Forums > Model Colloquy > Safety at Home Studios?

Model

Melinda Moxie

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Exactly! I feel way safe in someone's home studio, I either bring an llama herder or if he doesn't like them in his home (which is understandable), I just let him know I'm giving a trusted friend his address and will be taking a break every hour to call and check in with them and see how he reacts. I would think a rapist wouldn't want to anyone to know where he lived or try anything with the knowledge that someone knew where his victim was. I actually feel more at risk when I'm shooting in an isolated outdoor area where it's hard to explain to a friend exactly where I'm at especially when we're moving around to different areas. I wouldn't worry about it you can just provide references up front smile

Apr 12 12 03:37 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Minnieminda wrote:
Exactly! I feel way safe in someone's home studio, I either bring an llama herder or if he doesn't like them in his home (which is understandable), I just let him know I'm giving a trusted friend his address and will be taking a break every hour to call and check in with them and see how he reacts. I would think a rapist wouldn't want to anyone to know where he lived or try anything with the knowledge that someone knew where his victim was. I actually feel more at risk when I'm shooting in an isolated outdoor area where it's hard to explain to a friend exactly where I'm at especially when we're moving around to different areas. I wouldn't worry about it you can just provide references up front smile

How are people supposed to generate panic with this sort of calm logic showing up.

Oh, and as far as the "isolated locations," from what I understand, you can have a friend monitor your cell phone GPS.

Apr 12 12 03:44 am Link

Model

Melinda Moxie

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

That is a good idea! Thanks! Yeah safety first definitely but being paranoid is annoying. Before what was to be my first nude photoshoot I was annoying. I asked him a million suspicious questions then would feel better after talking to him then feel afraid later and ask more questions, for more references, ect. Then ask him how I knew he wasn't posting nude photos anywhere without my permission, etc. He ended up canceling. At first I figured it was because my fears were confirmed now I think maybe I was the wierdo lol!! If you take basic precautions all that drama can be avoided

Apr 12 12 03:56 am Link