Forums > Events > Ohio state reformatory

Model

Laragh

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Laura Dark Photography wrote:

So we can't use them for print either I assume?

I don't care.... you BETTER come!!!

Sep 10 09 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Anne Schaar wrote:
The paypal email address to use (listed on your site), isn't working for me sad Should I be using the yahoo addy instead of the bright.net one?? Or does paypal just hate me today...

[email protected]

That should work...

My Yahoo email address is also listed on the account, so you can try this:

[email protected]

Sep 10 09 01:56 pm Link

Model

Broken Angel

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

Interested as well :-) Coming out of hiding for it hehe :-)

Sep 10 09 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Broken Angel wrote:
Interested as well :-) Coming out of hiding for it hehe :-)

Woot!

Sep 10 09 04:20 pm Link

Model

Anne Schaar

Garfield Heights, Ohio, US

William Kious wrote:
[email protected]

That should work...

My Yahoo email address is also listed on the account, so you can try this:

[email protected]

Curious...I did use that one. I'll try again.

Sep 10 09 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Erin Florence Studios

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

William Kious wrote:
It took a lot of "convincing" on our part, but OSR is waiving their $150 photographer fee for this event.  All it will cost is the $35 per person.  smile

Sounds awesome, and thank you so much for the kind reply.  I'll need to talk things over with a few people, but you may add me to the "Tentative Event Attendees" list if you'd like.  If I and the others do decide to come, we'll be sure to get our entry fees in as soon as possible.

Thanks again William!

Sep 11 09 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Fan the Flame

Columbus, Ohio, US

Pre paid  smile 

I would love to work with models coming in from out of town that I normally wouldn't have the chance to work with.

Sep 11 09 03:53 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

So excited to see all the chatter and entry fee being send in this month.  The sooner we get the money togerther the better.  First deposit will be made September 26th.

Any one need costumes made, fixed or altered for the shoot let me know if you need my help.

Sep 11 09 05:54 am Link

Photographer

ImageVision

Elyria, Ohio, US

Hi Folks...

What is ESP is this your photography company?

I have run a few meet and greet photography get together in NE ohio.

I also wanted to do a shoot in the prison. I had several emails and phone calls

with a lady named Sandy I think. I was told the it was a national historic site and there board

could not allows Model Mayhem "style" photography to be shot there.

I told them we were willing to pay for our time there. AND we would sign a paper saying

that we would NOT shoot nudes or implied nudes... that did not matter to there board.

The funny part is that they have no rules for the general public and what they can take images

of.... good luck...

Oh is will be VERY cold in there in March...

Mark

Sep 11 09 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

ImageVision wrote:

ESP = Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia.  We held a group shoot there last year.

ImageVision wrote:
I also wanted to do a shoot in the prison. I had several emails and phone calls with a lady named Sandy I think. I was told the it was a national historic site and there board could not allows Model Mayhem "style" photography to be shot there.  I told them we were willing to pay for our time there. AND we would sign a paper saying that we would NOT shoot nudes or implied nudes... that did not matter to there board.

Part of the reason the shoot is being held in March: it's their off-season.  They are being a bit more flexible because they won't have groups and families taking prison tours.  Sure, we would have liked a warmer month, but holding the shoot "outside the box" grants us a level of freedom that OSR wouldn't normally allow.

ImageVision wrote:

Again, it's their off-season, so we should have the place entirely to ourselves.  Yes, it will be cold, that's why we're asking people to flex their "costuming muscle" for this shoot.  Besides, the central guard area and dining areas will have heat; so people will be able to retreat and warm up between shoots. 

Believe it or not, I'm hoping that we might have a little dusting of snow... can you imagine some external shots of the grounds with the prison dusted in snow?  That's an incredible opportunity for shots that would be impossible any other way...

Sep 11 09 09:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

ImageVision wrote:
The funny part is that they have no rules for the general public and what they can take images

Mark

If you read through OSR;s website there are many rules for the public which are the same for us.  They have for understandable reason for their few rulls also.

Also ESP's group Shoot was this same weekend last year and we had beautiful weather, not to hot and not to cold.  Also if it is cold at least there will be three areas to warm up in and food and drick for the whole day that will warm you up also.

Sep 12 09 05:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Please be sure to read through the website for all up to date information.  www.kious.com/osr. 
Don't just read through the thread, all or most questions can be answered on the website.  If you have questions not answered after reading email or MM message William or I.

Sep 12 09 05:35 am Link

Photographer

ImageVision

Elyria, Ohio, US

Linda Kious wrote:

If you read through OSR;s website there are many rules for the public which are the same for us.  They have for understandable reason for their few rulls also.

Also ESP's group Shoot was this same weekend last year and we had beautiful weather, not to hot and not to cold.  Also if it is cold at least there will be three areas to warm up in and food and drick for the whole day that will warm you up also.

Sep 12 09 07:30 am Link

Photographer

ImageVision

Elyria, Ohio, US

So do you have a written contract to shoot there yet?

If so are you going to post it for us?

Sep 12 09 07:31 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

ImageVision wrote:
So do you have a written contract to shoot there yet?

If so are you going to post it for us?

The first step is getting payments to cover the deposit.  The rest is formality.

If the attendees wish to see the completed contract, that's fine with me.

Now, unless you are intending to come to the shoot, stop trying to be a wet blanket.  Okay?  We have a very open dialogue going with OSR.  They have been pleasant and quite helpful.

Sep 12 09 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

ImageVision wrote:
Hi Folks...

I have run a few meet and greet photography get together in NE ohio.

I also wanted to do a shoot in the prison. I had several emails and phone calls

with a lady named Sandy I think. I was told the it was a national historic site and there board

could not allows Model Mayhem "style" photography to be shot there.

I told them we were willing to pay for our time there. AND we would sign a paper saying

that we would NOT shoot nudes or implied nudes... that did not matter to there board.

of.... good luck...

Mark

Not to be a douche, but:

1. Grammar. Seriously, if you want to people to believe you're professional, SOUND professional. Perhaps that's why they didn't take you seriously?

2. This thread is about the shoot at OSR March 6th, 2010. As far as I can tell, this thread is for the advancement/planning of THAT event as well as networking- Not why you got denied/how bad the weather is going to "suck" in March, what they said when you got denied, yadda yadda. Don't hijack this thread. Last March, the weather was BEAUTIFUL for the ESP event. Either way, I'm assuming we're all more than happy to deal with whatever the weather throws us, it being such an amazing place and all.

3. I can't wait. The dampening of spirits deal probably won't work here, as I'm sure everyone's JUST as excited as me.

Sep 12 09 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Fan the Flame

Columbus, Ohio, US

karenjerzykphotography wrote:
Not to be a douche, but:

1. Grammar. Seriously, if you want to people to believe you're professional, SOUND professional. Perhaps that's why they didn't take you seriously?

2. This thread is about the shoot at OSR March 6th, 2010. As far as I can tell, this thread is for the advancement/planning of THAT event as well as networking- Not why you got denied/how bad the weather is going to "suck" in March, what they said when you got denied, yadda yadda. Don't hijack this thread. Last March, the weather was BEAUTIFUL for the ESP event. Either way, I'm assuming we're all more than happy to deal with whatever the weather throws us, it being such an amazing place and all.

3. I can't wait. The dampening of spirits deal probably won't work here, as I'm sure everyone's JUST as excited as me.

Well put!  This is a rare opportunity and it's worth not knowing exactly what the weather will be. 

I've been to group shoots in cold months where the shooting space wasn't heated.  You deal with it and make it work.

Sep 13 09 06:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Ohio Bat Girl wrote:

Well put!  This is a rare opportunity and it's worth not knowing exactly what the weather will be. 

I've been to group shoots in cold months where the shooting space wasn't heated.  You deal with it and make it work.

Thank you girls, our thoughts also.

Sep 13 09 05:01 pm Link

Model

JesssLeee

Toledo, Ohio, US

This sounds awesome. keep me updated please!

Sep 13 09 10:55 pm Link

Model

Jodes

Gurnee, Illinois, US

I am definately interested in attending this event.  How do I sign up?  Thanks, Jodi

Sep 14 09 06:25 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

JesssLeee wrote:
This sounds awesome. keep me updated please!

The most current information can be found on the shoot website:

www.kious.com/osr

I will add you to the tentative list.

Sep 14 09 11:56 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

ginch wrote:
I am definately interested in attending this event.  How do I sign up?  Thanks, Jodi

I can add you to the tentative list now:

http://www.kious.com/osr/attendees.html

After that, all you have to do is submit your entry fee and you'll be in!

Sep 14 09 11:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

The sooner you send int he entry fee the better.  it will fill up fast. 

Also i can be hired for costume work if you are looking for something special for the shoot.

Sep 14 09 02:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

For those of you new to the playing field this would be a great place to build a port and meet new people to work with.  There is plenty of cool places to shoot and lots of people to learn from. 
Can't wait for March i am so psyched

Sep 15 09 07:09 am Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

*Bump*shank Redemption

Sep 15 09 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

We need a few more "tentatives" to pay their dues so we can cover the deposit...

Sep 15 09 05:32 pm Link

Model

Anne Schaar

I just sent the money for my husband and I. Hope that helps!

Sep 16 09 11:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Anne Schaar wrote:
I just sent the money for my husband and I. Hope that helps!

thanks

Sep 16 09 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Shannon Grant wrote:
*Bump*shank Redemption

Hahahahaha.

Oh, Shannon.

You complete me.

I need to get Charles on the ball with sending his entry fee in, too.

Should make for an interesting car ride. Have we chosen other victims to go with us yet?

Algorithm snorers?

Sep 16 09 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

...and you, me! haha

I'll start spreading the news around - maybe put out a casting call? It's quite the location so I'm sure there will be interest...

Dear Kious's, I'm going to send in my $ as soon as it becomes available - promise! Starting this photography business has set me back a bit. I'm definitely going - wouldn't miss it for the world   

Sep 16 09 05:55 pm Link

Model

Trevor Mark

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

If I could find someone to car pool with, I'd be game.

Sep 16 09 05:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Shannon Grant wrote:
...and you, me! haha

I'll start spreading the news around - maybe put out a casting call? It's quite the location so I'm sure there will be interest...

Dear Kious's, I'm going to send in my $ as soon as it becomes available - promise! Starting this photography business has set me back a bit. I'm definitely going - wouldn't miss it for the world   

Sep 17 09 08:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Trevor Mark wrote:
If I could find someone to car pool with, I'd be game.

Do a search for your area and ask around.  The more the merrier.

Sep 17 09 08:45 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

The attendees list has been updated:

http://www.kious.com/osr/attendees.html

For those of you who have sent payment; thank you!  smile

Sep 17 09 11:48 am Link

Model

Dida13

Columbus, Ohio, US

I would like to participate! So count me in!!

Sep 17 09 02:23 pm Link

Model

Anne Schaar

I am now officially confirmed! So anyone wanting to schedule, let me know! Also, I can do couples shoots with my husband, if anyone's interested!

Sep 17 09 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

dangelo art

Flourtown, Pennsylvania, US

All sounds terrific.  Planning that far in advance is a bit tough, but I’ll register anyway…

Vic

Sep 18 09 01:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Dida13 wrote:
I would like to participate! So count me in!!

We can place you on the tentative list and when entry fee is received you will be placed on the attendee list.  Still need a few more people to pay so we can submit the deposit to finalize the paper and date.  If possible we are going through the area September 26th and would like to take care of things then.

Sep 18 09 06:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

dangelo art wrote:
All sounds terrific.  Planning that far in advance is a bit tough, but I’ll register anyway…

Vic

We can place you on the tentative list and when entry fee is received you will be placed on the attendee list.  Still need a few more people to pay so we can submit the deposit to finalize the paper and date.  If possible we are going through the area September 26th and would like to take care of things then.

Sep 18 09 06:42 am Link

Photographer

Fan the Flame

Columbus, Ohio, US

Can't wait for this! 

I would love to do ESP if you do another one in the future, I'm sorry I missed that one.

Sep 19 09 05:41 am Link