Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Freaking web models!

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Daniela V wrote:
Dude, I was offering up discussion in Christopher's thread. He even said so.

Making multiple, negative posts about how photographers only want to work with models who need all the airbrushing isnt offering up discussion. Its bashing models that were listed in there and making you seem bitter you were on none of the lists.

Aug 07 07 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Beatbox Jeebus v2

Palatine, Illinois, US

Daniela V wrote:

Dude, I was offering up discussion in Christopher's thread. He even said so.

And I'm confident enough in my work not to worry about which lists I am and am not on. Thanks for your concern though.

FYI You are on my awesome and do not fuck with list...

Aug 07 07 02:21 pm Link

Model

Amber Morrow

New York, New York, US

Hahaha this is great smile

Aug 07 07 02:22 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Michael Bell wrote:

Making multiple, negative posts about how photographers only want to work with models who need all the airbrushing isnt offering up discussion. Its bashing models that were listed in there and making you seem bitter you were on none of the lists.

What multiple posts?

I opened up a thread weeks ago discussing photoshop in glamour photography. It actually was a damn good discussion. There was bashing going on, but not by me. There was even outing going on, but again, not by me.

If I look bitter to you, I don't really care. I have nothing to be bitter about. I do just fine as a model, thanks (again) for your concern.

Aug 07 07 02:23 pm Link

Model

Jordan K

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

it's these new female web models. if you really want someone to flake like they should, you need a web male model. they always have something just coming up. and as for nudes, no way in hell. As well, the charge exuberant rates. thats what you need.

Aug 07 07 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

K -- O

Boonsboro, Maryland, US

Daniela V wrote:

What multiple posts?

I opened up a thread weeks ago discussing photoshop in glamour photography. It actually was a damn good discussion. There was bashing going on, but not by me. There was even outing going on, but again, not by me.

If I look bitter to you, I don't really care. I have nothing to be bitter about. I do just fine as a model, thanks (again) for your concern.

With a punch to the gut

Aug 07 07 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Al Perry

Roy, Utah, US

Great thread.  Thanks for a smile.  Models are great.  My pictures would be nothing without them.

Aug 07 07 02:25 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

K -- O wrote:

With a punch to the gut

I heart you.

Aug 07 07 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Daniela V wrote:
What multiple posts?

The FIVE posts you made in that thread bashing models in there saying that they "required" all the photoshop. Dont make me post em in here.

Aug 07 07 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

R. Cervelli

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I think we should all chip in and help schedule a shoot with Daniela and Michael.

I would love to SEE those images smile

Aug 07 07 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

K -- O

Boonsboro, Maryland, US

Michael Bell wrote:

The FIVE posts you made in that thread bashing models in there saying that they "required" all the photoshop. Dont make me post em in here.

That would be threadjacking.

Aug 07 07 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Just put down the camera and just sit there.

Then the model might pay attention.
I've given up being nice I try to work to a standard anything below I will walk away from.
I know of 2 very well know photographers who have either refused to shoot a model or asked them to leave.

Aug 07 07 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Michael Bell wrote:

I call hijack.  This thread is about humor and fun and acknowledging all the reliable, responsible models out there busting their asses to do a good job.  Take the who bashed who tit for tat elsewhere.  Thanks.

Aug 07 07 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Aug 07 07 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Michael Bell wrote:

Are you trying to make me get myself brigged? sad

Aug 07 07 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

K -- O

Boonsboro, Maryland, US

what a buzz kill

Aug 07 07 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

R. Cervelli

like driving home buzzed and you look in the rearview mirror and see flashing lights?

Aug 07 07 02:37 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Tim Hammond wrote:
Are you trying to make me get myself brigged? sad

Tim-

He's bringing a conversation that I had with Ward and Steven Eastwood about what makes a photographer want to work with certain models into your thread.

I like what you were trying to do here. Nice thread. I get equally annoyed when I speak to a photographer and they have all these brand new ideas and are excited and ready to shoot when I get there. People like Stacy Leigh, Will Springfield, John Cooper, Yani...ugh...so annoying how they are always psyched to shoot and make you want to take pictures for hours on end. Damn those people.

smile

edit: out of respect for you (and for the OP of the other thread he already hijacked) I will not be responding to Michael in hopes that he will just get bored and go somewhere else...and that your thread can continue with the good stuff it started.

Aug 07 07 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Squire Photography

London, England, United Kingdom

so where did you bury her remains?

Photographer

K -- O

Boonsboro, Maryland, US

Bob Cervelli wrote:
like driving home buzzed and you look in the rearview mirror and see flashing lights?

Hate that.

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Bob Cervelli wrote:

No, more like driving home buzzed and you look in the rearview mirror and see Carrie Nation with her bible and hatchet.

Aug 07 07 02:39 pm Link

Model

_Blip_

Tampa, Florida, US

popcorn

So much for a positive thread about models in the forums. I knew it couldn't last for long. Nice try though guys! hmm

Aug 07 07 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Horn

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Christ...   great thread gets whacked again by one jerk....

Aug 07 07 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Negative Altitude wrote:
Christ...   great thread gets whacked again by one jerk....

I know, shes evil smile

Aug 07 07 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

R. Cervelli

Tim, I was going to hijack and start a new thread of "Models that irritate you" and then post up the reliable models and why they "POSITIVELY" irritate you with stuff like

"I hate this one cause she shows up 1/2 hour early and steamcleans her clothing"

or

"This one paid for her own flight and brought her own make-up artist"

the reverse of outting  call it "inning"

your deal though.. won't steal it from you smile

Aug 07 07 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Bob Cervelli wrote:
Tim, I was going to hijack and start a new thread of "Models that irritate you" and then post up the reliable models and why they "POSITIVELY" irritate you with stuff like

"I hate this one cause she shows up 1/2 hour early and steamcleans her clothing"

or

"This one paid for her own flight and brought her own make-up artist"

the reverse of outting  call it "inning"

your deal though.. won't steal it from you smile

Careful, if we have two positive threads about models going at the same time, the earth might shatter.  Go for it!

Aug 07 07 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

R. Cervelli

Actually was going to, but then again.. SOMEONE will read it wrong and could turn into a brigfest.

Aug 07 07 02:49 pm Link

Model

Isobel Wren

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

LOL, I like this take on it better than any other thread with a similar title ever.

Aug 07 07 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Horn

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Michael Bell wrote:

I know, shes evil smile

and so full of himself too...

That's it, your 15 minutes are up.  I will go back to ignoring you.

Aug 07 07 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sector 6

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Web Models...Don't reply to a casting post if you are not really interested.  Stop wasting the time of people who work for a living.

Aug 07 07 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Visual Into-xXx-ication

Senecaville, Ohio, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
I don't get it.  I was contacted by a wannabe model on myspace.  Crazy girl wanted to shoot nude and didn't want money. (I know, that should have been my first warning, but I tend to trust people, what can I say?) Anyway, we e-mailed several times, made arrangements.  Wouldn't you know it - SHE SHOWED UP! And on TIME even!  What the hell?!  I don't know where she gets off acting like that!  Then, to top it off, she ticked off every pose I asked for, just like clockwork.

Now I probably shouldn't admit it, but this has happened to me several times, not only with myspace, but with MM models too.  I know, you're probably all asking how many times it takes me to learn my lesson.  I guess I'm just a sucker.  How can I avoid this in the future?

Someone really needs to tell these freaking web models to quit acting like responsible professionals!  Models, take some advice: if you wannabe a web model, you better flake like you mean it.  Otherwise no one will ever take you seriously!  When I go to the web for a model, I expect a flake, and I'm getting really sick of being disappointed.

HOW DARE SHE! SOME PEOPLES CHILDREN SICKEN ME!  lmfao this is great

Aug 07 07 02:56 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Sector 6  wrote:
Web Models...Don't reply to a casting post if you are not really interested.  Stop wasting the time of people who work for a living.

Way to continue to keep this negative....

*sigh*

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Sector 6  wrote:

WHOOOSH!

Photographer

Ed Stringbourne

Kansas City, Missouri, US

NYBlondes wrote:
She shot nude and for free??? How did you manage that???

I had a net model pay me to shoot her nude today. She loved the pix too, bless her!

Aug 07 07 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Sector 6

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Daniela V wrote:

Way to continue to keep this negative....

*sigh*

That was the point, was it not?

Aug 07 07 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

DannyBourne wrote:

I had a net model pay me to shoot her nude today. She loved the pix too, bless her!

Danny, I hope you charge more to shoot with no clothes on.

Aug 07 07 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

R. Cervelli

Sector 6  wrote:

Tim Hammond wrote:

WHOOOSH!

hahahah I rest my case smile

Aug 07 07 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

OP, I know how you feel.  I have had every model I arranged to shoot from here turn up.  make up artists and studio hires too. It makes me sick.

Aug 07 07 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

R. Cervelli

Sector 6  wrote:

That was the point, was it not?

Read the OP.... it was a positive not a negative..

Photographer

Ed Stringbourne

Kansas City, Missouri, US

gdsandy wrote:

Danny, I hope you charge more to shoot with no clothes on.

I thought I'd got it wrong! Is it the model that's supposed to be nude?