login info join!
Forums > Critique > i LIST your best - You pick my weakest Search   Reply
first12345last
Photographer
PR Zone
Posts: 670
London, England, United Kingdom


For me, this one has a model that doesn't look comfortable, with very flat lighting and my eye is not sure where to go. It will score big, no doubt, for anyone with a thing for feet, but apart from that it doesn't 'pop' the way most of your stuff does...  http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31111675

I love this shot (and the model), but the crop seems forced to me. Would have loved to see her just a little closer to the centre (just a touch)... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30680120

You have a lot of good photos, but - for me - this one captures the pure GORGEOUSNESS of the model... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28888321

Overall, you have obvious skill, and eye and a rapport with the models...   The only thing I'd change in many of them is the crop...  But that's SO much to do with personal taste - please feel free to ignore me :-)
Jan 06 13 01:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Keira Sibali
Posts: 189
Oakland, New Jersey, US


All your photos are great, but this one just isn't as interesting to me as the others:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/19/50a9aa74f0129_m.jpg

I think this is one of your best:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121116/04/50a634a25b3eb_m.jpg

My eye was drawn to it right away!
Jan 06 13 03:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura1982
Posts: 81
Eaton, Ohio, US


Goat Farm Project wrote:

You're right.  Maybe i should photoshop the background a solid color.

This is very natural and you look great:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121226/11/50db4cf8cf687_m.jpg

Thanks, I would like to add some color to my lips on this and brighten my eyes. A photographer did it and it looked great but I can't upload from my iPad.

Jan 06 13 04:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Lizzy Takahashi wrote:
I'd drop your avatar.

Okay, thanks.

I love this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130106/00/50e9376b1f0be_m.jpg

Jan 06 13 06:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
winking_wonder
Posts: 5,321
New York, New York, US


Your weakest (it's just not flattering to the model):
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120621/11/4fe3635eced1a_m.jpg
Jan 06 13 06:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Maruschke
Posts: 543
Darfield, Canterbury, New Zealand


You have gorgeous shots in there but i choose this one, I think this is your weakest. smile

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31111674
Jan 06 13 07:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


PR Zone wrote:
For me, this one has a model that doesn't look comfortable, with very flat lighting and my eye is not sure where to go. It will score big, no doubt, for anyone with a thing for feet, but apart from that it doesn't 'pop' the way most of your stuff does...  http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31111675

I love this shot (and the model), but the crop seems forced to me. Would have loved to see her just a little closer to the centre (just a touch)... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30680120

You have a lot of good photos, but - for me - this one captures the pure GORGEOUSNESS of the model... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28888321

Overall, you have obvious skill, and eye and a rapport with the models...   The only thing I'd change in many of them is the crop...  But that's SO much to do with personal taste - please feel free to ignore me :-)

Really appreciate the feedback.  You're not the first to mention my cropping technique.  I'm working on it though, lol.

Your port was a pleasure to browse through.  (Half cup of coffee)  I love this shot:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120602/05/4fca08ab26a63_m.jpg

Jan 07 13 03:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


PR Zone wrote:
For me, this one has a model that doesn't look comfortable, with very flat lighting and my eye is not sure where to go. It will score big, no doubt, for anyone with a thing for feet, but apart from that it doesn't 'pop' the way most of your stuff does...  http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31111675

I love this shot (and the model), but the crop seems forced to me. Would have loved to see her just a little closer to the centre (just a touch)... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30680120

You have a lot of good photos, but - for me - this one captures the pure GORGEOUSNESS of the model... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28888321

Overall, you have obvious skill, and eye and a rapport with the models...   The only thing I'd change in many of them is the crop...  But that's SO much to do with personal taste - please feel free to ignore me :-)

This one is nice too:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120122/16/4f1ca9d38ea89_m.jpg

Jan 07 13 03:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PR Zone
Posts: 670
London, England, United Kingdom


Lot of time/work to do what you've done here... BIG THANK YOU for the effort :-)
Jan 07 13 03:42 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Barely StL
Posts: 733
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


I'll play.

You have some good stuff in your portfolio, but there are also some that, while they aren't awful, don't seem to belong in the same portfolio with your best.

In this one, the model looks pretty enough. I just don't get the point of the photo.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121130/15/50b93b481c3e7_m.jpg

The cropping of this one looks strange to me, but like I said, it isn't awful.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/09/50a9144dded1b_m.jpg

This one isn't awful, either, but it's a split profile, and it isn't very flattering to the model. Also, I would have turned the camera a little more to the left to get the model a little farther from the center of the photo (to the right). I hesitate to mentions it though, because if it were a nude, someone would just print it in black and white and submit it to a gallery.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121206/07/50c0b6cfe677f_m.jpg
Jan 07 13 04:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Kyra Elle wrote:
All your photos are great, but this one just isn't as interesting to me as the others:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/19/50a9aa74f0129_m.jpg

I think this is one of your best:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121116/04/50a634a25b3eb_m.jpg

My eye was drawn to it right away!

Thanks!

Love this - so flirty:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130104/17/50e77b508a679_m.jpg

Jan 07 13 02:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Keira Sibali
Posts: 189
Oakland, New Jersey, US


Goat Farm Project wrote:

Thanks!

Love this - so flirty:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130104/17/50e77b508a679_m.jpg

Gracias! And thanks for listing smile

Jan 07 13 03:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


winking_wonder wrote:
Your weakest (it's just not flattering to the model):
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120621/11/4fe3635eced1a_m.jpg

That pic seems to be either love or hate for a lot of people.

This is my fav of yours:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130101/01/50e2b31491612_m.jpg

Jan 08 13 02:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Maruschke wrote:
You have gorgeous shots in there but i choose this one, I think this is your weakest. smile

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31111674

Thought i already dropped that one, lol.

This one is amazing:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130108/10/50ec699cb34bc_m.jpg

Jan 08 13 02:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Philipp-T
Posts: 84
Freiburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany


These are my least favourite pictures from your portfolio:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121124/07/50b0e962c6515_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/19/50a9aa74f0129_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121130/15/50b93b481c3e7_m.jpg
Jan 08 13 02:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Barely StL wrote:
I'll play.

You have some good stuff in your portfolio, but there are also some that, while they aren't awful, don't seem to belong in the same portfolio with your best.

In this one, the llama looks pretty enough. I just don't get the point of the photo.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121130/15/50b93b481c3e7_m.jpg

The cropping of this one looks strange to me, but like I said, it isn't awful.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/09/50a9144dded1b_m.jpg

This one isn't awful, either, but it's a split profile, and it isn't very flattering to the llama. Also, I would have turned the camera a little more to the left to get the llama a little farther from the center of the photo (to the right). I hesitate to mentions it though, because if it were a nude, someone would just print it in black and white and submit it to a gallery.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121206/07/50c0b6cfe677f_m.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.  Your port is awesome.  Spent some quality time roaming around.  This is my favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121113/03/50a2323799e04_m.jpg

Jan 08 13 04:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Philipp-T wrote:
These are my least favourite pictures from your portfolio:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121124/07/50b0e962c6515_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/19/50a9aa74f0129_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121130/15/50b93b481c3e7_m.jpg

Thanks brother!

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121212/06/50c898b4a93f9_m.jpg

Jan 09 13 02:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Daniel Pierce
Posts: 626
Burbank, California, US


A lot are close, but this one nails all the areas and has the dark mysterious sensibility I enjoy in art:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130108/17/50ecc7cc05f11_m.jpg
Jan 09 13 02:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Daniel Pierce
Posts: 626
Burbank, California, US


This would be the least of the bunch:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121223/19/50d7d2ab2e200_m.jpg

The background's color and vibrancy distracts from the model.

Most of your work is solid though. Really like the dark textured material.
Jan 09 13 02:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Loria Harrison
Posts: 1,757
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, US


This is my least favorite.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121206/07/50c0b6cfe677f_m.jpg

and i left you a pic comment on my fav. Please read my profile before viewing my port.
thanks,
Loria
Jan 09 13 03:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nor-Cal Photography
Posts: 2,452
Walnut Creek, California, US


This is my pick for least favorite:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121126/20/50b4480a96f7c_m.jpg

because of the smile and squinty eyes.  Just doesn't seem to fit.

But just one worthless opinion.   smile
Jan 09 13 03:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Depthpersuasion wrote:
This would be the least of the bunch:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121223/19/50d7d2ab2e200_m.jpg

The background's color and vibrancy distracts from the model.

Most of your work is solid though. Really like the dark textured material.

Appreciate the feedback!  Your whole port is amazing but this is extraordinary:  http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090417/22/49e964c337037_m.jpg

Jan 09 13 05:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
New Image Creations
Posts: 409
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada


Awesome portfolio! I couldn't pick a least fav other than this one and it's only the shadow that bugs me...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30819630
Jan 09 13 05:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Loria Harrison wrote:
This is my least favorite.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121206/07/50c0b6cfe677f_m.jpg

and i left you a pic comment on my fav. Please read my profile before viewing my port.
thanks,
Loria

Thank you.  I love this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111210/22/4ee4526c7389f_m.jpg

Jan 09 13 06:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Anchor Photo
Posts: 122
MCHENRY, Illinois, US


There is something in most all your shots that I like whether it is the location, lighting, pose, or emotion shown. This ones background with the brightness does seem to take the attention from the model....

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31067775#
Jan 09 13 06:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Christoff Smit
Posts: 296
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa


Soooo hard to choose, you have amazing shots.

If i have to choose, this one. http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30686642
Jan 09 13 06:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jojo West
Posts: 969
Silver Spring, Maryland, US


Probably this one, she just looks uncomfortable and not like she did it on purpose (posing). It seems a bit off in my humble opinion

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/19/50a9aa74f0129.jpg
Jan 10 13 08:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Catalin Palosanu
Posts: 65
Bacău, Bacău, Romania


This is definitely your worst...looks like a facebook type of picture
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121017/12/507f01ed8f551_m.jpg
Jan 10 13 11:38 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amelia Rouge
Posts: 114
Anaheim, California, US


How about me?
I looked through your port, and I don't know if I saw any weak ones
Jan 10 13 01:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Nor-Cal Photography wrote:
This is my pick for least favorite:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121126/20/50b4480a96f7c_m.jpg

because of the smile and squinty eyes.  Just doesn't seem to fit.

But just one worthless opinion.   smile

But it's a neighbor...
Love this one.  So creative:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/19743404

Jan 10 13 06:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


New Image Creations wrote:
Awesome portfolio! I couldn't pick a least fav other than this one and it's only the shadow that bugs me...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30819630

Thanks!

Hang this on the wall:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120412/09/4f8700221ca65_m.jpg

Jan 10 13 06:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Anchor Photo wrote:
There is something in most all your shots that I like whether it is the location, lighting, pose, or emotion shown. This ones background with the brightness does seem to take the attention from the llama....

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31067775#

Thanks!

This is awesome:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120421/14/4f93268492a67_m.jpg

Jan 10 13 06:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Christoff Smit wrote:
Soooo hard to choose, you have amazing shots.

If i have to choose, this one. http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30686642

Thanks!

I like the MTB shot but this is badass:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120521/04/4fba227b78845_m.jpg

Jan 10 13 06:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Jojo West wrote:
Probably this one, she just looks uncomfortable and not like she did it on purpose (posing). It seems a bit off in my humble opinion

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121118/19/50a9aa74f0129.jpg

Good eye!  It was her first shoot and our 2nd or 3rd...
Love this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121120/17/50ac2c893c706_m.jpg

Jan 10 13 06:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Catalin Palosanu wrote:
This is definitely your worst...looks like a facebook type of picture
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121017/12/507f01ed8f551_m.jpg

That's not my picture.  But i agree with you.

Jan 10 13 06:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Goat Farm Project
Posts: 329
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Amelia Rouge wrote:
How about me?
I looked through your port, and I don't know if I saw any weak ones

Thanks!

This is my favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121007/18/50722642ad879_m.jpg

Jan 11 13 08:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Brightonn
Posts: 234
New Orleans, Louisiana, US


I find you include a high number of expressive poses.  This one didn't capture me with equal passion:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121206/06/50c0ac06a482a_m.jpg
Jan 12 13 08:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kess M
Posts: 8,464
Brooklyn, New York, US


hard to choose one that sticks out, but maybe this-
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28781713
in general it just doesn't pop, and the focus feels a little soft
or this http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30819630 because the edit on the skin feels a little plastic bunny
Jan 12 13 08:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mask Photo
Posts: 1,371
Fremont, California, US


Brightonn wrote:
I find you include a high number of expressive poses.  This one didn't capture me with equal passion:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121206/06/50c0ac06a482a_m.jpg

I also think this one should go. it's a little bit muddy, a little unsharp, i'm losing her in the busyness of the background, and she doesn't look like a "model" but is wearing a fairly provocative top. She looks like a high school senior trying to "sex it up", and it just feels a little inappropriate.

Jan 12 13 08:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Christoff Smit
Posts: 296
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa


You honestly don't have any bad shots, lol!

If i have to choose now, ill say this one. http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31223650
Jan 14 13 12:35 am  Link  Quote 
first12345last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers