Forums > Model Colloquy > Ever had a photographer show up drunk??

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I haven't, just curious if anyone else has;)

Jun 21 14 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Warren Photography

GLENMOORE, Pennsylvania, US

*hic*

No, why?

Jun 21 14 05:12 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Ken Warren Photography wrote:
*hic*

No, why?

I did have one that could have used a drink to calm his nerves, his hands were shaking.

Jun 21 14 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

A couple years ago, I was known to drink while shooting with people I knew pretty well and would end up quite buzzed.

A few years before that, I would sometimes take full advantage of the many drinks people would buy me at the events I shot.  I often ended up pretty drunk at those.  Once in a while, VERY drunk.  But the weird part was I would forget that I shot the last 100 or so images, but they were no worse than when I was rock sober.

I don't really drink now so that doesn't happen any longer. 

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that even when I did drink, no one really knew I was impaired.  I guess I held it together pretty well.

Jun 21 14 05:38 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

No, but I've drank with quite a few of them.

Jun 21 14 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Isis22 wrote:

I did have one that could have used a drink to calm his nerves, his hands were shaking.

You made him nervous.   smile

Jun 21 14 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

ITs bad form to show up drunk, drunk by the end is totally different mind you.

Totally off topic but I travel overseas and it's still common for people to drink at lunch, not in the US.  I think we could shoot someone at lunch just as long as no breasts were exposed or beer was drank its OK.

Jun 21 14 05:49 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm not sure if they've ever shown up drunk, but they've definitely left drunk!

I've been offered drugs on a shoot though.

Jun 21 14 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Haddon Heights, New Jersey, US

Ok, so here's a lesson to learn for models.  ANF has a STRICT policy of "no drinking" for four days before a shoot. 

I have had a model show up hungover and shitfaced.  He said, "But, that's Ok.  After all, you can take care of this in Photoshop," as I personally patched up his inflammations in the bathroom.

If he weren't a VERY good friend of mine, I would have cancelled. 

Another?  I threw him into the makeup pen. 

And the only reason I tolerated them was because they were personal friends.

Otherwise, you show up shitfaced on a Sunday morning for partying on a Saturday?

You had two weeks notice and you weren't prepared.  Fired.  And I don't fucking care that it's Sunday and last night was Saturday.  Last night was Saturday for me, too.

Jun 21 14 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

I never drink when I am working I have shot weddings where they keep offering me shots and I just decline. The last thing I want to do is get drunk and fuck up the job.

I did model back in the day for a guy who offered me drugs at the shoot. I decline but felt uneasy knowing that the guy had illegal drugs on him so I ended up cutting the shoot short and leaving. You can do whatever you want on your own time but please don't do it around me because I will just leave.

Jun 21 14 05:56 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Dobias Fine Art Photo wrote:
Ok, so here's a lesson to learn for models.  ANF has a STRICT policy of "no drinking" for four days before a shoot. 

I have had a model show up hungover and shitfaced.  He said, "But, that's Ok.  After all, you can take care of this in Photoshop," as I personally patched up his inflammations in the bathroom.

Otherwise, you show up shitfaced on a Sunday morning for partying on a Saturday?

You had two weeks notice and you weren't prepared.  Fired.  And I don't fucking care that it's Sunday and last night was Saturday.  Last night was Saturday for me, too.

You might want to post this in the Photography Talk thread that's already been started. I wasn't asking about models but about photographers.

Jun 21 14 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Warren Photography

Honestly, I'm not at my best when I'm drunk. (Who is, though?) I wouldn't show up drunk, and I wouldn't drink during a shoot. After? If the model wants to hang, and my wife and I don't have anything to do, then sure, I might knock a couple back.

Jun 21 14 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Isis22 wrote:
You might want to post this in the Photography Talk thread that's already been started. I wasn't asking about models but about photographers.

Suggestion noted and appreciated.  It's just been that my experience has been that photographers tend to be more mature and models tend not to be so.  Models are more likely to party until 5am thinking they can show up for a 7am shoot than photographers. 

Sober is one thing.  Photogenic is another.

Jun 21 14 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

What's ANF and how would they know if a model drank 2 days ago?

Jun 21 14 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

highStrangeness

Carmichael, California, US

Alcohol is not the drug of my choice.

That much said, I don't think I'd ever show up to a shoot baked, if only because I'd talk way too much and never get anything done. smile

Jun 21 14 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Abercombie And Fitch.

And if you're a photographer, you can see it in the capillaries of their eyes.

Jun 21 14 06:08 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Suggestion noted and appreciated.  It's just been that my experience has been that photographers tend to be more mature and models tend not to be so.  Models are more likely to party until 5am thinking they can show up for a 7am shoot than photographers. 

Sober is one thing.  Photogenic is another.

I'm 47 and it's been so long since I have gotten drunk I can't even remember exactly. Let's not paint all models with the same brush.

Jun 21 14 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Isis22 wrote:

I'm 47 and it's been so long since I have gotten drunk I can't even remember exactly. Let's not paint all models with the same brush.

They're young and full of energy and, uh, the judgement of the young.  THAT's why we love them as models, and why ANF cloisters them. 

At 47 and thereafter, you knew you couldn't show up for a shoot hungover.  At 19-22, maybe you thought you could have pulled it off (even though you couldn't). 

At 47 and thereafter, maybe you knew you had thousands of dollars worth of equipment under the thumbs of your morning, while the 20 year old kid figured that just getting past a DUI check was enough.

And explaining to a 21 year old kid who wants to party with his friends on a Saturday? 

They don't want to hear it.  After all, their friends aren't concerned about how they look on a Sunday morning after partying all night long.  So, why should they?

You're just ruining their good time.

I know this is supposed to be a thread about photographers and not models.  But, I'm going to take a wild guess and guess that at 47+, you might not be a model.

Jun 21 14 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

When Jack Benny was 64, he continued to tell everyone he was 39.

Jun 21 14 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Happy Guy Photos

Upland, California, US

Hmm ... this thread has a mirror copy.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=926482

Jun 21 14 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Warren Photography

... I know this is supposed to be a thread about photographers and not models.  But, I'm going to take a wild guess and guess that at 47+, you might not be a model.

And you would be wrong. I've never shot with her, but yes, she's a model.

Jun 21 14 07:36 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Thanks for that, and yes, I don't think he has looked at my port LOL.

Jun 21 14 07:57 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Happy Guy Photos wrote:
Hmm ... this thread has a mirror copy.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=926482

Yes, I wanted to hear the other side;)

Jun 21 14 07:58 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

They're young and full of energy and, uh, the judgement of the young.  THAT's why we love them as models, and why ANF cloisters them. 

At 47 and thereafter, you knew you couldn't show up for a shoot hungover.  At 19-22, maybe you thought you could have pulled it off (even though you couldn't). 

At 47 and thereafter, maybe you knew you had thousands of dollars worth of equipment under the thumbs of your morning, while the 20 year old kid figured that just getting past a DUI check was enough.

And explaining to a 21 year old kid who wants to party with his friends on a Saturday? 

They don't want to hear it.  After all, their friends aren't concerned about how they look on a Sunday morning after partying all night long.  So, why should they?

I know this is supposed to be a thread about photographers and not models.  But, I'm going to take a wild guess and guess that at 47+, you might not be a model.

Hey, the drunken model thread is here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=926482

Remember it isn't nice to insult the OP, especially since you are wrong, (47+ and being a model.) She 'is' a model. Maybe not the ANF type but then again there are many dofferent types and genres.

Jen-hobbyist model

Jun 21 14 09:19 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

When Jack Benny was 64, he continued to tell everyone he was 39.

Well, good for him.

Who cares?

She is a model. Have a nice day.

Jen

Jun 21 14 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

She is more a model than you are a photographer.

You do know there are models all the way up to elderly right or who the heck do you think they hire for all those commercials needing mature women.

Jun 21 14 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I have photographed 47 year old models nude who looked great!

Jun 21 14 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

A friend of mine is the manager of a major nightclub in Bangkok. They hire event photographers. They had one who worked exactly 3 nights. Showed up drunk and got drunker. Hit on girls in the club, started fights. Stumbled down some stairs, lost his lunch, etc. Photos came out fine.

Jun 21 14 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

RichardH

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

Isis22 wrote:

That is why I always use a tripod.

Jun 22 14 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Ken Warren Photography

Isis22 wrote:
Thanks for that, and yes, I don't think he has looked at my port LOL.

Honestly, I don't think he even looked at the screen. I mean, right there under your avatar it says 'Model" in orangey-red letters, y'know...

Jun 22 14 04:53 am Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Seattle, Washington, US

I've worked with a few that were inebriated when I arrived, and continued drinking throughout the shoot.  One of them was completely cool & appropriate despite the drinking, and delivered images in a reasonable amount of time.  The other one was okay during the shoot, but never delivered images.  I wouldn't be okay with the partying kind of drinking during a shoot, but both of these guys were obviously functioning alcoholics.

Jun 22 14 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

FotoArcade

San Diego, California, US

Why? You offering to buy?

Jun 22 14 10:29 pm Link

Model

Amber West

Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom

Pretty sure one guy was high on something... It was a long day's shoot and he was VERY talkative (and I talk a lot myself)and towards the end he literally seem to get more and more erratic and kinda shakey. Really struck me as someone who reached their high and was then on a come down

Jun 23 14 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

I thought all photographers shot with Natural Light. big_smile

Jun 23 14 12:15 am Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

Amber West wrote:
Pretty sure one guy was high on something... It was a long day's shoot and he was VERY talkative (and I talk a lot myself)and towards the end he literally seem to get more and more erratic and kinda shakey. Really struck me as someone who reached their high and was then on a come down

Ha, I'm like that on caffeine.

Jun 23 14 02:02 am Link

Model

Torttunaattori

Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland

Whuuut!? haha, didn't happen to me (yet), at least that I know of wink

If I had a good time shooting or if the photographer is a friend we tend to get beers afterwards though big_smile

Jun 23 14 03:36 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

https://www.jayleavitt.com/links/guide_forum_llama.gif

I spy with my little eye, a tid bit o' ig'nance flaring up in this thread.

Can we avoid making unnecessary judgments about each other please?

Jun 23 14 06:15 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Koryn wrote:
I spy with my little eye, a tid bit o' ig'nance flaring up in this thread.

A small train wreck from the get go.

Jun 23 14 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Ken Warren Photography

Isis22 wrote:

A small train wreck from the get go.

But sometimes those are the best ones. smile

Jun 23 14 08:17 am Link

Model

Elizabeta Rosandic

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Abercombie And Fitch.

And if you're a photographer, you can see it in the capillaries of their eyes.

I've definitely had drinks 2 days before a shoot in the past. I can't recall it having much of an effect on the shoot though.

But then, I've never worked for Abercrombie and Fitch's all-seeing and all-knowing photographers.

Jun 23 14 12:31 pm Link