Forums > General Industry > Fake or Real?

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I would like to hear everyone's opinions on breast augmentation.

Apr 27 05 12:49 am Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i have nothing against it-i'm planning on getting mine done sometime in the future.  the natural looking jobs look the best.

Apr 27 05 12:51 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I will NEVER get any done... I like my chest how it is. Oh... and I prefer girls natural, as runway models and regular models.

Apr 27 05 12:54 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If it meant attracting paying clients to my photography cause, I might consider it, but I'd have to ask my wife for permission though. I'm also worried she might get a complex since she's small and natural. *g*

Apr 27 05 01:04 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 
If it meant attracting paying clients to my photography cause, I might consider it, but I'd have to ask my wife for permission though. I'm also worried she might get a complex since she's small and natural. *g*

^5 buddy!

Apr 27 05 01:09 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I think Joe and Udo should realy reconsider.

I don't much care for breast implants from aesthetic perspective. I can pretty much always tell, no matter how good the implants are.

That said, it's a personal choice and I have no moral or ethical issue with women who choose to insert plastic funbags.

Apr 27 05 01:10 am Link

Model

Rei

Chicago, Illinois, US

I don't really support the idea, I dont personally think they look very good, but if its what the girl wants....

and btw...mine are real

Apr 27 05 01:15 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by theda: 
I think Joe and Udo should realy reconsider.

That said, it's a personal choice and I have no moral or ethical issue with women who choose to insert plastic funbags.

LOL... well... let me put it this way... I am homo sapiens gluteus maximus, or in popular language... an assman!

I do like breasts, in all sizes and shapes... even small... I can live with it, as long as there is a tight feminine butt, round, firm... yummi...

Personally (not professionally... well, yes,... professionally too), the chest has to conform with a tight buttocks. I rather have a shapely girl with a B-cup and great backside than a DD with a flabby butt where the cheeks bounce off the hollow of the knees when walking in the nude.

However, if I meet a girl that has implants... well... so be it, but it is not important to me.

I like the human (fit!) form, but I also like to shoot interesting people... I received actually a complaint about my old website why I had so many old people on my site... LOL

Apr 27 05 01:23 am Link

Model

Tiff-Marie

Los Angeles, California, US

I like mine and on you I'll like yours.... not what you go out and buy!

Apr 27 05 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Hey, if it makes you happy, it's money well spent. there will always be a market for both in photos.

Apr 27 05 01:30 am Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

I won't shoot a model with fakies. I actually turned down a model after we'd planned on shooting once she got her breasts done and instead of getting "a lil fix" as she promised she went up two cup sizes and it looked like two ballons had been stuck under her chest, To quote Alfred E Newman, "Bleech!"

But I'm also not into large breasts in general. I won't pck models above a C cup anyway because I don't find D's and above attractive, plus since I primarly do art nudes large breasts tend to distract and it becomes all about the boobs

Apr 27 05 01:45 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by vanscottie: 
I won't shoot a model with fakies. I actually turned down a model after we'd planned on shooting once she got her breasts done and instead of getting "a lil fix" as she promised she went up two cup sizes and it looked like two ballons had been stuck under her chest, To quote Alfred E Newman, "Bleech!"

But I'm also not into large breasts in general. I won't pck models above a C cup anyway because I don't find D's and above attractive, plus since I primarly do art nudes large breasts tend to distract and it becomes all about the boobs

And of course- opposite opinion here.  A good percentage of the models I work with are augmented.  Although natural is also great too.  I just think it depends on the kind of work you want to do.  If you want to look like the models in Maxim, the VS catalogue, SI swimsuit, etc- than either you are naturally very proportional- or you traded up.

Hey, like models don't change hair color- shave body hair- or use makeup.  Cmon- if the model is wanting it and she looks great with them- why not?

Regards,
-Jose

Apr 27 05 01:52 am Link

Photographer

MRP-Photography

Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

if it looks good, anytime!

Apr 27 05 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Kaa

Fairfield, California, US

whatever floats your boat, but as far as my taste goes I prefer to shoot natural.
Kaa

Apr 27 05 02:02 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I don't care for what Pamela Anderson did to herself, I prefer natural breasts. I have an original issue of her first appearance and she looks so much better than she does today with the fake ones! That's just my opinion though ...

Apr 27 05 02:11 am Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Lapis: 
I would like to hear everyone's opinions on breast augmentation.

I guess it depends on what the purpose is. If it is for photos, I prefer natural but if it looks good I could careless! Still I think people should do what they want, whether that is getting a piercing or boobs it is all good smile

Apr 27 05 02:19 am Link

Model

Tiffany Jill

Tacoma, Washington, US

I would never get them... but then again I'm a natural full C...

As a photographer though (Mayhem #186), I won't shoot them unless it'a a paying job, not if I can tell they're fake... I just don't like the look of them.  They sort of tend to take over a model, all you see is fake boobs, the rest of her beauty gets overshadowed.  IMHO.

Apr 27 05 03:11 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Do`nt like it.......models who have them are good for bikini and sci-fi/alien/spygirl  photo shoots

They didn`t have BOOBJOBS in 1962 and the models were NATURAL then and got the JOB done.....American culture and the American male of this era (men under 40) seem to really go for them, America has been brainwashed into thinking it`s normal, I wish that a Audrey Hepburn CRAZE would start again, with some little natural model, tearing up the place and the boobjob doctors would have to switch to nose surgery

I think on the most part I can do without models who are enhanced in my retro styles and especially for artistic nude shoots, (retro)  sometimes it`s fine for the MAXIM bikini look, spygirls and also for fetish,  sometimes it looks good like in corsets, but when models who are enhanced and pierced it looks like a grapefruit with an earring in it......

Just my opinion

PS: It`s a pain in the ass too with vintage lingerie, while rocket bras were NOT meant to be enhanced in that manner...foam cones or tissue paper were the norm

PSPS: Models who have them I don`t want to put down....it`s really about the RETRO look here I guess I can say that`s critical......I`ve shot many models WITH them, *WHILE I THINK 6 OUTTA 10 WOMEN HAVE THEM NOW A DAYS, AT LEAST IN FLORIDA* and I guess there`s a place for everything really.....looks good in bikinis and modern lingerie, but doesn`t do anything for the retro looks I do......

Apr 27 05 04:14 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Posted by pamela mars: 
i have nothing against it-i'm planning on getting mine done sometime in the future.  the natural looking jobs look the best.

Don`t destroy yourself.......you have a perfect look now, don`t ruin it.....

Just my opinion

Apr 27 05 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

I definitely prefer all natural.  I can spot implants on nudes from a mile away and I find their shape to be, generally, unattractive.  I think models look really weird when they're 5'9" and only 120 pounds and 20 pounds is silicone.  I won't select a model with obvious implants for an artistic nude shoot. 

Apr 27 05 06:04 am Link

Photographer

Darren Jones

Murrieta, California, US

Personally I prefer natural no matter what the size.I just find them sexier, but I don't mind implants if the model feels better having them.

Apr 27 05 06:31 am Link

Model

Amabelle

Toronto, Iowa, US

Oh man..I would NEVER get mine done..And I'm an average for a Filipina (32B).  Since I do commercial fashion print work, I think having a cup DD would look really weird on a girl that's only 5 feet 5 and 98 lbs.  LOL! I'd fall over if I had 20 pounds of silicone on me! Barbie was NOT proportionate so I don't understand why our society still follows it...

Apr 27 05 06:33 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

It all depends on the chick.  Like what size is she presently and will they look right on her.  Etc etc.

Apr 27 05 06:47 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
It all depends on the chick.  Like what size is she presently and will they look right on her.  Etc etc.

They almost never look "right." 

Apr 27 05 07:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Amabelle: 
Oh man..I would NEVER get mine done..And I'm an average for a Filipina (32B).  Since I do commercial fashion print work, I think having a cup DD would look really weird on a girl that's only 5 feet 5 and 98 lbs.  LOL! I'd fall over if I had 20 pounds of silicone on me! Barbie was NOT proportionate so I don't understand why our society still follows it...

You are very pretty the way you are...  You don't need "home improvements."  I love your portfolio... most of the photos are very pretty, very edgy, and very classy...

Apr 27 05 08:05 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Fake or Real?  Either is good...  but is fake really fake or is it just REAL expensive?

I wouldn't judge a person by their bits - but rather by their brains and of course their personality. 

Photographically speaking, on a professional level, depending on what thought the image is supposed to instill in one's mind - both have their place.

"Why," I ask, "would anyone even care?"

Apr 27 05 08:15 am Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

I think you're gorgeous just the way you are Lapis.

As for me, I'm not opposed to women getting it done- I'm all for the pursuit of happiness as long as it's not damaging to other people. I perfer naural ones, but that's just my taste.

Apr 27 05 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

I wonder if the fascination with big boobs has something to do with the fact that most contemporary men were bottle fed.

For the record, I vote "natural" every time.

I just took a pass on an opportunity to work with an otherwise lovely young lady. Because of her boob job, I'm sure that when she dies, somone's going to have to bounce on the coffen lid to get it closed.

Oh ... for what it's worth, I'm a leg man. Kids weren't bottle fed where I grew up.

Apr 27 05 10:26 am Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm real, can't ya tell! It was always a thought when I was younger to go get some fakies... but then I've realized I'm a small girl and I've got nothing to be ashamed of!

Apr 27 05 10:42 am Link

Model

Candy Keane

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I always said I would never get mine done and now I'm eating my own words and filling out my bra nicely. I used to show up at every shoot with a "sack of boobs." Foam pads, silicon gels, pushup underwire, wonderbras in every available size and variety. It sucked.
I figure if I was going to put so much time and effort to create the illusion of boobs, I might as well just get them done permanently instead of taking them off when I got home.
I researched like crazy and also did not give in to the pressure of the surgeon and a lot of other people who kept telling me to go bigger than I thought I wanted. I just wanted to be proportioned. I had a nice butt, but needed some help on top.
I got them through the bellybutton, have no scars and absolutely love them. Nobody can even tell I have them unless I am in a bikini top, because they are just proportionate to my size.
After the surgery, I collected all my 34 A's and my padding and sold the lot on Ebay so some other woman could get a little lift ;o)
-Candy

Apr 27 05 10:48 am Link

Photographer

RFAphoto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Once again here is my opinion, worth everything you have paid to read it....

"Fake or Real" is the Hoover dam fake, is the Space Shuttle Fake, Mt Rushmore? just because something has been modified or augmented in this case does not make it "Fake". Implants are a choice, and just like whether to get them or not, some people won't work with those with implants, I prefer no to limit myself on anything other than, will this model work for the Image I am trying to achieve.

Personal tastes, I have a friend with Implants, she was beautiful before them, but she wanted them. all I asked her was "You're not going too big are you?"I think she's still beautiful after, but more importantly, SHE is happy! I now have an idea of what women go through to get them...OUCH!

Apr 27 05 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by Joe Kozlowski: 
I wonder if the fascination with big boobs has something to do with the fact that most contemporary men were bottle fed.

Nope, I'm under 40 and was breast feed (by two women actually- mom and aunt).  I still appreciate them.

It's so funny to see the overwhelming majority on this chain say how they hate fake breasts and dont work with them, etc.  Yet, by in large- popular America today (celebs, models, girl next door) are trading up.

It must be because we are all real artists so we can't possible reflect our society's popular interests- pleez!

-Jose

Apr 27 05 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Jose- JoseOnline.com: 
It must be because we are all real artists so we can't possible reflect our society's popular interests- pleez!
-Jose

... and?

I don't agree with our current administrations foreign politics and still, they got re-elected.

It is also quite interesting that the openess and defense for augmentation and "as is"... varies drastically from East to West coast.

If you take a look who is defending and supporting augmentation, you see that most are in the West coast region and the ones the prefer naturals (but don't discriminate) are on the East coast!

Euro is a totally different situation. I grew up there without implants being even a discussion and was an "exotic" American thingy.

Apr 27 05 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Joe Kozlowski: 

Which is a very popular theory among social behaviourists. Of course there are exceptions, but it shows the tendencies.

Apr 27 05 01:50 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Believe it or not, I have implants.  Some people cannot tell.    I did it for myself 5 years ago, and had them put under the muscle so that they did look more natural.  When they were done, I wanted something that fit MY body, MY height, MY weight, my overall figure.  There is nothing wrong with implants...too many people seem to focus on breasts these days.  Yes, I do agree that someone can go TOO FAR with breast augmentation, making them look too fake or too big, but for the ones that do it, to enhance themselves, but to look more natural should be praised for NOT going too far.  What is the difference between an enhancement and not going to far on a breast augmentation and a nose job, or face lift or any other surgery for that matter?  As long as the person is not going to far with it, I see no big deal in it, and as long as it proportions the person in a proper way, and the surgery was done right...it shouldn't matter to some extent.

McKenzie

Apr 27 05 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

AG Photo

Easton, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by McKenzie: 
Believe it or not, I have implants.  Some people cannot tell.    I did it for myself 5 years ago, and had them put under the muscle so that they did look more natural.  When they were done, I wanted something that fit MY body, MY height, MY weight, my overall figure.  There is nothing wrong with implants...too many people seem to focus on breasts these days.  Yes, I do agree that someone can go TOO FAR with breast augmentation, making them look too fake or too big, but for the ones that do it, to enhance themselves, but to look more natural should be praised for NOT going too far.  What is the difference between an enhancement and not going to far on a breast augmentation and a nose job, or face lift or any other surgery for that matter?  As long as the person is not going to far with it, I see no big deal in it, and as long as it proportions the person in a proper way, and the surgery was done right...it shouldn't matter to some extent.

McKenzie

I agree with you, as long as the implants are in proportion to the build of the girl receiving them, it can not only enhance her appearance (and thus boost self-esteem and possibly her career) but also can be very difficult to detect if done somewhat conservatively with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

As someone mentioned earlier, I think many people would be stunned if we found out how many women in the entertainment industry had breast augmentation performed. The only ones we notice, are the ones who suddenly went from nothing to something i.e. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Tori Spelling or we notice those that are so absurd, so ridiculous, that even Ray Charles, sans touch, would immediately know they weren't natural.

McKenzie, you look great, and I admire your forthrightness.

Apr 27 05 02:08 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by McKenzie: 
Believe it or not, I have implants.

Umm... I believe it.

Candy: It looks like you only went up about one cup size. You'd be one of the girls who could fool me.

Apr 27 05 02:13 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Matthew Grogan: 

Posted by McKenzie: 

McKenzie

I agree with you, as long as the implants are in proportion to the build of the girl receiving them, it can not only enhance her appearance (and thus boost self-esteem and possibly her career) but also can be very difficult to detect if done somewhat conservatively with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

As someone mentioned earlier, I think many people would be stunned if we found out how many women in the entertainment industry had breast augmentation performed. The only ones we notice, are the ones who suddenly went from nothing to something i.e. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Tori Spelling or we notice those that are so absurd, so ridiculous, that even Ray Charles, sans touch, would immediately know they weren't natural.

McKenzie, you look great, and I admire your forthrightness.

Thank you Matthew, I have nothing to hide and they were done with the right reasons and intentions in mind.  I understand why it is such a big issue though considering the ones out there that go too far with it.  If they didn't research the doctor also.  I also understand with breast augmentation comes health issues also...which is a risk that many women take.  Now, they have saline, which is what I have.  As with anything and any decision, it has to be researched, you have to know the reason of why you want it, what your wanting to get out of it.  People would never know just looking at me.  It isn't that obvious.  That was the intention.  In some situations there is some give away hints, but other than that, there isn't.  I have seen girls that take their clothes off and it is one complete full circle all the way around.  Mine, only do that when they are "pushed up"...lol.  I think to each their own on this one.  If it helps a girl from committing suicide because her self esteem is so low and she wants to get them done, so be it.  Girls do these things anyway because of how society views them, constantly seeing it or hearing about breats and/or breast augmentation.  Society has a lot to do with plastic surgery, and how a person should look.

McKenzie

Apr 27 05 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

AG Photo

Easton, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by McKenzie: 
Believe it or not, I have implants.

Umm... I believe it.

Candy: It looks like you only went up about one cup size. You'd be one of the girls who could fool me. 

I can tell Candy had them done as well, but it's not something that your eyes immediately pick up because as you said Theda, she didn't over do it. I'm not going to point out how it's obvious to me, because that's not important.

What's important is both McKenzie and Candy decided to do something for themselves, are honest about it, and also didn't go overboard to freakish proportions.

The thing that puzzles me...is that many guys seem to rather enjoy those women with chests enhanced to freakish proportions.

Further puzzling...there is a girl on here who I would bet $1000 has implants...and she's under 18. Why? She still may be growing, still may develop.

Apr 27 05 02:21 pm Link

Model

Renee Hyde

New York, New York, US

Wow, opened a can of worms of this one.

I would have to say that don't do it. I've never done it, never will and even if I were an A or smaller, I still wouldn't do it. The idea of going under the knife really freaks me out. I prefer natural, whatever you were born with.

My reason for this is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is a market and love for whatever size you are. You can't please everyone and I think it's best to be natural. I don't think people should conform to society. Big is probably more in than small, but who cares. Boobs may talk, but they don't make the person. I'd love to have blue eyes, I wasn't born with them, but at the same time I wouldn't buy my eyes blue if I could.

In most cases, you can wear things to naturally enhance yourself and not do any harm to yourself or later regret what you did. Different types of clothing will have that effect. Same as going to Victoria's Secret and buying a bra with gel, or buying the fake boobs you put in your bra over your own skin. Camera angles can help achieve maximum boob as well.

Then there's the moral issue that your desecrating your body. (Tattoos could be thought of as the same, although I don't have any and do like them). I'm doing the same thing every time I light up a cigarette, and although I would never turn on anyone for smoking, I would never promote it or wish it on anyone.

Then there's the health risk of implants. Infection, the possibility of one leaking, the brutal procedure and pain that must be endured. Plus in the end, they may look too round, plump and fake. Most people don't want implants to look like implants and want everyone to believe they are their own.

So to each his own, but doesn't it seem as though there's more negative things than positive? Is it really that important, or worth all the hassel and expense?

Renee

Apr 27 05 02:51 pm Link