Forums > General Industry > Things that photographer's Hate....

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Paramour Productions wrote:
[The truth]

^

Mar 11 13 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Carter

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

WillSpringfield wrote:

Do you really want to know what's wrong with this community, because I can tell you...

Not enough Penis cake!!!

Teh cake is a lie.

Mar 11 13 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Viator Defessus Photos

Houston, Texas, US

If this were REALLY a networking site for models and photographers seeking to work in the commercial world, it would be structured much different.  But it isn't - and that's ok - but you can't be surprised when the two worlds collide.

If it were a site that was dedicated solely to the hobbyist models and photographers, many of these issues would go away as well, as everyone would just be here to have fun.

Well, I'm just here to learn and have fun. I'm starting to get offered money but I'm not going out in search of it with a camera. That's what the engineering does for me and it does it better than art of photography ever has.

Mar 11 13 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

wrote:
Not enough Penis cake!!!

wrote:
Teh cake is a lie.

I hate that

Photographer

Barry Kidd Photography

Red Lion, Pennsylvania, US

"You must have a really nice camera."

I can't think of any thing else that really gets under my skin like people who assume that my photos are "only" the result of the equipment that I use as appose to how I use it.

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

I've seen a few mentioned but I'll add.

- When girls say they don't shoot nudes, yet, they have nudes in their port, credited photos, or other photographers profiles. lol!

- When model, stylist, or whoever edits my photos after I have taken the time to do so.

- Models that contact me about how they love my work, want to shoot, here's my rates.

- Models that claim they only do "Paid Assignments" yet shoot with people that don't pay. lol.

Mar 11 13 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I hate that beautiful models are not throwing themselves at me wanting to work with me TFP.  Dammit!

Mar 11 13 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

WillSpringfield

Los Angeles, California, US

Viator-Defessus Photos wrote:

Well, I'm just here to learn and have fun. I'm starting to get offered money but I'm not going out in search of it with a camera. That's what the engineering does for me and it does it better than art of photography ever has.

i went to school for mechanical eng. and as much as i Loved it. as a photographer i get to work when i want and not do anything if i please and i make more money per work day than i would have as an engineer. with comparable yrs of experience in the field. in 08 i made 3 times what i wouldve made that yr as a mech. eng. and did it in 6 months time, not 6 months worth of work, but in 6 months time. this can be a very lucrative field if you can find your niche and take full advantage of your craft.

Mar 11 13 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

lol! Some people need a sense of humor btw.

Mar 11 13 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Viator Defessus Photos

Houston, Texas, US

WillSpringfield wrote:
This can be a very lucrative field if you can find your niche and take full advantage of your craft.

I can believe it. I just don't think I'm at that point yet and I don't think I've found my niche yet; too much left to learn.

Mar 11 13 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I really hate putting together a large octabox.  I did it again last night, and it's always like wrestling a muddy pig.  You would think there would be a better design (Like the Rifa for continuous light).

Hey, hey! Wrestling with muddy pigs can be a glorious and rewarding experience. I grew up on a farm, and used to relish the days when I was allowed to wrestle those beasts to the ground in an effort to do something mean to them. (no guessing about that, please).

https://rlv.zcache.com/muddy_pig_poster_funny-rc40b810b4c554a1faf5b30440de52216_kth_400.jpg

Mar 11 13 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I hate that not a single model has ever offered to repaint my studio.

/rant

Mar 11 13 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Richard Dubois wrote:

/rant

Open paint can + model(s) + buncha brushes.  Shoot it.  Voila!

big_smile

Mar 11 13 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

WillSpringfield

Richard Dubois wrote:

/rant

i Definitely had models paint my studio in the buff b4... in the Bronx LOL! it was a good party, i was shooting film at the time so the medium format transparencies are somewhere in storage 3000 miles away, LOL or i'd scan and post pix

Mar 11 13 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Joseph Edmonds

New York, New York, US

WillSpringfield wrote:
i hate crybaby photographers who make other photographers look like Vaginas, looking for validation of other photographers after a model pisses one off.

word.

wink

Mar 11 13 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Menai Media

Bangor, Wales, United Kingdom

Bad manners and poor communication.

Mar 11 13 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Becky-Marie

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

When you post a specific casting and people that do not fit said casting in any way  respond to it. >.

Mar 11 13 01:51 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Lumatic wrote:

Open paint can + model(s) + buncha brushes.  Shoot it.  Voila!

big_smile

Shoot the ceiling? 

:cough:

Is it that easy for you?

Mar 11 13 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

-Ira

New York, New York, US

Dust on my sensor.

Mar 11 13 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

4point0

I hate it when I'm in the middle of something and my 30 minute to shoot alarm goes off. Doesn't make my companions too happy either. It helps to look at the schedule before going about your day :-O

Mar 11 13 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

I really hate putting together a large octabox.  I did it again last night, and it's always like wrestling a muddy pig.  You would think there would be a better design (Like the Rifa for continuous light).

WORD!
I puncture a new hole in mine every time I set it up. It's got more tape on it than a model at a caution tape shoot.

Mar 11 13 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

I dislike the use of OMG,LOL,WTF...(ect)? But I don't know how to spell it!!

Mar 11 13 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

Shoot the ceiling? 

Is it that easy for you?

Sure, that's how I... roll.

Mar 11 13 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Decay of Memory

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Do you really want to know what's wrong with this community, because I can tell you...

(snip)

Photographers, generally speaking, are not the clients of models.  Sure, for certain art projects one would pay a model, especially for painters as the model would be required to sit for long periods of time - but the rates here were typically a low hourly.  Photographers with a solid history behind them, almost never paid for art models, or, if they did, it was a nominal fee as a token gesture.

Yeah, that way of doing it is where I came from and it still works for me. My photography isn't much faster than my painting and drawing so I just treat it the same. It works for enough people to keep me supplied with more models than I can work with, so it's all good.

Mar 11 13 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

I hate the sinking feeling I get when my strobes are sitting up on maxed out light stands, swaying around when the wind starts blowing.  Even with sandbags, it's nerve-wracking.

Mar 11 13 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

exartica

Bowie, Maryland, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
I hate that Mila Kunis doesn't have a full-tilt gonzo "fuck me on the kitchen floor, you stallion" crush on me. I'd settle even for a mild like. I'd settle for her knowing who I am.

John Hinckley?  When did they give you Internet privileges?

Mar 11 13 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

Becky-Marie wrote:
When you post a specific casting and people that do not fit said casting in any way  respond to it. >.

Mar 11 13 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

7imaging wrote:
I hate it when a model's entire MM port is 3yrs old, and you hire her thinking that the images are current. Only when she arrives, she looks nothing like any of the images in her book and you can't use her based on what she currently looks like. (and then she tells you her pics are three years old!)

You do realize that images in MM ports have dates, right?

Mar 11 13 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Bravo Magic Images

Temple City, California, US

I hate it when the fuse box goes out and i dont have extra fuses to continue shooting.

I hate it when the manager knocks on my door and wants to be part of the shoot.

I hate it when the model shows up on time and Im not ready to shoot because Im so damn use to them being late and I think this one is gonna be the same

I hate it when Its me that has to cancel because i partied with my buds stoped off the day before and got me all drunk and now im so wasited Im not ready to shoot with the model I make up some lame excuse just to look good.

I hate emaileing models to shoot with me just to make my self feel good and then dont answer back to the models.

I hate writing this cus now everyone will think its all true when I know this is wishful thinking of what models may want photographers to say.

Mar 11 13 03:43 pm Link

Model

Angela Christine H

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

ForeverFotos wrote:

Hey, hey! Wrestling with muddy pigs can be a glorious and rewarding experience. I grew up on a farm, and used to relish the days when I was allowed to wrestle those beasts to the ground in an effort to do something mean to them. (no guessing about that, please).

https://rlv.zcache.com/muddy_pig_poster_funny-rc40b810b4c554a1faf5b30440de52216_kth_400.jpg

Aww poor piggies. sad

Mar 11 13 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Ralph Easy

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Storms.

Unless, of course, I am chasing them, which I do, from time to time.

Mar 11 13 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArtPhoto

Washington, District of Columbia, US

When a so-called "model" with cell phone pics and poor quality snapshots in her portfolio tries to insist on being paid $100 per hour for a shoot.

Mar 11 13 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Everyones Awesome

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

When you put clearly in your casting call "Contact my by PM if you are interested with your availability" and then all you get is 20 comments on your casting saying "interested"....

Mar 11 13 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

J M

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Bravo Magic Images wrote:
I hate it when the model shows up on time and Im not ready to shoot because Im so damn use to them being late and I think this one is gonna be the same .

I haven't had a girl or guy show up later then 10 minutes early, in all my shoots, a lot of times half an hr early, the agency must be training them to be early, even had one apologised because she got lost as it was a hard address to find. Two streets in the same suburb had the same name, and she was still 10 minutes early.
I don't get model hate, they aren't our clients, and I don't even get client hate.

For me in this business it's the hours I have to sit infront of a computer, I hate it, and retouching, I think I need a better office chair.

Also loving a new shoot then hating everything a week or two later.

Not sleeping well ever before shoots.

Phone calls trying to get a quote, much prefer doing this by email. Phone calls in general with someone the first time, after the first meeting I'm fine, getting better though.

Deciding what to wear to shows and functions. I can't wear that I wore that last time and so and so was there!

Production both a love and hate aspect, having someone to help produce is a lot easier.

Most of all the computer work though wink

Mar 11 13 08:27 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

SPRINGHEEL  wrote:
Life and happiness

They hate life and happiness

Oh and proper spelling.  They hate that shit too

Ah ha ha

lol

Mar 11 13 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

kl-photographics

Lemgo, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

my wife

Mar 11 13 08:36 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

Youre being mean to vaginas

lol

Mar 11 13 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Solarex Imaging

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

BlueMoonPics wrote:

And no response.

Plus 1.... Actually, plus many...

And another thing is that the first reply would be "how much do you pay for X hours of work?" when their profile says "Depends on assignment". And when I ask them for a quote, they come back with "Oh, I usually charge XXX amount per hour", which is WAAAAAY more expensive than if I were to engage an established modelling agency to hire a famous, highly sought after, and commercially successful model for the job.

C'mon, if I had been blessed with that big fat budget to work with, would I be scouring the whole of MM for an unknown model like you to work with in the first place?

Mar 11 13 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

r T p

e
verything!

i don discriminate

Mar 11 13 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Kerri Jean wrote:
HAHHAHAHAHAHA I love that response!  I just spewed Pepsi all over my screen

Laura UnBound wrote:
I hate it when photographers waste perfectly good pepsi.

I hate Pepsi.

Mar 11 13 11:28 pm Link