Forums > Events > Shoot For The Cure Charity Benefit | SoCal | 02/01

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

San Diego, California, US

MM seems to be possessed today - it keeps kicking me out and giving weird error messages.

Jan 16 09 01:14 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

High Clarity Photo wrote:
MM seems to be possessed today - it keeps kicking me out and giving weird error messages.

For a couple of days already.

Jan 16 09 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

ASTERCHILD wrote:

For a couple of days already.

Hey Chantel - your avatar is awesome - didn't know you were dabbling in photography these days... :-)

Jan 16 09 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

Los Angeles, California, US

Its on cybercrack! lol

Jan 16 09 10:58 pm Link

Model

Paradise Ambriz

North Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:
Its on cybercrack! lol

Ha Ha Cybercrack

BTW I Love The Concept Of This Event...Too Bad It Is So Far From Me sad

Jan 16 09 11:46 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

Hey Chantel - your avatar is awesome - didn't know you were dabbling in photography these days... :-)

Thank you so much! Yeah...just a little bit. It's good to know both sides both modeling and photography.

Jan 17 09 07:57 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Attention Photogs:

Because of the large number of models attending, it's looking more and more likely that we'll have a one-to-one ratio of models and photographers at the shoot. This means that you'll have a great opportunity to work with some of Southern California's hottest talent - without feeling like you're dealing with crowds of photographers.

Steve

Jan 17 09 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Announcing four more models for the event:

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/sydney.jpg
Sydney (MM# 600804)

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/montana.jpg
Montana (MM# 745044)

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/divina.jpg
Divina

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/steph.jpg
Steph (MM# 746389)

Jan 17 09 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

somnang

New York, New York, US

My first post, I just signed up and received a confirmation. I've never been to this type of event before -- what do I need to bring with me? Thanks smile

Jan 18 09 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

somnang wrote:
My first post, I just signed up and received a confirmation. I've never been to this type of event before -- what do I need to bring with me? Thanks smile

Hi Somnang,

Thanks for signing up and helping us make a difference! Here are a few tips that I'd recommend in preparation for the shoot:

We have a TON of models - and a very even model-to-photographer ratio. This means that in all likelihood, you should be able to work with many of these models on a one-to-one basis. This is a huge advantage, as you won't find 30 photographers crowding around a single model, all vying for her attention.

My recommendation is to do some planning before the shoot. Even though you have 5 hours, time will fly by very quickly. So, the two things I would recommend is research your models beforehand, and spend short amounts of timing shooting each model. The entrance of the Wooden Nickel Ranch will have a number of benches where MUAs will be working on the models. It's a good idea to check this area every 45 minutes or so, to see which models will be available for shooting next. When shooting with a model, I'd recommend to keep the session to about 20-30 minutes. This will give you a good selection of photos, while still allowing you to work with many other models.

Another recommendation is to travel light and be ready to move around. There are so many shooting locations at the ranch, odds are that you'll move around frequently - so I wouldn't recommend spending too much time setting up equipment in one place - unless you're looking to focus on a specific scene with a handful of models. In any event, you should be able to get an awesome selection of photos at the event - just enjoy the day and bring plenty of business cards for networking.

Steve

Jan 18 09 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

somnang wrote:

Also, just to keep in mind that it's pretty bright at the ranch. There are lots of shady areas, but it may be worthwhile bringing a CPL or ND filter to cut out some some glare - and a translucent reflector could be really useful too.

Jan 18 09 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

We've added a new model to the list:

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/sandy_g.jpg
Sandy (MM# 666040)

Jan 19 09 10:03 am Link

Photographer

C Alexander

Murrieta, California, US

Since my teams arent in the Super Bowl
I'm really looking forward to this.

Plus it's a great cause.

Jan 19 09 11:37 am Link

Photographer

somnang

New York, New York, US

Also, just to keep in mind that it's pretty bright at the ranch. There are lots of shady areas, but it may be worthwhile bringing a CPL or ND filter to cut out some some glare - and a translucent reflector could be really useful too.

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep all that in mind and really looking forward to that day!

Jan 19 09 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

C Alexander wrote:
Since my teams arent in the Super Bowl
I'm really looking forward to this.

Plus it's a great cause.

Absolutely. And, not only is it a great cause - it directly affects the lives of so many people in Southern Cali. We've been told that funds raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society this year will go towards building a Southern California support and crisis center for cancer patients and their families.

Photogs: Please support us and sign up today.

Jan 19 09 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

I have a couple 6'x6' translucent reflectors if a couple people want to work together....

Jan 19 09 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Let There Be Light

An incredible lineup of models but unfortunately you scheduled this event for the holiest day of the year: Super Bowl Sunday.

Jan 19 09 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

daninredondo wrote:
An incredible lineup of models but unfortunately you scheduled this event for the holiest day of the year: Super Bowl Sunday.

True - but we've scheduled it early enough to get back in time for the game. MUAs will be arriving at 9:00am - so we'll have a bunch of models ready to shoot by 10:00am. Come out for a few hours - and you can head back around 1:00pm or 2:00pm and get the best of both worlds.

Jan 19 09 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

LAZPHOTO

Temecula, California, US

Will there be any refreshments?

Jan 20 09 12:34 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Laz wrote:
Will there be any refreshments?

Yes - for sure - we'll be providing drinks and snacks for photogs, MUAs and models,

Jan 20 09 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Timmy Tran

Hey High Clarity Photo ! I already register online through the link on the sftc09.com .Could i  bring my own studio lighting to setup inside  1 of the room at the Wooden Nickel Ranch .Thanks

Jan 20 09 09:06 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Timmy  Tran wrote:
Hey High Clarity Photo ! I already register online through the link on the sftc09.com .Could i  bring my own studio lighting to setup inside  1 of the room at the Wooden Nickel Ranch .Thanks

Hi Timmy,

Sure thing - we're going to offer photographers with lighting the ability to reserve these rooms on a first-come-first-serve basis. If we find there's a high demand for these rooms, we'll have sign-up sheets and photogs will be given 2 hour time slots in these rooms, so that everyone may be accommodated. The majority of photographers are likely to shoot outdoors, so in all likelihood, you'll be able to hold onto the room for the entire shoot. In any event, we'll be on-hand to make sure everything runs smoothly.

-Steve

Jan 20 09 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Hi Timmy,

Sure thing - we're going to offer photographers with lighting the ability to reserve these rooms on a first-come-first-serve basis. If we find there's a high demand for these rooms, we'll have sign-up sheets and photogs will be given 2 hour time slots in these rooms, so that everyone may be accommodated. The majority of photographers are likely to shoot outdoors, so in all likelihood, you'll be able to hold onto the room for the entire shoot. In any event, we'll be on-hand to make sure everything runs smoothly.

-Steve

Count me in for that.  I'll bring a four light setup...

Jan 20 09 12:40 pm Link

Model

Shelby Katz

Temecula, California, US

Whooo hooo...gonna be a fun crazy shoot...can't wait to meet some of the new models and photographers I haven't already met or worked with...YIPPY....have a great day everyone...later taters....

Jan 20 09 12:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Naiyana

Costa Mesa, California, US

Beautiful People = Beautiful Images!!!
Fantastic!

Jan 20 09 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

daninredondo wrote:

If you can't come you could always donate $20 or more. smile

Jan 20 09 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

Naiyana wrote:
Beautiful People = Beautiful Images!!!
Fantastic!

Ahhhhhhhhh spoken like a beautiful make up artist/model wink

Jan 20 09 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Sharif Carter

Temecula, California, US

Hey I'm a painter and will attend event to get some shots/ideas for my new series for 2009.  Lookin for a good model to be featured.

Peace.
Sharif
IMANDESIGN.COM

Jan 20 09 08:41 pm Link

Model

Shelby Katz

Temecula, California, US

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

If you can't come you could always donate $20 or more. smile

JUANNNN....hi...you rock and I miss ya...can't wait to see you...

Jan 20 09 08:56 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

I can't wait...this is going to be a great event!  Looking forward to meeting the new people and seeing my old buddies I haven't seen for a good while.  See ya soon!

Jan 20 09 09:00 pm Link

Model

Shelby Katz

Temecula, California, US

ASTERCHILD wrote:
I can't wait...this is going to be a great event!  Looking forward to meeting the new people and seeing my old buddies I haven't seen for a good while.  See ya soon!

Yippy...two peas in a pod...me and you babes...

Jan 20 09 09:11 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

Shelby Katz wrote:

You know it! big_smile

Jan 20 09 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

Shelby Katz wrote:

If I join in it will be a three-some in a pod!!
Wooooooooo hooooooooooooo my first three-some. lol

Kelly you should know how I feel about helping people out who truly deserve it and need it. smile

Jan 20 09 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

C Alexander

Murrieta, California, US

Sharif Carter wrote:
Hey I'm a painter and will attend event to get some shots/ideas for my new series for 2009.  Lookin for a good model to be featured.

Peace.
Sharif
IMANDESIGN.COM

Ok this is a good friend of mine. So model please be nice, he's scared.

He's a great painter and ask him about the projects he's working on.

Jan 21 09 01:13 am Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

Kelly you should know how I feel about helping people out who truly deserve it and need it. smile

OMG! lol

Jan 21 09 05:16 am Link

Model

Shelby Katz

Temecula, California, US

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

yeah I love events like this...I was bummed I missed the TFT event...I was out of town....it's important to help those in need....so many sad situations out there that just break my heart.....

ohhhhhhhh.....dude....i'm so excited to see ya...it's been way to long....me and Miss Chantel....are putting some outfit ideas together.....

Jan 21 09 06:57 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Hey everyone, what do you think about the idea of having an informal contest for the best photo taken at the Shoot For The Cure benefit? Not sure if I can find a corporate sponsor to donate a prize - but it would add a fun dimension as photographers showcase their favorite photo from the event.

Jan 21 09 07:57 am Link

Photographer

Mike D photography

Carlisle, Pennsylvania, US

Sounds like a fun idea.  Would the prize be for the photographer only?  Why not give the model in the best shot something too, if you can get a sponsor for it at least.

Jan 21 09 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Stacy Alberto

I'd love to go, but I think I'm going to have to beg to get this day off!

Jan 21 09 09:15 am Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

I like charity events, count me in.

Jan 21 09 09:21 am Link