Forums > Model Colloquy > Why do short models insist of doin Runway?

Model

Jessie-Lynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

SWEETFACELA wrote:
Well shat, we know who she is so SOMETHING is workin!

I wonder who she fucked to get where she is.. haha

Gotta love how myspace makes celebrities.  I met the broad (Tila) in person she looks like a god damn bobble head.. No joke.  Her heads HUGE compared to her body!

May 31 07 02:00 pm Link

Model

Jessie-Lynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

SWEETFACELA wrote:
Well fluke or not she's doin' the damn thang! big_smile

Hey I don't blame her she's a beautiful lady and she just got super lucky that the agency found her at a younger age.

I have no place to be talking I'm a lousy 5'1.. Some how I turned out to be the shortest in my family.. Everyone towers over me sad

May 31 07 02:01 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

pamela mars wrote:

no

This is why ppl think models are dumb.

Where is Daniela V and Jessalyn when we need em sad

May 31 07 02:01 pm Link

Model

SWEETFACELA

Los Angeles, California, US

Jessie Lynne wrote:

I wonder who she fucked to get where she is.. haha

Gotta love how myspace makes celebrities.  I met the broad in person she looks like a god damn bobble head.. No joke.  Her heads HUGE compared to her body!

LOL!! It's like that most of the time with celebs...All head and no body big_smile

Its funny being an actress and seeing actresses/actors who look kinda thin in movies but skeletal in person...AYEE!!!

Well whatever she did worked for her. *shrugs* Mo Powa!

May 31 07 02:03 pm Link

Model

NormaParker

Houston, Texas, US

Kemmie T x10 wrote:

Yeah- BUT its not the norm. Someone here said that short models who want to do runway may be able to squeeze by and do local small events, but I think its safe to say, its highly unlikely that you will see a 4ft Victoria's secret runway model.   

And to answer the OP's question, short models insist on doing runway because it makes them feel TALLER. Duh.

https://i2.Photobucket.com/albums/y19/deepnlove/WTF2.jpg

Shit, you'll see....that's going to change. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

Model

Joyeme

San Diego, California, US

PYPI wrote:
Alright. Just for the late arrivals who are too lazy to read beyond the first page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate%27s_Law

LMAO...Wow...you actually put it on Wiki[edia...just how often does this topic come up? lol

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PYPI wrote:

Alright. Just for the late arrivals who are too lazy to read beyond the first page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate%27s_Law

the arguement with that is-although that states otherwise it DOES prove that it ISN'T impossible for a shorter model to walk a high fashion runway.
hah!

May 31 07 02:04 pm Link

Model

SWEETFACELA

Jessie Lynne wrote:
Hey I don't blame her she's a beautiful lady and she just got super lucky that the agency found her at a younger age.

I have no place to be talking I'm a lousy 5'1.. Some how I turned out to be the shortest in my family.. Everyone towers over me sad

I think you should be doing makeup and hair commercials!! So pweddy! I wouldn't have expected Dita to do Mac! What is she? *type of model*

May 31 07 02:04 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

pamela mars wrote:
the arguement with that is-although that states otherwise it DOES prove that it ISN'T impossible for a shorter model to walk a high fashion runway.
hah!

Nobody said it is impossible..

But its kind of 1 : 10,000. odds.. maybe more..
edit: and the title of this thread is Short models who INSIST of doing runways ..

May 31 07 02:05 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lestari wrote:

so-because i don't feel like searching the forums, that makes me dumb?!
flawed logic, my dear.

May 31 07 02:06 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lestari wrote:

edit: and the title of this thread is Short models who INSIST ..

impossible means it isn't possible-as in there are no odds.

May 31 07 02:06 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

pamela mars wrote:

so-because i don't feel like searching the forums, that makes me dumb?!
flawed logic, my dear.

Would you mind re-read my sentence..

I said this is why ppl think models are dumb.

I NEVER said you are dumb.

May 31 07 02:08 pm Link

Model

Joyeme

what about Eva Pigford...she's short...ive seen her on a few runways...

::sits back and watches::

May 31 07 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Lestari wrote:

edit: and the title of this thread is Short models who INSIST of doing runways ..

I think you're missing a few zeros there. Population of the world=6.6 billion. Number of Kate Moss=1. You do the math.

May 31 07 02:09 pm Link

Model

Jessie-Lynne

Chicago, Illinois, US

SWEETFACELA wrote:

I think you should be doing makeup and hair commercials!! So pweddy! I wouldn't have expected Dita to do Mac! What is she? *type of model*

aww thanks darlin.. Dita Von Teese are you talking about?  She's a burlesque performer.. not sure what type of model you could consider her as..  As far as me doing hair and makeup commercials.. I WISH! Thanks for the kind words darlin.

May 31 07 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

J Moli wrote:

How dare you invoke ANTM in any discussion of real high fashion modeling.

May 31 07 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:

I think you're missing a few zeros there. Population of the world=6.6 billion. Number of Kate Moss=1. You do the math.

still doesn't equal impossible.
;-)

May 31 07 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

Lestari wrote:

yeah i've been  wondering that too where is Daniela V and Jessalyn, i'm gonna try to locate em in Off topic discussion

May 31 07 02:12 pm Link

Model

Joyeme

PYPI wrote:
How dare you invoke ANTM in any discussion of real high fashion modeling.

how dare you speak ill of ANTM!

May 31 07 02:12 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

PYPI wrote:

Okay..

There probably 10 short-real runway models in the whole world.
Probablity of the odds become 10: 6.6 billion.

smile

My math sucked Pat!

May 31 07 02:13 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Rhonda Oatman wrote:
;-)

and nobody said it's impossible.wink

May 31 07 02:14 pm Link

Model

NormaParker

Houston, Texas, US

Makomo wrote:
i think because we're just as good as walking as tall models:)

AGREED!!! smile

Go ahead and hate, haters.....smile

Photographer

Imajin Studios

Lestari hope we find Daniela V and Jessalyn

https://www.modelmayhem.com/p.php?thread_id=150221

Model

Amanda Dancer

Omaha, Nebraska, US

Quote from PYPI  -But what about those runway shows in nightclubs where the fashion consist of tight fitting boy shorts and torn wife beaters with some sequin on them? Those are not height sensitive.

- quote from PYPI

Exactly - these are not classic runway shows.  Also those night clubs are generally not paying the models and the models are local.  In the night club world, it is primarily about T and A.  Hott girls with attitude.  Some are friends of friends, blah blah blah.  The shows are usually designers that are not capable of competing against the McQueens, the Diors and the Chanels of the world.  They can only do nightclub at this point in time.  You have to start somewhere.  The point is, you can't be picky about height when you aren't paying and are not getting great response for your casting call in regards to height.

May 31 07 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Rhonda Oatman wrote:

;-)

I'll give you that. Although you have better odds of winning the mega millions lottery two times in a row. Quit your job and plan your life around that possibility.

May 31 07 02:15 pm Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

J Moli wrote:

...thanks for nothing Dad...

LOL. Too funny! big_smile

May 31 07 02:17 pm Link

Model

NormaParker

Houston, Texas, US

J Moli wrote:
Im six feet tall, but I cant walk the runway because Im not skinny enough, but It would be unhealthy to drop 20 pounds, so Ive moved on. Just my 2 cents.

Ur sexy just the way you are!

May 31 07 02:18 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Constance Hilory wrote:

LOL. Too funny! big_smile

I love you Cons.

Photographer

Imajin Studios

J Moli wrote:

Eva is in my port from Mercedes Fashion Week in LA she walked the Monarchy Collection show,...do you honestly think if she had not won ANTM she would have been walking that show...if you read the whole thread you will notice that somewhere it states it only the famous ones (atleast in this case for Eva thanks to Tyra, Nigel, and crew) get the chances to walk runways because its good marketing for the designer, adding to that Paris Hilton walked the runway at Boulevard 3 in LA and there was an article about her being the fattest model in the show at size 4 go figure, but you know what it was good publicity for the show

Model

Joyeme

Makomo wrote:
i think because we're just as good as walking as tall models:)

uhm...it's not just how good you WALK...it's how you look in the clothes.

Model

Joyeme

Ur sexy just the way you are!

aww thanks. big_smile

I'd blush if i could. smile

May 31 07 02:19 pm Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

Lestari wrote:

I love you Cons.

I love you too, Darlin'.

May 31 07 02:20 pm Link

Model

Joyeme

Imajin Studios wrote:

Eva is in my port from Mercedes Fashion Week in LA she walked the Monarchy Collection show,...do you honestly think if she had not won ANTM she would have been walking that show...if you read the whole thread you will notice that somewhere it states it only the famous ones (atleast in this case for Eva thanks to Tyra, Nigel, and crew) get the chances to walk runways because its good marketing for the designer, adding to that Paris Hilton walked the runway at Boulevard 3 in LA and there was an article about her being the fattest model in the show at size 4 go figure

ya, I know, I was joking. Eva herself says she doesn't do runways anymore because she's too short. At least she knows.

May 31 07 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

PYPI wrote:
But what about those runway shows in nightclubs where the fashion consist of tight fitting boy shorts and torn wife beaters with some sequin on them? Those are not height sensitive.

Amanda Atkinson wrote:
Exactly - these are not classic runway shows.  Also those night clubs are generally not paying the models and the models are local.  In the night club world, it is primarily about T and A.  Hott girls with attitude.  Some are friends of friends, blah blah blah.  The shows are usually designers that are not capable of competing against the McQueens, the Diors and the Chanels of the world.  They can only do nightclub at this point in time.  You have to start somewhere.  The point is, you can't be picky about height when you aren't paying and are not getting great response for your casting call in regards to height.

I was being sarcastic but your answer is right on. There are fashion shows that revolve around designers. Designers who are formally trained in Art of Fashion schools. Then there are 'fashion shows' that revolve around getting patrons into the club. Those shows often revolve around 'designers' who are  no more than GWS. (Guy/Girl with sewing machine)

May 31 07 02:21 pm Link

Model

SWEETFACELA

Jessie Lynne wrote:

aww thanks darlin.. Dita Von Teese are you talking about?  She's a burlesque performer.. not sure what type of model you could consider her as..  As far as me doing hair and makeup commercials.. I WISH! Thanks for the kind words darlin.

But how did she land that contract and not someone else. It's always confusing to people who don't know any better. That's why random folks think they have a chance.

She's a celeb so the rules bend for celebs!

If you were on a campaign for hair color or makeup i'd buy it!

May 31 07 02:23 pm Link

Model

SWEETFACELA

PYPI wrote:

PYPI wrote:
But what about those runway shows in nightclubs where the fashion consist of tight fitting boy shorts and torn wife beaters with some sequin on them? Those are not height sensitive.

I was being sarcastic but your answer is right on. There are fashion shows that revolve around designers. Designers who are formally trained in Art of Fashion schools. Then there are 'fashion shows' that revolve around getting patrons into the club. Those shows often revolve around 'designers' who are  no more than GWS. (Guy/Girl with sewing machine)

WHY DID My eye almost fall out from controlling my laughter......STOP IT!!! It's a GWSM!

May 31 07 02:23 pm Link

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I repeat I better grow another 1/4 of an inch.
Or maybe I should just go win ANTM?

May 31 07 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

Lestari wrote:

and nobody said it's impossible.wink

I know that ;-). I read what you said :-D

May 31 07 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

i'm going back to paint, will be back in a few, listening to SIR MIX ALOT -Baby Got Back,- i can't believe its so round, its like OUT THERE

May 31 07 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

SWEETFACELA wrote:
WHY DID My eye almost fall out from controlling my laughter......STOP IT!!! It's a GWSM!

I stand corrected. Some 'designers' don't even bother with sewing machines. Take a big scarf, pin it here, pin it there, and call it a day.

May 31 07 02:25 pm Link