login info join!
Forums > Events > Outside US > Sept 2 Mexican Cruiseshoot / Cabo-Puerta Vallerta Search   Reply
first8485868788899091last
Photographer
ASK Photography
Posts: 37
Huntington Beach, California, US


greetings,  i would like to post some images, but not sure how 2,  Please HBO,  Thanks!
Oct 06 12 10:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


ASK Photography:

HBO? http://www.acronymfinder.com/HBO.html
Help a Brother Out?

First post somewhere.
Second post the link here.
Specific instructions in previous posts a few pages back--page 84,
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … 77&page=84
Sep 29 12 12:25 am

Does this help you out adequately?

If not, when you attempt to post to the thread by hitting "Reply" at bottom right of thread you should see
"How to post photos, links, change font, etc" 
which I think resolves to:
"http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=14609"

I did NOT find it helpful but that was in part because someone sat with me and gave individualized instruction! Thanks to Clarkmesiter.

RSVP
Oct 06 12 10:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ASK Photography
Posts: 37
Huntington Beach, California, US


Thanks JT,  4 helping a brother out!  i'll give it a try
Oct 06 12 10:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


JimLeePhotography wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121006/04/5070169db184c.jpg

Kudos on a GREAT shot here Jim... borat

Oct 06 12 10:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


I'm gonna be posting a few dozen (what I consider to be) fantastic images from this cruise on page one starting early next week... stay tuned... borat
Oct 06 12 12:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


Yani S wrote:
Ya the wind was out of control but some of use knew how to flow with it...
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120929/14/5067620a5f732.jpg

One of MANY rockin pics from the Yanimeister on the cruise... kudos amigo... borat

Oct 06 12 01:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
You may call me Celine
Posts: 166
Los Angeles, California, US


I'm going to chime in here...

It is incredibly obvious that there were some 'favorite' models whose pictures are posted consistently on this thread.  However, I would like to take this time to remind you that EACH model...whether she was YOUR favorite or not...should be afforded the common decency of a little effort on your part to edit an image that she may be able to use in her portfolio or for self promotion.  EACH model worked for this and being ignored is simply rude and downright mean. 

Is it too much to ask that you pick ONE image to edit for EACH model you shot BEFORE you spend hours editing ALL of your favorite model's shots? 

I know I was not a favorite...I never expected to be.  I know that some of you who shot with me did so reluctantly and it is obvious from some of the unedited shots some of you have provided me.  I can see the caliber of your work with other models and I would rather have not worked with some of you than to be treated like the dirt beneath your feet.

All I ever expected from anybody on this cruise was to be respected...as anybody should be.  Yet I wasn't.  Believe me when I say that a negative comment can do more harm than the combination of all of the fantastic shots you post of your favored models.

No disrespect to the models as I know we ALL worked hard for these photos.  And no disrespect meant to those photographers who have shown me the utmost respect...you know who you are.  If you don't know, feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to let you know.
Oct 06 12 02:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark G Bissell
Posts: 442
Jacksonville, North Carolina, US


Celine, Probably not my place to step in yet if you shot with specific photographers and you want photos from them, why not email them directly. Probably not the right place or forum to get the results you are looking for.

I did not shoot with every model and work full time. Trying to get the the models I did shoot with images they are looking for takes time.

"Honey will attract more than vinegar"

My 2 cents,

Mark
Oct 06 12 03:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Stone Imaging
Posts: 625
Seattle, Washington, US


You may call me Celine wrote:
I'm going to chime in here...

It is incredibly obvious that there were some 'favorite' models whose pictures are posted consistently on this thread. 

Is it too much to ask that you pick ONE image to edit for EACH model you shot BEFORE you spend hours editing ALL of your favorite model's shots? 

I know I was not a favorite...I never expected to be.

Celine...just so you know...you were one of my favorite models!  Why? Because you were the only one that asked me to photograph them, and you were very easy to work with. But I have to say that all of the ones I got to work with were great.  When it comes to our shoot, the beach conditions were hostile, and I am going to pay a retoucher to work with a few RAW images I think were really nice of you (because the learning curve on RAW files is very steep on this for me and I'm not there yet).

When it comes to "favorite" models being posted here, it seems the same people are the regular posters, and are often posting the same models.

I can't speak for any other photographer, but I have over 7000 images from just 15 models.  Sorting and rating these is very time consuming, and I have to do this AFTER my normal daily life.  I've also been sidetracked with some special requests from a few models.

I hope to have some images to post very soon with yours among them.

Oct 06 12 03:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


You may call me Celine wrote:
I'm going to chime in here...

It is incredibly obvious that there were some 'favorite' models whose pictures are posted consistently on this thread.  However, I would like to take this time to remind you that EACH model...whether she was YOUR favorite or not...should be afforded the common decency of a little effort on your part to edit an image that she may be able to use in her portfolio or for self promotion.  EACH model worked for this and being ignored is simply rude and downright mean. 

Is it too much to ask that you pick ONE image to edit for EACH model you shot BEFORE you spend hours editing ALL of your favorite model's shots? 

I know I was not a favorite...I never expected to be.  I know that some of you who shot with me did so reluctantly and it is obvious from some of the unedited shots some of you have provided me.  I can see the caliber of your work with other models and I would rather have not worked with some of you than to be treated like the dirt beneath your feet.

All I ever expected from anybody on this cruise was to be respected...as anybody should be.  Yet I wasn't.  Believe me when I say that a negative comment can do more harm than the combination of all of the fantastic shots you post of your favored models.

No disrespect to the models as I know we ALL worked hard for these photos.  And no disrespect meant to those photographers who have shown me the utmost respect...you know who you are.  If you don't know, feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to let you know.

OK... I need to chime in here...

Come on Celine... did ANYONE on this cruise treat you like 'dirt beneath their feet'... Hell no!  You were invited to every social function available, as well as all of the formal dinners, and you attended many of them.  I told you a few weeks before the cruise even set sail, that because you paid for this cruise on your own... we're not sponsored by any photographer... and that you attended this cruise primarily as a vacation with both of your sons and your dog... you couldn't honestly hope to get the kind of photographic attention that all of the sponsored models were getting... and that's pretty much the way it worked out.  There was at least one instance where we had a shoot, and you didn't make yourself available... saying that you had to pass because of some drama the boys were putting you thru.  You already have a few images from this cruiseshoot on your MM port that you're received some positive comments on.

Everyone at this event welcomed you with open arms thru-out the whole cruise, and considering the situation, I think you should consider yourself fortunate to get what you've received so far... wink

Oct 06 12 03:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


When I did the cost-per-image estimates I noted that the distribution was skewed.
I deliberately didn't post my findings because they might draw unwarranted attention to the inequities of life.
I have discussed more than once how to make this entire image production process efficient and emotionally painless...sans success.
BUMMER.
Oct 06 12 03:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
C.C. Holdings
Posts: 594
New York, New York, US


Select Models wrote:
OK... I need to chime in here...

Come on Celine... did ANYONE on this cruise treat you like 'dirt beneath their feet'... Hell no!  You were invited to every social function available, as well as all of the formal dinners, and you attended many of them.  I told you a few weeks before the cruise even set sail, that because you paid for this cruise on your own... we're not sponsored by any photographer... and that you attended this cruise primarily as a vacation with both of your sons and your dog... you couldn't honestly hope to get the kind of photographic attention that all of the sponsored models were getting... and that's pretty much the way it worked out.  There was at least one instance where we had a shoot, and you didn't make yourself available... saying that you had to pass because of some drama the boys were putting you thru.  You already have a few images from this cruiseshoot on your MM port that you're received some positive comments on.

Everyone at this event welcomed you with open arms thru-out the whole cruise, and considering the situation, I think you should consider yourself fortunate to get what you've received so far... wink

thanks for chiming in Gary!

I have a couple thousand images featuring maybe 6 models:

the model I sponsored,
an island adventure with another,
a duo I organized a shoot with before the cruise,
and a couple of other adventures

and then maybe less than 5 or 10 photos for each of all the other models I shot, this wasn't intentional but I wonder if other photographers can relate to that

Oct 06 12 04:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
You may call me Celine
Posts: 166
Los Angeles, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Come on Celine... did ANYONE on this cruise treat you like 'dirt beneath their feet'...

I wasn't just speaking about ME in the first couple of paragraphs. 

Yes, Gary, there were a few who did believe it or not...though they will remain un-named as that is not who I am.  I am NOT complaining about the photos I have been provided with.  Nor am I commenting about those...such as yourself...who treated me kindly.

I wanted to go on this cruise.  I knew it would be difficult with my kids and I knew I would miss out on some of the opportunities.  That was never in question. 

JUST because I paid my own way and was not sponsored by a photographer...JUST because my kids were there...that is no reason for those who treated me badly to have done so...

How I was treated affected me for a few weeks.  I know it takes a strong willed person to make it in this business and I'm back to the me who had the confidence to do what I did. 

Let's let this subject lie.  I'm a better person for what I experienced...

Oct 06 12 05:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


SHORT philosophical perspective:
Watched "Amazing Grace" http://amazinggracemovie.com/
Our accommodations on our ship were FAR superior...and so was our treatment of each other!
As far as I know, on our "arduous" voyage, no one was in shackles (unless they chose to be :-), no one was branded, no one was thrown overboard, the ship remained afloat!

I seek not to excuse bad behavior, just to give some slight philosophical perspective.
Oct 06 12 07:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Stone Imaging
Posts: 625
Seattle, Washington, US


C.C. Holdings  wrote:
I have a couple thousand images featuring maybe 6 models.

"...and then maybe less than 5 or 10 photos for each of all the other models I shot, this wasn't intentional but I wonder if other photographers can relate to that?

I can certainly relate. I found that "shoot opportunities" played a big part in all of this, and that the group shoot opportunities evaporated quickly.  I usually had to find a model that was being photographed and just wait for an opening.  This burned a lot of time.  Also, some models never seemed to leave their sponsors, and the sooner I realized who was sponsored by whom, the sooner I learned to look for someone else.

Gwen was also a great help, as I met other models through her.  Looking back, I could have been a lot more "productive" if I had done things differently.  I knew this would be a major learning experience, which it was, and next year...I will be ready for anything!  smile

Oct 06 12 08:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


David Lumen Photography wrote:
Also, some models never seemed to leave their sponsors, and the sooner I realized who was sponsored by whom, the sooner I learned to look for someone else.

And this shit is NOT gonna happen on the next cruiseshoot.  Photographers will be REQUIRED to do a separate 2 hour one on one shoot of their sponsored model AWAY from the groupshoot environment, so that other photographers will feel comfortable photographing their sponsored model during the groupshoot.  I'm going to STRICTLY enforce that rule on next years cruiseshoot... because being alienated during the groupshoot and watching photographers playing favorites is a very uncomfortable feeling for the rest of the photographers in the group, and that's NOT gonna happen next time around.  When a photographer signs on to next years cruiseshoot, both he and his invited model WILL follow those guidelines.  If you don't like that format, then I suggest you DO NOT ATTEND!

Oct 06 12 08:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark G Bissell
Posts: 442
Jacksonville, North Carolina, US


I think This Thread Needs Andriana and Some Happy Times to Remember  ~

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/mgabissell/Andriana-4a_zpsebdc8deb.jpg
Oct 06 12 08:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 06 12 08:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 06 12 08:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 06 12 09:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark G Bissell
Posts: 442
Jacksonville, North Carolina, US


Oct 06 12 09:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 06 12 09:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 06 12 09:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
F-stop Jonny
Posts: 92
Dallas, Texas, US


Post hidden on Oct 07, 2012 06:36 pm
Reason: 18+ Images
Oct 06 12 09:36 pm  Link 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 06 12 09:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


Aren't these fascinating fotos MUCH more fun that those filosofical [sic] discussions? LOL [rhetorical question. I don't expect a response!]
Oct 06 12 10:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
I'm gonna be posting a few dozen (what I consider to be) fantastic images from this cruise on page one starting early next week... stay tuned... borat

WOW... guess I'll have to wait til the rest of the pics get posted... huh... wink

Oct 06 12 10:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


F-Stop Jonny:
U r good! 😉
Thank you.
Oct 07 12 12:06 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark G Bissell
Posts: 442
Jacksonville, North Carolina, US


Select Models wrote:

WOW... guess I'll have to wait til the rest of the pics get posed... huh... wink

Think So Gary, Loving the Photos !!!

Oct 07 12 12:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark G Bissell
Posts: 442
Jacksonville, North Carolina, US


Miss Gina
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/mgabissell/Gina-Lazo-0755-Edit-web_zpsb8e4b806.jpg
Oct 07 12 01:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


KUTGW! 😊
Oct 07 12 10:01 am  Link  Quote 
Model
emelle
Posts: 105
San Francisco, California, US


Post hidden on Oct 07, 2012 06:36 pm
Reason: 18+ Images
Oct 07 12 10:07 am  Link 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Well I finally learned how to post pics.
You need to have your pics already loaded on the web somewhere like your MM profile or in Picasa, Photobucket etc.. 
This allows you to get a URL string by right clicking there on image and selecting "Copy Image URL".
Then go here to forum and hit "Reply"
Type [img]then paste the image URL, followed by typing[/img]
Oct 07 12 10:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-Ira
Posts: 2,178
New York, New York, US


F-stop Jonny wrote:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564900_431480266910463_926447215_n.jpg

Love the reflection here.

Oct 07 12 10:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bob-W
Posts: 188
Simi Valley, California, US


Oct 07 12 10:43 am  Link  Quote 
Model
emelle
Posts: 105
San Francisco, California, US


-Ira wrote:

Love the reflection here.

Yes I agree, wow! Way to go !

Oct 07 12 12:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FotoGregg
Posts: 1,022
Riverside, California, US


F-stop Jonny wrote:
and I still haven't had time to touch my favorite set from the shoot . . . (can you say "gingerfro")

Great images, but it would be nice if you gave the models credit so us "thread lurkers" could know who they are.

Oct 07 12 02:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FFantastique
Posts: 652
Orlando, Florida, US


Bewitching, color corrected or not! 😉
Oct 07 12 02:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jin N Tonic
Posts: 170
Los Angeles, California, US


FotoGregg wrote:

Great images, but it would be nice if you gave the models credit so us "thread lurkers" could know who they are.

lol thread lurkers like you, gregg?? hee hee ;D

Oct 07 12 03:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,432
Upland, California, US


FotoGregg wrote:

Great images, but it would be nice if you gave the models credit so us "thread lurkers" could know who they are.

Hey Gregg... all models are listed on page one... do your homework... lol

Oct 07 12 03:36 pm  Link  Quote 
first8485868788899091last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers