Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > How Important Is Money In A Serious Relationship

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I need a man with a car because I don't drive and never will. I need them to like their job. That's about it.

On the other hand I have had men tell me I need to get a "real" job not realizing I do in fact work, even if it's not a 9-5 it still counts. It makes them nervous that I work freelance. I don't need money, they do so they push their insecurities on me. I'm happy sitting home and watching TV but they want to go out every single time we have a date. They want to buy motorcycle after motorcycle. They make more money but they sure as heck spend it too. I think it's deeper than money. It depends on what money and having lots of stuff means to you.

Mar 07 15 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby C

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

To me, it does not matter how much money/assets she has but what matters is how smart she is about what she has.

Mar 07 15 03:12 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

As long as we can keep the lights on, food on the table, and keep our car from the repo man then I don't care too much for money. Just don't ask me to borrow money when I'm the one paying the bills. I'll murder you

Mar 07 15 03:13 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Mar 07 15 03:22 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

I need a man with enough money that when he farts, the only sound I hear is gold coins clinking as they fall out of his ass and hit the floor.

Mar 07 15 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

MoRina wrote:
I need a man with enough money that when he farts, the only sound I hear is gold coins clinking as they fall out of his ass and hit the floor.

Now we know.   big_smile

Mar 07 15 03:32 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Jules NYC wrote:
The House That Love Built lol

I am shocked and appalled

Mar 07 15 03:37 pm Link

Model

D A N I

MoRina wrote:

Can I get that installed in my fiance? He farts at least once an hour.

Mar 07 15 03:38 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

D A N I wrote:

I am shocked and appalled

lol

Mar 07 15 03:44 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Mar 07 15 04:19 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

D A N I wrote:

Can I get that installed in my fiance? He farts at least once an hour.

smile

I don't know how to create the condition... I just have an eye for spotting it...

Mar 07 15 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

MoRina wrote:

smile

I don't know how to create the condition... I just have an eye for spotting it...

lol

Mar 07 15 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby C

MoRina wrote:

You don't need a man for that; you can do it on your own. Fart Power. Errr... I Mean, Girl Power !
https://www.funnywomen.com/uploads/blog/300_1_l.jpg
-----------------------

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tJCxvkW6EiA/THAiL13g1MI/AAAAAAAAAVk/FUbHD4Y5XOo/s400/120.jpg
^^^^ "How much do you think she is earning a year doing this? I'll tell you: £50,000! "
http://wtfsexfacts.blogspot.com/2010/08 … c1cf282aeb

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--juXkkMSZ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/17r7bkkhebf17jpg.jpg

"Meet the Woman Who Farts for a Living
Jacki is a producer of farting videos. Her videos, which are posted on various fetish-exclusive sites are downloaded and paid for by hundreds of consumers. These video clips, featuring Jacki in various stages of undress, farting noisily into the camera, fulfill a niche community of men who get off on women farting. Yes, you read right. Men watch her fart and tell her how hot she is, how hard they are for her and her farts, and how much they want her to sit on their faces and fart on them. ..."
http://jezebel.com/5922135/meet-the-wom … r-a-living

Mar 07 15 05:32 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

Bobby C wrote:
You don't need a man for that; you can do it on your own. Fart Power. Errr... I Mean, Girl Power !
https://www.funnywomen.com/uploads/blog/300_1_l.jpg
-----------------------

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tJCxvkW6EiA/THAiL13g1MI/AAAAAAAAAVk/FUbHD4Y5XOo/s400/120.jpg
^^^^ "How much do you think she is earning a year doing this? I'll tell you: £50,000! "
http://wtfsexfacts.blogspot.com/2010/08 … c1cf282aeb

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--juXkkMSZ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/17r7bkkhebf17jpg.jpg

"Meet the Woman Who Farts for a Living
Jacki is a producer of farting videos. Her videos, which are posted on various fetish-exclusive sites are downloaded and paid for by hundreds of consumers. These video clips, featuring Jacki in various stages of undress, farting noisily into the camera, fulfill a niche community of men who get off on women farting. Yes, you read right. Men watch her fart and tell her how hot she is, how hard they are for her and her farts, and how much they want her to sit on their faces and fart on them. ..."
http://jezebel.com/5922135/meet-the-wom … r-a-living

If all those dudes stopped blowing their paychecks on fart videos, they might have enough money to get themselves a decent woman.

Mar 07 15 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

MoRina wrote:
If all those dudes stopped blowing their paychecks on fart videos, they might have enough money to get themselves a decent woman.

is there a descent women who would put up with a guy blowing his money on fart videos ?

Mar 07 15 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby C

MoRina wrote:

The idea of a "decent woman" might be relative.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmJ99QeMW6bDj7aViEt36DX2FfSMPDc3akSjDf55QjgwmAWL3u4Q

Mar 07 15 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby C

scrymettet wrote:

is there a descent women who would put up with a guy blowing his money on fart videos ?

https://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/compositions/115760116/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=2.png/dark-descent-women-t-shirt-front-logo_design.png

Mar 07 15 05:56 pm Link

Model

D A N I

MoRina wrote:

smile

lol

Mar 07 15 06:06 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Nothing is more sexier than a guy that has his priorities straight.

I was reminded today that independence = happiness and it's true.
When a person has the freedom of choice, it really makes a beautiful difference.

There is also something really beautiful about depending on someone too.  When two people need each other, it's ok to depend on them in every way - emotionally, spiritually... should I dare say financially?  Why not?

If both people know how to live independently and they 'do' for each other, there's no problem.  If no one holds money, taking care of a home, cooking, etc. as a commodity, there is no problem.  Can be a traditional homemaker with/without kids or a breadwinner or a combination of both.  I think if BOTH people in the relationship can count on each other without seeking help from parents, then the relationship doesn't fall into such parental role with each other.

It really boils down to what two people feel equitable with, without resentment.

Mar 07 15 06:41 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Lohkee wrote:
I dunno if money is really a relationship issue so much as it is IMHO a personal one. Some people need very little, while others need a lot in order to feel happy and secure.

Personally, I'm probably somewhere in between. As long as the bills are paid and I can take Hue out for dinner once or twice a month, I'm pretty much good-to-go. Basically, I don't need/want toys, lead a very simple life, and really don't give a rat's ass if people are "impressed" with me (or, in the context of this conversation, what I have). Hue, OTOH, is sort of conflicted. Her brothers and sisters all have big homes, fancy cars, a closets full of nice (expensive) clothes that they never seem to actually wear. Chuckles. Her sisters end up giving them away when they run out of room to put stuff. Most still have the tags attached. They also work their asses to the bone 7/days/week. Frankly, their work ethic and sheer freaking endurance impress me far more than their McMansions, Mercedes SUV's, and clothing labels ever will. Sometimes I think (and maybe I am completely wrong on this) Hue feels she is somehow "less-than" her siblings until I point out that we owe nobody nothing and she has the one thing they want more than anything but do not have - FREEDOM! Everything she has is paid for in cash (even if it might take a while to save up enough for something she wants) and she doesn't have to put up with any crap on a daily basis from some asshole with a big ego. Chuckles. Being "poor" is a very relative thing.   

Guess what I'm really trying to say is that if both people are on the same page (no money, little money, lots of money) then money shouldn't be an issue.

I duuno. I'm babbling. I still need another two cups of coffee.

This is my goal.  I live for freedom; I am the wind. 
I won't make car payments; I'll buy a used car in cash... always.

My brother (who has a VERY steady, good job) laughed at me when I said I want to buy a house in cash.  I totally mean it.  Interest alone on a mortgage is insane.

INSANE!

Mar 07 15 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

MoRina wrote:

I've never bought a fart video in my life, and I can't even get myself an indecent woman, much less a decent one

Mar 07 15 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I've been tossing around ideas of personal responsibility and people's relationship with money.  I've known people of all walks of life, with different past and present lifestyles... of course, all variable to change.  A lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck, others with a savings, big or small.  I'm very curious how people feel about money because the more I talk to people, I'm amazed at what the answers are as I pose these questions.

How important is money to you in a serious relationship?  Before you join forces marriage/living together, whatever the scenario it is for you... are these things important or not important for you?

Do they need x in savings
Do they have to own property
Does it matter if they rent or have their own place at all
Should they have lived at least once on their own
Should they have lived at least once on their own without roommates
Do they need to make x at their job
Do they need to have a job at all
Do they need a car
Should they be debt-free
If they have debt, how much is acceptable
If they have assets, does it matter how they were acquired (divorce, trust-fund, inheritance, etc.)

All good points, IMO, and valid to talk about with a potential partner if one is entering a "serious" relationship. To me, "serious" means being married and managing finances together. I know many who just live together and do things together financially, but that wouldn't be me.

The answer to all these things, for me, is that none of them matter. What matters to me is how do they make money? How much do they spend (amount or percentage is fine)? What is it they buy for their money?

I can deal with someone who doesn't make a lot of money but spends wisely. For instance, if they make $500 a month (round number) and they spend $250 of it for rent, $125 for food and the other $125 between gas for the car, utilities in their home and car insurance, I'd be okay with that. It means they don't have anything left at the end of a month, but they are okay (as long as they don't get sick and if they do get sick in the future, I'd be there to take up some of the slack).

If the person were in the same scenario but spent only $100 for food, was constantly losing weight and did it so they'd have $25 for drugs, alcohol, shoes and/or consumer electronics, I wouldn't be able to deal with them.  If they saved that $25 a month to do something else they enjoy (perhaps take a vacation at the end of the year) or to invest in some hobby or business where they could possibly make more money (there are no guarantees), I'm okay with that, too. I'd rather if they didn't continue losing weight but it's up to them to decide how much and what to eat.

It's all about responsibility. There is a woman I know who I'd actually marry. We disagree on many financial things. For instance, she leases a new car every 3-4 years. This means she always has a car payment to make. It also means she pays for no repairs (they're always under warranty). She said she does this but doesn't spend any real money on other things (like getting her nails done, shoes/clothes that aren't necessary, etc etc) so I say great. We disagree on what she spends her money on but there is merit to what she says and if she doesn't blow a lot of money on unnecessary things, who am I to say she can't or shouldn't _______?

This is as opposed to a woman I used to date who told me she wanted a new car and it had to be a Honda CR-V. After talking with her a bit, I discovered that she wanted this new car because she was "tired" of the old one (it ran perfectly and had way under 100,000 miles).  When it was discovered that her car needed a brake job, she said it was time to buy another car. I said no because every car is going to need brakes eventually.  She was livid! How *DARE* you try stopping me from getting another car!!   So I say ... all right ... if you want a new car, go get it. We're not married, we're not getting married, I don't have to make the monthly payments. But ... if you decide to get that CR-V, just remember this: in effect, you're paying $22,000 for a brake job because that's all your car really needs.

She got the brake job done and it was $800 or so (way overpriced). Now she's livid because she could've had a brand new car and only had to pay $400 a month for it.  I say great. Here's the thing, though. You paid $800 for your old car right now. If you got the new car, you'd have only paid $400 for it this month and $400 next month. Same $800 right? But with the new car, you'd have to make that same car payment another 70 or 80 months. With your old car, you don't have another payment to make until and unless something wears out or breaks (no pun intended). Which plan works for you?

She quickly got over her anger over that, but went on to something else.

Mar 07 15 07:56 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

All good points, IMO, and valid to talk about with a potential partner if one is entering a "serious" relationship. To me, "serious" means being married and managing finances together. I know many who just live together and do things together financially, but that wouldn't be me.

The answer to all these things, for me, is that none of them matter. What matters to me is how do they make money? How much do they spend (amount or percentage is fine)? What is it they buy for their money?

I can deal with someone who doesn't make a lot of money but spends wisely. For instance, if they make $500 a month (round number) and they spend $250 of it for rent, $125 for food and the other $125 between gas for the car, utilities in their home and car insurance, I'd be okay with that. It means they don't have anything left at the end of a month, but they are okay (as long as they don't get sick and if they do get sick in the future, I'd be there to take up some of the slack).

If the person were in the same scenario but spent only $100 for food, was constantly losing weight and did it so they'd have $25 for drugs, alcohol, shoes and/or consumer electronics, I wouldn't be able to deal with them.  If they saved that $25 a month to do something else they enjoy (perhaps take a vacation at the end of the year) or to invest in some hobby or business where they could possibly make more money (there are no guarantees), I'm okay with that, too. I'd rather if they didn't continue losing weight but it's up to them to decide how much and what to eat.

It's all about responsibility. There is a woman I know who I'd actually marry. We disagree on many financial things. For instance, she leases a new car every 3-4 years. This means she always has a car payment to make. It also means she pays for no repairs (they're always under warranty). She said she does this but doesn't spend any real money on other things (like getting her nails done, shoes/clothes that aren't necessary, etc etc) so I say great. We disagree on what she spends her money on but there is merit to what she says and if she doesn't blow a lot of money on unnecessary things, who am I to say she can't or shouldn't _______?

This is as opposed to a woman I used to date who told me she wanted a new car and it had to be a Honda CR-V. After talking with her a bit, I discovered that she wanted this new car because she was "tired" of the old one (it ran perfectly and had way under 100,000 miles).  When it was discovered that her car needed a brake job, she said it was time to buy another car. I said no because every car is going to need brakes eventually.  She was livid! How *DARE* you try stopping me from getting another car!!   So I say ... all right ... if you want a new car, go get it. We're not married, we're not getting married, I don't have to make the monthly payments. But ... if you decide to get that CR-V, just remember this: in effect, you're paying $22,000 for a brake job because that's all your car really needs.

She got the brake job done and it was $800 or so (way overpriced). Now she's livid because she could've had a brand new car and only had to pay $400 a month for it.  I say great. Here's the thing, though. You paid $800 for your old car right now. If you got the new car, you'd have only paid $400 for it this month and $400 next month. Same $800 right? But with the new car, you'd have to make that same car payment another 70 or 80 months. With your old car, you don't have another payment to make until and unless something wears out or breaks (no pun intended). Which plan works for you?

She quickly got over her anger over that, but went on to something else.

If a person wants to be indulgent and buy a brand new car off the lot, cool, just be able to afford it.
Leasing works nicely if you like driving a new car all the time and have the funds to do so with the inclusion of no maintenance, etc.
If you buy a real shitty used car and spend x amount trying to fix it, that's not logical.

Each circumstance individual per situation.

Your ex girlfriend sounds somewhat illogical and couldn't do basic math (no offense).

Mar 07 15 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Jules NYC wrote:
If a person wants to be indulgent and buy a brand new car off the lot, cool, just be able to afford it.
Leasing works nicely if you like driving a new car all the time and have the funds to do so with the inclusion of no maintenance, etc.
If you buy a real shitty used car and spend x amount trying to fix it, that's not logical.

Each circumstance individual per situation.

Your ex girlfriend sounds somewhat illogical and couldn't do basic math (no offense).

I agree with you about leasing. I don't like the idea of always having a car payment but it's what she does, she can afford it, it's part of her budget and she makes it work. I mean ...  I gave her a book I read and she actually read it. She started saving 10% of her income because of it. When she lost her job (long story), instead of panicking, she went on vacation knowing she had saved enough money to pay all her bills for the next 2 years without lifting a finger. She'd have to get another job eventually but there was no hurry. 

As for the ex, you don't have to worry about offending me. I'd say she was more than somewhat illogical and it was one of the main sticking points in our relationship.  She wanted to spend all the time and called me cheapskate because she said I never wanted to spend. The truth is I like spending as much as anyone else. I just like to get a bang for my buck and make sure I actually need what I'm buying (as opposed to just wanting it). I don't need to buy stuff just to say I bought something.

Everyone is different, though (as you said). Some people's situation/mindset works for me. Others don't. I'm not trying to change anyone on any level. I'm not trying to make wholesale changes myself, either. 

For me, it has always been used cars in the past and I've done relatively well with them (I bought a Ford Ranger once for $250 and an amplifier I hadn't used in more than 10 years because it needed a flywheel. I got it fixed and drove it more than 2 years before wrecking it, only having to buy a clutch, an ignition module, a set of spark plugs, a timing belt and 4 tires for it).  To get the truck up and running cost me about $700 (including the price of the truck). The clutch was less than $100, the spark plugs about $8, the timing belt was about $10 and I don't remember how much the 4 tires were, but every vehicle will need tires at some point.

When I wrecked it, the insurance company let me keep it free of charge AND they gave me $1200 for it.

As time goes on, though, cars are getting built cheaper and cheaper and people hold onto them longer and longer. When buying a used car, there isn't nearly as much life left in them as there used to be (seemingly). New car prices are soaring, too. I may end up with a bicycle at some point.

Mar 07 15 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Jules NYC wrote:
How Important Is Money In A Serious Relationship

It isn't

Isis22 wrote:
I need a man with a car because I don't drive and never will. I need them to like their job. That's about it.

On the other hand I have had men tell me I need to get a "real" job not realizing I do in fact work, even if it's not a 9-5 it still counts. It makes them nervous that I work freelance. I don't need money, they do so they push their insecurities on me. I'm happy sitting home and watching TV but they want to go out every single time we have a date. They want to buy motorcycle after motorcycle. They make more money but they sure as heck spend it too. I think it's deeper than money. It depends on what money and having lots of stuff means to you.

What's wrong with riding on the back of a Motorcycle?

:p

Mar 08 15 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Jules NYC wrote:

Say a person doesn't have a job, no savings & no car.  Does that make them irresponsible?

I haven't had a job (as in worked for an employer) since 1988 when I left the Army. I have no significant savings (I do have significant investments - they are not the same thing). I haven't had a car since 1991.

Despite all that, I've got one adult daughter who makes a decent living writing children's books, another 13 year old daughter that I am putting through international school and who will become a veterinarian, and a son who I am also putting through school. And somehow I manage to pay all my bills and take care of my children, my girlfriend and her mother.

I've set the girlfriend up in a number of businesses. She's a natural sales person. But she can't manage money at all. In the end, I keep setting up new ones because it makes her happy and it really isn't that much to do. It's better than her sitting around home sleeping, eating and watching TV.

Is she irresponsible? No. She simply doesn't understand money. Like most people.

Let me ask you this...

Someone has a good job, a new car, and has two years of salary in debt.... does that make them responsible? Yet, that is more likely the norm in the USA than what you described.

Mar 08 15 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Al Lock Photography wrote:
Someone has a good job, a new car, and has two years of salary in debt.... does that make them responsible? Yet, that is more likely the norm in the USA than what you described.

I think this is a great point. Poking around on a dating website, I find that a lot of women (I don't look at profiles posted by men so I have no idea what they say) say they want someone who has a job and a car (they don't specify how new the car has to be). I understand the point ... they don't want to have to pay for everything for some guy and they don't want to have to cart them around, either.

That said, there is more than one way to make money. Having a job is just one of them. If being self employed is a turn off or a deal breaker for a particular woman, that's fine. Whatever floats her boat.

Mar 08 15 04:23 am Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

It's not particularly romantic, but money (or similar attitudes to it) is pretty important. I wouldn't want to be in a serious relationship with someone who's never lived away from their parents, but that's more to do with responsibility and living as an adult. Likewise, if you're with someone who blows their money on crap and doesn't have their share of the rent that month, it'll get old pretty fast. If you're both like that, it's always going to be an issue.

So no, there's no magic number for it and no list of requirements, but life is always easier if you're not coupled with a fuckwit.

Mar 08 15 06:30 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Al Lock Photography wrote:
I haven't had a job (as in worked for an employer) since 1988 when I left the Army. I have no significant savings (I do have significant investments - they are not the same thing). I haven't had a car since 1991.

Despite all that, I've got one adult daughter who makes a decent living writing children's books, another 13 year old daughter that I am putting through international school and who will become a veterinarian, and a son who I am also putting through school. And somehow I manage to pay all my bills and take care of my children, my girlfriend and her mother.

I've set the girlfriend up in a number of businesses. She's a natural sales person. But she can't manage money at all. In the end, I keep setting up new ones because it makes her happy and it really isn't that much to do. It's better than her sitting around home sleeping, eating and watching TV.

Is she irresponsible? No. She simply doesn't understand money. Like most people.

Let me ask you this...

Yes, you are correct; many people don't understand money.

I didn't understand money much either growing up.  My parents never talked about money but I know my father made a lot.  My mother didn't work when she was raising me and my brother, but then worked a job for 15 years for the insurance for us.  I grew accustomed to a nice lifestyle and I am full of gratitude that I was able to live in such a way.  I wouldn't call myself privileged, or maybe I was?  Many people around me were quite affluent and it all seemed 'normal'.

I never had an allowance and worked ever since I was 15 years old.  I worked holidays, I had to get up at 6am during the Summer.  That kind of work ethic was instilled in me by my parents and yes, I learned how hard you have to work to make money.  What I didn't learn was how to save.  My own damn fault, but still my own.

I will fully admit that when I had a prosperous job, it was easy to be ahead of the eight ball but instead of saving, my lifestyle just got 100% better.  This was a wash, rinse, repeat cycle most of my life. 

I never expected anyone to 'take care of me' albeit I'd be a great big liar if the premise wasn't 'nice' like most fairy tales.  The ideology of someone coming in my life, making it better without the stresses I am so used to sounds really nice.  Thing is, me always working and having my own money, even if the money was 'ours', I'd feel like a great big douchebag asking for $ to get anything be it groceries, a shaver, a new dress or my damn phone bill.

Would it be nice for me to sit back, write music, do modeling and join the Screen Actors Guild and audition for a few years to see what comes to fruition?  Yes it does.  Many wives in Greenwich, CT (very affluent town in CT) are comprised of NYC financial people who have monstrous houses with wives (sorry so sexist, it's true) that get to fulfill their artistic passions, with kids/no kids and life a privileged life.

I strive for living a nice lifestyle but it really doesn't matter to me.

I've been dead broke before (hello, Savings account?) and know what it feels like to struggle.
When you live entirely on your own, no roommates, no boyfriend/girlfriend to help you... NO ONE, it's damn hard.

Someone with a lot of money can have the exact same stresses as a person with far less, but the stresses are exactly the same without proper money management.

If the bills are paid, that seems pretty responsible, correct?  Hey, all my bills are paid, I'm responsible! Well, if you don't have enough food in your refrigerator or have absolutely NOTHING extra to do ANYTHING fun/interesting (lifestyle), it seems like one is just on the very bottom tier in life, just eating, surviving.  I don't want a life of work, eat, sleep and THAT'S IT!

WTF!

In no way do I disrespect what you are doing for your woman.  In fact I believe most women idolize that kind of life, where someone takes care of them.  It worked for years and years and years, right in America.

... and for the record, currently all my bills are paid, I have -0- credit debt and what I have to worry about is my tax return which I already filed and my student loan.  Period.

Mar 08 15 07:50 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

I think this is a great point. Poking around on a dating website, I find that a lot of women (I don't look at profiles posted by men so I have no idea what they say) say they want someone who has a job and a car (they don't specify how new the car has to be). I understand the point ... they don't want to have to pay for everything for some guy and they don't want to have to cart them around, either.

That said, there is more than one way to make money. Having a job is just one of them. If being self employed is a turn off or a deal breaker for a particular woman, that's fine. Whatever floats her boat.

Women want a guy usually with a job and a car because they know (in most typical scenarios), no job and no car means they will have to be the one sponsoring everything.  I went out with a guy like that.  I think he loved money more than he could ever love a woman.

Mar 08 15 07:53 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

ValHig wrote:
It's not particularly romantic, but money (or similar attitudes to it) is pretty important. I wouldn't want to be in a serious relationship with someone who's never lived away from their parents, but that's more to do with responsibility and living as an adult. Likewise, if you're with someone who blows their money on crap and doesn't have their share of the rent that month, it'll get old pretty fast. If you're both like that, it's always going to be an issue.

So no, there's no magic number for it and no list of requirements, but life is always easier if you're not coupled with a fuckwit.

This.

Mar 08 15 07:54 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I never cared about money; still don't.

I do care how someone spends their money if they are trying to build a life with me.
Don't care if you work at a gas station or manage a hedge fund.

Seriously.

Mar 08 15 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Pretty much every single study done on divorce has proven that the #1 cause is due to money issues.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Study-reve … 73531.html

Mar 08 15 07:58 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

...and dare I say -

All the women that love watching those 'Real Housewives of x city' crap (never seen it once but I can only imagine lol), want that kind of lifestyle.

See, what women forget is that with all that money and such comes a different set of responsibilities even if you don't have kids.  I think taking care of each other despite money and such is such a beautiful, idyllic concept.  It can be real.

I just never want to end up like this (unless he can pour me a glass too):

https://bluntcard.com/images/helpless.png

When people have that kind of cash they have live in maids/chefs/etc.

Mar 08 15 08:06 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Shot By Adam wrote:
Pretty much every single study done on divorce has proven that the #1 cause is due to money issues.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Study-reve … 73531.html

100% correct.

With marriage, two people have to truly be responsible for each other.  That's the entire concept!!!!!!!!

Mar 08 15 08:09 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I think most women think that a man will come into their life (insert whatever gender sexual orientation, blah de blah) and make it all better!

We don't go to college (if you did?) to get married.  We get educated to have a career.

I know that it all sounds nice to think a man should pay all your shit and all your bills and whatever you racked up in life because you were living it...

I met one woman that within the first 10 minutes of meeting her (and this must be her running joke), said, "So and so married me because I swallow."  Ok, well I fully understand the content of your character immediately lol but the most exciting event of her life was getting a vacuum.

*Wasn't even a good one either. 

She has a really nice house/lifestyle/cars/etc. though!

Ladies, you should swallow because you want to.  I think I have a slightly greater criterion for someone to be my husband than how amazing he fucks me.

Mar 08 15 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I just never want to end up like this:

Chuckles. I did (and I'm the guy in your card) and it drives me bat-shit crazy at times. I raised two daughters on my own. I can (actually love to) cook, do laundry, mop floors, and clean toilet bowls with the best of them!

For whatever reason, me doing anything around the house seems to really offend Hue's sense of womanhood. I dunno if it's a cultural thing or just a Hue thing but there's hell to pay if I try to help out. Actually, that's not quite true. It's taken years but I'm now "allowed" to vacuum and mop without paying a steep price for my efforts. I'm also now allowed in the kitchen when she wants a traditional American dinner for her family at Thanksgiving or Christmas (but that's only because she doesn't know how to do it herself - ever seen  someone try to cook a turkey in a wok?). Wooohoo!

What really grinds me is that I'm "lazy" because I play on the computer all day and don't have a job.

Ummmm, I'm retired and you won't LET me do anything. Hello??????

Anyway, back to your thread. I just had to comment on the card you posted because, well, it resonated albeit probably not in the way you may of expected. lol

Mar 08 15 08:36 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Lohkee wrote:
Chuckles. I did (and I'm the guy in your card) and it drives me bat-shit crazy at times. I raised two daughters on my own. I can (actually love to) cook, do laundry, mop floors, and clean toilet bowls with the best of them!

For whatever reason, me doing anything around the house seems to really offend Hue's sense of womanhood. I dunno if it's a cultural thing or just a Hue thing but there's hell to pay if I try to help out. Actually, that's not quite true. It's taken years but I'm now "allowed" to vacuum and mop without paying a steep price for my efforts. I'm also now allowed in the kitchen when she wants a traditional American dinner for her family at Thanksgiving or Christmas (but that's only because she doesn't know how to do it herself - ever seen  someone try to cook a turkey in a wok?). Wooohoo!

What really grinds me is that I'm "lazy" because I play on the computer all day and don't have a job.

Ummmm, I'm retired and you won't LET me do anything. Hello??????

Anyway, back to your thread. I just had to comment on the card you posted because, well, it resonated albeit probably not in the way you may of expected. lol

I wouldn't mind someone catering to me either.
lol

I don't know... My roommate in San Francisco was a female mechanical engineer that was designing tanks at the time.  She used to work on her car and I watched her in great admiration.  From that point on, I worked on my car too (just replacing lights and minor things) but it made me feel so empowered.

Let me clarify, I have no problem 'serving' a man.  The problem I have is he expecting it.  If a man never wanted me to do anything, that seems pretty awesome but I'd feel kind of bad because it would seem so inequitable.  There's no score-card in relationships but I never had a guy do those things for me on the daily.

I wonder what it would feel like.

Mar 08 15 08:41 am Link

Model

D A N I

Jules NYC wrote:
...and dare I say -

All the women that love watching those 'Real Housewives of x city' crap (never seen it once but I can only imagine lol), want that kind of lifestyle.

See, what women forget is that with all that money and such comes a different set of responsibilities even if you don't have kids.  I think taking care of each other despite money and such is such a beautiful, idyllic concept.  It can be real.

I just never want to end up like this (unless he can pour me a glass too):

When people have that kind of cash they have live in maids/chefs/etc.

That photo explains how I feel whenever my fiance asks me for a drink or food or to grab the remote or go buy him cigarettes or help me look up cheats for a game...he's so fucking helpless

Mar 08 15 08:49 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

D A N I wrote:

That photo explains how I feel whenever my fiance asks me for a drink or food or to grab the remote or go buy him cigarettes or help me look up cheats for a game...he's so fucking helpless

Most men liked to be catered to.
Truth is, most PEOPLE liked to be catered to.

There's a song about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4

Mar 08 15 08:54 am Link