Forums > Events > Ohio state reformatory

Model

T Robert

Portland, Arkansas, US

Hey me and my girlfriend would love to partake in this event if there are still openings available.

our mm #'s
1341261  for me the dude
1316177 for my lady

if you could hit one of us back with a bit more info that would be great!

Aug 28 09 08:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

We talked with OSR yesterday and have wonderful news. 

Those of you that were at the ESP shoot are going to be a psyched as we are.  We will have o much more space to work with; the only ones in the building the day of the shoot and staff is there is we need help but keeps to themselves.  We will post a map and pictures on the website asap.  We have 3 heated areas, and lots of space to shoot, prep, and eat. 

Good thing we went o to because the food will be Fajitas due to no ovens for pizza. smile

Also they are renovating a new wing and it will be finished in November, and a gorgeous place to shoot in.

Also we found out why there can be no pictures taken in the back yard not even from inside the building.  There is a in use prison behind them and another not from that.

Aug 29 09 05:41 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Awesome! Thank you both for setting this up. I'm totally looking forward to it. I think we will have a small caravan coming from WDC.  Please let me know when you're taking reservations.

Thanks!

Aug 29 09 05:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Robb Mann wrote:
Awesome! Thank you both for setting this up. I'm totally looking forward to it. I think we will have a small caravan coming from WDC.  Please let me know when you're taking reservations.

Thanks!

We are taking reservation right now. http://www.kious.com/osr/info.html

Send in entry fee as soon as you can so you don't miss out, space will fill up faster then you think.

Aug 29 09 05:47 am Link

Photographer

Anna Inez

Columbus, Ohio, US

karenjerzykphotography wrote:

Haha, I'll let him know. He's totally down for anything.

Maybe you can re-create the rape scene of Shawshank Redemption in the Laundry room??

I KID, I KID.

LMAO

Aug 29 09 07:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

please read through the website most or all questions can answered there.

www.kious.com/osr

send in entry fee asap to be placed on the attendee list.

Aug 29 09 07:44 am Link

Model

Nori Zay

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I'd like to say I can go? Tentative for now.

Aug 29 09 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Nori Zay wrote:

Um.

I HOPE!!!!

Aug 29 09 11:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Nori Zay wrote:

Hope you can make it.  We only have one list this time; once we receive the entry fee you will be placed on it.

Aug 30 09 06:41 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

While I am working on costumes I will have William update the website.  When updates are made will will most it here, so you can come and check them out.

Aug 30 09 06:44 am Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Does anyone know of any cheap hotels in the area (I suppose I can look, but it'd be awesome if someone knew off the top of their heads) or have a place for a few of us to stay? That'd be excellent, as we're coming from the NH/MA area.

Aug 30 09 12:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

http://www.kious.com/osr

new update info and photos.  A map that is printable and shows you all the places we can go; and this time free rain means anywhere that is not locked.

Aug 30 09 03:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Does anyone know of any cheap hotels in the area (I suppose I can look, but it'd be awesome if someone knew off the top of their heads) or have a place for a few of us to stay? That'd be excellent, as we're coming from the NH/MA area.

There is a link on OSR website that lists hotels, not familiar with prices.

Aug 30 09 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Dark Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

Be careful where you stay in Mansfield.  I would suggest not picking a hotel just based on price.  neutral  I'm from that area.

Aug 30 09 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Fan the Flame

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'm up at Mid Ohio on a regular basis.  I've stayed at a couple hotels right off 71 at 97, one exit south of Mansfield.  They have cheaper ones at the same exit, I hear they aren't bad. 

Comfort Inn
855 Comfort Plaza Dr.
Bellville, OH 44813

Quality Inn
1000 Comfort Plaza Drive
Bellville, OH 44813

Aug 30 09 03:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

I watched Shawshank Redemption last night, it gives a great view and feel for the reformatory.  Even though they filmed parts of the movie in other locations 3/4 of the movie is the prison.  Even though the cell blocks shown in the movie where build and filmed in a local warehouse it does look like that at OSR.

Also this place is haunted but we were told this has been a very quite year.  But during other years you are scared to walk into the place.  Maybe next year there will be a lot of activity.  I will have to pack my ghost detector meter.  lol

Aug 31 09 05:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

ps  Rita Hayworth is a big part of the movie and I am looking for someone to play the part for the shoot.

this model would be perfect if we can get her to come.  i can make a few Rita hayworth dresses for her if there are several people who would be interested in shooting this idea with her.

I messaged her about it.....683414

Aug 31 09 05:22 am Link

Model

Holley Hayworth

Columbus, Ohio, US

Linda Kious wrote:
ps  Rita Hayworth is a big part of the movie and I am looking for someone to play the part for the shoot.

this model would be perfect if we can get her to come.  i can make a few Rita hayworth dresses for her if there are several people who would be interested in shooting this idea with her.

I messaged her about it.....683414

Oh I love love love it!

Aug 31 09 08:29 am Link

Hair Stylist

April Dawn Hairstylist

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

This location is absolutely amazing and I would love to be a part of it!

Sep 01 09 02:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

April Dawn Hairstylist wrote:
This location is absolutely amazing and I would love to be a part of it!

All information can be found on www.kious.com/osr
and when entry fee is recieved your name will be placed on the attendee list.

Sep 01 09 06:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

If you know you are planning on coming to the group shoot, you can start sending in the money.  A few people already have sent in their entry fee.  The first $200 will be for reserving the date and placing it on the calendar.  William and I are working on finalizing all plans by the end of September; menu, time to set up and starting shoot hours.  So that way people can start booking as soon as they feel comfortable doing so.

Sep 02 09 10:47 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Ohio Bat Girl wrote:

I'm up at Mid Ohio on a regular basis.  I've stayed at a couple hotels right off 71 at 97, one exit south of Mansfield.  They have cheaper ones at the same exit, I hear they aren't bad. 

Comfort Inn
855 Comfort Plaza Dr.
Bellville, OH 44813

Quality Inn
1000 Comfort Plaza Drive
Bellville, OH 44813

Thanks for the info...

Sep 02 09 10:48 am Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Ohio Bat Girl-
That info definitely helps, thanks so much!

I'll be looking to shoot about 8 people that day...I know it's MONTHS away, but I'd love to shoot some ideas back and forth with some of you to have some solid material (ideas/wardrobe/poses/etc) before the actual shoot day, so I'm inviting anyone who's interested in collaborating to contact me.

It shall be good times.

Sep 02 09 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

We're getting the ball rolling early with this one so that people have time to put together costumes, etc.  It's shaping up to be a wonderful group shoot!

Sep 02 09 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Erin Florence Studios

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Hey everyone! I was sent the info for this event by a friend of mine, asking if I'd be interested.  I read through all of the posts here and it sounds like a lot of fun with several great people.  However, I was a bit confused about the price.  Is the price for the shoot an even $35 or will I need to put in a photographer's shooting fee of $150 in addition to the entry fee?

Thanks everyone!  I'd love to meet all of you.

Sep 02 09 08:31 pm Link

Model

Lucky Day In Hell

Toledo, Ohio, US

will there be a list of attendees up soon?  i'm very interested now

Sep 02 09 11:53 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Gypsy Love Fashions

Chicago, Illinois, US

so this group shoot? can i bring my own team. im a designer and i have lots of ideas for this.  im willing to share, but for 150 people i need to keep track of my garments.

Sep 03 09 08:01 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Gas Oven wrote:
Hey everyone! I was sent the info for this event by a friend of mine, asking if I'd be interested.  I read through all of the posts here and it sounds like a lot of fun with several great people.  However, I was a bit confused about the price.  Is the price for the shoot an even $35 or will I need to put in a photographer's shooting fee of $150 in addition to the entry fee?

Thanks everyone!  I'd love to meet all of you.

read through the website all correct info and question can be answered there www.kious.com/osr

entry fee is $35 per person

Sep 03 09 09:01 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

LuckyDayInHell wrote:
will there be a list of attendees up soon?  i'm very interested now

Again all info including attendee list can be found at www.kious.com/osr

Those that have been placed on the list are those that have sent in payment.  As soon as payment is received you will be placed on the list.

I am not sure is William is going to post a tentative list or not, things got confusing last time with people looking at the wrong list.

Sep 03 09 09:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Gypsy Love Fashions wrote:
so this group shoot? can i bring my own team. im a designer and i have lots of ideas for this.  im willing to share, but for 150 people i need to keep track of my garments.

Anyone is welcome but each person must pay the $35 entry fee; which covers event fee, food and drink for the day.

Sep 03 09 09:07 am Link

Model

Nori Zay

Is anyone coming out from the MD/DC/VA area that would like to carpool?
I think that's the only way I can get out there unless I get paying work in the area to offset the price of transport.

Sep 03 09 09:08 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Nori Zay wrote:
I think that's the only way I can get out there unless I get paying work in the area to offset the price of transport.

I believe there are a few from your area that are coming and some where at the ESP shoot.

Sep 03 09 09:09 am Link

Model

Nori Zay

Linda Kious wrote:
I believe there are a few from your area that are coming and some where at the ESP shoot.

They're not on the attendance list so I can't be sure.

Sep 03 09 09:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Nori Zay wrote:

They're not on the attendance list so I can't be sure.

I am sure more people will be sending in payment soon. I know it is several months away but space will fill up fast. Also I think many would like to have plenty of time to work out incrediable shoot ideas.

Sep 03 09 09:19 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Okay, okay... I've changed my mind about doing a "tentative" list.  I was trying to avoid it due to the confusion it causes, but I think we need one to demonstrate just how much interest there is in the event.  So... with that in mind... please post to this thread or email me if you want to be listed as tentative.

Perhaps we can get the ball rolling and make the required deposit before the end of September!

Sep 03 09 10:44 am Link

Model

Laragh

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Nori Zay wrote:

As of right now I want to come, it is a bit far in advance so I would have to make sure closer to the date.
But yeah, we can carpool if you like. Where are you located?

Sep 03 09 10:47 am Link

Model

mischumi

Columbus, Ohio, US

i am in!!! as of right now smile whoot!!

Sep 03 09 06:58 pm Link

Model

Nori Zay

Lamia_ wrote:
As of right now I want to come, it is a bit far in advance so I would have to make sure closer to the date.
But yeah, we can carpool if you like. Where are you located?

O_O WHEEEEE! Totally! Totally! I'm in Washington, DC, but I can metro closer to you.

Sep 03 09 07:33 pm Link

Model

Nori Zay

William Kious wrote:
Okay, okay... I've changed my mind about doing a "tentative" list.  I was trying to avoid it due to the confusion it causes, but I think we need one to demonstrate just how much interest there is in the event.  So... with that in mind... please post to this thread or email me if you want to be listed as tentative.

Perhaps we can get the ball rolling and make the required deposit before the end of September!

Tentative.

Sep 03 09 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

Sep 03 09 08:47 pm Link