Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > OTHER INTEREST......

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

So what other interest do you all have outside of being photographers/models? Something that is far removed or otherwise not the norm of what you do. Me I am a singer-songwriter; acoustic & electric guitar, upright & electric bass, keyboards, drums. Also painter; oils, water colour and I am also a writer.

Apr 29 05 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

My studio also serves as a school where i teach martial-arts. since 1976 my students have placed 1st in the world championships and every year straight since the 90s..

In 2003 i recieved the Teacher Trubute diploma from Stanford University for exceptional teaching,and contributing greatly to the future of my students,Stanford University,and my community

Apr 29 05 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

24/7, who has time for anything else?  LOL

Apr 29 05 09:12 pm Link

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

I am a published poet, I love to write other creative stuff too! I am a full-time mommy and wife and care for my grandmother. I love photo shoots, they are the funnest part of modeling for me......

Apr 29 05 09:25 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I'm a computer programmer, working on Tomb Raider: Legend.  We demo for the very first time at E3 in LA next month.  I can't wait to go! smile

Besides modelling & work, I go to school (still trying to finish that Computer Science degree), and sing/dance for various burlesque & cabaret troupes.

When I move back to Seattle this winter, I think I may go to school fulltime and put everything else on hold for a little while.

Apr 29 05 11:07 pm Link

Model

Tanya O

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a livejournal nerd.

Oh ,and I love wig styling for cosplay, haha!

-Xi the Dork

Apr 29 05 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Collect everything - comic books, trading cards, movie meorabillia. I have Creepy Magazine #1 & Eerie Magazine #4 framed and hanging in my shop. Oh and also own a piercing and tattoo shop. Try not to run it. Try to let my partner be the boss. Doesn't always work out that way.

Apr 30 05 12:51 am Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

I'm like you, Alex. Most of my spare time is spent here in my music studio recording what I write. I sing, play guitar, bass, some piano, and write a mean midi drum line for my DM Pro. I've done a lot of nude pencil drawings, as well, which is what lead me into the fine-art side of photography.

Apr 30 05 09:31 am Link

Model

Amanda Nicole

Elyria, Ohio, US

As for me, I have a family that demands 24/7 time. But I do have spare time every now and then too... I ride, train and show horses. I have even been involved with rescuing horses and placing them in better homes.  I play piano and guitar..and sing too smile I dabble in writing poetry when the mood strikes me. I also raise, breed, and sell fish,lol.

May 01 05 08:13 pm Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am a bartender in South Beach, Miami Florida.
I graduated from ABC Liquor Bartending school last year.
& I make a pretty penny, & its great for networking with financeers & marketing execs.
I also get to practice my presenation skills, bottle flipping, bottle spinning, making one-of-a-kind custom drinks.

I also am a fashion designer, & I love to travel.

May 01 05 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Brian Kim: 
Collect everything - comic books, trading cards, movie meorabillia. I have Creepy Magazine #1 & Eerie Magazine #4 framed and hanging in my shop. Oh and also own a piercing and tattoo shop. Try not to run it. Try to let my partner be the boss. Doesn't always work out that way.

I got wolverine#1

May 01 05 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

I'm in radio. I think I might have mentioned it on the  shouts before. I have actually been a professional broadcaster, longer than I have been in photography.

I have a home recording studio and I do freelenace voice work. I have done voice-overs for several local TV stations in my career.

Thanks,

Scott

May 01 05 09:05 pm Link

Model

Southern Gent

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm a professional wrestler. *Yeah the kind of stuff on TV..lol

Love it and can still hang with the young bucks!

I also enjoy voiceover work.

Mac

May 01 05 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Mac Davis:

Love it and can still hang with the young bucks!

Mac

Why Why Why "Your just a little baby"

May 01 05 09:35 pm Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

I actually been playing violin for 18 years, and now trying to learn guitar. Other than that, I like going on bike rides, cook without setting kitchen on fire...hopefully, and have a very strong interest in family law. Wow...reading this back i sound almost wierd ;P

May 01 05 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

I like to pick my butt.

May 02 05 03:27 am Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Nightclub DJ (although I'm concentrating on my day job now).

May 02 05 07:30 am Link

Model

kumi

San Francisco, California, US

x sports (bikes. mx, fmx)
GP racing and bikes (love them italians)
bikes (used to wrench for local afm/ama guy i dated. formula bike. rs125. nothing like the smell of 2stroke oil in the morning!)
internet addiction
jack daniels
pool (never slop)
travel!
latex
asian movies (dvds n stuff)
history/military history/warfare/20th century genocide/espionage and a touch of politics

May 02 05 08:32 am Link

Photographer

S19

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

I am a real music addict. From EBM to Industrial to Electro. I love to play and freak with synths! *tweak*

May 02 05 08:39 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I studied art in school and have been painting for years.  Recently my interests have merged and I am doing acrylic on pinup versions of pinups. 

May 02 05 08:40 am Link

Model

Cyndiemyst

Newark, New Jersey, US

I own a big ol mush of a horse that when I have time,I ride...He is my 1500lb puppy
I study martial arts,and have been known to pick up a camera here and there;)

May 02 05 08:48 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Alex Alexander: 
So what other interest do you all have outside of being photographers/models?

Mostly just being a pain in the ass. I'm very fond of film history. And I adopted a pair of cats last year who have bascially overtaken my life.

May 02 05 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

Devoted mother who is completely in love with her son!  I also enjoy flea markets, car shows, movies, book stores and occasionally see a good slapping bass rock-a-billy band. 

May 02 05 10:13 am Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Kettle One and young boys!

May 02 05 11:11 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Naomi Jay: 

Wow. You and my brother would get along great.  He also likes Kettle One and young boys. I prefer Finlandia and old boys.

May 02 05 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I run the Internet.

Really.

May 02 05 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Music - http://www.myvws.net/kennyperez

I.T. - http://www.myvws.net/jkperezsr

My top priority is my seven kids.

May 02 05 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Everything I do is visual.
I do illustration.  I paint, draw.  Do a lot of mixed media stuff screen-printing photos on top of mixed media... paint and collage.  I like to paint on big chunks of wood or metal.  I do some design (check www.PolicyMusic.com in a month or so... it'll kick ass).  I do a lot of pen & ink on primed wood and steel as well. 
And when I'm not in the photo/paint/etc. mood, I hang at my buddy Sean's shop (www.GrimMetalWorx.com), drink their beer and tell them how they should build their bikes.  It's great fun.  And I ride my motorcycle a lot... 20,000-25,000 miles every year.  Because it's fun.

May 02 05 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Leyba

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I play soccer & volunteer with the Minnesota Rollergirls (go rollerderby!!).

May 02 05 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm a music lover or course!! My fav tunes are from the 80's but I pretty much love all types of music. I occassionally write poetry and short stories when truly inspired! Oh and I love to people watch!! We're such amazing creatures! wink

Rich

May 02 05 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted By Naomi Jay:

Perfect! I'm younger than you. Women your age make the best lovers anyway. Let's go out this Friday.

Posted By theda:
I prefer Finlandia and old boys.

Perfect! I'm older than you. Women your age make the best lovers anyway. Let's go out next Friday.

Posted By Alex Alexander:
So what other interest do you all have outside of being photographers/models? Something that is far removed or otherwise not the norm of what you do.

Well, let's see...

I wrote and published a vampire novel. I wrote a short story in an anthology called Tales From The Dark Tower which was published by Monolith Graphics. I wrote, directed, edited, produced and authored a short-film on DVD (it played a few film festivals and got nominated for an award). I invented toys and action figure characters at American Greetings. I used to do BMX freestyle, skateboard, snowboard, and horesback-ride (I prefered English tack over Western). I was a USHGA licensed hang glider pilot for about 3 years (my best flight was to 6000ft. AGL and lasted about 90 minutes). About 18 months ago, I learned to ride motorcycles and bought a Kawasaki Ninja. I have made my living as a graphic designer and programmer for a long time, using Photoshop (daily, for about 9 years now), HTML, CSS, VBScript, and JavaScript. I worked at a DVD gaming company and helped design a movie-trivia game distributed by Hasbro. I love music and I used to shoot and direct music videos for local bands and I produced, hosted and edited a music video show on public-access television (yeah, like Wayne's World). I studied Tae Kwon Do for about 5 minutes (I should have stuck with it). Masturbating is fun. I absolutely love nightclubbing and dancing (mostly to 80s pop or 80s alternative/goth/industrial stuff). I was once very active in the Society for Creative Anachronism (sort of one of those Medieval Recreation groups) and went to 2 Pennsic Wars and was spending a lot of time learning heraldry and medieval swordfighting and medieval dance. When I'm not on my motorcycle, I ride my mountainbike a hell of a lot.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, puppies, and children. And yes, ladies, I am single.

(chuckle)

Honestly, no jokes or sarcasm - I sincerely see myself as a fairly boring person who needs to do a LOT more to start truly "living" my life.

... Ironic, huh?

This links to my novel. Buy one.

This links to my movie on DVD. Buy one.

May 02 05 07:44 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by EricMuss-Barnes: 

Posted By Naomi Jay:

Perfect! I'm younger than you. Women your age make the best lovers anyway. Let's go out this Friday.

Posted By theda:

Perfect! I'm older than you. Women your age make the best lovers anyway. Let's go out next Friday.

Clearly, the only soultions is for naomi and I to fight over you. In a tub of jello.

May 03 05 12:51 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by theda: 
Clearly, the only soultions is for naomi and I to fight over you. In a tub of jello.

Yeeeeahh.

I like the way you think, ma'am.

May 03 05 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by Alex Alexander: 
So what other interest do you all have outside of being photographers/models? Something that is far removed or otherwise not the norm of what you do. Me I am a singer-songwriter; acoustic & electric guitar, upright & electric bass, keyboards, drums. Also painter; oils, water colour and I am also a writer.

So, interesting little hobbies.  Well, ten years ago and dozens of pounds ago I used to teach step aerobics and cardio funk at several so cal fitness centers and health clubs.  (ahh- and this was when it was cool like that girl on Melrose Place)

Now, I eat junkfood and play online (counting my office time- I sit on my bootay about 14 hours a day and sleep the other 10).  I still do sports, though- Microsoft Links Golf and EA Sports NCAA Football.

May 03 05 12:57 am Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted By Naomi Jay:

Posted By theda:

Isn't jello made out of pig? How about pudding?

May 03 05 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Naomi Jay: 

Posted by theda: 

Posted By Naomi Jay:

Posted By theda:

Ladies, ladies. Honestly, now. This is silly. At first the idea of two models battling for my affection in a vat of Jell-o or pudding was an appealing notion. As it would be for any man.

But truly, there's no need to fight. There's plenty of me to go around. No need to bring violence into the equation.

... At least not until someone is handcuffed and someone else pulls out a whip or a paddle or a cat-o-nine-tails or something.

May 03 05 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sponge Studio

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

I practice taekwondo (got my black belt in December) and DJ at goth/industrial clubs. And spend way too much time online.

May 04 05 12:16 am Link

Photographer

Sponge Studio

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

Posted by Scott Johnson: 

I have a home recording studio and I do freelenace voice work. I have done voice-overs for several local TV stations in my career.

I wanna do voices for cartoons!

May 04 05 12:18 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Naomi Jay: 

I think it's mostly beef biproducts these days. God won't smite us.

May 04 05 02:13 am Link

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

Posted by Chris Ambler: 
I run the Internet.

Really.

I can levitate birds with my mind, but nobody cares....

I play with my brother's band (guitar), I like to play acoustic as well for my own songs, and of course kicking it with my son and wife.

R.

May 04 05 08:45 am Link