Forums > Critique > 2am NYC time... time for a (brutal) critique

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Lydia007 wrote:
id love one!

You have a nice body and exotic face, but some of your pics make you look like you're 32 not 22. work on conveying more emotion in your shots. I'd also look at meeting more artistic photographers, you have an exotic look, with the right photographer and MUA you could get some killer shots done.

Apr 07 08 12:04 am Link

Model

Lydia007

Provincetown, Massachusetts, US

missjenny wrote:
You have a nice body and exotic face, but some of your pics make you look like you're 32 not 22. work on conveying more emotion in your shots. I'd also look at meeting more artistic photographers, you have an exotic look, with the right photographer and MUA you could get some killer shots done.

haha thanks, which ones do you think i look 32 in?

Apr 07 08 12:06 am Link

Photographer

ShaolinTiger

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hit me up with the honesty if you're still doing it.

Apr 07 08 12:17 am Link

Model

Joey N

JACKSON HEIGHTS, New York, US

missjenny wrote:
what do I think of your portfolio? respond here and i'll let you know!
if i think your work sucks, i'll tell you. if i like it, i'll tell you.

How about me??

Apr 07 08 12:30 am Link

Model

Druax

Seattle, Washington, US

missjenny wrote:

Well rounded port. some pics i would do without. The shot in jeans and a t-shirt where you are holding on to the ceiling joist i would get rid of, it has a bad light, bleaches you out. Also I would work on a little more muscle definition. Your first pictures looks good

Thanks!

Apr 07 08 12:49 am Link

Model

Jinx DeLusion

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

how about me?

Apr 07 08 12:52 am Link

Model

Victoria Veins

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

missjenny wrote:

you are a beautiful girl, but you need to diversify your portfolio with more concept and vision. find a photographer whose work you really adore for his creativity and aesthetic beauty. the key word here is CREATIVITY. your photos all look like prom shots. and also, the black and white string swing thing is my least favorite because it's a concept that has been recycled since the beginning of time and the photographer didn't pull it off very well.
find better photographers to show your beauty.

thankyou very much, i hope in time i will find photographers to do the interesting and breath taking shots i seek
xo

Apr 07 08 01:28 am Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

do tell me I'm a pumpkin...a white one smile

Apr 07 08 01:30 am Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Lydia007 wrote:

haha thanks, which ones do you think i look 32 in?

Scholar this! and Dior in the stairwell.....

Apr 07 08 10:11 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Shaolin Photo wrote:
Hit me up with the honesty if you're still doing it.

well, at first i thought your pool picture looked boring, but i looked closer and it's actually quite beautiful. it's just that the pool shots have been done so many times before, so i was less inclined to think it looked nice.
the only one i can say that might not cut it is the "no park" photo because of the shadow. i think the photo would be more remarkable without the shadow.
I can't see anything wrong with your port. to me, it's beautiful, colorful and creative. keep doing what you're doing and get some more great shots in there.

Apr 07 08 10:16 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Joey N wrote:

How about me??

your port needs a lot of work. the pictures look cheap and they do nothing to help your looks. the guys on the stairwell done looks like your friend took it on his camera phone. the bike is really distracting and the colors look flat. the last one aint working because you can see the flash in the rims of your sunglasses, plus the background is two totally different colors.
you need to find some good photographers that have creative stuff that can ad to your image. i see potential but it needs to be realized.....without it, its a waste.

Apr 07 08 10:20 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Jinx The Megatron  wrote:
how about me?

compared to the second row of images, the rest of your port is nothing. the second row of photos shows a lot of color and creativity, while the others look boring in comparison. there is no post production put into some of your photos, making you look fat when you are far from it (second pic, next to your left knee...looks like lines or cellulite and i doubt you have any of that). i think the first two pics screw up your port and make it look cheap because they look mediocre in comparison to the others.
also, work on your facial expressions. again, in teh second photo, you show no emotion..... as a model, you should want to convey an emotion in your photos, or else you look like some chick that stood in front of a camera. what story do you want to tell? work on telling it through your face.

Apr 07 08 10:25 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Koray wrote:
do tell me I'm a pumpkin...a white one smile

if that's what you want to be, that's what you are!
your photos are art.... beautiful and elegant and each one tells a story. your pics remind me of the movie pan's labryinth... and you know that movie won 29837402 oscars, so you gotta be doing something right. you have a crazy imagination, which sets you apart... whatever you're doing, keep doing it.... you got it down.

the only picture im not sure about is the two girls with the red background. i don't know what you're trying to portray there....it looks like you just threw some "hot girls" in your port just to say you had some. for me, that shot doesn't do anything and looks boring compared to the others.
smile

Apr 07 08 10:30 pm Link

Model

Aaron Wright

Brooklyn, New York, US

a bit past 2am

Apr 07 08 11:01 pm Link

Model

Nichole Hopkins

Los Angeles, California, US

me?  smile

Apr 07 08 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Petkoff

New York, New York, US

Hi Miss Jenny,

If you are still going strong, why not cast a glance at my port?  Thanks.

Apr 07 08 11:16 pm Link

Model

DevinC

Bradenton, Florida, US

Im new but Please tell me what you think so far

Apr 07 08 11:27 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Nicole Hopkins wrote:
me?  smile

my favorite picture in your port is the sword photo with evan moore. you look beautiful. i'm not sure how i feel about the headshot with you in a red top. normally headshots are straight on headshots, with no hands in the hair or anything. this looks like a hybrid between a headshot and a beauty shot, but i don't think it does anything for you. it's quite obvious you aren't big by any stretch of the imagination, but the gray shot of you by nick hornbrook does not flatter you at all. you are leaning over and your stomach looks strange, plus your legs are at a bad angle, which makes you look bigger than you are. work on some new poses. you're a pretty girl so you have potential, but your port is a little bit weak right now. try diversifying with more photographers and more creativity.

Apr 07 08 11:30 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Robert Petkoff wrote:
Hi Miss Jenny,

If you are still going strong, why not cast a glance at my port?  Thanks.

my favorite shot is the one of candestine wehre she is in a green hallway because you mixed a model with a beautiful location. this shot tells me stories. you have some interesting concepts (pink dress, yellow wig) but i'd like to see you take these and run with them. you have a good start...just keep going with your concept. the rest is unremarkable. don't like the pic of jen in toledo at all because it looks like a gratuitous tit shot. the fact that she was topless did nothing to the pic. did you just put it in there to show boob? what was the reason for her being topless? plus theres all kinds of crap on the table. it's really quite distracting.
the rest border between decent and good. some of them have aesthetic beauty from the lines and shadows, others dont. love the first picture of reven because you see sadness in her eyes and an empty bed behind her. the second one doesn't do the same. her expression isn't as meaningful.
also, you could use some post production work on these pics. reven is beautiful but you didn't edit out her wrinkles or do anything to even the skintone. something else you might want to think about.
keep working, you'll get it!

Apr 07 08 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Petkoff

New York, New York, US

Thanks for taking the time.  I appreciate the comments.  My storytelling is still my weak point.  Still trying to figure out what I want to say I guess.

Cheers!

Robert

Apr 08 08 12:06 am Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

DevinC wrote:
Im new but Please tell me what you think so far

so far, i see potential.
you're tall and skinny with a unique face, so you're perfect for high fashion. why don't you try photographers that do this type of look? also, try going to some agencies. you have the right look...it could be quite lucrative. check it out smile
you need to work with more than one photographer, but like you said, you're still new.
keep working with new photographers until you find someone you work well with.
try with some high fashion poses in front of the mirror and also use it to check out your facial expressions. you don't want to look emotionless in front of the camera.
good luck!

Apr 08 08 12:12 am Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Robert Petkoff wrote:
Thanks for taking the time.  I appreciate the comments.  My storytelling is still my weak point.  Still trying to figure out what I want to say I guess.

Cheers!

Robert

no prob!

Apr 08 08 12:12 am Link

Model

Jennifer Tyler

Robert Petkoff wrote:

Cheers!

Robert

Don't worry, you'll get there.

Apr 09 08 10:03 am Link

Photographer

IHB Photography

Queen Creek, Arizona, US

Looking for a quick chew out.

Apr 09 08 10:05 am Link

Model

SophieS

Shanghai, Shanghai, China

Hi, i'd love to know what you think.

Apr 09 08 10:12 am Link

Model

Des Tinee

Brookfield, Wisconsin, US

shoot im always intrested.

Apr 09 08 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Peter Manik

Montgomery, New York, US

If you would be so kind.... Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

peter

Apr 09 08 10:44 am Link