Forums > Events > Hocking Hills Group Shoot May 12, 2018

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Leaving later than I had planned.  Packing the car in the rain sucks.

Should be there roughly 5:30-6:00.

May 11 18 10:32 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Smaller turnout, but was still a great time.  Thanks to Jim,Sharon and Jane again for a fabulous event.  Thanks Guy for the mesquite steaks, too.

May 13 18 06:19 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

A bts shot from the "rain" shoot. those with good charged batts got to shoot...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/830/41181828585_905ddf911f_z.jpgIMG_1160 by Steve  Cottrill, on Flickr

May 13 18 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Michael Lynch

Dayton, Ohio, US

Such a great weekend.  Thanks Jim and Sharon for having us again.  See you in October.

May 13 18 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

I want to thank everyone that came out for the shoot. We had a better turnout than expected. Everyone that came were really nice, professional and creative. There were some nice pictures taken and some new concepts tried. The rain set up under the back deck was interesting and the bonfire on Fri. night turned out nice.

Everyone that wanted to be busy was busy. Spaghetti dinner on Fri. night and Guy's mesquite steaks over a hickory fire on Sat. night were great.

Guy lost the clutch in his car just south of Columbus on Fri. night. I went and picked him up. Steve's brother in law bought Guy's car on sat. Jane sold Guy her car on Sun. Net working works.Everyone worked so well together. there was no drama and everything went very smooth.

We had male and female models, and many creative photographers. I am anxious to see some of the pictures posted.

I hope everyone had a great time and we see you in the fall. Second Sat. in Oct.

May 13 18 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Commercial Works Photo

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:
I want to thank everyone that came out for the shoot. We had a better turnout than expected. Everyone that came were really nice, professional and creative. There were some nice pictures taken and some new concepts tried. The rain set up under the back deck was interesting and the bonfire on Fri. night turned out nice.

Everyone that wanted to be busy was busy. Spaghetti dinner on Fri. night and Guy's mesquite steaks over a hickory fire on Sat. night were great.

Guy lost the clutch in his car just south of Columbus on Fri. night. I went and picked him up. Steve's brother in law bought Guy's car on sat. Jane sold Guy her car on Sun. Net working works.Everyone worked so well together. there was no drama and everything went very smooth.

We had male and female models, and many creative photographers. I am anxious to see some of the pictures posted.

I hope everyone had a great time and we see you in the fall. Second Sat. in Oct.

Thank you to Jim, Sharon, and Jane for another great weekend.  It was wonderful to see old friends and make some new ones.  Already looking forward to the fall shoot.  (Sorry, forgot which account I was on)   Positive Image Studio

May 16 18 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Commercial Works Photo wrote:

Thank you to Jim, Sharon, and Jane for another great weekend.  It was wonderful to see old friends and make some new ones.  Already looking forward to the fall shoot.  (Sorry, forgot which account I was on)   Positive Image Studio

PUT UP SOME PICTURES.

May 16 18 07:29 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

PUT UP SOME PICTURES.

I received some amazing images so far!!  Since I’m basic, though, it won’t let me post them, so my photographers will need to, if they’d like.  😊

May 17 18 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

All Yours Photography wrote:

MM isn't what it used to be.  You posted this over 10 hours ago and there are only 3 event posts above it, two of them were the same person posting in 2 different threads.

EDIT:  And now, 34 hours later there have been only 4 posts in any event thread.

Yeah..  I had got burnt out from all the spam from overseas last summer and ended up "deleting" my account.  When I came back to recreate, I was able to reactivate it.  I'm not a huge MM fan and my portfolio here is LONG out of date, but it is worth keeping account here if only for this event.

Also, WOW!  Looks like there was a huge bit of drama early on.  I know it is after the event but to chime in, I have only shot nudes/implied maybe 2 or 3 sessions at the Hocking Shoot out of the 30-40 sessions that I have shot there.  I mostly have shot country, casual fashion, or some type of costumed/cosplay theme.  A lot of the models who show up don't shoot nude.  I'm sure Jim and others already set the record straight but just in case people missed it, I wanted to weigh in as well to get rid of any misconceptions made by people who obviously didn't know what they were talking about or just trying to stir up trouble.  Anyone who has a chance to attend the Hocking Hills shoots hosted by Cascading Falls (Jim) definitely should try to make it out.

Sorry I missed it this time.   And now I'm back on MM so I could see all the photos...  Where are they?!?  :p

May 17 18 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Lynni C wrote:

I received some amazing images so far!!  Since I’m basic, though, it won’t let me post them, so my photographers will need to, if they’d like.  😊

If you upload your photos to Dropbox or any similar site so that you can link to them, you can then post them here in the thread.

May 17 18 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/829/41477571584_9146164725_b.jpgSteve  Cottrill, on Flickr[/img]

May 18 18 03:17 pm Link

May 19 18 01:47 am Link

Model

DLatrice

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

All Yours Photography wrote:
Here are a few shots from my shoot with Alicia.

No fair! Amazing locations!! I'm Jealous!

May 31 18 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

DLatrice wrote:

No fair! Amazing locations!! I'm Jealous!

You should have come. We missed you.

Jun 09 18 11:38 pm Link

Model

DLatrice

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

You should have come. We missed you.

I am no longer in Ohio. Moved to Texas a few months ago

Jul 04 18 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Neil Cowley

Peoria, Illinois, US