Forums > Model Colloquy > How do you get a Good yet Affordable Boob Job?

Photographer

Lindsay Bays

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Thank you!!  to those that gave some advice to the actual question.

I am not going to skimp on price.  I've only looked up the best doctors.  I am not doing this for another 3 months due to my internship and study in Munich.  So I have time to look at dr's and financial options.  I've wanted this for a longtime so I am not really jumping into it.

I'm a Student so I can only work part-time.  That is why I keep getting turned down for loans and credit.  Plus I make Videos for a modeling agency and for school so its impossible to work full-time.  Editing video takes a good deal of time.

Plus I found a study online that women that got boobs jobs make 20% more than those who do not (in the professional world, not modeling).  I am not trying to be a big, successful model.  I'm trying to be successful in Media, which is highly Male.  I'm one of two females in my program that concentrate on video, shooting, and editing.

Again, thanks for the Advice!! smile

May 10 11 11:10 am Link

Makeup Artist

Make-up Magic by Megan

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Here's something that no one suggested.....How about a nice push up bra? I get mine at target for literally $25 and they make you go up 2 bra sizes. I'm naturaly a C but I'm thick everywhere else so I like my girls to look bigger to match the booty lmao. I seriously have one in every color and wear them just about everyday. you cant tell at all that its just a bra(well now everyone knows). They make all sorts of bras now that do the trick. dont spend thousands on risky surgery when you can go to target and get 2 cup sizes for $35.

May 10 11 11:46 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:

please, please don't go on myfreeimplants. that site makes me sick :s

Why am I picturing Sally Struthers crying and pleading for our help to 'Save The Children.'

"For just pennies a day you can help a poor young girl achieve clean water, life-saving medicine...and the tits of her dreams. Won't you sponsor a model today?"

May 10 11 11:55 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Make-up Magic by Megan wrote:
Here's something that no one suggested.....How about a nice push up bra? I get mine at target for literally $25 and they make you go up 2 bra sizes. I'm naturaly a C but I'm thick everywhere else so I like my girls to look bigger to match the booty lmao. I seriously have one in every color and wear them just about everyday. you cant tell at all that its just a bra(well now everyone knows). They make all sorts of bras now that do the trick. dont spend thousands on risky surgery when you can go to target and get 2 cup sizes for $35.

I'm pretty sure the jig would be up when you took off the bra, no? I didn't see if the OP does nude modeling, but if that's the case, a bra wouldn't help...obviously lol.

And while we're at it...don't spend thousands on veneers and risky dental surgery when you can just not smile and solve the problem for free.

Fyi...Hers wasn't a post on whether she should or shouldn't have the surgery...it was about price. But I guess it was inevitable that someone would comment with their own agenda for or against. I guess you missed where she wrote "(No negative comments please.  Just asking for some Advice, not Personal Opinions. Thanks)"

May 10 11 11:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Make-up Magic by Megan

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

I'm pretty sure the jig would be up when you took off the bra, no? I didn't see if the OP does nude modeling, but if that's the case, a bra wouldn't help...obviously lol.

And while we're at it...don't spend thousands on veneers and risky dental surgery when you can just not smile and solve the problem for free.

Fyi...Hers wasn't a post on whether she should or shouldn't have the surgery...it was about price. But I guess it was inevitable that someone would comment with their own agenda for or against. I guess you missed where she wrote "(No negative comments please.  Just asking for some Advice, not Personal Opinions. Thanks)"

I'm not against implants at all i was mearly giving an alternative if she was interested. My sister has implants and before i found the bras i was considering getting them myslef. Im not putting her down or making a negative comment. i was just saying

May 10 11 12:05 pm Link

Model

Ashleigh S London

London, Ontario, Canada

First off, I don't understand why the cosmetic surgery haters even need to post here. The OP was asking for advice on choosing a surgeon and figuring out her budget, so if you don't have any advice that is pertinent to her needs, then why post?

Secondly, I have augmented breasts and I just want to say that its the best money I EVER spent. To those saying "oh girls who get cosmetic surgery have self image issues and need a counseling instead"...well, DUH. Everyone has self image/self confidence issues, everyone has flaws and everyone has insecurities. If you say you don't, then you're lying. Someone who's self conscious about their weight, might hire a personal trainer and work their ass off to lose weight. Someone who's self conscious about their teeth might get work done on their teeth, and someone who's self conscious about their hair or skin will go to a salon and have someone work on it. Breast augmentation is NO different, aside from the fact that its expensive (although counselling isn't cheap either tongue) I went into my surgery unhappy with my size, shape and asymmetry, as well as the fact that my chest was disproportionate to the rest of my curvy body - and came out a totally changed woman, inside and out. I love myself, the way I look, the way I feel...I feel like a physically complete woman and I don't think anyone has the right to judge how I went about improving my confidence.

And fyi, my boob job IS a good boob job. Everyone who's seen them naked assumes that they're real. If you do your research, find a good doctor and pay for his work, then you can come out with boobs that look like they're your own. So to the OP, pleaseee do your research, and don't settle for anything less than your chesticles deserve. A good resource is www.justbreastimplants.com - they have an amazing forum full of girls who will be happy to give you advice and support. And of course if you have any questions, feel free to ask me as well.

May 10 11 02:40 pm Link

Model

cameryn coxxx

Delray Beach, Florida, US

LNZBZ wrote:
I have been wanting to get implants for a long time and have decided to do it after returning from Germany.  I saw a doctor, etc. and she quoted me the price and it was at least $7000 for silicon gel (which is what I want, not saline) implants.

She is one of the best in Cincinnati and I don't want to go to a bad Dr.  Saving money is not worth risking my life.

Does anyone know of a Good Dr that charges less near Cincinnati?  And does anyone know where to get financing for a person with bad credit?

(No negative comments please.  Just asking for some Advice, not Personal Opinions. Thanks)

Discount surgery isn't a good idea, just like anything else that matters,,, (any TFP people listening,,,) but any market with lots of competition will have more and talented DRs doing the work, and price will come down, in Miami, the ave is $3500, in Destin at the destin surgery center, where Dr's from all over the world come to study, its around $5500

May 10 11 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

A-M-P wrote:
Exactly plus breast implants don't last forever you need to get them redone every 10-15 years I believe, also if there are any complications how are you going to pay for the other surgeries. Also if you are getting silicone is to my understanding that you need to get a MRI every few years to check if everything is going well in there.

I want to get breast implants myself but I will not be getting them until I know I can afford the procedure itself plus afford any extra short and long term care I might need if any complications were to arise.

In Europe, or, at least in the UK the silicone implants are no longer liquid in a bag. It's more of a jello like substance. See this BBC documentary http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/292/m … -and-i.jsp

This one is on the subject of taking donations to get surgery:
http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/292/1 … reasts.jsp

May 10 11 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey McAlister

Boston, Massachusetts, US

ShivaKitty wrote:
I work in strip clubs; I see A LOT of boob jobs. I've seen so many boob jobs, it's absurd.

Believe me when I say, you get what you pay for.

The best-looking fake boobies I ever saw cost something like $12,000 and were done overseas. They were amazing, but the girl's sugar daddy paid out the wazoo for them.

Please forgive the shameless threadjack here.... and this woman, Shivakitty, is walking talking proof that ya don't need no stinking boob job to be beautiful.

May 10 11 03:19 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Make-up Magic by Megan wrote:

And what about when you are nude? See, that's the thing. If you only care about what other people think of your body, then a push up is fine. But, if you see yourself nude, with no pushup on, it's more about doing it for you. A pushup bra does not change the fact that some of us are naturally built like pre adolescent boys. If that is fine for you, great. But if it bothers some of us, implants solve that problem.

May 10 11 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

If you've found a doctor you like - and the doctor gets good results - then save up until you can afford your first choice.  Comparison shopping for something that goes inside your body just doesn't sound like a good idea.

As for financing... good luck with that.

May 10 11 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Aapics Digital Studios

Portola Hills, California, US

David Westlake wrote:
My $.02:

Why pay thousands to fix something that doesn't appear to me to be broke. I think you look fine the way you are.

https://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-score010.gif

May 10 11 05:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Make-up Magic by Megan

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Natasha240 wrote:

And what about when you are nude? See, that's the thing. If you only care about what other people think of your body, then a push up is fine. But, if you see yourself nude, with no pushup on, it's more about doing it for you. A pushup bra does not change the fact that some of us are naturally built like pre adolescent boys. If that is fine for you, great. But if it bothers some of us, implants solve that problem.

it's atleast something she could try untill she can affored the boob job. like i said before it was simply a suggestion and not meant to push her away from getting a boob job. I'm all for cosmetic surgery but I know it is expensive and painful. and she has a C cup as do I and I dont think that is being built like a pre adolescent boy. I was just offering an idea for if she was looking for a little something extra day to day.

May 11 11 06:51 am Link

Model

Jena Mroz

New York, New York, US

I don't know any docs near you, however I heard that down south the average cost is alot a cheeper, like 2,500.00- 3,000.00. And in brazil It's even cheeper.

May 11 11 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

go to Joe's auto body shop :-)

May 11 11 09:37 pm Link

Model

JonellG

Fredericksburg, Virginia, US

Cheap boobs aren't good, and good boobs aren't cheap.

May 11 11 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Figure Photo

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

be careful when talking to people online. a girl can say "they look totally real!" and only post the photos where they look real. the photos where they don't look so great just don't get posted. then you see the girl in real life and they look awful.

May 11 11 09:54 pm Link

Model

Artemis Bare

San Diego, California, US

Toilet paper FTW!

May 11 11 10:05 pm Link

Model

Gracie Kay

Santa Barbara, California, US

Not sure if mentioned yet but check out myfreeimplants.com

Dec 04 11 05:05 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

This thread is like 80000000 years old, bro

Also that site was mentioned like 3 times on page 1

Dec 04 11 08:30 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

Lindsay Bays wrote:
Thank you!!  to those that gave some advice to the actual question.

I am not going to skimp on price.  I've only looked up the best doctors.  I am not doing this for another 3 months due to my internship and study in Munich.  So I have time to look at dr's and financial options.  I've wanted this for a longtime so I am not really jumping into it.

I'm a Student so I can only work part-time.  That is why I keep getting turned down for loans and credit.  Plus I make Videos for a modeling agency and for school so its impossible to work full-time.  Editing video takes a good deal of time.

Plus I found a study online that women that got boobs jobs make 20% more than those who do not (in the professional world, not modeling).  I am not trying to be a big, successful model.  I'm trying to be successful in Media, which is highly Male.  I'm one of two females in my program that concentrate on video, shooting, and editing.

Again, thanks for the Advice!! smile

Wait a second, what the fuck??? OP has two profiles????

Dec 04 11 08:34 pm Link

Model

Shai zaar

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

With any boobjob, no matter where you go there is risks. My friend paid $11,000 for hers in Australia and has no feeling whatsoever in her left breast and wishes she never got the op, Iv then also had another friend who ventured to Bangkok for hers and couldnt be happier, moral of the story, there is always risks no matter where you go and you must be prepared. I personally would love a boob job in the future (although not sure if ild take the leap!) however if I were to do so, It would most certainly be after alot of research and finding the one with the most positive reviews

Good luck!

Dec 04 11 09:25 pm Link

Model

LainaSA

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

I work for a plastic surgeon in S.A. and my experience is that you get what you pay for. If money is an absolute issue, and you aren't sure if you are going to get credit, then leave it for a year and relook at doing this time next year. If you are desperate, have a look at your country's plastic surgeon association website and make sure a surgeon you are looking at is registered on that website and also look at the surgeons own website. Ask if you can get a cash discount (I don't know if surgeons offer that there, but our bank fees are high here some people offer cash discounts). There are companies that offer finance especially for surgical procedures here, ask your surgeon if they have the name of a company there that does the same thing.

Dec 05 11 12:49 am Link

Model

Jessica Vaugn

Los Angeles, California, US

Do not get a $2500 boob job in Oklahoma City or something,  if you want nice boobs.

If you can't afford the respected surgeons boob job, just wait till you can. Nothing looks worse than a botched breast job.

Dec 05 11 12:54 am Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Portland, Oregon, US

ive never seen a decent boob job, but you get what you pay for so i wouldnt skimp on cost...

Dec 05 11 01:00 am Link

Model

Emma - Lee

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

Wow didn't realise this thread was so old hmm

Dec 05 11 02:25 am Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

-Titania- wrote:
If you can't afford them, you can't afford to upkeep them, either. They're not always a lifetime install- often you'll need new implants in 10 years. I've seen some baaaaaadly worn out fake boobs- ripples, un-even sag, etc. They could barely afford the boob job when they got it, they can't afford the new ones.

What's the goal with having them? There are probably things that are much more important in your life, and the fact that you can't get a loan by yourself for them is probably a sign.

While I do believe in the fundemental right to self-determination (anyone has the right to do anything to themselves that does not harm others), I happen to also agree with your post.....

OP, if $7,000 is a lot of money for you, I would reconsider your current priorities.  Rent (good safe, clean neighborhood)?, car (safe and reliable?), Savings (emergency fund to tide you over)? Education? Health care (and insurance?)?

In my personal opinion, all of those should come before elective boob surgery.

Dec 05 11 04:04 am Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

Emma - O wrote:
Wow didn't realise this thread was so old hmm

Shit....

I just wasted my words.....

Dec 05 11 04:05 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

A friend of mine who is nearly 23 just went from a C cup to a DD cup in a couple of months without doing anything at all!! She hasn't even gained weight....

At 23 your body is still changing and you don't know what will happen to it in the next few years. I would suggest waiting until you're at least 25 or 26 or have had a couple of kids before reconsidering this.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Dec 05 11 04:09 am Link

Model

DinoUnchained

Portland, Oregon, US

8541 wrote:

^^^ this

As far as I concened nature made are the best thing going regardless of size or shape unless you were in some sort of hideous accident.

And, you want to take out a loan to do this? I'm sorry, let me put this gently, that's insane. That's the last thing a 23 year old needs is a $10,000+ loan for tits... Sorry, but that's truth right there....

And a few years out of college with your new career 7K won't seem as hard to come by... and you may have changed your mind at that point.

Dec 05 11 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Top doctors charge about $12.000.oo for the best augmentations.

If you can get a good one for $7,000.oo you're getting a bargan.

My advice would be to save up to get the best and go where ever you need to in order to get them.

Great boobs will provide more opportunities to make better money in modeling.

A bad boobjob will not

KM

Dec 05 11 09:07 am Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

Hire a top notch photo editor! Its cheper! smile`

Dec 05 11 09:13 am Link

Photographer

HIGHTISTIC

Anchorage, Alaska, US

LNZBZ wrote:
I have been wanting to get implants for a long time and have decided to do it after returning from Germany.  I saw a doctor, etc. and she quoted me the price and it was at least $7000 for silicon gel (which is what I want, not saline) implants.

She is one of the best in Cincinnati and I don't want to go to a bad Dr.  Saving money is not worth risking my life.

Does anyone know of a Good Dr that charges less near Cincinnati?  And does anyone know where to get financing for a person with bad credit?

(No negative comments please.  Just asking for some Advice, not Personal Opinions. Thanks)

Coral Gables Plastic Surgery in Miami. I know about 15 models who have gone there over the last 2-3 years and no one has had an issue. I think they are having a special for like 2800 or something like that right now.

Dec 05 11 09:14 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

LNZBZ wrote:
I agree with all of you, I am definitely not going to go to some cheap doc and get a botch job for $3000, it would cost waaay more to fix

Don't forget, you'll have to upkeep those girls in 7-12 years.

Dec 05 11 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

SMASSH STUDIO wrote:

Coral Gables Plastic Surgery in Miami. I know about 15 models who have gone there over the last 2-3 years and no one has had an issue. I think they are having a special for like 2800 or something like that right now.

Is that the Earl Schieb's of boob jobs?

Cost of surgery should be WAY down the list of priorities when considering one.

Dec 05 11 09:47 am Link

Model

Courtney JH

Onekama, Michigan, US

My cousin is a plastic surgeon who is a partner in his practice.  I got my implants at cost.  :p  He is a fantastic surgeon, and I couldn't be happier with my results.

When you are comparing surgeons, you are not comparing apples to apples.  Therefore, cost should NOT be the only thing you take into consideration.  If you are working within a limited budget (Who isn't these days?) hire the best surgeon you can afford.  Breast augmentations are very common, but it is not a surgery that should be taken lightly.  There are many complications, and you really need to educate yourself and weigh the pros and cons. 

Also, the costs of a BA can vary greatly depending on the part of the country (or world) you are in.  A less expensive surgeon is not necessarily less experienced or less talented than a more expensive surgeon.  Supply and demand does come into play. 

In short, pay for the best that your money can buy.  However, if you have to go into debt to pay for your BA or if it will keep you from paying for the things you need, then you don't need your BA that bad.

Just my 2 cents.

Dec 05 11 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Watch this from YouTube   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty1VRkFYldc
------------------------------------------------------------------------
and -- implants (allegedly) made from mattress filling and manslaughter charges   

The ongoing PIP implant scandal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … arges.html

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/30/article-0-0F4D5D6D00000578-210_306x441.jpgRita De Martino from Venezuela poses with her removed defective silicone gel breast implants

The implant factory.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/30/article-0-0F482FD900000578-555_634x420.jpgClosed: The locked entrance of French company Poly Implant Prothese near Toulon

Dec 31 11 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

A model sent me New Years greetings today and attached photos of her new boobs.   smile

Dec 31 11 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

WMcK

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

terrysphotocountry wrote:
Hire a top notch photo editor! Its cheper! smile`

And safer. You won't get cheap toxic industrial quality French silicone!

Jan 03 12 05:38 am Link