Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Ex Police declares war to LAPD one KIlled so far.

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Instinct Images wrote:

Yes they could have sat around waiting for Dorner to starve to death I suppose. Personally I don't think people that have killed several people and vowed to fight to the death deserve any restraint. The police needed to eliminate the threat as quickly as possible.

Going back to your previous post.

I doubt he was heavily armed. He had crashed one car before bailing and jacking another one with LEO in pursuit. He was running scared and it's unlikely that he had time to grab much of anything. The "supposed" thirty weapons that he had, IMO will turn out to be just another fabrication. I'll bet that he might have had one or two handguns and possibly a long gun. That's it.

Feb 13 13 07:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
Too bad that the residents didn't have any say over if they want their shit set on fire.

Oh they will get a state of the art home now. Plus they rented the place for a living so they will be compensated for that as well.

Feb 13 13 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Select Models wrote:
And ya wanna know who the poor sucker is that's gonna haveta shell out the millions of dollars to fix all that stuff?... LOOK IN THE MIRROR AMIGO!... roll

Not me. I left CA and have never looked back.

Feb 13 13 07:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Lohkee wrote:

Going back to your previous post.

I doubt he was heavily armed. He had crashed one car before bailing and jacking another one with LEO in pursuit. He was running scared and it's unlikely that he had time to grab much of anything. The "supposed" thirty weapons that he had, IMO will turn out to be just another fabrication. I'll bet that he might have had one or two handguns and possibly a long gun. That's it.

He had burned several guns in the personal vehicle. By the time he got to car #3 I doubt he had much left.

Feb 13 13 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

T wrote:

Oh they will get a state of the art home now. Plus they rented the place for a living so they will be compensated for that as well.

I'm sure that they will too. But it's still fucked up. I'd be like, "Hey! Hey! Hey!!. I want his ass out, but not by burning my shit down."

Feb 13 13 07:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Legacys 7 wrote:

I'm sure that they will too. But it's still fucked up. I'd be like, "Hey! Hey! Hey!!. I want his ass out, but not by burning my shit down."

I know right smile

Feb 13 13 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Lohkee wrote:

I think people (mainly the media) are giving this guy far too much credit. Yes, he had some training, but his plan (let's broadcast it to the world before we get started), assuming he had one that was remotely coherent, fell apart from the git-go. Aside from the ambush of two cops (and possibly the killing of the two kids), everything he did was totally reactive. He was not in control of the situation. At all! Hell, the guy didn't even manage to take out one single person (LAPD) that he actually had a beef with.

LAPD didn't do much better.

Feb 13 13 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

T wrote:

The sad part is that they would probably much rather have the house built in the 20's than some new state of the art home. People that love old houses, well, just love old houses.

Feb 13 13 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Lohkee wrote:
The sad part is that they would probably have the house built in the 20's than some new state of the art home. People that love old houses, well, just love old houses.

I think the lady that owned the house was saying it used to be a post office as well way back in the day.

Even though it was rented out it held sentimental value to her.

at least she didn't get shot in the ass by the LAPD.

Feb 13 13 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

The whole episode was tragic from the get go!  Starting with his mental condition, the fact that he obviously was not stable.   His being fired from LAPD, and having the means to inflict violence and death very easily with the weapons he owned legally. 

I don't know if he was unjustly fired or not, but that was no excuse.  There are many people let go for reasons they may feel are not justified, however, it's a small percentage that go on killing rampages.  We've had a few in the Bay Area of California.

Feb 13 13 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

T wrote:

He had burned several guns in the personal vehicle. By the time he got to car #3 I doubt he had much left.

He obviously had enough left to kill one deputy and seriously wound another. How many more did he need?

Feb 13 13 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Patchouli Nyx wrote:
I think the lady that owned the house was saying it used to be a post office as well way back in the day.

Even though it was rented out it held sentimental value to her.

at least she didn't get shot in the ass by the LAPD.

I heard the same thing. It really makes me very sad.

There is a place (I don't remember the name of) south of Little Sur on 1. IIRC the main house and surrounding cabins were built by a Dutchman who was a master wood worker out of lumber scavenged from old shipwrecks. There are no phones, no t.v.s, and the cabins don't even have locks on the doors.  What each room does have is a bookshelf full of journals going back many many years (apparently the owner got tired of people messing up his guest book and just started putting journals in each room - or so the story goes). Anyway, thousands of people over the years have filled thousands of pages with their most intimate thoughts, hopes, dreams, fears, etc. Stuff like this is simply irreplaceable and IMHO of great historical significance.

// threadjack over //

Feb 13 13 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Instinct Images wrote:

He obviously had enough left to kill one deputy and seriously wound another. How many more did he need?

I dunno. You are the one claiming automatic weapons (plural), not I.

Feb 13 13 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Lohkee wrote:
Cough*the rule of law*Cough. Summary executions by the police are not a **good** thing.

Michael Kerrek wrote:
Don't play ignorant. He fired on officers coming to arrest him. There is nothing "execution" about returning fire on someone who is shooting at you. If he walked out when the jig was up, and someone dropped him with a bullet to the head, we could have that conversation- but that's not what happened, so take a cough drop.

please don't make sense. it's not allowed in this thread.

he had ample opportunity to surrender. what were the cops supposed to do, offer him milk and cookies? he could have stayed there until he starved to death, and people would accuse the cops of killing him that way.

he knew exactly what he was doing, and the reactions he'd get by those whom felt he was justified.

HE SHOULD HAVE SURRENDERED!

let's not forget who was in that cabin. a guy hell bent on killing as many cops as he could. hell, they should have had cops out there taking bullets until he ran out of ammo.

Feb 13 13 08:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Instinct Images wrote:

Well at least he matched the description this time. It's apparent they intended to kill him days ago.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-F_Cl6UqY_ASddaBOO91DFG8CKsUOcpUaCvnO9lpJ8zlPpcKZ

Feb 13 13 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

T wrote:
Well at least he matched the description this time. It's apparent they intended to kill him days ago.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-F_Cl6UqY_ASddaBOO91DFG8CKsUOcpUaCvnO9lpJ8zlPpcKZ

i wonder how many people are even aware that shooting wasn't done by the lapd? i've had to correct many folks on my own.

in fact, the dreaded lapd wasn't ever involved in this case at all, other than having two officers fired on...in another city.

Feb 13 13 08:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

GK photo wrote:

i wonder how many people are even aware that shooting wasn't done by the lapd? i've had to correct many folks on my own.

in fact, the dreaded lapd wasn't ever involved in this case at all, other than having two officers fired on...in another city.

What difference does it make? This was effed up in any jurisdiction.

Feb 13 13 08:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

The media his gotten so much wrong.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/24333 … Speak-Out-

Are they the "maids"

Feb 13 13 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

T wrote:
What difference does it make? This was effed up in any jurisdiction.

of course it is, but i keep hearing people say it was the lapd, when it was torrance pd.

T wrote:

they really are becoming a disservice to the public. first, they got just about every aspect of sandy hook wrong, and now this.

they are an incompetent bunch. in their rush to scoop each other, they create a fertile ground for conspiracy nuts and wackos all over the place.

Feb 13 13 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

GK photo wrote:

Wrong, and wrong again (which might have just a little something to do with LAPD getting her a new truck and the city (of L.A.) getting their asses sued to hell and back).

Feb 13 13 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

T wrote:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/24333 … Speak-Out-

Are they the "maids"

um, this was NOT the visual of the "maids" I was expecting.

that dude in particular I'd not want to see in a french maid outfit.

Feb 13 13 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Lohkee wrote:
Wrong, and wrong again (which might have just a little something to do with LAPD getting her a new truck and the city (of L.A.) getting their asses sued to hell and back).

see, who can you trust? my bad...was mistaking that with the other shooting at a civilian.

Feb 13 13 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Feb 13 13 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

GK photo wrote:

oh, really?

then who shot up the truck with the ladies delivering newspapers?

Feb 13 13 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

GK photo wrote:

of course it is, but i keep hearing people say it was the lapd, when it was torrance pd.

2 sep shootings.

the women were shot by Lapd.

the other, driving while in a pickup truck, was torrance.

Feb 13 13 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

GK photo wrote:

see, who can you trust? my bad...was mistaking that with the other shooting at a civilian.

Chuckles.

Photographer

GK photo

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

oh, really?

then who shot up the truck with the ladies delivering newspapers?

i've already retracted.

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

I'm sitting here watching all these dozens of cop cars and SWAT trucks racing up to the scene of where Dorner is wholed up in the cabin... and I'm thinkin... hmmmmmm... does even one of these guys have a megaphone... to try and talk Dorner out of firing at and potentially killing lots of police officers? 

Guess they didn't huh!  Lets just torch these innocent peoples 5 bedroom cabin and silence this ex-cop before he gets a chance to tell HIS SIDE of the story... wink

Feb 13 13 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

Select Models wrote:
I'm sitting here watching all these dozens of cop cars and SWAT trucks racing up to the scene of where Dorner is wholed up in the cabin... and I'm thinkin... hmmmmmm... does even one of these guys have a megaphone... to try and talk Dorner out of firing at and potentially killing lots of police officers? 

Guess they didn't huh!  Lets just torch these innocent peoples 5 bedroom cabin and silence this ex-cop before he gets a chance to tell HIS SIDE of the story... wink

You mean his side of the story where he murdered 3 people in cold blood? You mean his side of the story where he tied up two women and stole their car? You mean his side of the story about carjacking a guy at gunpoint? His side of the story where he shot two deputies killing one?

Is that what you mean?

Feb 13 13 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Instinct Images wrote:
You mean his side of the story where he murdered 3 people in cold blood? You mean his side of the story where he tied up two women and stole their car? You mean his side of the story about carjacking a guy at gunpoint? His side of the story where he shot two deputies killing one?

Is that what you mean?

https://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/130213-mckay-5p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

You see this terrific police officer here... Jeremiah MacKay (married and father of two young children)... guess what?... he didn't have to die after exchanging gunfire with Christopher Dorner at that cabin location on Feb 12.  Could a tactful negotiator have talked Christopher Dorner out of the cabin before he shot this guy?... quite possibly.  Christopher Dorner wasn't a stupid guy... and listening to a skilled negotiator with the intelligence he possessed might have convinced him to drop his weapons and talk this over to a much more peaceful and less deadly conclusion... wink

Feb 13 13 09:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Instinct Images wrote:

Is that what you mean?

Hmmm, I thought we had a justice system to decide all that....like for Zimmerman who killed the unarmed teen. wink

Feb 13 13 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

if anyone cares (and you're on the west coast) tune into tnt in at 10:00 and watch 'southland'. i've been trying to get people to watch this show for four seasons now. it's one of the best tv shows you could ever want to see.

pardon the plug. i love it that much.

Feb 13 13 09:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

GK photo wrote:
if anyone cares (and you're on the west coast) tune into tnt in at 10:00 and watch 'southland'. i've been trying to get people to watch this show for four seasons now. it's one of the best tv shows you could ever want to see.

pardon the plug. i love it that much.

I;m going to bed but I will look for it on On DEmand Comcast

Feb 13 13 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Instinct Images wrote:

Is that what you mean?

This.

Dorner had the chance to tell the media his LAPD story before all of this started.  He din't, so what does that tell you?

Feb 13 13 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

Select Models wrote:

https://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/130213-mckay-5p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

You see this terrific police officer here... Jeremiah MacKay (married and father of two young children)... guess what?... he didn't have to die after exchanging gunfire with Christopher Dorner at that cabin location on Feb 12.  Could a tactful negotiator have talked Christopher Dorner out of the cabin before he shot this guy?... quite possibly.  Christopher Dorner wasn't a stupid guy... and listening to a skilled negotiator with the intelligence he possessed might have convinced him to drop his weapons and talk this over to a much more peaceful and less deadly conclusion... wink

You do realize those two deputies were shot right at the start of the stand off - right?

If Dorner wanted to surrender he could have done it any day while he was holed up in the cabin in Big Bear City.

Feb 13 13 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Instinct Images wrote:

You do realize those two deputies were shot right at the start of the stand off - right?

i don't think he does.

Feb 13 13 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

T wrote:

I;m going to bed but I will look for it on On DEmand Comcast

it's too bad none of the last seasons are available on rental. you should watch it. it's fricking fantastic.

Feb 13 13 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Instinct Images wrote:
If Dorner wanted to surrender he could have done it any day while he was holed up in the cabin in Big Bear City.

He was never in a position of despiration prior to the last cabin.  An intelligent person such as Dorner was, obviously surrounded and SERIOUSLY outnumbered by his potential captors, would have been MUCH MORE likely to consider some form of negotation with a mediator... rather than to die at the hands of those he took serious issue with... wink

Feb 13 13 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

netmodel

Austin, Texas, US

there's no time nor room for negiotation - I am glad he's dead meat.

And the former police officer who got hijacked is chasing the one million dollar reward even though he DID not report him. It just happened that cops were already following him.

It's amazing how idiotic people have gotten.

Feb 13 13 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

there will be no reward.

Feb 13 13 11:10 pm Link