Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What if it was Rich White People?

Photographer

Belair

Downers Grove, Illinois, US

What if Katrina roared thru the Hamptons, or Boca Raton?  What if it was rich White people who were stranded?

Would XtremeArtist and band of Nihilist Commies be wailing so loud?

Or, would XtremeArtist be applauding Katrina as, "The Great Equalizer - The Great Liberator of Oppressed Peoples?"

Sep 04 05 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Where are you from?  Nihilist commies?  You need to lay off the drugs and stay away from keyboards.

Sep 04 05 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:
Where are you from?  Nihilist commies?  You need to lay off the drugs and stay away from keyboards.

Sorry, Jeff...you can't fly under the radar on this.

Sep 04 05 12:08 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

If the Hamptons had flooded, the area would have been evacuated at least 4 days earlier.

Rich white people don't get stranded because they have the means not to.

Sep 04 05 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

theda wrote:
If the Hamptons had flooded, the area would have been evacuated at least 4 days earlier.

Yeah I'm sooo sure.

Sep 04 05 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Yeah I'm sooo sure?

I must say, Belair (is that your name?), your rhetoric is brilliantly and surgically sharp, well-argued and based upon facts.  Who can argue with this mountainous wall of logic?  Huzzah!

Sep 04 05 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:
Yeah I'm sooo sure?

I must say, Belair (is that your name?), your rhetoric is brilliantly and surgically sharp, well-argued and based upon facts.  Who can argue with this mountainous wall of logic?  Huzzah!

You're still a dumbfucker...you haven't convinced me otherwise.

Sep 04 05 12:17 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Since when was name-calling like this allowed? And since when did it considered mature?

Sep 04 05 12:21 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Lora wrote:
Since when was name-calling like this allowed? And since when did it considered mature?

It's not, and if the members can't discuss this without resorting to name-calling, I'm going to start handing out the mass bannings.

Sep 04 05 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Belair wrote:
What if Katrina roared thru the Hamptons, or Boca Raton?

Dude, it already happens. Look at some of those sailboats toothpicked in the NOAA photos - those are multi-hundred-thousand-dollar sailboats. Hurricanes hit North Carolina all the time, and there are a lot of multimillion-dollar homes that get soaked. Last years' big hurricane (I forget what it was) I saw pictures of some guy's LearJet snapped in half (Ow!! $12 million down the drain!)

Rich people are insured, mobile, and able to fix their own problems. When you've got a lot to lose you understand how much you've got to lose and are grateful when you don't lose it all.

GWC!

Sep 04 05 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Belair wrote:

theda wrote:

Yeah I'm sooo sure.

Well, assuming they weren't already out of town as this is no doubt their second home, perhaps third, I would have to laugh my ass off if their excuse was I had no way to leave.. What was the problem, couldn't deceide which car the save??  The BMW, Mercedes, Jag, Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari or Lamborguine??? 

If your attempting to say they wouldn't have the means to get out of harms way, then it's not the sand you have your head stuck in...  *insert your favorite area for insertation of cranium*  Mind you, anyone who has the means to evacuate the coastline, rich/poor, white/black/hispanic/asian, Dem/Rep, and does not, will get a hardy round of laughter from me.. That may be cruel, but living in a coastal region that has suffered the wrath of storms, I don't stay when i can get out..

Sep 04 05 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Name calling is just so inappropriate

Sep 04 05 12:24 pm Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

For one thing the rich white people would have left. These people over in new orleans and surrounding areas that stayed were people that did not have the means, transportation or the money to actually leave. There were lots of others that did not want to leave their place, but a lot of these people were not rich enough.  there are a lot of factors  though. I mean they were trying to help, but our military too had to protect themselves.  Especially our military. And you have water everywhere, how do you land a plane? All that is a lot to think about

Sep 04 05 12:25 pm Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

and another thing almost every year we have a huge disaster. Florida had it, now new orleans, a few years ago the world trade center.  I always expect the worse each year, because something will always happen. That is why it is so important to keep donating to the red cross year round..smile

Sep 04 05 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Belair wrote:

You're still a dumbfucker...you haven't convinced me otherwise.

Comments like this only reinforce the fact that when someone doesn't get the reaction THEY deem proper, they resort to child like antics of name calling.. Last time I checked, there is a little thing called freedom of speech and the right to disagree.. But childish name calling only lowers the intellect of the individual doing the name calling...

Lets all try to be professional and intellegent in our writings..  Lets put it this way, would you 1) say that to the persons face and 2) would you carry on like this with a client...  If you answer no to either one of these, then don't do it here.....

Sep 04 05 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ken Mierzwa wrote:
Name calling is just so inappropriate

Yes, you're right.  But I argued facts in another thread, citing Scientific American, the Coast 2050 project, FEMA and its head, Chertkoff.  As a result I've been labelled a commie, unpatriotic, and a dumbfucker.  I shouldn't take the bait, but I can't help it sometimes.

The people we need to help the most are the poor, mainly Black families that have walked out of NO with nothing.  We need to remember them in a month or a year when the drama has lessened.  That's my unpatriotic message for Belair and his ilk.

Sep 04 05 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

terminated user

Henderson, Nevada, US

While it's a great thing to donate to the Red  Cross - It's pathetic that our country can send millions of dollars to help out after a natural disater in another country, but we  have to rely on citizen donations and telethons to get any additinoal help other than the Chief of Staff letting everyone know that New Orleans is declared a disaster area....Also watch for gas prices to fall after Labor Day, since the big kickbacks will be over for him and his family after the holiday when he releases oil from the National reserves....Just my 2 cents.

barry
(Hurricane Camille survivor Biloxi 69)

Sep 04 05 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

theda wrote:

It's not, and if the members can't discuss this without resorting to name-calling, I'm going to start handing out the mass bannings.

Only to those who you disagree with...right?

Selective rule enforcement.

JP

Sep 04 05 12:36 pm Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

LMAO

Photographer

studiomona

theda wrote:

Is this name calling enough for you and the rest? 
>

come on, play fair.

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Well, we have to keep in mind, it's this admin that didn't act too fast in regards to the disasters, albeit financial, because of the likes of Enron, WorldCom and Adelphia.. How many peoples lives changed becuase of the abuses of Enron alone.. Employees were asked to buy more of Enron stocks while the head exec. were selling theirs.. Execs that were supportors of this admin...

Disasters happen in many forms and it's usually the least able to absorb the costs that suffer the most.. The poor in the case of Katrina or the working stiff trying to save for the future while possible working paycheck to paycheck...

Sep 04 05 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:

theda wrote:

>

come on, play fair.

Are you saying that is equal to calling someone a dumbfucker???  banghead  You've got to be kidding me!!!!  That's a little like telling your wife the dress she's wearing looks small on her versus saying she looks like 2 bit F-in' slut...

Sep 04 05 12:41 pm Link

Model

LORA

John Paul wrote:

Only to those who you disagree with...right?

Selective rule enforcement.

JP

I think she was referring to Belaire saying "You're still a dumbfucker..."

Sep 04 05 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Lora wrote:

You thought wrong..go to the Genocide thread dear.

Sep 04 05 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:

Lora wrote:

Well dear, then why did it follow his "dumbfucker" comment?? Please don't be condencending..

Sep 04 05 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

theda wrote:

>

come on, play fair.

Sep 04 05 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

Lora wrote:

Sep 04 05 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Granted, a lot of the stranded are kids and the infirm, and the elderly.

But ya know what?

I'm seeing an awful lot of young, able-bodied adults in these pix that XA has so graciously plastered all over this board.

It looks to me like these folks had plenty of money for bling-bling, 21" wheels for their rides, X-boxes, cell phones, and i-Pods.  Isn't it a shame the didn't put a little away in a "Get the phac out of Nawlins" fund?

Sep 04 05 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

theda wrote:

>

come on, play fair.

Sep 04 05 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Lora wrote:

LOL......you should have read her PM to me about the "posting rules"..

..and since then........  LMAO!!!!!  (shaking my head)..

I mean like......should I have to provide an example..??  It's not like there aren't a zillion or so to choose from..

It's all about who the mods like around here... there are no standards, no principals....no integrity here.....it's all based on who your friends are..

There have been cases where MM members have threatened to hurt other MM members here, in addition to using naughty words........that person is still here.. the topic was locked down, so it wasn't like no mod ever saw it..

BTW, there are some decent discussions on other sites where they do actually delete members who break the posting rules.......it's not like they have to do it a thousand times in order for the mods to take any action either.....this place doesn't seem to mind any posting infraction, and for a mod to even suggest a threat to ban someone here for a one word reply that contained the F-word is just silly IMO.

JP

Sep 04 05 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

Lora wrote:

Sep 04 05 12:56 pm Link

Model

LORA

Here's the thing: I DIDN'T READ HER PM TO YOU. And I don't know when calling someone a "dumbfucker" was ever appropriate... excuse me if I missed that thread.

So calm down. Damn. I'm going to enjoy some BBQ. Have a great day all....

Sep 04 05 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

What if it was Rich White People?

https://www.theatregroup.org/playbill/pigsfly/images/pigs.gif

Sep 04 05 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Lora wrote:
Here's the thing: I DIDN'T READ HER PM TO YOU. And I don't know when calling someone a "dumbfucker" was ever appropriate... excuse me if I missed that thread.

Generally, calling someone a dumbfucker is not appropriate...that is why I save it for special cases.

Sep 04 05 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Lora wrote:

LOL.... I'm not upset..... nope..

I was just thinking....I should post it.... I think that would be a forum infraction too right? LOL.. It's not like anything would ever happen....oh but wait....I probably would get in trouble because she doesn't care for me all that much.....I'll just keep it to myself..  big_smile

JP

Sep 04 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Belair wrote:

Lora wrote:

Generally, calling someone a dumbfucker is not appropriate...that is why I save it for special cases.

Oh, so on those special occasions that you can't think intellectually, you stoop to childish name calling... I see you were raised well...

Sep 04 05 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Belair wrote:

Lora wrote:

Oh, so on those special occasions that you can't think intellectually, you stoop to childish name calling... I see you were raised well...

I thought that I had stooped to a level that you would understand...sorry for underestimating you.

Sep 04 05 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Belair wrote:

Yeah I'm sooo sure.

Belair, I am a conservative...and I have to ask you to stop.  You are not helping...you are becoming the Yin to Xtremes Yang.  Sometimes you are on point others...well you are just stiring trouble.

Sep 04 05 01:09 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

You mean this thread, John Paul?

You don't do anything around here do you..

John Paul
Wisconsin

Ok... now,..just because I am contacting you out of anger doesn't mean I am stalking you... I just want you to know that..

So, what do you do here anyway?

You lock down topics... Ok..

I see fucks, cunts, assholes, motherfuckers, shits, god damns, fuckheads, pussies, etc..etc.. being dropped here ALL the time.. and I never see any action taken...so, I thought I'd drop a few in the open as well to be just like them.. then we have this coward who obviously has absolutely nothing to do with the industry in any way, shape or form BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING DOG!!! .....and breaking the rules right there.. Why don't you delete these before the site turns into what it already has...? A ZOO!! / 3 RING CIRCUS!!

I used to really really like this site...I have brought tons of people here.. I have taken an active part in the discussions on this site, and I see the same jackasses ruin it day after day after day and people wonder why the rats are left with the ship......it's because the real people are leaving, and or not participating here anymore..

I get it....the "rules" are not really enforced....they are there to look good in "paper" form only..to welcome people in and to make them believe that this site really cares.....however, actions speak louder than words..

JP
  07/01/05 12:42 AM

theda
New York

There is no rule against swearing.

And lucky for you, there isn't any rule against whining like a little bitch.

However, there IS a rule about using copyrighted material like that picture of Joey. So remove it or see how much I "don't do."
(Message read)   07/01/05 1:11 AM

John Paul
Wisconsin
    [1] Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. Please keep profanity and gratuitously inflammatory language to a minimum. Personal attacks will not be tolerated on ModelMayhem.com.

You obviously haven't even read my letter to you you bitch!
  07/01/05 1:16 AM

John Paul
Wisconsin

Shoot... I thought I could "edit" that... Ok... fine... I deleted the rule breaking matter.. the "bitch" comment was me blowing off steam.. the letter to you was because I actually care about this site believe it or not..otherwise I would have simply left.

I have seen flaming and name calling, and even took part in some myself recently after watching it go on for several weeks untouched..

What's going on here??

JP
  07/01/05 1:32 AM

theda
New York
    [9] MEMBER DISPUTES. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. ModelMayhem.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
(Message read)   07/01/05 1:42 AM

John Paul
Wisconsin
    Ok... I see that you read the messages.... now, could we talk?

xxx-xxx-xxxx

JP
  07/01/05 1:42 AM

theda
New York
    On the phone? No.
(Message read)   07/01/05 1:45 AM

John Paul
Wisconsin

"because email is just one step above morse code"
-... . -.-. .- ..- ... . /  . -- .- .. .-.. . /  .. ... /  .--- ..- ... - /  --- -. . /  ... - . .--. /  .- -... --- ...- . /  -- --- .-. ... . /  -.-. --- -.. .

Whine away.

The forums are getting out of hand with all this political debate among those who clearly aren't able to keep their heads. It's a far cry from the occassional blow-up we had two months ago. So yes, I'm warning EVERYONE that if you don't reign it in and behave like adults, I'm going to start using my buttons.

Sep 04 05 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

bencook2 wrote:

Belair, I am a conservative...and I have to ask you to stop.  You are not helping...you are becoming the Yin to Xtremes Yang.  Sometimes you are on point others...well you are just stiring trouble.

Stop the presses, I actually agree with you on this point....

Sep 04 05 01:12 pm Link