Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What if it was Rich White People?

Photographer

Belair

Downers Grove, Illinois, US

bencook2 wrote:

Belair, I am a conservative...and I have to ask you to stop.  You are not helping...you are becoming the Yin to Xtremes Yang.  Sometimes you are on point others...well you are just stiring trouble.

I will try to be more sensitive.

Sep 04 05 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Stop the presses, I actually agree with you on this point....

Oh really?

Sep 04 05 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Belair wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Belair wrote:

Lora wrote:
Here's the thing: I DIDN'T READ HER PM TO YOU. And I don't know when calling someone a "dumbfucker" was ever appropriate... excuse me if I missed that thread.

So calm down. Damn. I'm going to enjoy some BBQ. Have a great day all....

Generally, calling someone a dumbfucker is not appropriate...that is why I save it for special cases.

Oh, so on those special occasions that you can't think intellectually, you stoop to childish name calling... I see you were raised well...

I thought that I had stooped to a level that you would understand...sorry for underestimating you.

Again you seem to want to play in the mud... Fortunately I was raised proper and don't have to fluff my testosterone and belittle people to feel important or like a man.. I don't need to resort to cussing to get my point across.. But if you would like to continue this lowbrow approach, I'd be more then happy to do it in email....

Sep 04 05 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Yikes!!!
Lets pull together an not tear this place apart!!
Its bad enough that the rest of the world is falling apart and in need of help..
Lets try to keep our wits and improve on what the problem is not make it worse..

Dont want to have to paddle you bad boys!!

(:-----

Hugh

Sep 04 05 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Stop the presses, I actually agree with you on this point....

Holy Crap!

Sep 04 05 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Belair wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Belair wrote:

Lora wrote:
Here's the thing: I DIDN'T READ HER PM TO YOU. And I don't know when calling someone a "dumbfucker" was ever appropriate... excuse me if I missed that thread.

Generally, calling someone a dumbfucker is not appropriate...that is why I save it for special cases.

Oh, so on those special occasions that you can't think intellectually, you stoop to childish name calling... I see you were raised well...

I thought that I had stooped to a level that you would understand...sorry for underestimating you.

Again you seem to want to play in the mud... Fortunately I was raised proper and don't have to fluff my testosterone and belittle people to feel important or like a man.. I don't need to resort to cussing to get my point across.. But if you would like to continue this lowbrow approach, I'd be more then happy to do it in email....

Nah...not sure I'd be able to dialog much with a blue-blooded highbrow such as yerself.

Sep 04 05 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Belair wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Belair wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Belair wrote:

Lora wrote:

Nah...not sure I'd be able to dialog much with a blue-blooded highbrow such as yerself.

-------------------------------------------
uh...that is still name calling...but without the cussing.  Now, lets see if we can 86 the name calling as well.  Also, if you are going to argue politics...it is always nice to put something political in your arguements.  Right now you are just doing a back and forth name calling.  Email Xtreme and you two and yell at each other all day via email and we won't have to see it.

Sep 04 05 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

Lora wrote:
I think she was referring to Belaire saying "You're still a dumbfucker..."

You thought wrong..go to the Genocide thread dear.

You are twisting my words. Why don't you backtrack a little. I'll give you plenty of time. If you are going to assume something, try to assume it right. There is much danger in making false assumptions.

Sep 04 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Rich white people would not be trapped. They don't expect the govt. to save them.

Sep 04 05 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Belair

Mike Cummings wrote:
Rich white people would not be trapped. They don't expect the govt. to save them.

OK

Sep 04 05 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

The Rich white people that were trapped were rescued the Second day...

The ritz had 300 whities that needed to be home with thier money!!

Moved out on busses and guarded by armed guards..

Couldnt let them be stuck in that plush hotel without water and electricity...

How ya gonna ack!!

Sep 04 05 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Hugh  Jorgen wrote:

How ya gonna ack!!

Paid for by thier own money.
On the news one guy said and I will qoute as best I can "Where we gonna go, ain't got no ride, my CAR is underwater".....  It wasn't underwater 24 hours BEFORE Katrina now was it.

Sep 04 05 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Belair wrote:

Get real.  You're the one who had to resort to calling me a dumbfucker because you couldn't think of a rational reply to the facts.  Isn't that cussing?

Sep 04 05 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

As a moderator of this site, I should NOT do this. It is VERY poor nettiquite on my part ... I am ... (gasp) CROSS-POSTING!

However, I think this is TRULY the best insight I've seen on the events in New Orleans. Go look:

http://www.illwillpress.com/kat.html

Sep 04 05 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

When it comes to being Rich...

Whether one is white, black, brown, tan, green, whatevah!...

It won't matter.

The mentality will be the same and that simply is, "In order for us (family) to be safe, let's live in one of our other houses in another State."

Listen up folks, don't act as if the word "Rich" is a different set of behavior traits for people of different nationalities. Even if a poor man, becomes rich, he'll have the same survival mentality.

Hurricane and Tornado approaching? No prob. Have home in another state, will take up residence and accept the losses.

And file an insurance claim afterwards. Heh

Sep 04 05 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
As a moderator of this site, I should NOT do this. It is VERY poor nettiquite on my part ... I am ... (gasp) CROSS-POSTING!

However, I think this is TRULY the best insight I've seen on the events in New Orleans. Go look:

dial-up dangit!!

Sep 04 05 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Hugh  Jorgen wrote:

dial-up dangit!!

Me too.... and that is the real tragedy here.. Why won't the govt. give me free high speed?...

Sep 04 05 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

It's probably better if you don't have high speed--I hurt myself laughing at the truth in that link.

Sep 04 05 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:
You are twisting my words. Why don't you backtrack a little. I'll give you plenty of time. If you are going to assume something, try to assume it right. There is much danger in making false assumptions.

Studiomona wrote on page 1:

"Is this name calling enough for you and the rest? 
>

come on, play fair."

Keith asked: Do you really consider this the same as Belair calling someone a dumbfucker?

Please tell me how I have twisted your words? I didn't twist, I quoted.... See page 1...

Sep 04 05 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

>

come on, play fair."

Keith asked: Do you really consider this the same as Belair calling someone a dumbfucker?

Please tell me how I have twisted your words? I didn't twist, I quoted.... See page 1...

You think that claiming/accusations of Genocide and everything else in that original post does not constitue  namecalling?
Yeah, it is far worse than namecalling.

Sep 04 05 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

That was funny and sad at the same time...  But certainly a fair bit of truth spoken... Of course, one has to ask, if he had the time to create that, he had time to go help.. Then again, the same could be said about all of us feuding back and forth about this and that...

Sep 04 05 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

>

come on, play fair."

You think that claiming/accusations of Genocide and everything else in that original post does not constitue  namecalling?

No that is not name calling.. "You're a dumbass bitch!!", is name calling.. No, I'm not calling you one, it is but an example.. I do agree that calling the situation genocide was not the proper term, but an insult it was not.. By that logic, anything said to anyone that they didn't like would be an insult..

So, if I tell my friend that just dyed their hair blonde, and they JUUUUUUUUUUST love the way it looks, that it really is not them, is that an insult or just my oppinion??  There is nothing, by typical social standards, that is derogatory or inflammatory about that statement.. So is it an insult because my friend disagrees with my view??  In that case, this whole damn site needs be banned!!

And again you dodged a question. I asked how did I twist you words??

Sep 04 05 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

theda wrote:
You mean this thread, John Paul?

Whine away.

The forums are getting out of hand with all this political debate among those who clearly aren't able to keep their heads. It's a far cry from the occassional blow-up we had two months ago. So yes, I'm warning EVERYONE that if you don't reign it in and behave like adults, I'm going to start using my buttons.

Yep,...that was the one!!  smile 

Glad you still remember..  big_smile

Well Theda,...if you and the other mods are going to be much more active in enforcement of the posting rules, then you have my full support!! 

At least I've been consistant....that at one time I really did like this site a whole lot...and I do believe it can again be a good community to be a part of..

Yep!

JP

Sep 04 05 02:42 pm Link

Model

ppppppp

Ġaznī, Ġaznī, Afghanistan

agree, media gives a tainted vision of whats going on...

I know after being out of town( helping at shelters in memphis) and checking the computer.. I see more and more threads that are brewing up, but aren't going anywhere with the information.

People will not and won't change their views( leave it )
I do  know that no one on most of these threads are in new orleans now, so they do not know what is actually going on. You cannot even feel how these individuals feel.( I actually was able to talk to one of my friends and i cannot even begin to imagine how they feel)
When many heard of the storm, no one even thought omg they are all black, creole... etc. Many were like myself  just putting a prayer out for them especially the ones we know, like myself.
Yes over watching the media, you have heard name calling, and class issues, race issues...
Yes you can start new threads stating something different but everything written about this situation on these threads aren't going anywhere!... just a build up of threads and individuals angry over words someone is venting over on  "THE INTERNET OF ALL PLACES"
Even over the internet you only get a side view of people,  no one knows who, what, where anyone comes from, or what anyone is about or have...{ unless stated, again this is still a side view}

I actually let someone a volunteer in the shelter read some of these post... they were blown away!

I wonder if people put as much  time in writing, posting rants againgst individuals they do not know, into volunteering, or helping out or even sending a little prayer...
thatz something...
I am not trying to rant or vent to anyone, but these posts are getting to the point of being rid...

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to those whom are in need, and to those whom helped those in need.

p.s( if there are sp words please excuse, i am typing in a small seat at the airport)

Sep 04 05 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

studiomona wrote:

Is this name calling enough for you and the rest? 
>

come on, play fair.

How is someone expressing their opinion about an event the same as directly calling someone a dumbass?

And quit trying to bait people.  You've done it in several threads playing dumb, insinuating things...basically trying to pull people into your low level muck.

Sep 04 05 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

>

come on, play fair."

Sep 04 05 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

GotTheLook Photographer

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

Belair wrote:
What if it was rich White people who were stranded?

Well if they were, I don't think they'd be dumb enough to tell rescuers "not" to rescue them. But, I believe that would be with any person (regardless of color) who has a brain larger than say... a gnat (the "g" is silent for those of you from Louisiana who are refusing to be rescued).

Gary

PS: That was sarcasm, I know there is no power there to get online.

Sep 04 05 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

KM von Seidl wrote:

How is someone expressing their opinion about an event the same as directly calling someone a dumbass?

And quit trying to bait people.  You've done it in several threads playing dumb, insinuating things...basically trying to pull people into your low level muck.

Whine, whine whine..  I refuse to stoop down to your level. Go annoy someone else. I am done with you.

Sep 04 05 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Lora wrote:
Since when was name-calling like this allowed? And since when did it considered mature?

I can do it but I have a note from my psychiatrist.

Sep 04 05 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

studiomona wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

>

come on, play fair."

Sep 04 05 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

whether the hurricane hit the poor area where the majority are black people or the rich area where the majority are white people, who gives a shit?  the hurricane effects all of us, whether it be black, white or brown.  america is screwed as is with it's budget, that we all are screwed.  no one wants to help us, so it will take time for us to get back on our feet.

Sep 04 05 06:04 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

Yessuh  you be right Boss.

Sep 04 05 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
But apparently if the world doesn't agree with your view, talking to you will be like banghead.

I can say the same thing about you, but I won't because unlike you and the rest who think like you, I respect everybody's educated opinions irregardless of color, creed and cash flow.

Sep 04 05 06:24 pm Link

Model

Chill Factor

New York, New York, US

growl snarl!   um this wasnt a race or class thing ,,,,it was a HURRICANE /COMMON SENSE thing!   in the time that people WASTED lining up in front of the superdome they could have WALKED away from it!

Sep 04 05 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

studiomona wrote:

I can say the same thing about you, but I won't.

And once again my dear, you still avoid the question.. Usually when someone does that, it means that they know they are wrong and refuse to own up to it... Hmmmmm, sounds alot like our current leader...

So, why not quite hiding behind sacasm and actually answer questions... Or don't you know the answers?

And by replying, you did say the same thing... Must be the cold....

Sep 04 05 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

studiomona

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
And once again my dear, you still avoid the question.. Usually when someone does that, it means that they know they are wrong and refuse to own up to it... Hmmmmm, sounds alot like our current leader...

So, why not quite hiding behind sacasm and actually answer questions... Or don't you know the answers?

And by replying, you did say the same thing... Must be the cold....

The point I was trying to make was this: If one is to implement guidelines and such, then it has to apply to everyone and every thread. No exceptions. I've read someone call someone else a "motherF'r" but was she admonished? Nope. Someone posts some inflammatory and very inciting thread literally calling people murdererers and was he admonished? Nope. All I said was, PLAY FAIR.
Yeah, it must be the cold. I'll head over to Boca for a few days, I think.

Sep 04 05 07:10 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Belair wrote:
What if Katrina roared thru the Hamptons, or Boca Raton?  What if it was rich White people who were stranded?

Would XtremeArtist and band of Nihilist Commies be wailing so loud?

Or, would XtremeArtist be applauding Katrina as, "The Great Equalizer - The Great Liberator of Oppressed Peoples?"

Thats sort of a "racial" thing to say, I find that insulting.....

Sep 05 05 09:46 am Link

Photographer

jimblast

Dallas, Georgia, US

Hugh  Jorgen wrote:

How ya gonna ack!!

EXACTLY Hugh!  Excellent point!  And the person who gave the directive to allow the buses to pick those rich white people and tourists in front of the homeless and poor whom were waiting at the Super Dome in line ahead of them?  That directive came from the 'liberal' African American MAYOR of New Orleans.  The same mayor who is blaming the federal government for a 'slow' response thumbed his nose at his own people and made this decision. 

Back to the topic.  People are people, rich, poor, of any race.  We are all Americans.  The outpouring of help to the victims of New Orleans has been nothing short of miraculous.  Instead of griping and complaining, maybe we should spend our energy helping any way we can.  I went to Reunion Arena in Dallas to assist, and it's incredible to hear the refugees thanking us for taking them in.

Sep 05 05 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Zachary Reed

Denver, Colorado, US

Belair wrote:
Granted, a lot of the stranded are kids and the infirm, and the elderly.

But ya know what?

I'm seeing an awful lot of young, able-bodied adults in these pix that XA has so graciously plastered all over this board.

It looks to me like these folks had plenty of money for bling-bling, 21" wheels for their rides, X-boxes, cell phones, and i-Pods.  Isn't it a shame the didn't put a little away in a "Get the phac out of Nawlins" fund?

dude, do you really think the "bling" is real? and most of that other stuff is stolen merchandise bought well below retail. and when you're poor you dont think about the future. you think about the present and the past. its sad but thats how it is.

Sep 05 05 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok, so I have a job.
Not a great job, it pays bills.
My cell phone gets me work
My car gets me to work
I go to school, I work, everything I own is in my loft.
My ipod, my tivo, my camera, my flash makes the fact that I live alone with no chance of love...
My grandmother's death mask, jewlery...
My grandfather's record collection, typewriter, novel...
My Uncle's books...
everything...

and I am told to take the money in my pocket, $25 is usually about it, and flee for my life.
With one bag...

and if it hits everything I have to remind me of my past, and my family's past, is gone...
and if it doesn't, looters will take everything and it is gone all the same...

and who wil give me a ticket out of town for $25?
my car won't make it, it is flooded?

sometimes all we have in our lives is a small bundle of possessions...

don't ever FUCKING blame a victim of a natural disaster for not getting out in time because you feel they were stupid.

DON'T
FUCKING
EVER

Sep 05 05 10:19 am Link