once feel like i need a break from a bearded guy and karate kid (as well as some others, like for example a tiny girl in right bottom corner of huge black space)...
happy New Year (without spammers!)

Derek,

You are right on target her. I see so many photos being resubmitted as for the technical quality thats a tough one as each person will view it differently.

CW

Dec 29 11 04:04 pm Link