Forums > Events > Ohio state reformatory

Model

Victim of Changes

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'm still tenative....I have to wait a while longer before I can commit to this.  Its too far ahead to schedule for me with some of my health issues...

Sep 19 09 07:28 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Ohio Bat Girl wrote:
Can't wait for this! 

I would love to do ESP if you do another one in the future, I'm sorry I missed that one.

We're hoping that we can... someday...

Sep 19 09 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Victim of Changes wrote:
I'm still tenative....I have to wait a while longer before I can commit to this.  Its too far ahead to schedule for me with some of my health issues...

That's totally cool!  smile

Sep 19 09 12:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Almost another month down.  So can not wait for this.

Sep 20 09 05:47 am Link

Model

AvaAdora

Cleveland, Ohio, US

i am very interested in this, and since it is so fare away i can definitely make the time for it.
i have never done a group shoot before, so i have a question
can i bring my guy along, maybe as an assitant, if he pays the fee?

if that cannot be done, maybe some one is working on a car pool from the Cleveland area?

Sep 20 09 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

AvaAdora wrote:
can i bring my guy along, maybe as an assitant, if he pays the fee?

Yes you may.  smile

Sep 20 09 04:16 pm Link

Model

AvaAdora

Cleveland, Ohio, US

William Kious wrote:
Yes you may.  smile

well count me in for sure...(i have been dreaming of visiting that place)  i am gonna set some money aside in order to confirm my place there..

so the theme is costumeish correct? like renaissances, or medieval?   
i am having a bit of trouble trying to come up with an idea of how we should be dressed for the event....

suggestions?

Sep 20 09 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

NN Star Photography

Howell, New Jersey, US

i should be paying within the next week or so.  just clearing that I am deff going to be able to get a few days in a row off work

Sep 20 09 08:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

AvaAdora wrote:

well count me in for sure...(i have been dreaming of visiting that place)  i am gonna set some money aside in order to confirm my place there..

so the theme is costumeish correct? like renaissances, or medieval?   
i am having a bit of trouble trying to come up with an idea of how we should be dressed for the event....

suggestions?

I am glad you will join us for the event.

You can wear what ever you and/or the photographers you work with would like.  William and I plan for Elizabethan and Victorian costumes.  William and I are only planning for 2/3 shoots for the day so we can be more of service to our entire guests.

Sep 21 09 07:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

NN Star Photography wrote:
i should be paying within the next week or so.  just clearing that I am deff going to be able to get a few days in a row off work

Hope you can join us, it will be lots of fun.

Sep 21 09 07:40 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

The attendees list has been updated:

http://www.kious.com/osr/attendees.html

Sep 21 09 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Nevermore Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

Definitely be attending, let me scrape together the cash!

Sep 22 09 03:35 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Our group Shoot will take place at the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield OH.  This is where the Shawshank redemption was filmed. 

Date of Group Shoot - March 6th 2010.  10am-6pm
Entry fee will be  $45 (covers entry fee and food & drink for the entire day); that is for everyone - Assistance, photographers, models and MUAs, ect

map and pictures are on website www.kious.com/osr along with payment, attendees and all other info.
I will be renting the grounds, Central Guard room, and Conference room with kitchen.  William and I will be catering this event so no worries about finding food and beverage else where.  We are planning on doing this one up right since we have a place to prepare food and avoid the ESP food delay. 
We will be providing vegan, vegetarian and carnivore food.  Coffee, water, POP, ect. Right now the main dish is going to be fajitas.

Just like ESP there is to be no Nudity or risqué pictures taken. Keeps your bits covered, please.
http://www.kious.com/osr

Kious Studio
Linda and William Kious

Sep 22 09 05:18 am Link

Model

Laragh

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Fajitas!!!!!

you are AMAZING haha

anyway, if there is anything I can bring, please let me know.
Also, models...I am a photographer too!!! *HINT*

Sep 22 09 08:18 pm Link

Model

Holley Hayworth

Columbus, Ohio, US

This is going to be the slowest countdown ever.

I'm so impatient!

Sep 23 09 08:48 am Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Holley Hayworth wrote:
This is going to be the slowest countdown ever.

I'm so impatient!

Seeeeeriously.

I'm already starting to buy all the wardrobe pieces for the ideas I have, haha.

Sep 23 09 04:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Once i get this batch of costumes done I will also be starting to work on ours for the shoot, just hope I can find what I want for the elizabethian dress, got the victorian one figured out.

Sep 24 09 06:56 am Link

Model

kat kalashnikov

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

i am so excited about this. i should be able to pay in a month. once i have all of my trip expenses gathered. smile

Sep 25 09 11:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

i am glad to see all the new interested people.  We are going to be makeing a trip to OSR oct. 9th if you think of anything you would want us to ask let us know.

Sep 26 09 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Diana Price Photography

Columbia City, Indiana, US

Victim of Changes wrote:

That's sort of my feeling, but I see people booking slots already!

Sep 28 09 04:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Diana Price Photography wrote:

That's sort of my feeling, but I see people booking slots already!

Understandable....
But don't wait to long and lose you place for the event.

Sep 29 09 07:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Finally getting some responses out of OSR; we are going to have to limit our numbers for photographers, models and MUA, ect.  If you would like to come as a model and photographers or any other multiple listing, we will place your name under one listing so we can make room for more people to join. 
You can jump on the tread and let everyone know what all you are available for that day.

Sep 30 09 09:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

This is event will be on ohio State Reformatory's calender very soon.  There would have to be a major disaster for us to cancel it so sign up ASAP.

Sep 30 09 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

To accommodate OSR's needs, we are going to have to bump the attendance fee to $45 per person.  We regret having to do this, but we have to cover their demands.  If you have already paid under the $35 price, don't worry... we're not going to penalize you for issues with OSR!  smile  We are also setting a cap of 40 photographers.

For those of you who want to attend under multiple disciplines (MUAs saying they are coming as photographers, etc.), we STRONGLY SUGGEST that you let us list you as attending as something OTHER than a photographer.  If you have questions about this, please PM me and I will explain...

Oct 01 09 11:26 am Link

Model

Laragh

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Oct 01 09 01:22 pm Link

Model

Laragh

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Oct 01 09 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

The Gross Bite

Lansing, Michigan, US

Maura Housley wrote:

She's apparently the quiet type.

Oct 02 09 10:15 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

make sure to read all updates at www.kious.com/osr

Oct 02 09 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Dark Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this one guys!  Have fun!!

Oct 03 09 07:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Laura Dark Photography wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this one guys!  Have fun!!

sorry to hear that

Oct 03 09 10:49 am Link

Photographer

ImageVision

Elyria, Ohio, US

Geee i have not been here in a while, and i see i have been ripped apart by my use of "bad grammar" and voicing my opinion I thought thats what threads were for...?
So now your a english teacher and a Photographer?  Sense when does "bad grammar" decide if your a professional photographer. They took me very seriously about what i wanted and what i wanted for my group.

The information i was trying to share with you was based on what i had experienced in dealing with them, I was trying to help... sorry you took it as i was "venting" about my time with them... ( i don't have time or the desire to use YOUR site as a launching point for my feeling..)

Ya i really Hijacked your little place on the web here... Yadda yadda.. I find your words demeaning and insulting... I was just trying to help.. But if helping is just agreeing with you then I guess i did not... Oh ya we all know the weather is the same every March.. so great weather is a given...

Oct 04 09 08:30 am Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Your

and

You're.

Thank you.

(and, just in case you need it:
to and too
their, there and they're)

That concludes the lesson of the day.

Oct 04 09 05:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

ImageVision wrote:
Geee i have not been here in a while, and i see i have been ripped apart by my use of "bad grammar" and voicing my opinion I thought thats what threads were for...?
So now your a english teacher and a Photographer?  Sense when does "bad grammar" decide if your a professional photographer. They took me very seriously about what i wanted and what i wanted for my group.

The information i was trying to share with you was based on what i had experienced in dealing with them, I was trying to help... sorry you took it as i was "venting" about my time with them... ( i don't have time or the desire to use YOUR site as a launching point for my feeling..)

Ya i really Hijacked your little place on the web here... Yadda yadda.. I find your words demeaning and insulting... I was just trying to help.. But if helping is just agreeing with you then I guess i did not... Oh ya we all know the weather is the same every March.. so great weather is a given...

I think everyone was just wondering if you were interested in coming and if not why keep going on and on.  Just sounded more negative then helpful. 
Some people are just really great at english and have a pet peeve about bad grammer.
PS bad grammar does appear unprofessional.

Oct 04 09 05:51 pm Link

Model

Holley Hayworth

Columbus, Ohio, US

Get it!!

haha.

Oct 05 09 12:22 pm Link

Model

Danielle MUA model

Bratenahl, Ohio, US

IM IN! IM IN! IM IN!!!!

Oct 05 09 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

I just stole some stuff from an abandoned hospital for costumes for this shoot, hahaha. Just thinking ahead, you know?

;D

Oct 05 09 07:23 pm Link

Model

Little Mz Hardcore

Toledo, Ohio, US

hmmmmm.......i wanty to go

Oct 05 09 08:02 pm Link

Model

Holley Hayworth

Columbus, Ohio, US

karenjerzykphotography wrote:
I just stole some stuff from an abandoned hospital for costumes for this shoot, hahaha. Just thinking ahead, you know?

;D

haha
Sounds great!
I am jealous though, I just did a shoot at an abandoned hospital yesterday and there wasnt any clothing left!!!!

Oct 05 09 08:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

I am surrounded by criminals.  lol

Oct 06 09 06:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

To sign up for the shoot go to www.kious.com/osr and follow the directions.
Photographer spots (only 40) will go fast; all other spots are unlimited.

The months are flying by fast.

Oct 06 09 06:34 am Link