Forums > General Industry > Photographers snide remarks

Photographer

New York, New York, US

and I choose when Doug is not availible.

======
the only thing I can say about the cats is when is the brazilan waxing.

I will find the picture of the hairless cats.

May 18 05 10:28 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Posted by Jing:
There's a very blurred line between what is honest and what is being an asshole....

Some people will tell you Simon Crowell is an asshole, some will laugh and say he's honest

No, there is no line between being honest and being an asshole.  It's two completely different things, and they're not related (except to weak people in power).  There are assholes who are dishonest, and there are honest people who are polite.

Simon is both.  He's an asshole because it brings in ratings, people like to watch him be an asshole and he gets off on it.  It's also a lot of fun to be shitty to people when you're in a position of power and there's nothing they can do about it.

However, the asshole portion is entirely optional.  You can be completely honest, without being a jerk.  Just because you're not an asshole doesn't mean you have to sugar-coat everything like Paula either.

May 18 05 11:01 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
So, saying, "You have really incredible eyes" or "I really love your complexion" is acceptable but "You have fantastic breasts" is crude?

Well, that's just repressed puritanical hogwash. Malarkey and bologna, say I!

If complimenting eyes is okay, then it's perfectly okay to come right out and compliment breasts and butts too. They're just body parts. Why are erogenous zones unmentionable?

One might say it is juvenile to make such comments. But I think it's the opposite. It is a childish mentality to be afraid to verbalize an appreciation for the beauty of human sexuality.

WORD!!!

May 18 05 11:05 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Jing: 
If people don't like your work here in NY they'll tell you it sucks

In California, they use hand an arm signals.

May 18 05 11:25 am Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I totally agree 100%.
How professional are you if you have to make remarks?
I could see in the saftey of your office /home but never on a public forum.

May 18 05 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Uvision Media LLC

Central Square, New York, US

Posted by Eric Jackson: 
Can't help but notice some of the replies in the models portfolios. I'ts disturbing to see photographers making rude, unprofessional comments about a models physical attributes. Some male models are making the same comments.  Please lets keep this site clean and professional, and make it above board to the rest of the modeling forums.   

I can't sgree with you more. I to have seen this crap going on. This is just rude and makes the model and yourself look real bad. This isn't as dating site or a place to be a pevert to your friends. I know I've thought twice about using a model that had crap like that on her page. I would hate to see them loose work cause one of you was doing that to them. There is a time and place for everything and this isn't the place for that. Save that crap for myspace or some other site like that.

May 18 05 11:53 am Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

*edrick frustrates until he is more...relaxed. aaahhh. much better. that nyquill really works wonders*

Posted by Reese: 
::::Reese takes note that Edrick is sexually frustrated::::

May 18 05 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Jing: 

Here in Seattle, they do an interpretive dance.

May 18 05 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Reese: 
Aww... Dang it... See?  That's not fair.  I just bought all of these signs for advertisment...

::: Reese kicks promo "Vote For" sign, whips out "loser" stamp, and stamps her own forehead:::

reese, if your looking for "fair", check in the dictionary..its the only place you'll find it...

May 18 05 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Right on Scott!!  :-) 

;-)

JP

Posted by Scott Johnson: 
I think commenting on the female form in a professional manner is fine, coming right out and talking about their breasts and butt are quite another. It just makes the photog. cheap and sleezy. Hmm, maybe that's really what they are in the first place.

Posted by Udo R Photography: 
I must admit that I am lost somewhere... maybe I am just slow, but I would like to know more specifically what kind of "rude, crude and unprofessional remarks" it is talked about in this thread.

Is it a comment on a great shaped butt, where people leaving "WOW!", or "Incredible ass!"...

What is the professional version? "That lighting how it enhances our feminine shape... wow... that was well done, do you know what brand of light kit the photographer used?"

I am really wondering... what are those comments... and, BTW, if a female model has a great picture that really gets my attention, I may commend her exactly on even the physical bodypart in question.

If that is deemed unprofessional and offensive, please let me know, because I must be too much of a knuckledragging troglodite to say the professional thing then.

Please help!

May 18 05 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

Rule of thumb. If you think it might offend, then it probably will. I think most models would appreciate being treated as a human being, not a piece of steak.

Posted by Udo R Photography: 

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
So, saying, "You have really incredible eyes" or "I really love your complexion" is acceptable but "You have fantastic breasts" is crude?

Well, that's just repressed puritanical hogwash. Malarkey and bologna, say I!

If complimenting eyes is okay, then it's perfectly okay to come right out and compliment breasts and butts too. They're just body parts. Why are erogenous zones unmentionable?

One might say it is juvenile to make such comments. But I think it's the opposite. It is a childish mentality to be afraid to verbalize an appreciation for the beauty of human sexuality.

WORD!!!

May 18 05 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I agree...Keeping it clean will set the presidence over the "other" site and as policy, model, photographer, MUA, doesn't matter, treat them like a human...

May 18 05 10:17 pm Link

Model

Angie Rae

Lawton, Iowa, US

Well, personally, the male models and photogs who have left comments on my profile have been nothing but professional. The way I see it, if the models don't want anything so called, "unprofessional" commented about their so called "physical attributes", then don't post those pictures. If you don't want your breasts or booties commented on...then why shove them in the camera and post them??? Don't understand. Just being blunt and to the point. Angie Rae

May 18 05 10:20 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Posted by Scott Johnson: 
Rule of thumb. If you think it might offend, then it probably will. I think most models would appreciate being treated as a human being, not a piece of steak.

Exactly!

May 19 05 01:21 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Chris Ambler: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Jing: 

Here in Seattle, they do an interpretive dance.

LMAO! Tooooo funny.

May 19 05 01:24 am Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

Chuck,

With all due respect. I have no problem getting clients, I have more work than I know what to do with.

I agree with you Chuck, there are alot of GWC's out there. It's not about "titilation" for me, it's about trying to capture the model at her best.

And being nice to models and treating them decent doesn't have to do with "the in thing". It's just the way I OPERATE. I always have and I always will smile

Posted by Chuck Holliday: 

Posted by Scott Johnson: 
I think overtly rude comments are wrong. This isn't a nightclub where you try and pick up chicks.

I also get tierd of certain photogs. "bashing" other photogs., although I know it won't stop until those doing the "bashing" are kicked off this site.

it seems like thats like the in-thing these days with photographers, almost like they think it makes them that much more "popular" or boosts their inner ego, because most of the people who are doing it have a bad retention rate with their clients or can barely get new clients at all.

you also have some photographers who have camera's in their possession to help support their hormone habit. sad, but true, i know it's almost the norm here in NYC.

May 19 05 09:36 am Link