Forums > General Industry > Would you date your photographer?

Photographer

K E S L E R

Los Angeles, California, US

I would ask this in the photography forum but I already know that 99% of the vote for single photographer would be "YES."  lol

Personally I don't think the model/ photographer relationship will work out because there would be at some point jealousy, whether the photographer shoots beautiful women more than his girlfriend, or his girlfriend shoots with better photographers than her BF.

Discuss...

Sep 29 08 03:58 pm Link

Model

Engel Schrei

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Depends on the people involved.

There's one I wouldn't mind keeping.

Sep 29 08 04:00 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

The only reason I see for jealousy would be extreme insecurity.  The photographers around these parts are always telling models with boyfriends who don't approve of them doing nudes that the boyfriend's controlling, abusive and jealous.  Any photographer who demonstrates these traits towards his model girlfriend is a really piece of work, as if anybody should know better it should be him.

Sep 29 08 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

Anyone ever watch the film Star 80? Kinda puts some things in perspective as to why models and photogs shouldn't date.

Sep 29 08 04:02 pm Link

Digital Artist

Epic Digital Artists

Orlando, Florida, US

MF productions wrote:
Anyone ever watch the film Star 80? Kinda puts some things in perspective as to why models and photogs shouldn't date.

Reminds me of the film Hard Candy *cringes*

It was on last night.
If you haven't seen it I dont recommend it. lol.

Sep 29 08 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Brentwood Photography

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I agree, Jealousy can be a very dangerous thing. Im currently dating a fellow shutterbug! =-)

It just depends on the situation.

Sep 29 08 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

MF productions wrote:

Nope, never seen it.  Please do tell smile

Photographer

big_apple_ken

New York, New York, US

Maybe I'm in the minority then Kessler. I really just try to treat the models like I do with any girl. Sure they are better looking but if she's not the right girl I wouldn't date her even if she is a model.

On a lighter note, for those of you that answered "yes" to this thread please PM me afterwards to set up a shoot... big_smile

Model

Allegriana

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

one of my photographers is my boyfriend, so I guess that's a yes tongue

Model

Lithuanian import

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I think they would make the best couples, actually: same interests, understanding of business and how it works, appreciation for the image and final results. As far as jealousy goes, it's an issue of trust and insecurity and it could happen in any idustry...

Sep 29 08 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Lithuanian import wrote:
I think they would make the best couples, actually: same interests, understanding of business and how it works, appreciation for the image and final results. As far as jealousy goes, it's an issue of trust and insecurity and it could happen in any idustry...

Thats what I thought.  My ex was a model.  Didn't want me to shoot other models, controlling, etc, etc..

Sep 29 08 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

big_apple_ken wrote:
Maybe I'm in the minority then Kessler. I really just try to treat the models like I do with any girl. Sure they are better looking but if she's not the right girl I wouldn't date her even if she is a model.

On a lighter note, for those of you that answered "yes" to this thread please PM me afterwards to set up a shoot... big_smile

If your the photographer shooting hotter models than your GF, I can guarantee you that the jealousy will not be on your part smile

Sep 29 08 04:07 pm Link

Model

S. Stark

Of course I would.

Model

Kamillah

San Diego, California, US

Haha. Besides the fact that I'm already in a relationship. I've met no photographers that have been my type...

It would have to take a very special person to get me to break that professional boundry if I was single but I doubt that could ever happen.

Just to add though, I wish my man was a photographer because it would make getting naked in front of a camera a whole lot easier. I'm trying to get him into it but he says no.

Makeup Artist

Courtney Starr

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Not if he shot booty models all day... I would be Scared!

Sep 29 08 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Visions Photography

Corona, California, US

MF productions wrote:

Hahaha...

And watch "Gia" to see why models and makeup artists SHOULD date

;-)

Sep 29 08 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

J Bennett Photography

Paramus, New Jersey, US

as a photgrapher, i say yes you should.

Photographer

Modelographer

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Theres one I would probably go after if the situation allowed. But Im not single, nor am I on the same side of the continent anymore.

Digital Artist

Epic Digital Artists

Orlando, Florida, US

K E S L E R wrote:
If your the photographer shooting hotter models than your GF, I can guarantee you that the jealousy will not be on your part smile

lol..I see the models you shoot, and if I were dating you and saw your portfolio (by the way stunning I'm jealous from the start there) but I would have to say..."honey we need to talk." lol. Followed by "can't you shoot anybody ugly?" big_smile

Then if you had humor and didn't mind sleeping on the couch you would say "I could but your always booked." big_smile

Sep 29 08 04:10 pm Link

Model

Kristen Jeanne

Pinardville, New Hampshire, US

There's 1 that I could definitely date.

Sep 29 08 04:10 pm Link

Model

Stephanie Drayton

Greer, South Carolina, US

im married to the one i dated..shhhhh

Sep 29 08 04:11 pm Link

Model

AD

New York, New York, US

no

Sep 29 08 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Bobs Fine Art

Falls Church, Virginia, US

If the photographer has the same interests, and no sex drive, like 20% of the men in the 40 to 60 age group, then I think it's fine to date them, and not feel they will chase after all the women they work with.

btw, I like playing "call of duty 4", and expermenting with anything that utilizes a sensor, or antenna to pickup the electromagnetic spectrum (photons)

Sep 29 08 04:12 pm Link

Model

Tracey P

Chicago, Illinois, US

what makes the difference if the girlfriend is a model or not? or vice versa

if there is some sort of insecurity...there will be jealousy.

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I'm marrying a photographer. There's hardly any jealousy (perhaps a small, healthy amount seeing as how we do love each other) because we both understand how things work. I know he's not trying to sleep with his models, and he knows I model because I love creating art.

In fact these relationships might have a chance to have less jealousy because of the mutual understanding and experience in the field.

It doesn't hurt that our styles are somewhat different, so there isn't too much of a competition aspect, and we have fun learning to combine our styles.

Model

Tanya Weaver

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Prob not. And its not even the jealousy factor. Its just because I like to keep work, work and personal life as that. I am not really into mixing the two.

Sep 29 08 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

SI Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

MF productions wrote:

He wasn't a photographer, he was a suitcase pimp.

Model

Stephanie Drayton

Greer, South Carolina, US

e-string wrote:
I'm marrying a photographer. There's hardly any jealousy (perhaps a small, healthy amount seeing as how we do love each other) because we both understand how things work. I know he's not trying to sleep with his models, and he knows I model because I love creating art.

In fact these relationships might have a chance to have less jealousy because of the mutual understanding and experience in the field.

no jealousy...I love his work..

Model

AD

New York, New York, US

there is a difference in the wording. would you date YOUR photographer. Not would you date a photographer. I wouldnt date anyone ive ever worked with. we have a business/friend relationship and I have no attraction nor desire to take any of those further.

woudl i date someone who happened to be a photographer i met while not modeling...yeah why not.

there is a difference b/w the too

Sep 29 08 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Adree DeSanti wrote:
there is a difference in the wording. would you date YOUR photographer. Not would you date a photographer. I wouldnt date anyone ive ever worked with. we have a business/friend relationship and I have no attraction nor desire to take any of those further.

woudl i date someone who happened to be a photographer i met while not modeling...yeah why not.

there is a difference b/w the too

So would you work with that photographer after you dated him?  LOL

Sep 29 08 04:16 pm Link

Model

StephenE

Great Neck, New York, US

I dont date models I am actively shooting, so I would have to be dating them first (which is the norm) or at least after a 6 month wait after initial shoot. 

that said I have swapped out a model on a commercial shoot that was more date potential so as to not date one I was currently booking  hmm

I did book her for a larger shoot later on to make up for the lost job. 

I am nice that way, even though we did not date that long, she bored me quickly  hmm

-- Stephen Eastwood --
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Sep 29 08 04:19 pm Link

Model

Heather Doyle

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It depends on the person not the profession.

Sep 29 08 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Conceptually Black

Columbus, Ohio, US

i'm currently dating a model. We met through working together, but clicked mentally and became friends first(over a yr). Then we discussed it, as to if we thought it would hurt how others thought of us professionally. We decided we didn't care what others thought as we mutually had strong feelings for the other. Honestly it hasn't hurt us. We don't have any jealousy over who the other works with. In fact I encourage her to work with other photographers, especially those I know are better than me or whom I look up to.
The circumstances under which we met aren't important, we were meant for each other.

Sep 29 08 04:29 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Been there,done that..in my case bad idea..never again lol

Sep 29 08 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

big_apple_ken

New York, New York, US

K E S L E R wrote:

That is a good point but I guess don't have to worry about that too much since I'm happily single... big_smile

Sep 29 08 04:32 pm Link

Model

Brandi Runnels

Dallas, Texas, US

K E S L E R wrote:
I would ask this in the photography forum but I already know that 99% of the vote for single photographer would be "YES."  lol

Personally I don't think the model/ photographer relationship will work out because there would be at some point jealousy, whether the photographer shoots beautiful women more than his girlfriend, or his girlfriend shoots with better photographers than her BF.

Discuss...

nope

Sep 29 08 04:34 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

K E S L E R wrote:

Discuss...

I do, and I have done for over 5 years now big_smile
No signs of it buggering up because of jealousy yet nor is there likely to be.

Sep 29 08 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Philip Duarte

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I am dating a model I met here....18 months now and its been great we shoot alot together and she shoots with other photographers all the time..no jealousy except when another phototgrapher creates an image with Josee that is amazing...damn why did i not think of that type of jealousy....

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … id=7990567

Sep 29 08 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Matthew Terhune

Poughkeepsie, New York, US

just bang em. don't date.

dating is so 92'

Sep 29 08 04:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Fright Factory

Millville, New Jersey, US

I don't know about photogs but as a make-up person I have gone out with quite a few models and being only average( or maybe a little below) looking have gotten some amazing looks from both friends and strangers.

Sep 29 08 04:41 pm Link