Forums > Model Colloquy > Why do short models insist of doin Runway?

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Megan Mariee wrote:
Dammit I better grow another 1/4 of an in.

Megan, how dare you put up new pictures without alerting me? Consider yourself warned. I like the second one best.

May 31 07 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:

They could put me on the taffy puller at the Willy Wonka factory!!!! You never know tongue LOL!!!!! I say yes there are some who can do, and some photographers who are just hideous talking about how much recognition they get. lol!!! Eh... i want taffy! Steals Novus's taffy and runs

Nothing you said makes any sense. sad

May 31 07 11:43 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

Novus Ordo wrote:

Doncha know - we all took our crazy pills this mornig, lol

May 31 07 11:44 am Link

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PYPI wrote:

Megan, how dare you put up new pictures without alerting me? Consider yourself warned. I like the second one best.

I'm sorry I love you.
Yeah I really like that one too.  The first one is for the next Toni & Guy add.

May 31 07 11:47 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Megan Mariee wrote:
I'm sorry I love you.
Yeah I really like that one too.  The first one is for the next Toni & Guy add.

Yeah. I just wish they hadn't butchered your skin color in that shot.

https://img8.modelmayhem.com/070530/20/465e173ce2855.jpg

May 31 07 11:50 am Link

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PYPI wrote:

Yeah... the point was to have the emphasis on the hair though so I understand why they did it.

May 31 07 11:51 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:
I wish Lestari could sell me clothes in a campaign! tongue

tongue
Ill buy whatever you advertise wink

Imajin Studios wrote:

Hi Lestari

*blush*

May 31 07 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Los Angeles, California, US

Novus Ordo wrote:

Lawd! i'm being silly Novus you sure know how to put a pin in the ballon and kill the fun!

I'm just saying there are some folks that are just not going to have quality let's say like YOUR photos. There are those with TIRED pictures that are talking about how amazing they are but the work speaks something else.

Then I stole your food and ran!!

May 31 07 11:54 am Link

Model

Kemmie T x10

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jami Lea wrote:
There are always exceptions.  Step lively and stop trying to trample people's dreams.  Reality and constructive criticism are a must, but Kate Moss?  Gia?  Were they 5'9"?  That one Asian super model that isn't 5'9"?  I say if a girl works her ass off and I mean completely and totally, not letting anything stop her, if she is beautiful, talented, etc., it can be accomplished.

Yeah- BUT its not the norm. Someone here said that short models who want to do runway may be able to squeeze by and do local small events, but I think its safe to say, its highly unlikely that you will see a 4ft Victoria's secret runway model.   

And to answer the OP's question, short models insist on doing runway because it makes them feel TALLER. Duh.

https://i2.Photobucket.com/albums/y19/deepnlove/WTF2.jpg

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Megan Mariee wrote:
Yeah... the point was to have the emphasis on the hair though so I understand why they did it.

It's not consistent with the images on their website. Maybe it's a new direction they are taking. http://www.toniguy.com/home/index.html

Model

Adieu

I blame Kate Moss.

May 31 07 11:56 am Link

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PYPI wrote:

It's not consistent with the images on their website. Maybe it's a new direction they are taking. http://www.toniguy.com/home/index.html

I noticed that when I saw the images and compared it to their website I was a bit perplexed but to each his own.  I'm just surprised I liked the shot considering I'm not particularly fond of my profile.

May 31 07 11:57 am Link

Model

Kemmie T x10

Atlanta, Georgia, US

PYPI wrote:

Oh Jeez..... I take it you've never done a shot with emphasis on a particular feature. I think she said it was intentional, not a photoshop error.

May 31 07 11:58 am Link

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:

Lawd! i'm being silly Novus you sure know how to put a pin in the ballon and kill the fun!

I'm just saying there are some folks that are just not going to have quality let's say like YOUR photos. There are those with TIRED pictures that are talking about how amazing they are but the work speaks something else.

And i was saying that ultimately someone's height isn't comparable to a photographers  skill level.

May 31 07 11:59 am Link

Model

Kemmie T x10

Atlanta, Georgia, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:

Well, you do kno that Novus Ordo means "funkiller" in Pickaneese.

May 31 07 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Novus Ordo wrote:

And i was saying that ultimately someone's height isn't comparable to a photographers  skill level.

I mean it to say some folks are born creative and some aren't big_smile

May 31 07 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Kemmie T x10 wrote:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Girl you KILL me!!

May 31 07 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

Goldie117 wrote:

Damnit, there you go again, killing my dream... wink

don't let him kill your dream! we're beautiful marchers! i should get us all cute army fatigue uniforms! lol

May 31 07 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Kemmie T x10 wrote:

Oh Jeez..... I take it you've never done a shot with emphasis on a particular feature. I think she said it was intentional, not a photoshop error.

I never said it was a photoshop error. You can butcher skin tone in many ways. Some of those are intentional. And Megan said it was intentional after I made my comment. And she also found that effect to be perplexing as it is not consistent with other images on their site. I'd be curious as to what the final ad will look like.

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kemmie T x10 wrote:

https://www.dj-league.de/_archive/_labelinfo/images/mims.jpg

"This is why you're blocked, this is why you're blocked, this is why, this is why, this is why you're blocked!"

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:

They could put me on the taffy puller at the Willy Wonka factory!!!! You never know tongue LOL!!!!! I say yes there are some who can do, and some photographers who are just hideous talking about how much recognition they get. lol!!! Eh... i want taffy! Steals Novus's taffy and runs

oh share with me! i like taffy!

May 31 07 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Novus Ordo wrote:

"This is why you're blocked, this is why you're blocked, this is why, this is why, this is why you're blocked!"

Man, I could feel the bass drums on that one...

May 31 07 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

Novus Ordo wrote:

oh no you didn't.

:::turns head, and creates a new plan for retaliation:::

May 31 07 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SWEETFACE SHOTS wrote:

I mean it to say some folks are born creative and some aren't big_smile

Product photographers, catalog photographers, senior portrait photographer, etc. etc. all do NOT require creativity and can pay goo gobs of money.

"local runway models" cannot.  Again, it's not analogous.

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Monica Jay wrote:
I blame Kate Moss.

I blame Sarah Doukas more.

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PYPI wrote:

I never said it was a photoshop error. You can butcher skin tone in many ways. Some of those are intentional. And Megan said it was intentional after I made my comment. And she also found that effect to be perplexing as it is not consistent with other images on their site. I'd be curious as to what the final ad will look like.

Me too.  I wish I could get the images without the whited out skin.

May 31 07 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Rhonda708

Miami, Florida, US

uh ah i wanna blame someone too. I blame all the sexy short people. We rock! ;-)

May 31 07 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Megan Mariee wrote:

Me too.  I wish I could get the images without the whited out skin.

If they didn't do it with makeup, you can probably get the photographer to help you out.

May 31 07 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Novus Ordo wrote:

Product photographers, catalog photographers, senior portrait photographer, etc. etc. all do NOT require creativity and can pay goo gobs of money.

"local runway models" cannot.  Again, it's not analogous.

funkiller! LOL!!! *puts unfun Novus in a chair facing the corner...you sit there til you're fun again!

Photographer

Imajin Studios

Kemmie T x10 wrote:
makes them feel TALLER. Duh.

https://i2.Photobucket.com/albums/y19/deepnlove/WTF2.jpg

now thats some funny shit

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

PYPI wrote:

If they didn't do it with makeup, you can probably get the photographer to help you out.

I think I will, they haven't been very responsive though. :\

May 31 07 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Imajin Studios wrote:

now thats some funny shit

LMAOOOOOOOOO now slap him in some heels he keeps walking out of and the cycle is complete!

May 31 07 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

OMG I just saw the MIMS lmaoooooooooooooooooo!!! No he di-ii't!

May 31 07 12:14 pm Link

Model

Shara Camille

Imajin Studios wrote:
Why do models who are short for High fashion runway (below 5'9") keep insisting they want to do runway work?

I do have runway experience, but I'm well aware of the fact that Runway modeling is not my department. But I'm good with that. It is good experience though.

May 31 07 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Huynh Loft Studio

Sacramento, California, US

5'6" + 4 inch heels = 5'10. That's a perfect height for runway. I have been to plenty of fashion shows, and involved with a lot of the productions, and the best walkers that I have seen are the shorter models. Who cares if you're tall. Walking on the runway is all about presence and having confidence. I like to see the models who could engage the crowd and sell the outfits and make the outfits look good. In a perfect world, we would love to have all the models to be 5'9" to 5'11", but this isn't the perfect world.

If you're a designer who pick the tall models for your runway show just because they meet the height requirement, you might be missing out.

May 31 07 12:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

I think short models insist on doing runway for the fame not for a love of the profession.  Most wannabe models are looking for reassurance that they are beautiful and they have no clue what a model really does.  They think they can just sit and look pretty and the big money will start rolling in.

May 31 07 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Melissa Rachelle wrote:
I think short models insist on doing runway for the fame not for a love of the profession.  Most wannabe models are looking for reassurance that they are beautiful and they have no clue what a model really does.  They think they can just sit and look pretty and the big money will start rolling in.

Isn't that how it works?? You happen to be tall and thin and the money rolls in? tongue

May 31 07 12:24 pm Link

Model

v senya-smith

i think because we're just as good as walking as tall models:)

May 31 07 12:26 pm Link

Model

v senya-smith

and it's fun to perform in front of an audience!

May 31 07 12:27 pm Link

Model

Shara Camille

Melissa Rachelle wrote:

I wouldn't say that, but Runway isn't for every model because not every model can do Runway. If someone is truly interested in the profession, they'll make sure they're in the area of modeling they're best suited for, otherwise it's a waste of time.

May 31 07 12:27 pm Link