Forums > General Industry > Would you date your photographer?

Photographer

SPM Studios

Albany, New York, US

Yes I would date my photographer! :-)

Sep 29 08 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Bradford Photography

Waterbury, Connecticut, US

DJantz wrote:
I have gone out with some, hang out with several.  The girls who model aren't any different than other girls.

Exactly!  If we were all racecar drivers and were asked would we date a team member or someone on our crew etc we'd all be debating the same thing haha

Sep 29 08 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

BlumPhotography

Dallas, Georgia, US

hmmmm...

Sep 29 08 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

WD Imagery

Atlanta, Georgia, US

SPM Studios wrote:
Yes I would date my photographer! :-)

..Yeah..I have to co-sign on that as well..! Sex is BETTER with a Photographer..we use the CREATIVE side of the brain..!    ;}

Sep 29 08 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Visions Photography

Corona, California, US

Ariana Diabla wrote:
Depends, I dont think its a matter of the profession title, rather than just *clicking* ehhe with that person smile

That was cute... smile

Sep 29 08 06:20 pm Link

Model

ariana fromtoronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

haha no.. i am dorky wink

Sep 29 08 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

DaxWax

Charlotte, Iowa, US

I date me all the time. We are a perfect fit.

Sep 29 08 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

M A R T I N

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

as far as jealousy goes I think it's less of an issue when dating a model because a non-model girlfriend is more likely to compare herself unfavorably and feel insecure.

Sep 29 08 07:05 pm Link

Model

Savannah Nights

Florence, South Carolina, US

"..Yeah..I have to co-sign on that as well..! Sex is BETTER with a Photographer..we use the CREATIVE side of the brain..!"    ;}

agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 29 08 07:11 pm Link

Model

Savannah Nights

myshkin90 wrote:
as far as jealousy goes I think it's less of an issue when dating a model because a non-model girlfriend is more likely to compare herself unfavorably and feel insecure.

I agree with this too... I was insecure before I started modeling but now I look at other women/girls and have no problem, they may look better than me but I'm still me.  Naked girls running around is no problem, I just join them!!!

Sep 29 08 07:15 pm Link

Model

Immortality

Viborg, Midtjylland, Denmark

K E S L E R wrote:
I would ask this in the photography forum but I already know that 99% of the vote for single photographer would be "YES."  lol

Personally I don't think the model/ photographer relationship will work out because there would be at some point jealousy, whether the photographer shoots beautiful women more than his girlfriend, or his girlfriend shoots with better photographers than her BF.

Discuss...

No.

Sep 29 08 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

g2-new photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I'll stick with Paul Newman's philosophy:  'Why go out for hamburger when I've got steak at home.'

smile

Sep 29 08 07:17 pm Link

Model

Less Than Two

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I dated a photographer. I've made out with others.
Whoohoo.
Is it that big of a deal?

Sep 29 08 07:28 pm Link

Model

Stephy C

Los Angeles, California, US

Probably... depends on who though smile

Sep 29 08 07:32 pm Link

Model

Stacey Andrews

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom

I have been with a photographer for a year and 4months now couldnt have it any other way.

Sep 29 08 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

KGToops Photography

Treasure Island, Florida, US

Visions Photography CA wrote:

Hahaha...

And watch "Gia" to see why models and makeup artists SHOULD date

;-)

hell then watch swim fan and see why.......

Sep 29 08 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

A LaRue

San Francisco, California, US

K E S L E R wrote:
I would ask this in the photography forum but I already know that 99% of the vote for single photographer would be "YES."  lol

Personally I don't think the model/ photographer relationship will work out because there would be at some point jealousy, whether the photographer shoots beautiful women more than his girlfriend, or his girlfriend shoots with better photographers than her BF.

Discuss...

That would depend on the people involved. I personally wouldn't date anyone who couldn't handle what I do. I model on the side of my photography, and if I met either a photographer or a model who I felt I wanted that kind of a relationship with, and I felt that we had chemistry and could have a relationship that worked, I see no reason not to go for it. But that's me. I'm not a jealous person, and if I felt I couldn't trust them, I wouldn't date them in the first place.

Sep 29 08 07:40 pm Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Jealousy stories pop-up also in situations where it's a photographer dating a non-model and a model dating a non-photographer.  It'll happen with whomever you date.

Sep 29 08 07:49 pm Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Engel Schrei wrote:
Depends on the people involved.

There's one I wouldn't mind keeping.

Me too!!!  And I'd be a-ok with him shooting whomever, whenever, whatever!

Sep 29 08 07:49 pm Link

Model

Charlisha Renata

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Possibly.  Jealousy and insecurity depends on the individual and occurs in any relationship.  Compatibility truly matters. Also there's this HUGE thing called "trust".

Sep 29 08 07:50 pm Link

Model

Savannah Nights

To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self, an impossible claim that one should be at once Rose Bowl princess, medieval scholar, Saint Joan, Milly Theale, Temple Drake, Eleanor of Aquitaine, one’s sister and a stranger in a pink hat seen once and admired on the corner of 55th and Madison—as well as oneself, mysteriously improved.

"Jealousy: Is It a Curable Illness?" Vogue, June 1961

Sep 29 08 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Antonio Marcus

San Francisco, California, US

MF productions wrote:
Anyone ever watch the film Star 80? Kinda puts some things in perspective as to why models and photogs shouldn't date.

No shit. I watched that when I was in 4th grade. Taught me a lot.

Sep 29 08 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

The PC answer is no chance in hell.

The reality based answer is sh** happens. What goes on between two consenting adults is their own business.

Sep 29 08 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Fiddlers Green Photo

Edmonds, Washington, US

I date my photographer everyday, I really think the world of him!

Sep 29 08 08:38 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Savannah Traynum wrote:
To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self, an impossible claim that one should be at once Rose Bowl princess, medieval scholar, Saint Joan, Milly Theale, Temple Drake, Eleanor of Aquitaine, one’s sister and a stranger in a pink hat seen once and admired on the corner of 55th and Madison—as well as oneself, mysteriously improved.

"Jealousy: Is It a Curable Illness?" Vogue, June 1961

Ha!  I'll have to remember that the next time I feel that twinge.  smile

Sep 29 08 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

MegSchutz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

K E S L E R wrote:

Discuss...

My boyfriend is a photographer. I'm both a model and a photographer. If anything, its given us a great understanding of the art that I hadn't had before with other guys. He doesn't mind me posing nude for people because he knows that it's just fun and that I'm not going to do stupid things.

Sep 29 08 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

BGJ Freelance Photo

Brentwood, Tennessee, US

This was very funny to read! I think it's about the person not what they do for a living then again it's takes years to get to a point you can make a living in this business I think! Everything is subject to change! Maybe one day you are the model may not be in the business :>)

Sep 29 08 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Laine Photography

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

I'm dating a photographer I shoot with. I met him because of a shoot.

It's amazing. smile

Sep 29 08 09:00 pm Link

Model

LaLa4

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

Laura Laine Photography wrote:
I'm dating a photographer I shoot with. I met him because of a shoot.

It's amazing. smile

This is me. I meant to post it from here. lol

Sep 29 08 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Hold

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, US

myself... haven't dated any of the models I've shot... would love to... but really... I'd want to date another photographer... esp. if we use the same equipment... makes swapping easier and well... would be fun to shoot together as well... :-)

Sep 29 08 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

MauricioPaiz

Boca Raton, Florida, US

Mannnn, I better start getting lucky so I can start sharing experiences in these forums !
I feel left out! poor me!

Sep 29 08 09:43 pm Link

Model

Kamellia

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I met my boyfriend on a shoot.  But I don't really worry about him hitting on models.  Not to say they wouldn't hit on him ;o)  His entire MM port is nudes.  I  help out on shoots (nudes, regular model shoots, family portraits, weddings).  Anyway, I think we work well together.  His profile:

Jake Roth Photography - #251903

Sep 29 08 10:02 pm Link

Model

__noir__

Buffalo, New York, US

Yes, I would date a photographer.

I don't think jealousy would be an issue, I think there would be a mutal understanding of modeling/photography in the relationship.

I think there is more jealousy in relationships with models and non photographers and vice versa.

Sep 30 08 12:25 am Link

Model

D M M

I would never, ever, ever date a photographer.

Sep 30 08 12:33 am Link

Model

ASYLUM - Model

Washington, District of Columbia, US

D M M  wrote:

Neither would I.

Models are way hotter.

Sep 30 08 12:34 am Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cris Ashley wrote:
Yes, I would date a photographer.

I don't think jealousy would be an issue, I think there would be a mutal understanding of modeling/photography in the relationship.

I think there is more jealousy in relationships with models and non photographers and vice versa.

I tend to agree.  I have dated an art model, and felt not a hint of jealousy that she was nude in front of photographers and art class students.  I trusted in her professionalism, just as she trusted in mine.

I had a chat with my SO a long time ago about shooting pretty girls, and how some women I dated had a problem with it, and she looked at me funny and said, "but, it's your job."  That coming from a person who does not work in the fashion industry.  She is teh awesome.

Sep 30 08 12:36 am Link

Model

D M M

Captain Cool wrote:
Neither would I.

Models are way hotter.

Chyeahhh. Go models! wink

No, in all seriousness, profession of either party has no bearings on a healthy relationship. And, because I'm a student way before I'm a model (and, shit, I'm way better at academic life anyway), I could care less if my boyfriend is a photographer, or an astronaut. Granted, I do appriciate art, so, it's nice to be with someone who inspires me to foster my own creativity.

Sep 30 08 12:38 am Link

Model

S. Stark

Los Angeles, California, US

D M M  wrote:

You're such a dirty liar.

Sep 30 08 12:38 am Link

Model

D M M

Shandra Stark wrote:

You're such a dirty liar.

Yeah, well, you would never date a musician, Shandra!

Sep 30 08 12:39 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

MF productions wrote:
Anyone ever watch the film Star 80? Kinda puts some things in perspective as to why models and photogs shouldn't date.

Models with no spine and psychopaths maybe (the jist of that film to me). I've dated many of my models in the past. I've been married to one for the past 20 years. So yeah..it can work..like any other couple.

Sep 30 08 12:40 am Link