Forums > Model Colloquy > No, it's YOU disappointing ME

Model

Phoenyx

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

If my guy was that controlling, I'd ditch him and find someone else.  Men who don't want their girlfriend modeling because they don't want her to show skin are insecure about themselves.  The guy probably thinks that someone will see that pic and steal her from him.  My guy totally supports me in whatever I do including modeling.  He also thinks it's a total turn-on and wants copies of some of the hotter pics!  I'm also an actor and he's fine with me kissing another man in love scenes.  To have a successful relationship my Mom always told me, "You can have trust without love, but never love without trust."

Tim and I - together for almost 4 years.
https://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/writejoelle/8.jpg

Dec 27 07 12:38 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

The_N_Word  wrote:

I prefer to say "Your head is big and you are fat".

I'm using that in one of my letters to one of my family members that I'm disowning.

Want credit?

Dec 27 07 12:38 pm Link

Model

Tiffany x

Miami, Arizona, US

New Dawn Photography wrote:

...or ask them what they're doing spending all of their time looking at nudes on the web...

Ok:-)

Dec 27 07 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Creativity Farm

Westville, New Jersey, US

Tiffany x wrote:

All I do is going to school and taking care of my baby.But they are still looking for pictures on internet then they find me and tell me I am whore:-(.

Let's see... these people have nothing better in their lives than to troll the internet looking for pictures of you?  Sounds like a productive life to me.

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:
I'm using that in one of my letters to one of my family members that I'm disowning.

Want credit?

mmhm! smile

Photographer

swhnyc

New York, New York, US

People let "love" become an excuse for getting bullied, belittled and pushed around because the people in their lives break down their sense of self-value over a long, steady process -- consciously or unconsciously.  The victims (most often girls who are wonderful and have so much to offer) come to be convinced that they're only worth what these assholes tell them they are worth.  It's awful. 

If I had to choose between "love" and or self-empowerment, I'd take autonomy in a second.  Of course, I don't really believe in love (in the romantic sense) -- but that's another issue altogether.

Model

Stella K

New York, New York, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:
Isn't the definition of a whore someone that sleeps around?

I think you need to get paid for it too.

Anyway, "fuck 'em if they can't deal!" has always been my attitude & thus the OP is so right.

Dec 27 07 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

It is sad when someone has such control over someone else.

I have known several glamour models that stopped doing glamour or lingerie anymore because their b/f doen't approve. They are out of modeling now, what a shame.

If I were still married, my wife would have MAJOR issues with what I do. Glad I'm not married smile

Just because your SO is very insecure doesn't give them the right to control you. Keep in mind that it still takes 2 and these models are letting themselves be controlled... why? I will never understand it, there are plenty of very secure people out there who would be proud of what you do. I know I would be proud.

Dec 27 07 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

swhnyc wrote:
People let "love" become an excuse for getting bullied, belittled and pushed around because the people in their lives break down their sense of self-value over a long, steady process -- consciously or unconsciously.  The victims (most often girls who are wonderful and have so much to offer) come to be convinced that they're only worth what these assholes tell them they are worth.  It's awful. 

If I had to choose between "love" and or self-empowerment, I'd take autonomy in a second.  Of course, I don't really believe in love (in the romantic sense) -- but that's another issue altogether.

Calling them VICTIMS is unfair to TRUE victims..

These people CHOOSE it, stay when they have a choice not to, and change their own definitions to maintain the relationship.. that is not being victimized, that is making bad choices and having to live with the outcome of those choices..

Because as SOON as the relationship ends, they can tell you how they should have behaved differently and not accepted it.. So they accept it KNOWINGLY.. and justify it to themselves and others while they are in it..

So dont throw that VICTIM tag around so loosely..

Dec 27 07 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

swhnyc wrote:

I would rather be alone the rest of my life than give up my art for a woman.

Dec 27 07 12:45 pm Link

Retoucher

Elite Touch Studio

Atlanta, Georgia, US

(*singing* "I'm Somebody" from Dreamgirls Soundtrack)..."I'm somebody, somebody and nobody's gonna hold me down..." smile

Great Rant!! Huge applause from me!

Dec 27 07 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

I asked a nude model I worked with if her husband was supportive. she said "he doesn't have a choice" I applauded her

Dec 27 07 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

swhnyc

New York, New York, US

UIPHOTOS wrote:
Calling them VICTIMS is unfair to TRUE victims..

These people CHOOSE it, stay when they have a choice not to, and change their own definitions to maintain the relationship.. that is not being victimized, that is making bad choices and having to live with the outcome of those choices..

Because as SOON as the relationship ends, they can tell you how they should have behaved differently and not accepted it.. So they accept it KNOWINGLY.. and justify it to themselves and others while they are in it..

So dont throw that VICTIM tag around so loosely..

vic·tim      / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vik-tim] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency: a victim of an automobile accident. 
2. a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance, by the dishonesty of others, or by some impersonal agency: a victim of misplaced confidence; the victim of a swindler; a victim of an optical illusion.

Dec 27 07 12:52 pm Link

Model

pretty pleads

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

perfectly put daniella- rad post, as always!

Dec 27 07 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Phoenyx wrote:
Men who don't want their girlfriend modeling because they don't want her to show skin are insecure about themselves.  The guy probably thinks that someone will see that pic and steal her from him.

Exactly.

Dec 27 07 12:55 pm Link

Model

Sheena

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Kudos to you girlie!

I showed my mother (for the first time) a few of my nudes a week or two ago she laughed and said "you're crazy" .....what more can a girl ask for??? lol.

Dec 27 07 12:56 pm Link

Model

ZZADEN

Los Angeles, California, US

I agree with you!

I believe in Karma:

My dad and his family never supported anything i did, They were like you should be a doctor instead of an actor (They make it seem like being a doctor is as easy as a minimum wage job)

Now all my aunts and uncles from his side Including my Dad are in jail.

So really do what you want as cheesy as that sounds, If you keep letting people get to you that means there doing the modeling for you. So keep doing what your doing.

Good luck smile

Dec 27 07 12:57 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Sheena wrote:
I showed my mother (for the first time) a few of my nudes a week or two ago she laughed and said "you're crazy" .....

That's what my mother said to me when I walked in front of the MetLife building in NYC wearing only heels for Gary Breckheimer wink

Dec 27 07 12:58 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Hussein wrote:
I agree with you!

I believe in Karma:

My dad and his family never supported anything i did, They were like you should be a doctor instead of an actor (They make it seem like being a doctor is as easy as a minimum wage job)

Now all my aunts and uncles from his side Including my Dad are in jail.

So really do what you want as cheesy as that sounds, If you keep letting people get to you that means there doing the modeling for you. So keep doing what your doing.

Good luck smile

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my ass off.

I don't really think that has anything to do with karma.

Dec 27 07 12:59 pm Link

Model

Chicago Model

Chicago, Illinois, US

raising my glass to toast you!

Dec 27 07 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

Tiffany x wrote:
I don't know.I quit modeling 2 years ago because  I coludn't take it.People were telling me I am whore all the time:-(I like my pics but I don't like if somebody who knows me can see them...

WE ARE ALL WHORES, pimps, hookers, etc... in that EVERYBODY we knows, does what they do for MONEY/LOVE/FAME.

We feed off of others, for our very survival. NEVER give up who and what you are for ANYBODY.

Peace to all and a very HAPPY & prosperous New Year!!!

Oliver

Dec 27 07 01:03 pm Link

Model

ZZADEN

The_N_Word  wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my ass off.

I don't really think that has anything to do with karma.

lool i can see why you dont, but to me it is, trust me. There's alot more to the story.

Dec 27 07 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

swhnyc

New York, New York, US

Fantasy On Film wrote:
WE ARE ALL WHORES, pimps, hookers, etc... in that EVERYBODY we knows, does what they do for MONEY/LOVE/FAME.

We feed off of others, for our very survival. NEVER give up who and what you are for ANYBODY.

I quote Sex and the City (sadly): Sex is power; money is power.  Therefore sex for money is simply an exchange of power.

Dec 27 07 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

I know exactly the thread that inspired this.

The most appalling part of that thread is when she stated HER HUSBAND decided she shouldn't do nudes.

Unbelievable.

Dec 27 07 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

The Elle Word wrote:
raising my glass to toast you!

I knew you would show up for this one!

Dec 27 07 01:10 pm Link

Model

KPB

Cleveland, Ohio, US

It's nice to look at this topic this way...to approach it from a different angle.  I'll read through this whole thread later today.  I really like the topic.

Dec 27 07 01:11 pm Link

Model

Kaeti

Olympia, Washington, US

Nice!

Dec 27 07 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

RA Photos

Sumter, South Carolina, US

Probably one of the best threads I have ever read, and so on the money with your point.  Sadly this country has a big hang up on nudity, but no problem with violence.  Religon has too much influence with a lot of families and if a member of the family shows a little skin they shun them.  Which is horrible, if your family or loved ones should support what you do.  I am sick of hearing I would love to pose nude but my family or boyfriend won't let me, which is just a lame excuse.  If you don't want to do something, then let it be your choice, not someone else. 

Anyhow, you rock Daniela.

Dec 27 07 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

The Illuminated Pixel

Greenfield, Massachusetts, US

*** cheers to the OP.

Dec 27 07 01:14 pm Link

Model

Chicago Model

Chicago, Illinois, US

Tiffany x wrote:
quote]
All I do is going to school and taking care of my baby.But they are still looking for pictures on internet then they find me and tell me I am whore:-(.

That's really sad.....I went through the same exact thing.

Dec 27 07 01:22 pm Link

Model

Chicago Model

Chicago, Illinois, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

I knew you would show up for this one!

Ha~ Greg! you know me so well!

Dec 27 07 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:
Nude modeling.
Glamour modeling.
Art modeling.
Showing any skin whatsoever....

You don't approve of my modeling? I don't approve of you.
It's YOU disappointing ME.

/rant.

Well said,unfortunalty, it's just human nature.

Dec 27 07 01:28 pm Link

Model

Sheena

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:

That's what my mother said to me when I walked in front of the MetLife building in NYC wearing only heels for Gary Breckheimer wink

Funny mine made that comment for a G. Breckheimer shot also!!!

wink

Dec 27 07 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

The Elle Word wrote:
Ha~ Greg! you know me so well!

Did you see the new labia thread?

EDIT: Oops - sorry! That was a slight hijack, wasn't it. My apologies.

Dec 27 07 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:
Nude modeling.
Glamour modeling.
Art modeling.

Countless threads on "my family/boyfriend/husband/girlfriend doesn't approve and it hurts...what do I do?"

Has anyone ever thought to say to that person or those people that it's THEM disappointing YOU and not the other way around?

Why is it that people in our lives feel that it's simply perfect for them to tell us how we should conduct our modeling (i.e. nudes and not doing nudes) and it's not OK for us to be upset with them? Why do THEY get to be upset with US but we don't get to be upset and disappointed at how close minded they are?

Folks- if there is a person in your life, or people that say they can't handle your modeling (Esp. for you nude models out there) then express to them that you are hurt by that and move on. )Put it on them. Don't sit there and say "how do I handle this because my so-and-so doesn't approve", but instead say to that so-and-so that YOU don't approve of THEIR negativity toward modeling nude or just modeling in general.

I'm disappointed in those that are close to models and don't support them. I think it's bullshit. I think it's the models that should be upset and not their family or friends or significant others.

I'm just tired of these threads.

You don't approve of my modeling? I don't approve of you.
It's YOU disappointing ME.

Try that next time someone gives you crap. That doesn't work? Walk away.

/rant.

Please give me an address to send a bunch of Roses to you!!!

Thanks you so much for saying this!!

Dec 27 07 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

TruKurd

this is great.
and applies to shooters as well.
I've never been concerned with what people think...because I look at them with the attitude of "i couldn't be LESS impressed with you....and i'm going to LISTEN to you?"

Dec 27 07 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Robert NYC

New York, New York, US

Daniela Victoria  wrote:
Nude modeling.
Glamour modeling.
Art modeling.

Countless threads on "my family/boyfriend/husband/girlfriend doesn't approve and it hurts...what do I do?"

Has anyone ever thought to say to that person or those people that it's THEM disappointing YOU and not the other way around?

Try that next time someone gives you crap. That doesn't work? Walk away.

/rant.

Hear hear! Very well said!
As I mentioned in another thread the other day, if one's husband would end a relationship over  pursuing a dream (the OP in the other thread called it such), he's not as supportive as one thinks. And it won't *only* be the nude modeling he doesn't support, but any sort of action that doesn't fall within his acceptable realm (a college degree, perhaps, or evenings with one's girlfriends or whatever).

As long as one is on the up-and-up (so the Significant Other isn't surprised by web-surfing coworkers or something), one should expect at least understanding, if not support. Parents can be tougher, but we're always gonna disappoint them some way. It ought to at least be beautiful.

Dec 27 07 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

"My name is Daniela Victoria, and I approve this message."

Dec 27 07 01:37 pm Link

Model

Feral Oneiric

Portland, Oregon, US

MelissaLynnette LaDiva wrote:
https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/sionprincess/Smileys%20etc/applause.gif

Dec 27 07 01:39 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Greg Kolack wrote:
I know exactly the thread that inspired this.

The most appalling part of that thread is when she stated HER HUSBAND decided she shouldn't do nudes.

Unbelievable.

It was that thread and my own fucked up family.

Dec 27 07 01:42 pm Link