This thread was locked on 2015-03-18 19:01:20
Forums > Events > Nov 2, 2014 'Cruiseboat Photoshoot' / Cabo & PV

Photographer

Toothpick Productions

San Jose, California, US

James Sioux wrote:
Gary, we're probably gonna shoot some sunset bikini, right?

Keep in mind that even last time, ALL Sunsets were "At Sea".

-T

Oct 13 14 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Toothpick Productions wrote:
Keep in mind that even last time, ALL Sunsets were "At Sea".

-T

Hey Ted... we will DEFINITELY get a 'beach sunset shooting opportunity' in PV as the ship will not be setting sail until 9pm on Nov 6th.  Best sunset shooting time will be from 6 to 7pm... AKA... 'the golden hour'.  Seeya Nov 2nd... borat

Oct 13 14 03:41 pm Link

Model

LacyChiffon

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

This looks like a blast! Currently looking for sponsorship. smile

Oct 13 14 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

James Sioux

Los Angeles, California, US

Last year, our itinerary was affected/shortened by some stupid tropical depression, so we were actually short changed as far as time is concerned.  We did not get to shoot sunset bikini as we should have.

This year, hopefully, the weather would be on our side and we'd get to go through the whole regular itinerary.  By the time Nov. 6th rolls around, sunset time is around 6PM.  We don't need to get back to the ship until around 8:30PM.  So, we have a chance to shoot some sunset stuff.

Oct 13 14 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Toothpick Productions

San Jose, California, US

James Sioux wrote:
Last year, our itinerary was affected/shortened by some stupid tropical depression, so we were actually short changed as far as time is concerned.  We did not get to shoot sunset bikini as we should have.

This year, hopefully, the weather would be on our side and we'd get to go through the whole regular itinerary.  By the time Nov. 6th rolls around, sunset time is around 6PM.  We don't need to get back to the ship until around 8:30PM.  So, we have a chance to shoot some sunset stuff.

Ahhh... that's right.  Fingers crossed.

Oct 13 14 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

Simi Valley, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Hey Ted... we will DEFINITELY get a 'beach sunset shooting opportunity' in PV as the ship will not be setting sail until 9pm on Nov 6th.  Best sunset shooting time will be from 6 to 7pm... AKA... 'the golden hour'.  Seeya Nov 2nd... borat

I chose the late dining session. Sunset is more important except for formal dining night(s).

Oct 13 14 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

Chloe Ann will be my new second model. I think that brings the count to 14.

Oct 13 14 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Bob-W wrote:
Chloe Ann will be my new second model. I think that brings the count to 14.

Yep... and Chloe is a KNOCKOUT!  Posting her 2 pics on the front page 'model lineup section' tonight... stay tuned... borat

Oct 13 14 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Bob-W wrote:

I chose the late dining session. Sunset is more important except for formal dining night(s).

Formal dining for Nov 6th is OFF CALENDAR as we will definitely be getting back to the ship late that evening.  There's still plenty of free eating places on board... the buffet... the sandwich and pizza bar... the sushi bar... and of course... 24 HOUR FREE ICE CREAM at the rear of the ship... borat   

I scream... you scream... we all scream... for ICE CREAM!... lol

Oct 13 14 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Edward Lewis USN

Madeira Beach, Florida, US

Select Models wrote:

Formal dining for Nov 6th is OFF CALENDAR as we will definitely be getting back to the ship late that evening.  There's still plenty of free eating places on board... the buffet... the sandwich and pizza bar... the sushi bar... and of course... 24 HOUR FREE ICE CREAM at the rear of the ship... borat   

I scream... you scream... we all scream... for ICE CREAM!... lol

Does that mean no need to bring Tux?

Oct 14 14 05:26 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

E WALTER LEWIS wrote:

Does that mean no need to bring Tux?

Yes... definitely NO tuxedo needed.  You can actually get by with a button up shirt and levi's at all the formal dinners... borat   That's all I've worn for several years.  I'm most assuredly NOT one of those 'dressy foofoo' kinda  guys... lol

Oct 14 14 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Toothpick Productions

San Jose, California, US

**Special REMINDER***

Daylight Savings is the morning (2am) of November 2nd (the day we leave).

Just remember to turn your clocks back an hour the night before the cruise, or else you may show up too early for boarding!!!   :-)

-Toothpick Ted

Oct 14 14 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

**Special REMINDER***

Daylight Savings is the morning (2am) of November 2nd (the day we leave).

Just remember to turn your clocks back an hour the night before the cruise, or else you may show up too early for boarding!!!   :-)

-Toothpick Ted

A big 10/4 on that news Tedmeister... and I'm thinkin that in this particular situation... it's much better to gain an hour instead of lose an hour... if ya know what I mean... wink

Oct 14 14 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Edward Lewis USN

Select Models wrote:

A big 10/4 on that news Tedmeister... and I'm thinkin that in this particular situation... it's much better to gain an hour instead of lose an hour... if ya know what I mean... wink

Especially if you have to be at the airport at 5:45AM!  smile

Oct 14 14 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

E WALTER LEWIS wrote:

Especially if you have to be at the airport at 5:45AM!  smile

Dude... that's going to be a great benefit for you... one less hour of flying time... borat

Oct 14 14 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Select Models wrote:
10/4

10-4
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten-code

Shot a light wedding yesterday and one of the guests reminded me that a good reason to get a passport for a trip that doesn't require it is if you get left behind for whatever reason, e.g. Medical, legal, forgot, detained, delayed, etc. you can fly to catch up with the ship/boat/vessel/craft! Without a passport, it takes a while to obtain required travel documents or talk your way through. [has been done but not recommended procedure].

What's on your checklist?
OK. Let me beg the question by asking--do you even have one yet? LOL

Oct 14 14 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

FFantastique wrote:
Shot a light wedding yesterday and one of the guests reminded me that a good reason to get a passport for a trip that doesn't require it is if you get left behind for whatever reason.

Just alittle heads up in this topic... we will be leaving ZERO people behind... absolutely no worries in that department... wink

Oct 14 14 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Select Models wrote:

Just alittle heads up in this topic... we will be leaving ZERO people behind... absolutely no worries in that department... wink

Searching...

Oct 15 14 01:28 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Select Models wrote:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st17564282

Oct 15 14 01:55 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/1291915
Alexandra Lyon! ;-)

This is the amazing model referenced in the story found in link above.

Independent of the media attention bestowed upon her, my own observations and interactions indicate that this is a person of both beauty, brains and good character!

For example, despite the prevailing tendency for us to shoot without explicit releases, she had her own release, which she was kind enough to share with me. It had been reviewed by legal and it was coherent, concise and clear. Wow!

When I returned to shore and free internet I logged on to find out how accomplished a model we had amongst our midst! She was so unassuming! So down to earth! The antithesis of diva! ;-)

I sense that I am not adequately conveying the power of my endorsement and it's because it's based on inputs too complex to enumerate & elaborate concisely. So trust me--Alexandra is amazing! :-)

Oct 15 14 02:11 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

FFantastique wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st17564282

Dude... WHY are you doing this?  You are NOT attending this event... and now you're making references to a cruiseshoot that happened over 2 years ago that no one on this cruiseshoot or even last years cruiseshoot gives two fiddle fucks about. 

And in that article you referenced, the intestinal virus illness listed in the article for the stricken model was BULLSHIT!  The model who got sick (Im not naming names but her first name initial starts with the letter 'I') got shitfaced DRUNK on at least two occasions and got a severe case of 'alcohol dehydration'.  That is the illness she was flown home with... NOT an intestinal virus.  Her 'illness information' was passed on to me directly from the ship's nurse. 

Since I can't control whatever agenda you have and propaganda you wish to spew out... how about doing us all a big favor and let's keep the topic of conversation here on THIS event... thankyouverymuch... wink

Oct 15 14 03:08 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Gary,

just fact checking!

Mark Twain said, "First get the facts...then you can distort them how you please!" :-)

Like Larry, still waiting for a sponsor!
(My closest airports are MCO and SFB.)

Agenda:
That we learn from history.
Took me a man-hour to do that research.
IMHO, you do the best! Nicest guy, negotiator par excellence, well connected, great tog, diplomatic arbitrator, etc. I also want to be truthful when I say that  Gary is always factually correct.

BTW
• I challenge my finance textbook for finance when they refer to US bonds as "risk free"--NOTHING is risk free.
• I wrote to encyclopedia when they redacted part of Gore's concession speech.
• After 9-11 it became apparent that we have some flaws in our continuity of government plans--and I am having conversations on those eventualities too.
So please don't feel like I'm picking only on you!

Those who don't learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat them. As a teacher with some sense of history,
I desire that y'all not let my violation of the tenth commandment harm you in any way and that you have a bon voyage on this cruise, good time...and share awesome images! ;-)

Is this too much to ask?

Apologies for the apparent upset--that is definitely NOT on the agenda.
Respectfully.

Oct 15 14 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

JT... thanks for the props.  I'm by no means perfect... but one thing for sure... I do learn from mistakes.  That 60+ model and photographer cruiseshoot in 2012 (that you attended) was a logistics nightmare, and way too big to handle by only one person.  My ass caught the flames from a few participants of that cruiseshoot, and I've made some positive changes organizationally, learning from that experience.  Last year's cruiseshoot (2013) was fantastic funtimes and alot easier to handle (only 18 models and photographers).

This years event is coming in at a headcount of less than 25.  I'm structuring a fun-fulled schedule of 4 shoots in 6 days, including the 'Friday Payday' one on one shoot day on the ship.  Tried that last year and it worked out fantastic... models made some extra cash while photographers appreciated the one on one shoot times.   There will be more than enough time for relaxation and on board funtimes.

Lets stick to comments concerning this event, primarily because I'm NOT a big fan of frightful skeletons from the past... wink

Oct 15 14 11:45 am Link

Photographer

James Sioux

Gary, should we notify Carnival of our late dining (8:15pm) status individually, or do you want to notify as a whole group?

Right now, my itinerary shows that I'm with early dining.....

Oct 15 14 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

James Sioux wrote:
Gary, should we notify Carnival of our late dining (8:15pm) status individually, or do you want to notify as a whole group?

Right now, my itinerary shows that I'm with early dining.....

Hey James... YEAH... contact Carnival for me and tell them that our group wants 'late dining'.  Let me know when you got that handled... thanks!... wink

(that is what you call 'delegating authority'... or just passing the buck)   lol

Oct 15 14 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

On Nov 2 in Puerto Vallarta the sunset is 6:25 pm, so I think soneone is wrong about missing the formal dinner at 8:15 on Wednesday. Just be quick in the shower.
With this in mind, maybe the guys should at least bring ties and jackets to be prepared.

Oct 15 14 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

James Sioux

Select Models wrote:

Hey James... YEAH... contact Carnival for me and tell them that our group wants 'late dining'.  Let me know when you got that handled... thanks!... wink

(that is what you call 'delegating authority'... or just passing the buck)   lol

I guess the buck stops here.  LOL.  Thank you Gary for entrusting this important task to a procrastinator.  lol

Oct 16 14 12:41 am Link

Photographer

Edward Lewis USN

James Sioux wrote:

I guess the buck stops here.  LOL.  Thank you Gary for entrusting this important task to a procrastinator.  lol

Sorry to chime in here...I have already done all pre-boarding and our reservation along with 4 others are linked for late dining. Hard to tell who is already set for late dining as reservation numbers and not names are linked to said reservation.

Oct 16 14 04:44 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

E WALTER LEWIS wrote:

Sorry to chime in here...I have already done all pre-boarding and our reservation along with 4 others are linked for late dining. Hard to tell who is already set for late dining as reservation numbers and not names are linked to said reservation.

Hey EW... you can chime in anytime amigo.  It's really easy to switch over EVERYONE in the group to 'late dining'.  We all go down to guest services... tell them what we want... and badda bing badda boom... done deal!... they are really accommodating... borat

Oct 16 14 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Bob-W

Nikon users: do you use Active-D lighting or disable it at beach? I know it's only for jpeg. I'm thinking beach is a high contrast location whee might help. I disable it in studio.

Oct 16 14 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Bob-W wrote:
Nikon users: do you use Active-D lighting or disable it at beach? I know it's only for jpeg. I'm thinking beach is a high contrast location whee might help. I disable it in studio.

Hey Bob... I am a huge fan of Nikon's active d-lighting.  I have been using it for over 7 years when it was first available on the Nikon D60 and D300.  I leave it turned on 24/7... even in the studio... set it all the way to HIGH and I'm really happy with the results.  Have used it on almost every image in my MM portfolio... and all I shoot are hi-res JPEGs.  It's my belief that many photographers shoot RAW to make up for their white balance and exposure mistakes... using the latitude available in a RAW to fix their fuckups... wink

Oct 16 14 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

Select Models wrote:

Hey EW... you can chime in anytime amigo.  It's really easy to switch over EVERYONE in the group to 'late dining'.  We all go down to guest services... tell them what we want... and badda bing badda boom... done deal!... they are really accommodating... borat

I need to tell them I'm part of the group! I did my res online.
Gary: I'll send you my room number.

Oct 16 14 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Bob-W wrote:

I need to tell them I'm part of the group! I did my res online.
Gary: I'll send you my room number.

Got it... stick with Lisa and only ONE model... drop the 'B' model... we are BOMBED with models already and we don't want to let the M to P ratio get too out of hand... or we'll have 'unhappy campers' on both sides of the park... if you know what I mean... wink

Oct 16 14 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Toothpick Productions

San Jose, California, US

Select Models wrote:
It's really easy to switch over EVERYONE in the group to 'late dining'.  We all go down to guest services... tell them what we want... and badda bing badda boom... done deal!... they are really accommodating... borat

I just logged in online and Easily changed our setting to Late Dining!!!  Easy and no phone calls needed.  ;-)

Oct 17 14 11:01 am Link

Photographer

James Sioux

I just logged in online and Easily changed our setting to Late Dining!!!  Easy and no phone calls needed.  ;-)

Exactly.  All attending photographers, please log in to your Carnival account and make sure to select the late dining option.  Thank you.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in about 2 weeks.

Oct 17 14 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

Select Models wrote:

Got it... stick with Lisa and only ONE model... drop the 'B' model... we are BOMBED with models already and we don't want to let the M to P ratio get too out of hand... or we'll have 'unhappy campers' on both sides of the park... if you know what I mean... wink

I'm confused.

Oct 17 14 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

James Sioux wrote:

Exactly.  All attending photographers, please log in to your Carnival account and make sure to select the late dining option.  Thank you.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in about 2 weeks.

It's not just the dining time. We also need to ask them to assign seats together. Probably two tables. Also, it could be different dining rooms if not coordinated.

Oct 17 14 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Bob-W wrote:

It's not just the dining time. We also need to ask them to assign seats together. Probably two tables. Also, it could be different dining rooms if not coordinated.

There is only ONE main dining room (the grape room) on this ship... and there is no assigned seating.  When we arrive at your dining time (815) the Maitre Dee will provide us with 2 tables that will accomedate all of this group.

Oct 17 14 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Bob-W

Select Models wrote:

There is only ONE main dining room (the grape room) on this ship... and there is no assigned seating.  When we arrive at your dining time (815) the Maitre d'hotel will provide us with 2 tables that will accommodate all of this group.

Thanks. I was worried since my booking was not done with the PersonalVacationManager on phone. I did it online in November 2013. Worst case is I'm sitting with two lovely beautiful women instead of 13. And of course the nice guys. wink

Oct 18 14 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Bob-W wrote:

Thanks. I was worried since my booking was not done with the PersonalVacationManager on phone. I did it online in November 2013. Worst case is I'm sitting with two lovely beautiful women instead of 13. And of course the nice guys. wink

Nice guys?... DUDE... nothing but 'nice guys' in our whole group... and Carnival will NOT be allowing pirates to board the ship anytime during the cruise... lol

Oct 18 14 01:48 pm Link