Forums > Events > Shoot For The Cure Charity Benefit | SoCal | 02/01

Model

Shelby Katz

Temecula, California, US

High Clarity Photo wrote:
Hey everyone, what do you think about the idea of having an informal contest for the best photo taken at the Shoot For The Cure benefit? Not sure if I can find a corporate sponsor to donate a prize - but it would add a fun dimension as photographers showcase their favorite photo from the event.

That is a fantastic idea.....

Jan 21 09 09:24 am Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey everyone, what do you think about the idea of having an informal contest for the best photo taken at the Shoot For The Cure benefit? Not sure if I can find a corporate sponsor to donate a prize - but it would add a fun dimension as photographers showcase their favorite photo from the event.

Sounds like fun.

Jan 21 09 09:33 am Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

K E S L E R wrote:

Sounds like fun.

You got that right! Who can complain about a day with beautiful women, money going to a great cause, and the super bowl at night to top off the day.
The only thing that would make this day better is if you find some hot chick at a superbowl party and have your own overtime. lol

Jan 21 09 10:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

Naiyana

Costa Mesa, California, US

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhh spoken like a beautiful make up artist/model wink

Well Thank you, I was thinking of bringing an out fit or two...do you think I'll be able to snatch you up for a bit???

Jan 21 09 11:07 am Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

Naiyana wrote:

Well Thank you, I was thinking of bringing an out fit or two...do you think I'll be able to snatch you up for a bit???

You can bet the house on that one!!

Jan 21 09 11:24 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

San Diego, California, US

K E S L E R wrote:
I like charity events, count me in.

Awesome - glad to have you on board! When you get a chance, sign up online (either through PayPal or the sftc09.com web site) and we'll add you to the list of confirmed photogs.

Jan 21 09 11:45 am Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

K E S L E R wrote:
I like charity events, count me in.

It'll be good to finally meet you...

Jan 21 09 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

eyelight wrote:

Thats what your saying now. lol

Jan 21 09 12:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Naiyana

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

You can bet the house on that one!!

WOW, it's a date then!
See you there wink

Jan 21 09 01:26 pm Link

Model

Thania

HI everyone!! lookin forward to such a wild day... how wonderfull to have a bunch of hot chicks runnin round all day tryna get your attention... woo hoo!

feel free to stop by and say hello if you would like to work with me, so i dont have to hunt u down ; ) its a big ranch, plenty of areas for photographers to get abducted!!

Jan 21 09 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Thania wrote:
HI everyone!! lookin forward to such a wild day... how wonderfull to have a bunch of hot chicks runnin round all day tryna get your attention... woo hoo!

feel free to stop by and say hello if you would like to work with me, so i dont have to hunt u down ; ) its a big ranch, plenty of areas for photographers to get abducted!!

And because we have so many models attending, it's likely that we'll have groups of models ganging up on photographers to get their photos taken...

Jan 21 09 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

eyelight wrote:

Same to you wink

Jan 21 09 04:18 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

What a great idea!

Jan 21 09 07:09 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

Shelby Katz wrote:

yeah I love events like this...I was bummed I missed the TFT event...I was out of town....it's important to help those in need....so many sad situations out there that just break my heart.....

ohhhhhhhh.....dude....i'm so excited to see ya...it's been way to long....me and Miss Chantel....are putting some outfit ideas together.....

You know it!

Jan 21 09 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Paindancer Productions

Long Beach, California, US

Very cool idea and I am in!

Jan 21 09 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Stacy Alberto

yay, I got off work! I'm there smile

Jan 21 09 09:27 pm Link

Model

ASTERCHILD

Stacy Alberto wrote:
yay, I got off work! I'm there smile

That's great news!  See ya there Stacy! big_smile

Jan 21 09 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

Naiyana wrote:

WOW, it's a date then!
See you there wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY8nRfEn … re=related

it will be like this, but instead of your the one that I want, it will be  "your the one that my camera wants" lol

Jan 21 09 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

C Alexander

Murrieta, California, US

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY8nRfEn … re=related

it will be like this, but instead of your the one that I want, it will be  "your the one that my camera wants" lol

Ok just to see her hair in the giant poof of curls would be so funny

Jan 22 09 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Stacy Alberto

hmm. So what kind of lens[es] does one bring to this event? What should you keep on the camera? What's backup?

Jan 22 09 01:16 am Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

C Alexander wrote:

Hey dont tempt her because im sure she could pull it off.

Jan 22 09 01:34 am Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

Stacy Alberto wrote:
hmm. So what kind of lens[es] does one bring to this event? What should you keep on the camera? What's backup?

You should bring a 24-105 and a 70-210.
If you have something wider that would be cool too because of the landscape.

Jan 22 09 01:35 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

You should bring a 24-105 and a 70-210.
If you have something wider that would be cool too because of the landscape.

It's funny you say that, cause that's exactly what I brought to my last shoot at the ranch. Yeah, even though you'd think the 70-200 is the ideal lens for shooting portraits, I tended to use more of my 24-105, because there are some really cool backgrounds - like fences creating a interesting perspectives or building facades that look cool - not to mention an occasional horse here and there.

Jan 22 09 08:47 am Link

Makeup Artist

Naiyana

C Alexander wrote:

Hey I was puffy once or twice before...and you are the one who took the pictures!

Jan 22 09 08:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Naiyana

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

Hey dont tempt her because im sure she could pull it off.

Thank you.

Jan 22 09 08:53 am Link

Model

Thania

And because we have so many models attending, it's likely that we'll have groups of models ganging up on photographers to get their photos taken...

Oh yeah count on photographers gettin mobed lol

so who's gonna be the first to jump in with the pigs?!?!? ha ha, last shoot at the ranch had them pigs a little hyped, oh yeah and Im sure, Karl remembers that big ol' hornet at the miner's cave... pretty scary for me

Jan 22 09 09:22 am Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Does anyone have any shots of the location that give a perspective of the location (for those of us who have never been there before)?

Jan 22 09 10:07 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

I found this photo gallery of the ranch. Having been there myself, I'd say that this gallery doesn't really provide a great overview of the location, but instead focuses on a couple buildings only. In addition to these photos, there are a bunch of open fields, horses, and rock formations - perfect for a variety of settings.

http://menifeelive.com/wnr2/

Jan 22 09 11:37 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Prizes, prizes, prizes.....

OK - so, we're giving away prizes as part of the Charity Benefit. There'll be four prizes. They are:

1) Best in show: This will go to a photographer for the best photo taken at the event.
2) Most photogenic model: This will go to a model featured in a photo taken at the event - not necessarily the same photo that wins best in show.
3) Best makeup: This will go to a MUA for best work featured in a photo taken at the event.
4) Most photographer referrals: This is open to ANYONE who can spread the word to as many photographers and get them to sign up for the event.

Prizes 1-3 will be awarded after the event - as photogs submit their best pics to the forum. Prize 4 will be announced the day after the event, and the prize winner need not attend the event.

I'm still working on corporate sponsorship, so whether it's gift certificates, massages, or something else - we'll definitely put together some cool prizes.

As far as prize 4 goes, it will be - at a minimum - a one hour massage at a select choice of venue in Southern California. Anyone who refers three photographers or more will be eligible to win this. Just ask the photog signing up to mention your name and you're in.

Jan 22 09 04:09 pm Link

Model

Miss Brianna Leigh

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Room for one more model? Bri

Jan 22 09 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

a one hour massage at a select choice of venue in Southern California.

Can I select the massage parlor? Guarantee the winner will leave VERY happy lol

Jan 22 09 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Stacy Alberto

Model Bri wrote:

I don't make the list, but I'd say yes if I did.

And thanks to High Clarity for posting a gallery of images of the location. Very helpful smile

Jan 22 09 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Model Bri wrote:

Bri,

We'd love to have you join us - I've sent you a message with all the details.

Jan 23 09 12:15 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce three more models to the mix:

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/julia.jpg
Julia (MM# 699024)

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/britney.jpg
Britney (MM# 893971)

https://sftc09.com/images/models_confirmed/bri.jpg
Brianna (MM# 1013853)

Jan 23 09 09:03 am Link

Photographer

SNAPSHOT LA

K E S L E R wrote:

Can I select the massage parlor? Guarantee the winner will leave VERY happy lol

Leave it to K-DOG to find us only the best. lol
You gotta love those happy endings. wink

Jan 23 09 09:43 am Link

Photographer

C Alexander

Murrieta, California, US

SNAPSHOT LA wrote:

Leave it to K-DOG to find us only the best. lol
You gotta love those happy endings. wink

That's so wrong so mean to think of a place like that.....
Send me the address in PM so I can go to tell them how wrong it is. I may have to go a few time to make sure the ending  is happy and to make sure it as wrong as I think it is. lol

Jan 23 09 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Rodney Alan

I contemplating about this shoot.  Hopefully I'll be available!

Jan 23 09 11:07 am Link

Photographer

High Clarity Photography

Photogs: We still have space available for this shoot - and we still have more models than photgraphers - which means 1) you will most likely guarantee one-on-one time with many models during the shoot, 2) you will certainly not be in a situation whereby there are swarms or 4, 6, 8 or more photographers crowding around a single model, and 3) you'll be able to direct models based on what you're looking to shoot - and not what the photographer next to you is looking to shoot.

We have an amazing line-up for models available. Pre-registration is $50 (100% tax deductible), but goes up to $70 on the day of the shoot.

Hope to see you there
Steve

Jan 23 09 11:30 am Link

Makeup Artist

Naiyana

C Alexander wrote:

That's so wrong so mean to think of a place like that.....
Send me the address in PM so I can go to tell them how wrong it is. I may have to go a few time to make sure the ending  is happy and to make sure it as wrong as I think it is. lol

......lol, you are baaaaaad!!!!

Jan 23 09 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

K E S L E R

Photogs: We still have space available for this shoot - and we still have more models than photgraphers - which means 1) you will most likely guarantee one-on-one time with many models during the shoot, 2) you will certainly not be in a situation whereby there are swarms or 4, 6, 8 or more photographers crowding around a single model, and 3) you'll be able to direct models based on what you're looking to shoot - and not what the photographer next to you is looking to shoot.

We have an amazing line-up for models available. Pre-registration is $50 (100% tax deductible), but goes up to $70 on the day of the shoot.

Hope to see you there
Steve

Don't worry about having more models than photographers.  Unless you implement pre-registration cost for models, I can assume 30% of the models WILL FLAKE.  This is unavoidable.

Jan 23 09 01:36 pm Link