Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > ... on watching Breaking Bad

Photographer

C h a r l e s D

Los Angeles, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Do we have to watch what we say in this thread for those who are not caught up?
Too bad because I'm curious when specifically you noticed Jesse's guilt trip.

No.  Certainly not.  Don't come in here if you haven't seen it and don't want to read spoilers.

Aug 26 13 06:57 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Walt certainly owned that guy's ass!

Aug 26 13 07:39 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Ben Hinman wrote:
everyone said how amazing this show was but i got bored and stopped watching around the end of the 2nd season. i really don't see why this is peoples favorite show of all time. granted its a pretty decent show and i like how their characters are realistic and unidealized, but i can't see it making my top ten.

Season 3 things started to get really really good and Season 4 is one of the best seasons of television ever. If you pick it up again you'll understand.

Aug 26 13 09:54 am Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

He has Hank between a rock and a hard place for sure.

Cant figure out why Todd made that call to Walt, is he out or not?

Why the fuck didn't Saul just play dumb when Jessie came back?

Aug 26 13 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

ahhhh that was an awesome ep! walt was smart with the dvd. he's won smile

whats up with todd cooking with those guys now?

Aug 26 13 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Allen Carbon wrote:
Not trying to be passive aggressive, but your knowledge of laundering money and drug dealing is based on what?

I've done a lot of work on items related to taxes. What you put on your taxes is confidential. The IRS will not tell anyone. For your source of income, just list "illegal activities" or "drug dealer". The IRS doesn't care. But if you DON'T pay them, you'll go to jail if you are caught.  Remember John Dillinger, Public Enemy #1? He didn't go to jail for murder or assault or anything like that. He went to jail for tax evasion.

As for drug dealing, it's pretty common knowledge that the "labs" are disappearing in favor the Shake and Bake. It's a lot easier and more mobile.

Aug 26 13 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:
I have to lol @ the original post for somebody pulling apart a montage like that.

ArtisticPhotography wrote:
Start with the overseas sales.  That's just stupid.  In the US, finding the ingredients is hard.  Oversees, in a second-world country, it is bound to be easier.

Also, you are transporting the stuff.  That's dangerous.  It would be infinitely easier for him to go there and make the stuff.  Then he has significantly cut his risk of being caught.

Yeah, but he wants control of his product and doesn't want to leave his area...so no go.

Speaking of being caught, flying the stuff is asinine.  First off, you're putting the stuff through the highest level of security.  Containerize it and sending it by boat is much less risky.  Also, sending big quantities of liquids by plane is expensive.  It would make people ask questions.  What chemical would a US company be shipping to Europe by plane?

Lydia is smoothing out everything, and they are piggybacking their shipping of Madrigal so I'm not sure what the problem is. 

If he was the perfect criminal that would make the show pretty boring until there was some tension. She could still declare the money on taxes but opening up the operation to inspection probably isn't a high priority on Skyler's "to do" list.

Skyler would should know that the risk of not paying taxes is huge. She might as well declare it and throw it into an IRA.

As for shipping, containers have some searching and detection. Not a lot, but some. It would be too risky or current drug dealers would use it. The fact he doesn't want to leave the area is just laziness.

Aug 26 13 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Jirrupin wrote:

What do you suppose the whole car wash thing is for??? You have to declare WHERE your income came from, you can't just tell the IRS you made three million cash this year from undisclosed sources feel free to tax some tax out of that.

She simply has too much to pass it off as revenue from the car wash now, (the IRS  will be a little suspicious if some backwoods car wash is turning 3 mill profit) so to launder it effectively they'd need to buy some more cash style businesses, the laser tag place etc.

You are right. You have to tell the IRS where the money came from. However, "illegal activities" or "drug dealing" is sufficient. The only drawback is that you can't deduct your expenses on illegal activity. In fact, the fact that that rule is in place (you used to be able to) shows the government expects you do declare illegal income.

Aug 26 13 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

I've done a lot of work on items related to taxes. What you put on your taxes is confidential. The IRS will not tell anyone. For your source of income, just list "illegal activities" or "drug dealer". The IRS doesn't care. But if you DON'T pay them, you'll go to jail if you are caught.  Remember John Dillinger, Public Enemy #1? He didn't go to jail for murder or assault or anything like that. He went to jail for tax evasion.

As for drug dealing, it's pretty common knowledge that the "labs" are disappearing in favor the Shake and Bake. It's a lot easier and more mobile.

Dillinger was shot and killed outside of a theater somewhere.

Al Capone was sent to prison for tax evasion.

Aug 26 13 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

Speaking of being caught, flying the stuff is asinine.  First off, you're putting the stuff through the highest level of security.  Containerize it and sending it by boat is much less risky.  Also, sending big quantities of liquids by plane is expensive.  It would make people ask questions.  What chemical would a US company be shipping to Europe by plane?

Actually flying the stuff DHL or FedEx IS the way to go. Very little security for cargo planes and because the items are urgent, there is no time for inspection upon arrival. No they won't ask any questions, they will happy accept your money.

Aug 26 13 06:17 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Wtf is "the shake and bake"?

Aug 26 13 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMahrNxX0ug

Aug 26 13 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

Hank and Marie Watch The Video Music Award

http://youtu.be/8UUD3zyu7Ek

Walt gives Hank the Wrong CD
http://youtu.be/_mVq_4BA5DQ

Aug 28 13 09:38 am Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dream-foto wrote:
Walt gives Hank the Wrong CD
http://youtu.be/_mVq_4BA5DQ

I had seen the other one, but not this one, and I am cracking up! Thanks for posting it!!!

Aug 28 13 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Koryn Locke wrote:

Badger even mentioned it way back when him and Jesse were gonna cook together.
My stepmom thinks thats why all the bleach containers of a certain size are sold out so quickly at a certain box store in her area.

Aug 29 13 05:29 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

There was a story floating around about a car sitting at an intersection, running. When police were called to investigate, the found the ( meth head? ) driver, dead at the wheel.

Apparently he tried to "shake and bake" while driving, with a GLASS bottle as the mixing vessel.

BOOM! Dead...

Of course it could be urban legend, but if it happened, I'll bet it happened in Florida!...lol

Aug 29 13 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

oh that.  the one with the bottle and batteries or something.  that sounds pretty safe!

Aug 29 13 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

I think the stars are aligning for Walter Jr's demise next episode.
It could be Hank or Gomez too.

Sep 01 13 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Damn good episode. Skyler's breaking bad, and Jessie turned bitch.

Sep 01 13 08:20 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:
I think the stars are aligning for Walter Jr's demise next episode.
It could be Hank or Gomez too.

Did the actor that plays Walt Jr. slip in an interview and say he's going to be in a witness protection program?

Sep 02 13 12:46 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Kevin Fair wrote:
Damn good episode. Skyler's breaking bad, and Jessie turned bitch.

Jesse always was a "wounded puppy" as Cranston notes.

It's that same guy who always needs bailing out, jumps from one thing to another... always needs a real understanding woman to 'make things right'.

I feel bad for him, I do.
It's tragic to watch.

He did it to himself.

Hank has no emotional connection to Jesse so he doesn't care if he dies. Walt may care but he lies to his own wife. I highly doubt he gives two shits about anything.

I sum up Walt by his need to build an empire at all costs. Pretty lame you f'ed up that Grey Matter deal in college for 5Gs.

Walt is the bitch.
He can't even throw a punch.

Sep 02 13 12:49 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Sep 02 13 02:26 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

joeyk wrote:

'should call it
Bad Break Mountain

lol

Sep 02 13 02:35 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jules NYC wrote:

Did the actor that plays Walt Jr. slip in an interview and say he's going to be in a witness protection program?

Nope, just speculation. Episode 5 last season was when motorbike kid died.
Walt having that huge gun makes sense for him to go after Todd and his Uncle or the Cops, and I think its more likely Todd and his Uncle.

Walt Jr is oblivious to the situation and I think Todd and his Uncle might be sloppy and get people that are around Jesse instead of actually getting Jesse. Plus it would explain why Skyler and Walt Jr aren't around in the flash forwards.

Sep 02 13 05:37 am Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

On the Talking Bad show the host asked him something and he said...I'm dead there is no more Walt Jr.

Sep 02 13 05:41 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Kevin Fair wrote:

On the Talking Bad show the host asked him something and he said...I'm dead there is no more Walt Jr.

I think it was Talking Bad but he just mentioned the witness protection program.

Sep 02 13 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I thought that he was making the joke that Walt goes into witness protection and goes on Malcolm in the Middle.

However I should watch it again, maybe he said something different.

Sep 02 13 09:20 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Dream-foto wrote:
I thought that he was making the joke that Walt goes into witness protection and goes on Malcolm in the Middle.

However I should watch it again, maybe he said something different.

Hummm
My eyes and ears were focused during the show, then after I was I onto something else so who knows ha.

I do remember the Malcom joke.

Sep 02 13 09:25 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Aug 16 13 09:46 pm

3068875 wrote:
I love the idea floating around the internet that Walter White should go into the witness protection program at the end of Breaking Bad, and then be set up in his new life as the father in Malcolm in the Middle.

Came up on page 2 of this thread

Sep 02 13 10:06 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
Aug 16 13 09:46 pm

Came up on page 2 of this thread

It was the actor that played Walt Jr. saying what he did on air.
First time I heard him say it; I don't watch Talking Bad.

Sep 02 13 10:08 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Jules NYC wrote:
It was the actor that played Walt Jr. saying what he did on air.
First time I heard him say it; I don't watch Talking Bad.

Yes. I saw it. It was the same joke that's been floating around for a while now, and that was posted two weeks ago on page 2 of this thread we are now in.

Sep 02 13 10:11 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
Yes. I saw it. It was the same joke that's been floating around for a while now, and that was posted two weeks ago on page 2 of this thread we are now in.

Thank you for those exact specifics.
An old joke.

Didn't read page 2 I'm driving and don't want to die.
smile

Sep 02 13 10:39 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

http://perezsolomon.com/2013/01/29/brea … le-theory/

It's loosely inspired, I'd say, by the ending of the Newhart series (1990) where in the finale, Bob wakes up in bed with his wife Suzanne Pleshette in the bedroom set from the old Bob Newhart Show and all of Newhart was a dream. At the time it was incredibly hilarious.

And that, I think, was loosely inspired by the infamous 9th season of Dallas (1987) being nothing more than a dream of Pam Ewing's.

Sep 02 13 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

so i think there are 4 more shows left.. jesse is going wild and can anybody stop him? what will walt do? well i guess we know now.

Sep 02 13 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Thank you for those exact specifics.
An old joke.

Didn't read page 2 I'm driving and don't want to die.
smile

Please don't drive and post, we

Sep 02 13 02:03 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
Please don't drive and post, we

Sep 02 13 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Aren't you sweet:)smile

Sep 02 13 02:27 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

If that does not deserve you in it, and a selfie, I don't know what does!!

Lol

Trying to shrink it first. Mediums are usually too big so I'm working in it.
tongue

Sep 02 13 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Lol

Trying to shrink it first. Mediums are usually too big so I'm working in it.
tongue

Okay, I can get behind that decision. wink

Sep 02 13 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

thats a nice shirt..

Sep 02 13 04:18 pm Link