Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > BDSM fetish model check-in...

Model

Natalie Addams

Los Angeles, California, US

Stacey S wrote:

Apr 25 07 12:10 am Link

Model

Mercedes Monster

Harker Heights, Texas, US

with girls I am/was the dom
with my husband i'm the sub
and i make rubber clothing so way big into the latex stuff

Apr 25 07 12:10 am Link

Model

Mercedes Monster

Harker Heights, Texas, US

Natalie Addams wrote:
I WOULD HAVE STACEY!!  big_smile

Natalie
next time i'm in CA we should get together for a beer
(i'm not doing girls right now so just a beer)

Apr 25 07 12:11 am Link

Model

Foxy Tigress

Southfield, Michigan, US

when i started modeling, all i had to model in was vinyl and spiked collars and such.... so i made do.... and my boy-toy-friend's beginning wardrobe consisted of vinyl pants and a fishnet shirt.   so i guess it works out.... haha

VERY dom... w/ sub boy-toy-friend.... 0smile

Foxy

Apr 25 07 12:22 am Link

Model

Foxy Tigress

Southfield, Michigan, US

my avatar is from one of my first shoots.... lol   go figure...

Apr 25 07 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Mr Anthony wrote:
I'm not terribly concerned whether the model understands the lifestyle; I'd rather make sure they can deliver the "look" I want in the photo.  If they can sell the emotion or the feeling when posing, I couldn't care less if they were perfectly vanilla in real life.
Mr. Anthony

Except that most of the people who think they can "sell the emotion" can't.  It looks superficial, because it is.

When it's real, there are depths of emotion far beyond what a vanilla model can fake.  Better yet, when both the photographer and the model are real, it's possible to convey things beyond words.  I don't expect anyone who hasn't been there to fully understand; but even a lot of lifestylers, even a lot of pros, haven't learned to push those boundaries.  When that deep connection happens, people look at the images and can almost feel the energy.  Those who have been there know what I mean.

Apr 25 07 12:24 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

A Vaughn wrote:
I want to do more fetish, bondage, and SM shoots...I'm just having a hell of a time finding photographers. Hooray for living in the Bible Belt, I suppose...oh well, FetishCon is coming.

And I should see you before then, hopefully  smile

Apr 25 07 12:27 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Lifestyle Images wrote:
Selina,

I'm not a model, but am a member of, and supporter of several "alternative" lifestyles.  Our collective also includes two other MMers who are beginning a movment to shoot models such as yourself, who authentically live the livestyles they portray in their images.

We will be at FetishCon in Tampa in August, and I would be happy to shoot with you.

Brad

As half of the "We" mentioned, see you all at FetCon, if not somewhere sooner  smile

Apr 25 07 12:28 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Lost Coast Photo wrote:
Except that most of the people who think they can "sell the emotion" can't.  It looks superficial, because it is.

When it's real, there are depths of emotion far beyond what a vanilla model can fake.  Better yet, when both the photographer and the model are real, it's possible to convey things beyond words.  I don't expect anyone who hasn't been there to fully understand; but even a lot of lifestylers, even a lot of pros, haven't learned to push those boundaries.  When that deep connection happens, people look at the images and can almost feel the energy.  Those who have been there know what I mean.

That's why part of the mission with Lifestyle Images is (at least in the work for the site) to only shoot people who live out the lifestyles portrayed.
We're not going to pose some dude as a gay leatherman if he really isn't, or a bunch of women as a poly "family" if they're not.
It'll be fun to see what happens when we strive to maintain a genuine quality.

Apr 25 07 12:30 am Link

Model

sofija

Boston, Massachusetts, US

h i s wrote:
I know the OP tried her best .......... BUT.

BDSM fetish model???? Oh pleasssse...
I've barely been a member here for an entire month and still am not surprised that this subject has presented itself yet again.... already.  It's the most overrated and over done 'trend' on MM... and far too often, portrayed poorly at best, by far too many.

Regardless,
The thread title isn't for me, for starters. BDSM and fetish overlap for some.... but NOT for all. Not all embrace both by default.
For example, ... The topic is directed at subs and dommes...... and I'm not a submissive woman. I do not submit to anyone. And there is only one Man whom I obey. Those who know better, understand that there is a difference between the two. Point is, not all bottoms are subs and not all tops identify as dommes.
And for me, in our relationship.... He is not merely a dominant Man. He's SO much more than just that. Titles LIMIT. Our roles much like our imaginations and how we choose to live our lives are limitless.

To the point: He and i don't do titles.

Neither do we limit ourselves to fitting any one chategory or another.
When need be, for the sake of assisting others in understanding better who He and I are to each other, we sometimes compromise by offering the explaination of "Master and slave" and/or "Owner and property". I'm his (aka anything and everything He chooses)... to keep it simple. To say I am anything else to Him would only limit who and what I am.
We are not BDSM or fetish .....or Lord or Sir this or that.
BDSM and fetish are nothing more or less broad and vague descriptions for certain activities and indulgences of which we often participate.

Most importantly, I am not a model who has, on a whim, decided to include bondage on the menu.
I am a person who is very experienced in her day to day life ;)as the subject of bondage (to include but not limited to: disapline, obedience, and Sadism/masochism) who has decided to model. BIG difference there.
I am an absolute consensual slave ... to be exact. This should not be interpreted as something I 'play at' or limit to some pretend image I play while in the clubs, local scene or on the weekends. It's not just what I do to add spice and variety to my life. It's WHO i AM. wink

Nope, i'm not a BDSM fetish model.
I'm a woman who is owned, and who is often the subject of fetish acts and BDSM activities....... who happens to model, besides.
wink

Titles... ick, blech.... yuck. Someone needs thier mouth washed out with soap (or thier fingers .. *shrugs*). tongue

lick my boots.

Apr 25 07 12:32 am Link

Model

Nikki Kruex

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

h i s wrote:

I'm usually pretty clear with my posts.  I don't suffer emotional surges over forum topics. Life is to serious to take so seriously. tongue No one is telling you how you should believe or behave or use or not use labels. My post is simple an expression of how *I* identify with BDSM and fetish "activities". It's not a black and white subject nor is it one dimentional. There are many who participate in BDSM and fetishes who share the same views. My post offers a glimpse of a different perspective regarding the subject. You have misinterpreted, and assumed far too much regarding my post. smile

It makes little sense to state that you didn't 'care' and then take the time to write such a long winded reply.
It makes about as much sense as allowing yourself to be offended, and go on to flame another, because you *think* you've been flamed.  Just as one person is free to express an opinion, anyone else is free to post one which may oppose that opinion.  If a person knows that interacting with those of differing opinions causes them to feel so much anger, frustration and/or hate, rather than over reacting with charges of flaming, perhaps they may need to reconcider participating on public forums until they can get a handle on thier emotions??

I won't do the teeny-bopper ganster talk crap, or what you refer to as  'the hate'.
You could take your own advice on this point: If you don't get it, don't agree or don't like it.... likewise, YOU can skip over the post. I'll make it a point to skip over you and your's, if we must. smile

Based on your rant, I'm going to assume that you can't help it, and focus on the good, being that, one day you will most likely outgrow it.

Plainly put, here's the short version: Pot. Kettle. Black.
Peace. smile

So..... will there be a reasonable point to this tripe?
Because, unless I should be expecting a pop quiz on the "Dangers of pretentious behavior" I should warn you, you're **yawning** me into suicidal appreciation.

Apr 25 07 03:16 am Link

Model

Stacey S

Long Beach, California, US

Natalie Addams wrote:

I WOULD HAVE STACEY!!  big_smile

hehhe wink

Apr 25 07 03:20 am Link

Model

Sugar Moore

FINLAND, Minnesota, US

Yay, great thread.
I'm primarily a sub, but love to switch sometimes.

Apr 25 07 03:44 am Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Cyndiemyst wrote:

Its not related....not at all
Gothy kids think they know fetish and think one has something to do with the other...but no...it does not.
Goth is a music fashion...BDSM is a lifestyle...

I'm talking about fetish in general. You are talking about BDSM, specifically.

In general, there are lots of fetishes and many people who enjoy them. Some people with fetishes are goths.

BDSM is a specific fetish, and because buckles and pretend bondage straps have been packaged up for sale to impressionable pre-teens, popular culture tends to associate it with goth, especially when the subject under discussion is alternative modeling.

Some goths are into BDSM. Some SM'ers wish that all goths would catch AIDS off each other and die painfully, never to return. Regardless, both of these subcultures are considered lifestyles by some people, and for a percentage of the population they do have something to do with each other.

Apr 25 07 06:56 am Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

SLE Photography wrote:

And I should see you before then, hopefully  smile

Yes, sir! Should be lots of fun! wink

Apr 25 07 07:01 am Link

Model

kumi

San Francisco, California, US

i can completely understand part of H I S 's ranting.

i am NOT into the BDSM scene. nor am i really into BDSM.
many of my friends are (in public and private).
i work as a bondage model and performer because i happen to be good at it and i enjoy it as well, but my reasons are pretty different from other real-life players.

i am not a Sub though i get tied up.
in no way am i submissive.
when introduced to someone calling themselves 'mistress' this or 'master' that, it's sometimes quite difficult for me not to laugh, especially if they have already assumed that i am in the 'lifestyle' because of my fetish or bondage work.

i do work for bdsm sites. i do poke people with needles. i can beat them and think of wonderful ways of causing them pain, but i'm not into it if they actually do want to be hurt. i am not safe, sane, etc. i prefer to injure rather than to hurt. And mental damage goes deeper. i don't play with others nicely, so usually, i just don't play.

i could be considered a rope-bottom.

i am a fetishist.
and i do consider fetishism to be an entirely separate area of sexuality from BDSM.

blah blah blah blah blah

Apr 25 07 07:23 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

im so wanting to get into this market...
anyone in south florida or coming to south florida hit me up.

Apr 25 07 07:39 am Link

Model

kumi

Lost Coast Photo wrote:

it depends on what type of message the image is trying to convey. if the photographer is going for more of a fetish-lifestyle feel, sure an actual practitioner might be better to use as a model. but if you're talking about selling a product, very few of them actually KNOW how to pose in order to sell a product. it's about marketing a look and a style.

Having an alternative model pose in an image that is primarily used as an advert to sell more clothes doesn't always work out. for example, if you're a high-end latex clothing manufacturer, you're not going to buy expensive full page ads featuring an extremely alternative looking model. the people that BUY expensive latex couture usually don't look very alternative. most have normal mainstream jobs and careers and they would more likely relate to seeing something similar in an ad rather than the new make up and piercing trends being featured at the local club.

fetish is a bit different,  but it's still a business. the demand of fetish models (in regards to fetish gear/clothing) could never sustain the industry. it's about those private individuals that have the money and can afford to buy the toys. and being able to have a business thrive as well as survive is a difficult chore when so many believe that images should be done for 'art'  -  ie. for free.

Apr 25 07 07:42 am Link

Model

Tygress

Lawrence, Massachusetts, US

Hi there. I'm a mostly dominant Switch. I tend to be very dominant with men, but will let one top me on occasion just for fun if he has impressive skills.

I have no desire to be collared by a man. Women may be a possibility, but i havent really had a chance to explore that yet.

Even when i'm in "Sub mode" i'm really not, so anyone who cant handle a challenge should stay far away from me or risk being scratched & bitten. Yup, i live up to my name! lol big_smile

Apr 25 07 08:41 am Link

Model

Cyndiemyst

Newark, New Jersey, US

Lost Coast Photo wrote:

EXACTLY!

Apr 25 07 08:44 am Link

Model

Cyndiemyst

Newark, New Jersey, US

A Vaughn wrote:

I'm talking about fetish in general. You are talking about BDSM, specifically.

In general, there are lots of fetishes and many people who enjoy them. Some people with fetishes are goths.

BDSM is a specific fetish, and because buckles and pretend bondage straps have been packaged up for sale to impressionable pre-teens, popular culture tends to associate it with goth, especially when the subject under discussion is alternative modeling.

Some goths are into BDSM. Some SM'ers wish that all goths would catch AIDS off each other and die painfully, never to return. Regardless, both of these subcultures are considered lifestyles by some people, and for a percentage of the population they do have something to do with each other.

Fetish comes in all diff shapes and sizes...eh...picking your nose can be a fetish...
I posted my response becuase this post said BDSM .....

Apr 25 07 08:46 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Langley, British Columbia, Canada

Sanctus wrote:
OOOhh I'm in lust baby.

I've just popped my bondage cherry.... and much like a good lay, I want more.  Great Thread!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/MoDly/naked.jpg

A bit of bondage tape on your boobs doesn't make it a bondage shoot though, lol!
Bondage is an art..

Apr 25 07 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey McAlister

kumi wrote:

it depends on what type of message the image is trying to convey. if the photographer is going for more of a fetish-lifestyle feel, sure an actual practitioner might be better to use as a model. but if you're talking about selling a product, very few of them actually KNOW how to pose in order to sell a product. it's about marketing a look and a style.

Having an alternative model pose in an image that is primarily used as an advert to sell more clothes doesn't always work out. for example, if you're a high-end latex clothing manufacturer, you're not going to buy expensive full page ads featuring an extremely alternative looking model. the people that BUY expensive latex couture usually don't look very alternative. most have normal mainstream jobs and careers and they would more likely relate to seeing something similar in an ad rather than the new make up and piercing trends being featured at the local club.

fetish is a bit different,  but it's still a business. the demand of fetish models (in regards to fetish gear/clothing) could never sustain the industry. it's about those private individuals that have the money and can afford to buy the toys. and being able to have a business thrive as well as survive is a difficult chore when so many believe that images should be done for 'art'  -  ie. for free.

Kumi makes an excellent point, and while we're at it I suspect she has the credentials to make any point she wants. This is a modeling forum. Lifestyle or not, when the effort is about making excellent imagery, you have to decide what you're shooting and why. I've worked with amateur models who showed me real feeling and the artist in me got work I will cherish forever. I've worked with pros who were no doubt acting, and also been completely happy with my images.
What I know is this... Kumi could sell sand to an Arab and have him begging to buy more. Listen to the woman.

Apr 25 07 08:53 am Link

Model

Candy Poses

Seattle, Washington, US

I enjoy doing bondage and light fetish work, but I find that it's essential at most times to keep any sexual content in my work with photographers seperate from my personal sex life.

Apr 25 07 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey McAlister

Kerosene wrote:

A bit of bondage tape on your boobs doesn't make it a bondage shoot though, lol!
Bondage is an art..

lol.... but hey, you can't see the rope running  from her asshole to her ponytail....
FUCKING EASE UP GUYS.

Apr 25 07 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey McAlister

Kerosene wrote:
Bondage is an art..

lol.... but hey, you can't see the rope running  from her asshole to her ponytail....
FUCKING EASE UP GUYS.

Apr 25 07 08:55 am Link

Model

Candy Poses

Seattle, Washington, US

Restrained Photo wrote:
I'm ancient... I still call myself a B&D Top.

And, yes, I'll be at FetishCON. Drop by the Restrained PHOTO booth and I'll get you to tie up one of the models.

Restrained Photo...kinky?  Who would have thought?

Apr 25 07 08:57 am Link

Model

Tygress

Lawrence, Massachusetts, US

Jeffrey McAlister wrote:
FUCKING EASE UP GUYS.

She has a photo of herself tied to a chair also. That would've been a better example.

Apr 25 07 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

Well, as one model put it to me: "Bondage IS sex."

I'm primarily a reporter/interpreter of bondage/fetish folks. Of all kinds. I can see both Kumi's point of view and Lost's. Some people just convey emotions better than others. Capturing the response of a person being tied up for the first time is just as interesting in its way as photographing the expressions of somebody who's a veteran of "sub space."

Maybe the fact that I try not to pigeonhole people helps. There's an amazing spectrum of behaviors and kinks that people have. I just try to put them in a position where they're comfortable doing what they do.

Apr 25 07 09:05 am Link

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

I consider myself a switch, though for photoshoots, I tend to be a sub.  I enjoy it very much, yet at the same time, I try not to mix my personal life with the shoots too much.

Apr 25 07 09:05 am Link

Model

Jade Malice

Brooklyn, New York, US

Domme... and I will be at FetishCon.  I am also with a performance troupe called Fatal Fetish in Orlando.

Apr 25 07 09:07 am Link

Model

Anna Rose

Traunstein, Bavaria, Germany

Im submissive but can also take control when needed. I will be at Bound Con in Munich this May. Anyone else going to be there please meet me on Saturday in the afternoon at Bound Con and in the night time at Kitty Cat Club in Munich. It is always wonderful to meet people into what i am into.

Apr 25 07 09:19 am Link

Model

kumi

Anna Rose wrote:
Im submissive but can also take control when needed. I will be at Bound Con in Munich this May. Anyone else going to be there please meet me on Saturday in the afternoon at Bound Con and in the night time at Kitty Cat Club in Munich. It is always wonderful to meet people into what i am into.

GRRR !
and i will be in london for the TG bday weekend
why did they schedule it at the same time!
shit shit

sorry i didnt get up to NL to visit this time 'round!

ps, thanks for that help in vienna - though in afterthought, i really didnt need HELP did i?
oh, dear, trapped over night in a latex studio with bed, kitchen, food, shower, and all the latex i could want...

Apr 25 07 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

I just want to say I love kinky people, and can't wait to start shooting fetish stuff.

Apr 25 07 10:19 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Kerosene wrote:
]
Bondage is an art..

Yeah, but since a shot from that set where she's actually BOUND would be 18+ she couldn't post it in the thread  smile

Apr 25 07 10:34 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Tygress wrote:
She has a photo of herself tied to a chair also. That would've been a better example.

See above comment, that couldn't be posted here smile

Apr 25 07 10:35 am Link

Photographer

GAETANO CATELLI STUDIOS

Oxford, Mississippi, US

Frog516 wrote:
I just want to say I love kinky people, and can't wait to start shooting fetish stuff.

you already do wink

Apr 25 07 10:36 am Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

wink

Apr 25 07 10:38 am Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

I hate it when people put rules and boundaries where there aren't any.

Everyone has their kinks, fetishes, mindsets ... being into kink is like being Pagan or Vegetarian/Vegan ... the rules are, there are no rules.  No one is an absolute expert although John Warren and a few others seem to understand it a bit more and choose to share their wealth of knowledge.

No matter if you're goth, vanilla, gay/lesbian, black/white/asian/latin/native american, Dom/sub .. you can have your fetishes, kinks, unusual things that turn you on, fantasies of any type .. you can be into Furries, bondage, vinyl ... there really are no boundaries. 

So everyone off their high horses, already. That's most of the problem in today's society ... we're of such a competitive controlling "can't stand to be wrong" nature that it's damned near impossible to get anything accomplished.

Do what you do, enjoy it ... keep your eyes on your own plate, and quit whinin' if the person next to you got more kool-aid.

The OP just wanted everyone who is into a BDSM, fetish, alt lifestyle to check in ... the initial responder flipped out on her because she didn't put slashes or commas or something in between the alleged boundaries. 

Good Grief.
N.

Apr 25 07 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Carl J Speed II

San Antonio, Texas, US

Selina Kyle wrote:
Never seen this thread before, so if it DOES exist, oh well. Just curious to get a head count of fellow Dommes and our loyal subs. I'll be nice and give a warning: No flaming please, this is NOT a debate thread. I'll start off by being the first. I'm a lifestyle domme and femdom activist/fanatic and participant (known in the BDSM world as Mistress Selina Kyle). Please feel free to post below big_smile

The conundrum with "dominatrix models".....
Get a "session" or get a "photo session" ?
Doing both seems kind of weird.

Apr 25 07 11:02 am Link