Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Kate Upton is fat. Oh, really?

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Palm Springs, California, US

SPRINGHEEL wrote:

Kate and I are a phenomenal couple

Indeed.

Jul 19 12 08:54 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I can't believe there are 241 posts about whether or not someone is fat.

now, 242.

Aw jesus. I just got sucked into the fail universe.

Jul 19 12 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Andialu

San Pedro, California, US

ShivaKitty wrote:

now, 242.

Welcome, to the fail universe.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ek5O2C3F5aY/TTeNUvR_SXI/AAAAAAAACBU/a_BidFZ6zWY/s1600/ricardo-montalban-herve-villechaize-fantasy-island.jpg

Jul 19 12 09:29 am Link

Retoucher

BorderlineBunny

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

The thing I think some of you are not understanding about some peoples' comments are that they aren't saying she is unattractive, they just don't see her fitting into the "model" category because her size isn't the norm for certain types of modelling. Which is fine, to each their own.

I, personally, think that she's gorgeous and have a bit of a girl crush on her. BUT, I've always been partial to a little thickness. I'm a bony bitch, but in women I think it's attractive to have some meat.

Jul 19 12 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

lot of irony in this thread

Jul 19 12 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Laurence Moan

Huntington Beach, California, US

chicchowmein wrote:
lot of irony in this thread

https://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/6/12/3/anigif_enhanced-buzz-20654-1339485361-4.gif

Jul 19 12 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Borgia

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

ShivaKitty wrote:

now, 242.

Sucked in or walked in willingly?

Jul 19 12 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Isabel Allende wrote:

I don't care what she's saying, I just want her to keep bending over in that strapless bikini.

bouncy bouncy bouncy

First your cooking.....now this. I love you forever. wink

Jul 19 12 10:44 am Link

Model

K Allende

Columbus, Ohio, US

Laurence Moan wrote:

https://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/6/12/3/anigif_enhanced-buzz-20654-1339485361-4.gif

I love me some Durant and I love me some Upton.
Double happiness!

Jul 19 12 10:57 am Link

Model

K Allende

Columbus, Ohio, US

Cherrystone wrote:

First your cooking.....now this. I love you forever. wink

big_smile

Jul 19 12 10:58 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Borgia wrote:

Sucked in or walked in willingly?

Well, I walked in willingly, but posting was definitely getting "sucked" in.

Jul 19 12 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Art Silva Photography wrote:

In this case probably not, I haven't bought an SI mag in a over decade. If it weren't for TMZ and YouTube, I wouldn't have never heard of her.

Sign of the times.

I haven't bought an SI swimsuit edition in years and I knew who she was. I watch TV, read magazines, and she was all over the internets.

Jul 19 12 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

She can send her fatness my way anytime

Jul 19 12 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Svend

Windsor, Colorado, US

Borgia wrote:

Good god I hope not. Keep them thin and tall. Let the bigger fuller ones keep to the sidelines.

LOL, Borgia, you troll!  lol

Jul 19 12 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Svend

Windsor, Colorado, US

Laurence Moan wrote:
Page 6 KU.gif

What is she saying here???
https://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/6/12/3/anigif_enhanced-buzz-7452-1339485684-5.gif

No matter how many times I watch this, it never happens sad

Jul 19 12 02:47 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
I think that's an incredibly naive thing to say.

Cheryl Tiegs
Christie Brinkley
Carol Alt
Paulina Porizkova
Elle MacPherson
Kathy Ireland
Rachel Hunter
Tyra Banks
Rebecca Romijn
Ashley Richardson
Heidi Klum

All famous with the help of being on the SI Cover.

All before YouTube even existed.

Help though, I'm not saying it wasn't important. I'm not saying she isn't a model. I'm just saying half the people who know her name wouldn't unless she was half naked all over the Internet. A lot of teenage boys ik know who she is, it's definitely not because they're following her career

Jul 19 12 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Presley ONeil wrote:
Help though, I'm not saying it wasn't important. I'm not saying she isn't a model. I'm just saying half the people who know her name wouldn't unless she was half naked all over the Internet. A lot of teenage boys ik know who she is, it's definitely not because they're following her career

Are they blind or do they have vision?

SI issues tend to lie around magazine stands, in all manner of stores. Guess what teenage boys look at at magazine stands?

And how do you suppose she got all over the internet? facepalm
This is NOT a chicken or the egg question either. lol

Jul 19 12 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Svend

Windsor, Colorado, US

Cherrystone wrote:

Are they blind or do they have vision?

SI issues tend to lie around magazine stands, in all manner of stores. Guess what teenage boys look at at magazine stands?

And how do you suppose she got all over the internet? facepalm
This is NOT a chicken or the egg question either. lol

When I was in high school, SI was a staple for me.  I never missed a swimsuit issue. Kathy Ireland was a goddess to me.  Sheets torn out and hung on the wall.  I'm sure that 15-17 year olds are doing the exact same thing with Kate and her issue.

Jul 19 12 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Svend wrote:

When I was in high school, SI was a staple for me.  I never missed a swimsuit issue. Kathy Ireland was a goddess to me.  Sheets torn out and hung on the wall.  I'm sure that 15-17 year olds are doing the exact same thing with Kate and her issue.

Cheryl Tiegs (drool) was one of the first to get my attention, maybe Bippus.

Methinks teenage boys activities haven't changed a lot over the years. wink

Jul 19 12 03:00 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

I get what you guys are saying. And She wouldn't be famous without the SI cover. But she wouldn't be half as famous without the videos. No, I'm a teenage girl who has been in many teenage boys bedrooms and their mothers would hit them if Kate upton was on their wall. We have iPhones&the Internet now(:

Not changed, just became more discreet.

Jul 19 12 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Presley ONeil wrote:
I'm just saying half the people who know her name wouldn't unless she was half naked all over the Internet.

Saying a stupid thing over and over doesn't make it less stupid, Presley.

And you did say categorically that it wasn't the SI cover that made her famous.

A lot of teenage boys ik know who she is, it's definitely not because they're following her career

Great. Your position was based on the experience of a bunch of high school morons?

How'd they find her videos in the first place, if not by knowing her name? Kate was plastered all over the TV and internet because of that cover. I doubt those boys just happened to stumble randomly upon videos of Kate dancing while they were researching their homework.

Jul 19 12 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Presley ONeil wrote:
I get what you guys are saying. And She wouldn't be famous without the SI cover. But she wouldn't be half as famous without the videos. No, I'm a teenage girl who has been in many teenage boys bedrooms and their mothers would hit them if Kate upton was on their wall.

Ummmm.....

Nvm, make the same post when you're 18, I'll leave it alone now. big_smile

Btw, the moms are just jealous and/or cannot stand the thought of any activity concerning their precious little boys thingy.

Jul 19 12 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Svend

Windsor, Colorado, US

Cherrystone wrote:

Ummmm.....

I was just thinking the same thing lol

Jul 19 12 03:05 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Presley ONeil wrote:
I'm just saying half the people who know her name wouldn't unless she was half naked all over the Internet.

Saying a stupid thing over and over doesn't make it less stupid, Presley.

And you did say categorically that it wasn't the SI cover that made her famous.

Great. Your position was based on the experience of a bunch of high school morons?

How'd they find her videos in the first place, if not by knowing her name? Kate was plastered all over the TV and internet because of that cover. I doubt those boys just happened to stumble randomly upon videos of Kate dancing while they were researching their homework.

The first one probably did see SI, or maybe she was on the homepage of YouTube. But when they find a Kate, they tend to share.

Jul 19 12 03:06 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Cherrystone wrote:

Ummmm.....

Btw, the moms are just jealous and/or cannot stand the thought of any activity concerning their precious little boys thingy.

Lmao. Because I have a boyfriend and have to hangout with his friends...

Jul 19 12 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

dave phoenix wrote:
exaaaaaaaaaactly.

she doesn't have an hourglass shape or a well-defined waist.

https://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9087/501a8c98b14a45fdac14d59.png

i just don't think "ooh look bouncing boobies!" is a very strong counterpoint. oh well.

That cover is just GODAWFUL. Like... I cannot overstate how terrible that photo is.

I think she looks really cute in the gifs and on TV when she's in motion, but I don't really care for her in photos. (Though the SI photo is also not really lit wonderfully.)

Jul 19 12 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
I think that's an incredibly naive thing to say.

Cheryl Tiegs
Christie Brinkley
Carol Alt
Paulina Porizkova
Elle MacPherson
Kathy Ireland
Rachel Hunter
Tyra Banks
Rebecca Romijn
Ashley Richardson
Heidi Klum

All famous with the help of being on the SI Cover.

All before YouTube even existed.

Presley ONeil wrote:

You're back tracking.

You said:

Presley ONeil wrote:
One SI cover doesn't get you fame. Jiggling half naked on YouTube does.

I take that to say you think SI doesn't do a thing for a model's career, but Youtube does.

The models I listed were famous long before Youtube existed, and some of them long before the internet even existed. And some of them were first noticed on the cover of SI, and others shot to fame once they were on the cover.

SI is a huge stepping stone for a model - its huge exposure. They are all over the media because of getting the cover.

Jul 19 12 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

GK photo wrote:
dude, no offense, but who are you? i just saw an attempt at lip reading. it just so (apparently) happened to be yours.

the first utterance is not "that's a". i have no idea what she's actually saying, i just know you are wrong.

jesus, dude; even the paranoid have enemies. lol

Whether you realize it or not but lately (only) you have the knack of rebutting comments on several forum threads that weren't directed to you in the first place and the way you come off is nothing short of rude... You think it's paranoia, I say it's godamn annoying!

I would appreciate it if you keep your smart a** remarks to yourself. If you want to debate, at least have the intelligence to be a lot less confrontational and give reasons for your view. Your constant dead end "You're Wrong" replies just doesn't cut it.

Jul 19 12 04:58 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Jul 19 12 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Here's a live vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t07V6iwK … re=related

big_smile

I love how she jiggles!

Jul 19 12 05:17 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
I take that to say you think SI doesn't do a thing for a model's career, but Youtube does.

The models I listed were famous long before Youtube existed, and some of them long before the internet even existed. And some of them were first noticed on the cover of SI, and others shot to fame once they were on the cover.

SI is a huge stepping stone for a model - its huge exposure. They are all over the media because of getting the cover.

No thats not what i meant at all, I meant literally just being on the cover of SI one time doesnt make you famous. Also, Kate had 3million hits on youtube before the cover.

Jul 19 12 05:20 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

big_smile

I love how she jiggles!

I think that's her best feature;)

Another blonde in the show had a much more interesting face.

... but I know, I know, this multi-page discussion is if she's fat or not.
LOL

Kate is the kind of girl you'd see eating a banana.

Jul 19 12 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Presley ONeil wrote:

No thats not what i meant at all, I meant literally just being on the cover of SI one time doesnt make you famous. Also, Kate had 3million hits on youtube before the cover.

And I am saying you are wrong.

Again, some of the models I mentioned above were made famous by being on the cover of SI.

Trust those of us who have been around 3 times longer than you on this - there was life and success before Youtube and the internet.

Jul 19 12 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Here's a live vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t07V6iwK … re=related

Well that was worthy of full screen viewing. smile

Jul 19 12 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Stay Puft

Ofu, Manu'a, American Samoa

Sometimes I think the whole world is green.

https://www.postcarbon.org/blogs/greenearth1.jpg

Jul 19 12 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

dvwrght

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Why must you always https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iw5TaUpM1OI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABg/oWjr6XtVW8o/s120-c/photo.jpg my forum comments?

So mister expert on lip reading, politics and technology, what is YOUR answer? What IS she 100% saying? and were you there to hear it?
...or are you just going with the cop out "wrong, try again" comment.

Here let me post the Gif again for your study...
https://i39.tinypic.com/10qf1qc.gif

GK photo wrote:
dude, no offense, but who are you? i just saw an attempt at lip reading. it just so (apparently) happened to be yours.

the first utterance is not "that's a". i have no idea what she's actually saying, i just know you are wrong.

jesus, dude; even the paranoid have enemies. lol

that's a wrap, maybe?

Jul 19 12 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Shon D.- Homme wrote:
That cover is just GODAWFUL. Like... I cannot overstate how terrible that photo is.

Like... yeah. Like... yeah ya can. Ya really can. Like... got it. You don't like her.

Jul 19 12 07:20 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

And I am saying you are wrong.

Again, some of the models I mentioned above were made famous by being on the cover of SI.

Trust those of us who have been around 3 times longer than you on this - there was life and success before Youtube and the internet.

thats completely true except that nowadays Youtube and the internet are completely dominant over magazines.

But okay, im not going to go on about it anymore. This thread would definitely be just as long right now without her GIFs.

Jul 19 12 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Whether you realize it or not but lately (only) you have the knack of rebutting comments on several forum threads that weren't directed to you in the first place and the way you come off is nothing short of rude... You think it's paranoia, I say it's godamn annoying!

I would appreciate it if you keep your smart a** remarks to yourself. If you want to debate, at least have the intelligence to be a lot less confrontational and give reasons for your view. Your constant dead end "You're Wrong" replies just doesn't cut it.

wow, and in a thread that pays homage to a bombshell...

dude, really, i don't know who you are. sorry you think i'm directing anything at you, but it sounds very paranoid.

i can state emphatically that i know about a dozen people on the mm fora, and you aren't one of them. do you honestly think people can only address posts directed at them personally? lol someone needs to dig their big boy pants out of the cedar chest.

i'll bet you're one of the apple fanboys. that's what this reeks of.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/kate-upton-04.gif

now i have to fuse this nonsense wif a gif.

Jul 19 12 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:

Like... yeah. Like... yeah ya can. Ya really can. Like... got it. You don't like her.

Like, good.

Jul 20 12 06:15 am Link