Forums > Model Colloquy > Is This A Scam?

Model

MissBreton

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You can tell it's a scam when they offer you a lot of money and are too nice haha. Most photographers are so professional that they don't even seem relatively interested in "how good looking you are". RiDONKUlous haha

Dec 31 08 11:15 pm Link

Model

jessicax84

Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)

Anyone heard of this infotv.com? I got a message from someone from there asking to discuss about working together, but we're in 2 different continents and I'm not so egoistic to think that my portfolio is THAT impressive... so should I even get back to him?

Jan 18 09 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

jessicax84 wrote:
Anyone heard of this infotv.com? I got a message from someone from there asking to discuss about working together, but we're in 2 different continents and I'm not so egoistic to think that my portfolio is THAT impressive... so should I even get back to him?

Best guess is you did not really get a message from someone there.  What is important is what the message says, not who claims to be saying it.  I would hope that is one of the things you would learn from this thread.

Jan 18 09 07:59 pm Link

Model

Caperucita Roja

London, England, United Kingdom

Alright TX smile

Do you happen to know anything about the site mentioned in my thread here please,

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=398785

(http://www.tlc.sm4.biz)

Jan 18 09 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Caperucita Roja wrote:
Alright TX smile

Do you happen to know anything about the site mentioned in my thread here please,

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=398785

(http://www.tlc.sm4.biz)

No, I don't.  I have a pretty low opinion of "web agencies" in general, but can't say anything about this particular one.

Jan 18 09 09:06 pm Link

Model

jessicax84

Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)

TXPhotog wrote:

Best guess is you did not really get a message from someone there.  What is important is what the message says, not who claims to be saying it.  I would hope that is one of the things you would learn from this thread.

They didn't mention anything about money, or ask for my personal details (YET)etc, so I suppose I can reply and ask for details...

Jan 19 09 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

jessicax84 wrote:
They didn't mention anything about money, or ask for my personal details (YET)etc, so I suppose I can reply and ask for details...

They rarely do ask for money.

They rarely are who they say they are, so the name doesn't matter.

Did you read the first post in this thread?  All of it?  Did the email look like anything in that list?

Jan 19 09 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

GAETANO CATELLI STUDIOS

Oxford, Mississippi, US

jessicax84 wrote:
... we're in 2 different continents and I'm not so egoistic to think that my portfolio is THAT impressive... so should I even get back to him?

no.

Jan 19 09 08:46 pm Link

Model

Kelsey-leigh

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I am glad you posted all of the emails people usually get

Jan 19 09 08:50 pm Link

Model

Loli Anna

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I've seen people almost scammed in person before. The company had an ad on the radio. I showed up at the "scouting" to check it out with a friend. They boasted a clean record on the Best Business Bureau website for 2 years running. But when you do research it's only because they changed their name because of the horrible reputation on the previous.

Personally, I searched for things like similar addresses, phone numbers, even just typing in a company name and the first result saying "Possible Scam" is a redflag. (I actually got a physical description of the 2 scam artists!)

This one in particular claimed to have an online listing of modeling jobs that you had to pay a fee to have access to. (Easily accessed without an account)

All I can say is... Research, research, research. Google, google, google.

Surely many of you have heard of such a thing but I thought I'd post this just in case there were someone who hadn't.

Anyone care to expand on this? Please?

Jan 20 09 03:00 am Link

Model

Wugget

TX Photog, could you organise for a copy of your email to be send automatically to newbies when they join?  If you're all getting annoyed of the same innocent "Is this a scam?" emails being posted every day, maybe it's time to change your tactic?

Jan 20 09 03:10 am Link

Model

Angie Hepp

Porter, Texas, US

Does this sound fishy to you?

Hello Angie,

and happy new year, we are Model Search International, a company who organize events in Europe, Seychelles, Morocco and South Africa.

Our events are mainly to collect founds for our Organization call “SAVE OUR SEAS” www.saveourseas.com, also known as SOSF.

We are looking for models, misses, artists, singers, etc to join us in those events.

The events are normally about a week of your trip. It will be $2000.00 which we pay in cash the night before you leave the event to go back home.

THE 3 EVENTS FOR JAN. AND FEB. AND APRIL TO MOROCCO

PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP,

GLADYS RAMOS 305 281 1250 EMAIL: [email protected]
STEVEN SANTANA 305 742 1387 [email protected]

PS WE WILL NEED YOUR E-MAIL OR YOUR NR. TO GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU VERY SOON.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

MODEL SEARCH INTERNATIONAL
gladys ramos palonmino
WaltervonCronberg Platz 1-Suite 1902
60594 Frankfurt am Main
305 281 1250
+49-1708957585

Jan 20 09 06:02 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Angie Hepp wrote:
Does this sound fishy to you?

Hello Angie,

and happy new year, we are Model Search International, a company who organize events in Europe, Seychelles, Morocco and South Africa.

Our events are mainly to collect founds for our Organization call “SAVE OUR SEAS” www.saveourseas.com, also known as SOSF.

We are looking for models, misses, artists, singers, etc to join us in those events.

The events are normally about a week of your trip. It will be $2000.00 which we pay in cash the night before you leave the event to go back home.

THE 3 EVENTS FOR JAN. AND FEB. AND APRIL TO MOROCCO

PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP,

GLADYS RAMOS 305 281 1250 EMAIL: [email protected]
STEVEN SANTANA 305 742 1387 [email protected]

PS WE WILL NEED YOUR E-MAIL OR YOUR NR. TO GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU VERY SOON.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

MODEL SEARCH INTERNATIONAL
gladys ramos palonmino
WaltervonCronberg Platz 1-Suite 1902
60594 Frankfurt am Main
305 281 1250
+49-1708957585

How can you read this thread and possibly not know the answer to that question?

Jan 20 09 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wugget wrote:
TX Photog, could you organise for a copy of your email to be send automatically to newbies when they join?  If you're all getting annoyed of the same innocent "Is this a scam?" emails being posted every day, maybe it's time to change your tactic?

I have nothing to do with the management of this site, so no, I cannot send anything to newbies when they join.

And yes, deliberate, studied ignorance annoys me.  Live with it.

Jan 20 09 07:44 am Link

Model

Lola Tatlyan

Los Angeles, California, US

Another one is Magretino Clothing Line.
Danny Moore is "the agent"
Offering a job in UK.

Feb 09 09 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

John Felici

Pascoag, Rhode Island, US

I think this whole thread is a scam

Feb 09 09 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

John Felici wrote:
I think this whole thread is a scam

LMAO!!!!  Ditto

Feb 10 09 05:03 am Link

Model

sammyswaffy

Orlando, Florida, US

So an offer of a high-paying modeling gig written on a sheet of toilet paper and pushed underneath the bathroom stall is a scam too???

DAMMIT.

*starts clicking heels ...3 times*

Feb 13 09 12:00 am Link

Model

Shanna Alperovich

Royal Oak, Michigan, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
To protect yourself from scams, you must do the following:

Send me all your contact information
Date of Birth
Your bank account numbers and social security number
Credit card numbers and expiration dates
Your mothers maiden name

This is really important so that you don't get scammed by anyone else

KM

Funny. keep waiting for my info. Any day now.

Thanks for the info. Sometimes if you read it quickly it seems legit, but you actually have to go through it. My anti-spammer bot works really well, so I don't get many of these, maybe 4-5 a month. Thanks again!

Mar 23 09 07:55 am Link

Photographer

ICT Photography

Wichita, Kansas, US

A Few more payments to the Prince of Nigeria, and I will be a Millionaire.  Then we will see who's laughing!!!  HA HA HA HA HA

Mar 23 09 08:03 am Link

Model

I am done

Aldouane, New Brunswick, Canada

WHAT about this ..

Hello,
   My name is David Jones,I have a $4000 pay Fashion job (Assignment) for you,My client wants to update her Catalog with her new year release Fashion outfits and I'm interested in you for the shooting,i'm a photographer by profession with 4 years experience smile. Find all details for the job below..

Job Location
The shooting will hold at a rented photographers studio in your location,so you don't have to worry about traveling,the name and address of the studio will be forwarded to you before the date of the shooting,all make up will be taken cared of in the studio.you can come along with any body of your choice on the day of the shooting,your mum,dad,friend,body-guard anybody you wish to come with just for you to feel more comfortable.

Job details
You have 12 different Fashion outfits to cover,which would be provided by our client on the day of the shooting.

Types of cloths:Jeans and Jackets
Name of client:Mrs Jennifer Bakker

Job percentage
The total pay for the jobs is $4,000 and you get $1,000 as your percentage.

Expectation
you need to have good and attractive poses .(start practicing) Basically this is all required of you,please get in touch with me if you will take the job and we can go from there,just let me know if you will take the job and i will give you extra details.Contact me Back at ( [email protected] ) for more Details......

Mar 24 09 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jessica Ryann wrote:
WHAT about this ..

It's the same as the others.  Did you need to post it to realize that?

Mar 24 09 06:15 pm Link

Model

I am done

Aldouane, New Brunswick, Canada

Naaa not really, just wanted to put my 2cents in smile

Jessica Ryann

TXPhotog wrote:

It's the same as the others.  Did you need to post it to realize that?

Mar 24 09 06:18 pm Link

Model

non esiste

Awlād Jallāl, Biskrah, Algeria

TXPhotog wrote:
If you can't tell that something as obvious as these are scams, you really need to to a lot more reading and thinking before you ever open another email.

Note:  You do not have to google anything.  You do not have to know the names.  You do not need to read one single word past what I have quoted here.  And for God’s sake, you don’t need to post the whole damned email here to know for a certainty that these are scams.  If you can’t tell that, you are a victim on the hoof.

All of these are real, as reported at great length here on MM by the recipients.

This is a scam:

We are looking for models, both male and female to
take shoots that will make this event unforgettable
and all participating models would be paid the sum of
$2500 each.

This is a scam:

Hello,
My name is Kyle Starr I am a freelance agent based in

the US and have branches also in Europe.

This is a scam:

I saw your profile and i must say you have  a Great and Stunning Body . You can call me Don by name , I have a $8,000 pay Fashion job for you.

This is a scam:

Hello,
My name is mark,I have a $8,500 pay Fashion job (Assignment) for you,

This is a scam:

Hi
My name is TIFFANY BILL, am a photographer and  freelance model agent.I
saw your head shot on www.petitemodel.net.SO GREAT AND AWESOME. We are
looking for many new and exciting Models and actors to represent in
Commercial Advertisements to represent many Companies and Corporations
using your Images we shoot.

This is a scam:

My name is Terry Cowell,you are one of the few people chosen out of the screening exercise performed by babe warehouse for us saying you have got the physical features we need for our cataloged update,

This is a scam:

HELLO
GOOD DAY AND AM HAPPY TO READ THROUGH YOUR PROFILE ON
MODELMAYHEM.COM.I HAVE BEEN HIRED TO RECRUIT MODELS FOR A PROMO ADVERT PIECE WORK FOR
EMMA COMPANY WORKS THIS SEASON,WHICH INVOLVES PHOTO SHOOTS THAT WILL BE
USED FOR BANNERS,BILL-BOARDS AND LITTLE HANDBILLS AND CATALOGS.

This is a scam:

Hi
My name is enny martins,you are one of the few people chosen out of the screening exercise performed by STARSEARCHCASTING for us saying you have got the physical features we need for our cataloged update

This is a scam:

Hi
      My name is William Smith,you are one of the few people chosen out of the screening exercise performed by model mayhem for us saying you have got the physical features we need for our catalogue update

This is a scam:

Hi My name is Thomas Dearden, I have a £6,000 pay Fashion job (Assignment) for you,
My client wants to update her Catalog with her new year release Fashion outfits

This is a scam:

"Good-day,

How are you doing hope you are fine.I am Jack Warner 45 years of age an international modeling agent working for SpotLight Models based in USA with branches in Across Europe.

This is a scam:

Hello, I saw your ads while surfing modelmayhem for Make up Artists who know well about Making up and has good pictures to show for it.my name is Sean Davies,Am a freelance modeling agent,fashion designer,and advertiser working for Unique magazine in getting MUA and recruiting models for the new project in usa.

This is a scam:

My name is Seidnaly Sidhamed and I am a fashion designer,owner of fashion label ,ALPHADI.

I am interested in working with you on a fashion show which I am certain that you will fit into.I will love to introduce you to yet another edition of my beauty /fashion show tagged 'RELEASING THE WILD '.I go around Africa/world yearly to recruit talented people like yourself.

This is a scam:

We at DAVID KOLAWOLE VAUGHAN FASHION HOUSE LTD (DAKOVA)  are pleased to introduce you to yet another edition of our beauty /fashion show tagged 'SUMMER COLLECTIONS' .We go around Africa/world yearly to recruit talented people like yourself.

This is a scam:

GOODDAY,
                     Top of the day to you ,im MR JACOB JAMES
             (advertising Manager) ALIBABA FABRICS AND
    TEXTILE LTD,Our company is looking for models
    intersted in taking shots/pics in our African
    fabrics and also seeking/ looking for
    representatives in the UNITED STATES.

This is a scam:

My name is Brian Cooper,i work for Glamour magazine in New York,recruiting models for Glamour Magazine and currently wanting make-up artist for our models in a new and special edition of the magazine.

This is a scam:

I am pleased to inform you that your info has been received.Moreso, after a long process of screening and thorough scrutiny,you have finally been chosen to participate in our fashion show coming up in London.The exact dates for the show is AUG 31ST and SEPT 2ND so takenote of that and make sure you keep the dates.
With that concluded,we have come to the end phase 1 which is recruiting of participants.

Now to phase 2.This phase will involve the organising of travel arrangements,hotels,feeding and all other miscellaneous that will be taken care of to ensure that you are comfortable during the duration of the show.

This is a scam:

The name
of the company is GNLD natural world wellness, it has just been established in
Denmark and they produce creams such as Face, Eye & Neck revitalizing serum,
Soothing Eye Ointment, Intense rejuvenating Face cream, Moisturizing firming
hand, body lotion, Neck & Eye ANTI-AGING firming cream, Rich Eye strengthening
cream, FLASH Treatment - Skin balance, pore tone mask, REJUVENATORY -
Hydrating, Reviving Anti-aging mask, Natural Cleansing Gel, Hydrating & Indulging
Passion Body Oil, re constructive hands, feet Ointment, Free radicals anti wrinkle
cream. Presently the company needs a model to advertise their products and i am
giving you the offer.

This is a scam:

Hello,
  My name is George Anderson.Am a freelance modeling agent working presently for Accordance Motors in Sacramento CA.I saw your profile and some of your works on ujenatalent,i really love  and appreciate them,I would like Us to do some works together.

This is a scam:

I am Barr. Joseph Smith, Press secretary for Abigail Betz, owner of Abigail Betz House of Couture.

I was just taking a tour of the modelmayhem website as I plan to organise a fashion show soon.Most importantly, we're planning to launch the label big in the UK, hence, I am searching for someone/individuals who I can use for my promotions( billboards,posters,flyer).

This is a scam:

I am in love with your work and I am really confident that you will do the Abigail Betz clothing Line proud by promoting my label with your very nice talent.I saw your profile on model mayhem.

Well the shoot is gonna be held at the exclusive resort and beach in Hotel Sanur Beach, Bali

This is a scam:

In respect of your porfolio posted to us by one of our accredited talent scout Mr.POWELL CALVIN, you have been chosen for an assignment.This reputable organisation write to inform you that after the screening exercise you have been selected and approved to model at the on-coming Eclat de Mode show which will be held on DECEMBER 20th to 24th 2006, in Paris.

This is a scam:

My name is Andrew Bryson,32 Male from United Kingdom and I'm currently working with a Boots Health & Beauty Magazine in London and we are currently wanting models for a new and special edition of the magazine.

International Models is what we are currently looking for,so our Editor in Chief and other members of the board decided we bring in you beautiful ladies from the United States and around the world.

This is a scam:

Male 29 from Georgia ( USA ) I am a commercial model and part time agent.
I feel you can be a model for top modeling agency.
Please let me know your interest and if you like to work as a model with top modeling agency.
I can provide you references and details to your lawyer/agent/manager which you need for checking me as a legal agent and my creditably.
Please let me know your interest.
I can scout for all kind of modeling
The model earn
Commercial modeling $15000 per month + other perks

For each and every one of those, IT IS OBVIOUS ON ITS FACE THAT IT IS A SCAM.  THE BUSINESS DOES NOT OPERATE THIS WAY.

It doesn’t make a bit of difference what else they say in the email.  Whatever it is, it’s bullshit.

It doesn’t matter that they don’t ask for money in the first email.  They rarely do.  The first email is just to set the hook, and get a response. 

It doesn’t matter what they say their name is, or who they claim they are working for.  They change their names.

Just read and try to understand

www.newmodels.com/Nigeria.html

what I would love to know if anyone can tell me is how these scams work?they offer u a job right? they offer u money in form of a check that they will send u? If you give them ur address they send u a fake check and than what? Illuminate me please....how does it work can they steal money from ur bank account because u tried to deposite a fake check? Non that I did any of this but I really would like to know.

Mar 25 09 09:49 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Cara Francis wrote:
I know this must sound quite thick, but what is it about these that makes them so noticeable?
I'm really new to this and would like to know how things are normally delt with as i have been contacted by someone already and would like to be able to tell who to trust (so to speak), and who not to.
If anyone would like to even PM me with some guidence that'd be great, but i think it would help alot of us newbs if someone could help with this.
Sorry to be such a geek, thanks.

If ANYONE is contacting you via EMAIL offering or promising work...IT"S A SCAM. Period. I'm pretty sure that's what TX meant by "the industry doesn't work that way."

Jobs don't fall into the laps of models.

Mar 25 09 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Kelly Watkins

San Diego, California, US

Nina Giardinelli wrote:
what I would love to know if anyone can tell me is how these scams work?they offer u a job right? they offer u money in form of a check that they will send u? If you give them ur address they send u a fake check and than what? Illuminate me please....how does it work can they steal money from ur bank account because u tried to deposite a fake check? Non that I did any of this but I really would like to know.

From what I understand, they will send you a check for say, $10,000 and from that amount, you are supposed to forward $3,000 of it onto someone else (like the supposed "photographer" or "art director"). So you withdraw the $3,000 thinking you will have $7,000 left over.

You take the $3,000 to Western Union, thinking you are paying someone on the team, when in actuality, you are sending $3,000 in cash to the scammers.

Meanwhile, you shop, go crazy, enjoy the $7,000. A week or two later, the bank realizes that you have tried to deposit a fake check because it won't clear through the bank written on the check. They don't know if you realize it or not, they don't care. They not only take out the $10,000 from your account, but they charge you a fine for causing them time and paperwork. At this point, you probably have less than $10,000 in your account because you've spent over half of it already, so it pretty much depletes whatever is left in your account (if not more, and you owe the bank!).

And you can't go after the scammers, because you sent them cash through Western Union which has no way of tracking down the recipient of that cash. So basically, they just made $3,000 off of you.... Sucker!

That's why anytime someone other than your Mom or Dad asks you to transfer money through Western Union.... you know it's a SCAM.

Mar 25 09 10:02 am Link

Photographer

ShutterSnaps

Leeds, England, United Kingdom

Not model related but I had 4 emails today telling me  "my bank account had security problems" form different banks!! I have on occasions when bored clicked on them and logged in false details.

Check out 419eaters.com it's hilarious.

Mar 25 09 10:07 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Kelly Watkins wrote:
At this point, you probably have less than $10,000 in your account because you've spent over half of it already

There never was $10,000 to begin with regardless of whether you spent anything or not, right?

Mar 25 09 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Kelly Watkins

San Diego, California, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
There never was $10,000 to begin with regardless of whether you spent anything or not, right?

On paper, there is - until the bank says, SORRY! Which is why some banks will fine you, because you cost the bank time and paperwork.

But usually, banks will not give you immediate access to the full amount until the check clears anyways - unless you have enough in your account already to cover it should it be a bad check, which is why the scammers only ask you to send a smaller portion of the check. You have to cover the $3,000 you withdrew already (and any additional amounts) to pay the bank back plus a fine, and it's a big pay off for the scammers for basically doing nothing.

Mar 25 09 10:20 am Link

Model

sstoehr

Edgewater, New Jersey, US

Thanks for this a lot. I'm a noobie and would have totally have gotten fooled. Thank you so much, have my love lol

Apr 16 09 03:37 pm Link

Model

YaZ Alt Model

San Pablo, Heredia, Costa Rica

I just get this email like a week ago:
"Hello,

My name is Eric Benert.I'm the chief recruiter of AF19 recruiting consultant based in Thamestead UK.I'm currently in the United States to meet with some media companiesI got the pleasure of seeing some of your pictures on Model Mayhem and I think you might work well for a new shoot that Hairstyle and Beauty Magazine are having here In Thamestead and London.Give me a call on 206-984-1754 or call my office in the UK on +447035988050 and you'll have someone to attend to you.You can also email me with your phone number and i'll give you a call so we can talk better about this opportunity.

Regards,
E.Benert."

I ask him a lot of questions to be sure but I don't know.
He sent me this link:
http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/21998 … -magazine/
And this:
  "The Shoot will be for 3 Days and the total pay is 5000 pounds which is equivalent to around 10,000USD.The Magazine(Hairstyle and Beauty) has been around a long time but due to some Managerial Problem it went under but now it will be rejuvenated by your pictures and other Models Pictures too that's if you accept this offer.

If you are Interested in this shoot send me a Response with any More questions you might have so we can continue from there.I would like you to send me some more pictures,your full name,address,city,state and zip code.so i can have them presented before the Shoot Directors.You can call me on +447035988050.you can leave a message if you catch the machine and i will call you back as soon as i get your message.

Please note that your location will not be a problem as your transportation will be taken care of.

Regards,
E.Benert "

I really need your help. I'm really new at this and I don't know what to do.sad

Apr 16 09 04:02 pm Link

Model

Nandi K

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Thanks.. this really helped me out!!!

Apr 20 09 03:25 pm Link

Model

Stephanie Hohn

Missoula, Montana, US

Usually your bank will know if the checks these people send you are legitimate or not anyway... hopefully everyone who responds to these takes them to a bank and not to some grocery store...

Apr 29 09 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Stephanie Hohn wrote:
Usually your bank will know if the checks these people send you are legitimate or not anyway... hopefully everyone who responds to these takes them to a bank and not to some grocery store...

The bank will know, eventually.  The trouble is, they will clear it, and you can take withdrawals, before they find out that the check is a fraud.  Sometimes a week or two later. 

NEVER take those checks to the bank.  Just learn what frauds are!

Apr 29 09 03:39 pm Link

Model

Millie Banks

Never trust these people just recieved another..
Hello,
I am emailing you as regards your post i saw on model mayhem. I was
really thrilled when i saw those wonderful shoots of yours,I quite
appreciate your looks and would like to work with you on a small
contract if you don't mind.
I work with a newly open clothing store in Texas Named
clothez4u(C4U). we need models to model for the promotion sales just
to help publish them and to boost there sales and help them pave
there way up the clothing industry meeting up with world fashion
business today.Shot will be taking and pictures will be used to
advertise their products.Get back to me know if you are interested in
the Job offer and let me know your charging plan for 2 hours just for
a day shoot.The shot will be done at a location closer to you.I await
your prompt response..

Thanks.

Mary Claxton

May 22 09 01:14 pm Link

Model

Samantha I

Bump

Jun 06 09 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

I'm pretty sure this thread isn't intended to be a collection of "I just got this, is it a scam?" messages.

Jun 06 09 05:55 pm Link

Model

Ario Mangal

MissBreton wrote:
You can tell it's a scam when they offer you a lot of money and are too nice haha. Most photographers are so professional that they don't even seem relatively interested in "how good looking you are". RiDONKUlous haha

ridonkulous, best word not in the dictionary

bump!

Jun 07 09 04:36 am Link

Model

B R E N N A N

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

bump

Jun 15 09 08:05 pm Link

Model

Rose M

Denver, Colorado, US

I just got this:

"Hello,   
          I am emailing you as regards your post i saw on Model Mayhem.  I was really thrilled when i saw those wonderful shoots of yours, I quite appreciate your looks and would like to work with you on a small contract if you don't mind. I work with a newly open clothing store in Ontario Named C4U(Clothez4u). We need models to model for the promotion sales just to help publish  them and to boost there sales and help them pave there way up the clothing industry meeting up with world fashion business today. Shot will be taking and pictures will be used to advertise their products.  Get back to me to know if you are interested in the Job offer and let me know your charging plan for 2 hours just for a day shoot. The shot will be done at a location closer to you. I await your
    reply. Thanks.           
                   Jessica H.. Steven."

Now while this totally sounds like a scam with all of the terrible grammar, all it asks is how much I want to be paid for two hours. It didn't ask for any personal information... But as I've seen this message in a different version (i.e. clothes line from texas instead of ontario) I'm going to guess that it's a scam.

It sucks too...
I wanted it to be real hmm

~Rose

Jun 25 09 04:46 pm Link