Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Models who won't leave me the hell alone

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Jules NYC wrote:
It's just given that a woman that is attractive will automatically be a demanding bitch.

Smh

You pretty much insulted anyone that's half-ass attractive and you said it on a modeling site.

Ha

He said many not every.

I have photographed very attractive models who were not like this.

Sep 27 13 07:18 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

He said many not every.

I have photographed very attractive models who were not like this.

Many is still a strong statement.

Sep 27 13 07:28 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Miss Havisham Studios wrote:
Models: Why is it that some models don't respect or understand this?

I just chalk it up to them being super excited to get the pictures & not realizing how rude they're actually being.

If they've been stiffed out of pictures before, its going to make them extremely nervous about working with the next photographer or 10 under those same terms. Not saying what the models are doing is "right" or justifies their actions, it simply is what it is.

Miss Havisham Studios wrote:
Photographers: I'm sure this has happened to most of you and what ways have you found to best combat it?

I simply be polite but firm & stick to whatever deal y'all made prior to.

Though in reality, I politely remind them that each time I have to answer questions about what's the holdup is time spent not editing the pictures.

Another mechanicism I have is waiting the fully allotted time to deliver the pictures. I usually quote people to give me 30 days before they checkup to see how things are coming because sometimes I actually do need all 30 days while most times I turnaround withing 7-14 days. The more a person bugs me about the pictures (not to be confused with doing checkups), more likely I wait til the very last minute to deliver. Yes, it may be petty but its a pick your poison situation...get into a pissing contest or withhold the pictures til the amount of time you said. In fairness, I think I've only had to go that route maybe 4 or 5 times within the last 6 years.

Sep 27 13 07:30 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

Sounds lke your personal problems, you're jsutifying it with excuses?

Over book yourself, poor time management.. excuses.... not how professionals operate.

So I book a first class flight to Florida n when I get to the plane they tell me there is no room for me.... try again in a few days...... MY PROBLEM?

hahaha.... so get to work n  stop crying about anyone bothering you because you have bills n over booked, or editing backlogs!.. NOT THEIR PROBLEM!...  should have anticipated that when you made arangements for shoots!

Drop box the shoot n let the model know on a regular basis you are working on it.... appologize for "your" delays n not make her the problem.

You did expect the model to be on time didn't you?.. FLAKE!

EOL!

Sep 27 13 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

ClimaxArt wrote:
paying the model, even a modest fee, will take care of the problem.

Actually it won't.

I've had a model bitch when I emailed her that our of our shots was selected for the all-SUNY show a number of years ago. She complained at how terrible the shot was, how terrible I was, how terrible my professor & jurors who when they selected it. Even went on to bitch that she only took the hire job because she needed the money (as if that's my problem). She even went on to post terrible comments & tags on my profile trashing me. Got so bad I had to end up blocking her, go figure.

Sep 27 13 07:37 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

The F-Stop wrote:
Over book yourself, poor time management.. excuses.... not how professionals operate.

I'm questioning the professionalism.  One, because you can be good at your profession and have not so good people skills, poor time management and overbook yourself.  Another consideration is that part of being professional is having clear expectations in communication.

When the pictures will be delivered? 

If you shoot a bunch of models at the same time because it's convenient for you, awesome.  If you have NO idea how long it will take, then say exactly that but have a dead-drop time on the very latest.

In fairness to the OP, I could imagine a bunch of models all coming at you at once to give them what they want and NOW! would be very annoying in itself.  Thing is, the ownership of the annoyance is on you if you gave them no time frame to work with. 

If you did give them a time frame, shame on the models for pestering.

Time frames that are ambiguous or unmet are equally as annoying to a model.

Sep 27 13 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

StevieSteve wrote:
Many women, especially the very attractive ones have always gotten everything they wanted their whole lives by guys who let them walk over them.  These women are used to always getting their way.  Not sure why your so surprised that would expect you as well to bend over backwards for them by giving them the prints even though you told them it may be
awhile...

all_names_are_taken wrote:
Oh, please ply us with anecdotal evidence to support this claim.  I'm riveted.

I'll give you two instances: When I was a younger person, my sisters got away with whatever they wanted to do, including having boys at the house, in their bedroom with the door closed. I got yelled at for talking to a girl, any girl,  on the phone. When we'd go places to visit family, etc, my sisters used to go around knocking people out for as little as coloring a picture in their coloring book. I was the "mean one" because I'd tell them exactly how I felt about things. One of my sisters got caught with cigarettes, cutting class at school, cutting school altogether and many other things. I got grounded for more than 6 months (despite not getting in any trouble at all in school) when a girl tried to kick me in the cajones not once, but 3 times and I knocked her out.

In driving down the road, if a man gets pulled over, chances are great he's getting a ticket. Even if he wasn't doing anything "wrong", they'll find or invent something to give him a ticket. Women drive away with a warning, especially if they cry, unbutton a few extra buttons, are just decent looking or get pulled over by a male cop (most of them are). 

A lot of people complain about "women drivers" but men pay higher insurance premiums because men get far more traffic tickets than women do. Because of the more tickets, men are deemed to be more dangerous drivers. I'm not saying men are always better drivers than women, but we definitely do pay higher premiums.

And just for the record, my mother still gets bent out of shape when I "flirt" with a woman. She won't define what flirting is and won't say what is so terrible about it but she always has something to say whenever she sees me talking to a woman. It doesn't matter who she is or what we're talking about, either. One time, she got her foot stuck in her mouth when she found out the woman I was talking with is my cousin (she didn't recognize her from the back). She told me I should "stop flirting with that woman like that". I asked "flirting like what?" My cousin said "he's not flirting with me". LOL

Sep 27 13 07:55 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

^^^
Sounds like some dysfunction in your family, not a case for women and getting the shit they want because they are women or beautiful.

Sep 27 13 07:57 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I haven't had that problem with models, but I don't do TFP either.  However, a paying client where they are wanting and waiting for 400 images (Jewelry shoots! ugh!) is where I stepped into it.  Took "months" to get all of them done in post (Sizes, add stars, glitter, shadows, colors, etc.) and I made maybe 10 cents an hour on the damn gig.  Film was nice as I had only 12-36 shots and not a whole lot you can do in the darkroom once printed or let the film lab handle it.  Digital seems to kill me with 400-500 shots per shoot on a card and then playing with them all on the computer and printer later.  Gone are the days of five 4x5 film holders and 10 shots was a wrap.

However, I likely will send the model something later on for bragging rights (Mine or theirs.) and to the MUAH too for their port or curiosity, but since they were paid I don't have to - and I've put the "I've been compensated" clause in their release too.  I've sent things out "two years" later at times when I rework something with a new process.  I don't have to, but I might work again with them too.  Keeping it friendly, and some seem excited by it and post to their Facebook if they've retired.

Oddly, the "very busy" models are the ones who seem less demanding and don't get into the "I want to see my pictures" bit.  The higher-scale ones seem even less so and you almost have to force them to look at their photos.  Seems like they don't care, or are just too busy going from gig to gig to even think about it.  They probably have seen themselves 100,000 times already and know what they look like, or maybe even bored or too critical of their looks.  I know some actors don't care to see themselves in films too which seems odd.

Sep 27 13 08:11 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:
In driving down the road, if a man gets pulled over, chances are great he's getting a ticket. Even if he wasn't doing anything "wrong", they'll find or invent something to give him a ticket. Women drive away with a warning, especially if they cry, unbutton a few extra buttons, are just decent looking or get pulled over by a male cop (most of them are). 

A lot of people complain about "women drivers" but men pay higher insurance premiums because men get far more traffic tickets than women do. Because of the more tickets, men are deemed to be more dangerous drivers. I'm not saying men are always better drivers than women, but we definitely do pay higher premiums.

You sound like my whinny fiance. I DID get pulled over going 80 in the 55 that just so happened to be a construction zone (fines doubled). Also my licensed was suspended and I had a warrant out for my arrest. The state trooper looked at my DL, asked me why I was driving fast and I told HER (LADY COP OMG!!) I didn't realized the speed limit had changed. She handed me back my licensed and told me to go on my way.

I didn't cry, in fact I was pretty pissed that I got caught. I wasn't wearing anything to show boobs since I was wearing a baggy t-shirt with angry birds on it. So why did she let me go?

And guess what, I pay lower insurance than my fiance because he drives like an idiot. He had more accidents and tickets than I've ever had. He's a horrible driver so therefore he gets the tickets he deserves. Is it because he is male that he got a ticket for crashing his motorcycle into another biker? Is it because he lacks tits that he got a ticket for having expired tags AND a busted tail light? Maybe if he had acted homosexual he would've gotten away with it.

I was pulled over in Texas and asked to step out of the car and they searched my car looking for whatever they could find to take me to jail. Maybe I should have took my top off and said "Please MR OFFICER don't make me get out of the car." in the sexist girl voice I could come up with. Of course they didn't find anything but I still got a freaking ticket because I was driving the in Left Lane. Leave it to Texas to have messed up laws.

Sep 27 13 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Jules NYC wrote:
^^^
Sounds like some dysfunction in your family, not a case for women and getting the shit they want because they are women or beautiful.

I'll agree that my mother is or seems anti-men and my father was likely afraid of competition (or something similar so he always sided with my sisters) ... but that doesn't explain women getting fewer traffic tickets and thus paying lower insurance premiums.

Sep 27 13 08:16 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

I'll agree that my mother is or seems anti-men and my father was likely afraid of competition (or something similar so he always sided with my sisters) ... but that doesn't explain women getting fewer traffic tickets and thus paying lower insurance premiums.

Do women cops give warnings to beautiful men?
I would.

So

Sep 27 13 08:18 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

It could be that men actually are bad at driving...or we need better cops. You pick

Sep 27 13 08:19 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Danielle Reid wrote:

It could be that men actually are bad at driving...or we need better cops. You pick

A good cop would be fair to everyone equally.

Sep 27 13 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
You sound like my whinny fiance. I DID get pulled over going 80 in the 55 that just so happened to be a construction zone (fines doubled). Also my licensed was suspended and I had a warrant out for my arrest. The state trooper looked at my DL, asked me why I was driving fast and I told HER (LADY COP OMG!!) I didn't realized the speed limit had changed. She handed me back my licensed and told me to go on my way.

LOL You got pulled over for going more than 25 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone. You had a suspended license and a warrant for your arrest. You got off with a warning. I, on the other hand, was going less than the legal speed limit (despite being in a hurry), a good license with no points, no warrant for my arrest and not doing anything dangerous to anyone else ... and I get a ticket ... for of all things, not wearing my seat belt.

I don't know how you got away with driving with a suspended license AND a warrant ... but I know many guys who have been arrested, had their cars impounded and many other things for far fewer traffic violations (like not paying child support, only they had paid it far in advance).

Sep 27 13 08:24 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I did a TFP shoot that was a 3 day event for the photographer. The very first model was a no show so I stepped in and took their place. This was a film shoot, platinum processing, large format camera. We were all told it would take about a month for our pictures to be emailed to us and for no one to post them anywhere before everyone got them. I was OK with this even though as the first model I would be the last person getting mine because of the processing. The photographer emailed me that someone had posted their pics early and because of that no one was getting ANY more until everyone's had been done. Not only that but a couple had been bugging him about theirs because of the first model. Basically he spanked everyone because one model didn't follow the rules. There is always going to be someone that acts unprofessionally.

P.S. I do think you allowed maybe too many looks for each model. That sounds like way too much work.

Sep 27 13 08:24 am Link

Photographer

kevin bellanger

Albany, New York, US

ClimaxArt wrote:
paying the model, even a modest fee, will take care of the problem.

your speling is medsiup and i want my photos NOW DAMMIT

Sep 27 13 08:25 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Just repeat to them what was said in your initial e-mails.

Remind them that it has nothing to do with whether or not it is difficult.  This is YOUR workflow and that is how you operate.  They will receive the images in a manner that was discussed prior to the shoot.

Sep 27 13 08:26 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Danielle Reid wrote:

I didn't cry, in fact I was pretty pissed that I got caught. I wasn't wearing anything to show boobs since I was wearing a baggy t-shirt with angry birds on it. So why did she let me go?

And guess what, I pay lower insurance than my fiance because he drives like an idiot. He had more accidents and tickets than I've ever had. He's a horrible driver so therefore he gets the tickets he deserves. Is it because he is male that he got a ticket for crashing his motorcycle into another biker? Is it because he lacks tits that he got a ticket for having expired tags AND a busted tail light? Maybe if he had acted homosexual he would've gotten away with it.

I was pulled over in Texas and asked to step out of the car and they searched my car looking for whatever they could find to take me to jail. Maybe I should have took my top off and said "Please MR OFFICER don't make me get out of the car." in the sexist girl voice I could come up with. Of course they didn't find anything but I still got a freaking ticket because I was driving the in Left Lane. Leave it to Texas to have messed up laws.

What was the warrant for?

Sep 27 13 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

Danielle Reid wrote:

I'll go with needing better cops (and ways of rating insurance risks or not requiring insurance at all). I won't say men are better or worse drivers than women but I will say this: at one time, I was driving a 1985 Toyota pickup with liability only. My insurance was $1200 a year. I had no points and no accidents. I've never been convicted of a DUI. My younger sister had a 1999 Mercury Cougar (this was about 2001) with full coverage. She had been caught driving drunk and had 2 accidents where she ran into the back of someone (both cases). Her insurance was $600 a year.

Male: Old truck, no moving violations, no accidents, liability only = $1200.
Female: New car, many point violations, 2 accidents, full coverage = $600. 

Go figure.

Sep 27 13 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Danielle Reid wrote:

The police all over are giving tickets just to get money.  It's not for safety.

Sep 27 13 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Meh, some of the cities here now have camera's attached to the officer, so getting away with a ticket for the things mentioned in previous posts aren't supposed to happen.

Pretty funny, we had a tv commercial of a woman getting pulled over; she fixes her hair, unbuttons a few top buttons, and gets ready to flirt.

Turns out the cop is another woman, and she has a pissed off look on her face.  The woman driver has the "Oh shit!" look as a result. lol

Couldn't find a youtube video.

These camera's are always on and the officer can't touch the video's either.

Sep 27 13 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

OP, once you've made sure people understand the terms of the shoot and when images should be expected.   You point them ONCE to that agreement.   A email with the time frame, etc. spelled out and that's it.   I wouldn't respond to any texts or calls or emails.   I wouldn't ask the peanut gallery what they thought either.   Going forward I would include in a release the expected time frame and also that sometimes due to your schedule it may be a few days later.    I know some people will mention a on-line gallery.   Bad ideal as models will pull the images unedited from there.

State your terms and time frame BEFORE a session.   Be polite yet firm when asked after.   Don't explain after you remind them of the agreement.   Don't show your anger or irritation.   Don't reply after your first reply.   However do understand that some people will want images sooner then others.   Some people are less patient.  That's on them.

Sep 27 13 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

BTW ... it's not just women or models that are extremely impatient. A LOT of men are, too.  For instance, a "friend" of mine wanted to take a ride with me to a store that's not exactly local (I asked him if he wanted to go). I waited over an hour past the time I wanted to leave (the time I wanted to leave was about 3 hours after we talked) because he "wasn't available" and didn't answer his phone.

A week or so ago, he decided he was going to a store that wasn't exactly local. He asked me if I wanted to go and I said yes. He said he'd let me know what time later. I said fine. Well, my phone rung and I got into an important conversation. While I was having that conversation but wrapping it up, he called. I didn't answer it because I was just wrapping the other one up and it would be 2-5 minutes.

I called him back in 4 minutes and he was "already on the road". I'm okay with that on some levels but the impatience for some things and not others is mind boggling to me.

Sep 27 13 09:23 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:
BTW ... it's not just women or models that are extremely impatient. A LOT of men are, too.  For instance, a "friend" of mine wanted to take a ride with me to a store that's not exactly local (I asked him if he wanted to go). I waited over an hour past the time I wanted to leave (the time I wanted to leave was about 3 hours after we talked) because he "wasn't available" and didn't answer his phone.

A week or so ago, he decided he was going to a store that wasn't exactly local. He asked me if I wanted to go and I said yes. He said he'd let me know what time later. I said fine. Well, my phone rung and I got into an important conversation. While I was having that conversation but wrapping it up, he called. I didn't answer it because I was just wrapping the other one up and it would be 2-5 minutes.

I called him back in 4 minutes and he was "already on the road". I'm okay with that on some levels but the impatience for some things and not others is mind boggling to me.

That's called being a selfish you know what.

Sep 27 13 09:36 am Link

Model

Miss Lynnia

Westminster, California, US

If I didn't like or agree with the photographer's conditions or wait time for photos, then I just don't shoot with them; saves me time and trouble. I know models can be impatient to get their piks but some photographers can be difficult too. I've worked with a few that took weeks, even months to get my piks back to me when they promised it will be done in just a few days. I know you all have lives outside photography and don't mind waiting for my piks so long as the wait time is within reason.

Sep 27 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

This thread is a train flying off the tracks.  Back on topic....

It doesn't matter that you stacked up 12 models in a short time.
That's how you chose to work.

You told the models it would be a while before getting their edits back.

If they are pestering you about them, then it's THEY who are being unprofessional.  If it were me, I'd continue letting them know (when they pester) that I'm working on them and those who ask nicely will be moved forward.  Those who whine and annoy me will be pushed back a bit.

But everyone gets their images.  I assume that was the deal you made.

This is a society of "I want it now".  Even when something is shipped to me through Amazon FOR FREE, and it takes a week, I get weird.  Why does it take a week?!!  Because it does.

Sep 27 13 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:

The possibility that men are generally more aggressive drivers certainly could explain it.

I've known a few women who did get out of several tickets through charm (personal or physical), but I seriously doubt that that's the main cause of the disparity in insurance premiums.

Sep 27 13 09:53 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:
In driving down the road, if a man gets pulled over, chances are great he's getting a ticket. Even if he wasn't doing anything "wrong", they'll find or invent something to give him a ticket. Women drive away with a warning, especially if they cry, unbutton a few extra buttons, are just decent looking or get pulled over by a male cop (most of them are)....

lol!  I agree with you on that! wink

Secretary gets pulled over and cop says "You can sign at the bottom of the ticket, or write 'Warning' across the face of it."  She did the later.  I got cited - always, and even bogus trumped up ones.  Ugly just loses.

She also used to come back to the office with wine and beer from her conversations with delivery drivers while on office runs.  Some "Hey, you got any free samples of beer (To the wine truck driver) on your truck?"  And they'd see her and say "No wine, but I got beer.  Want some?"  I was amazed at what she could get for free.  I swear she could flirt her way into or out of anything.  Fwiw, ugly don' flirt well at all.

Another got out of her tickets with some college acting skills like crying when the cop walked up to her and she got into some "Is that a real gun?  Those things kill people and babies!" while pointing and shaking at it.  Cop (male) went into the "White knight mode" and would try and calm her down and she'd get away with it - and laugh while driving away down the road.  Said it was the only useful thing she learned in her acting class: Crying on demand and acting hysterical both. She's gotten out of so many tickets with her 'acting skills' that it may have paid for her college tuition too.  She says once she gets them out of their "cop and ticket mindset" they're hers for the playing and she can sense the change in them when she turns the tables.

Having sat in traffic court more times than I care too, I'd say that women in there were a much smaller percentage too.  Men were there for some silly things like bad windshield wiper blades (Unsafe maintenance?!), and uncovered pickup truck beds where something else might have blown out of it for a mere $175  (Memo: Don't buy a pickup truck if they can float that bogus one out there if you are on the county dump road.).  I got the Invisible pedestrian one for only $850 (As I said, ugly loses, sometimes badly.).  I did get a chuckle out of the low-rider guy with "spinners" (hubcaps) as the cop said "His wheels were still turning at the stop sign, so it was an incomplete stop."  The "Spinner hubcaps" defense didn't fly with the judge but was worth a shot I guess.  State needs money, and if you get in their sights you're toast.

Now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread... wink

Sep 27 13 09:55 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:

If they are pestering you about them, then it's THEY who are being unprofessional.  If it were me, I'd continue letting them know (when they pester) that I'm working on them and those who ask nicely will be moved forward.  Those who whine and annoy me will be pushed back a bit.

This is a society of "I want it now".  Even when something is shipped to me through Amazon FOR FREE, and it takes a week, I get weird.  Why does it take a week?!!  Because it does.

I told all the models that I wasn't going to even start editing ANY of the photos before labor day weekend.

He did.

So why would a model ask them for an online gallery the very next day.

Sep 27 13 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I told all the models that I wasn't going to even start editing ANY of the photos before labor day weekend.

He did.

People don't listen.

I do a big gig a few times a year and we have not only words but fliers that state all galleries will be up in 7-10 days. We explain it, we put it in writing, we remind the clients. They ask anyhow because they are exited.

So far the record for fastest query on "Are my photos up yet?"

An email before I even left the event...

No reason to sweat it or get mad or even rant, just resend the info with the pre stated time line and dates.
Use actual dates and days ie Jan 15th 2013, or 7 days from your shoot.

Then get on with you job.

No not every single job gets done on time and under deadline, and conversely no not every client/model "bugs" you for images. Hell some models/clients break appointments and leave images in my studio for weeks- months...

Learning to work with people is how business is done.

Sep 27 13 10:05 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Sometimes, no matter what you do, you'll still encounter antsy models who want their pictures right away.

I always give models a date that they'll get their pictures by, but especially when I was new, I'd get a model or two that would message me and complain because such and such photographer doesn't take as long.  Or they'd comment that I'm posting another model's photos before theirs...well yes, because I shot them 2 weeks prior and I'm just now getting to their images.

I got real sick of it real fast, mostly because I already had a hectic schedule, and didn't need models breathing down my neck when I had made it very clear when they should expect their photos.

So I got a bit snippy.  I told them each time they'd bug me, before I said I would have them done, I'd put delivering their images off by 2 days even if I had them done.  Mind you, I had a good working relationship with these girls for the most part, and knew quite a few on a personal basis so it didn't come off totally bitchy...but they got the point.  They stopped breathing down my neck, accepted two weeks as being two weeks, and were pleased when I delivered the pictures after one week.

Sep 27 13 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I think you fucked up.

Just do this to recover:

Carle Photography wrote:
Models don't care how many shoots you do.
Models also don't care what line they are in.
Models don't care about your day job.

Models DO however care about when they will be getting the photos they worked for. Deadlines are what you answer back with.

It doesn't matter if it is October 1st 2013 or December 1st 2020.
Give a delivery date to EACH model that works with your schedule.

Yes you will still get models asking when.....You give them a stated WHEN...a DATE... not a bunch of rambling.

"Oh I have a job and life so soon..."

and on that note i'm outta here.

https://i.imgur.com/FjPLF.gif

Sep 27 13 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Miss Havisham Studios

Los Angeles, California, US

Best answer so far (since I last replied). Thank you.

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Sep 27 13 10:17 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

in my experience attractive people do tend to get a free pass more often than others. one time i was following a car with a couple cute girls and we both got pulled over for driving like 90 and the cop talked to them first and let them go after they flirted with him. he hassled me for a while including threatening to tie me to a tree (i kid you not) before giving me a ticket.

it also seems like maybe women photographers can get away with being bitchier to the female models.

just my two cents based on what i've observed in 50 years of being on the planet.

Jules NYC wrote:
Many is still a strong statement.

Sep 27 13 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Miss Havisham Studios

Thank you for paying attention Jules.

Jules NYC wrote:

He did.

Sep 27 13 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Miss Havisham Studios

Carle Photography wrote:

Learning to work with people is how business is done.

Exactly why I asked the question. I'm wanting to know what other professionals are doing/have done to deal with this, since being nice/being rude/giving in with online galleries/ doesn't seem to be enough since they still have the "want them all/want them now attitude".

Sep 27 13 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Miss Havisham Studios

And can we please get off the traffic ticket and attractive female path we've seemed to segue to? I know a lot of cops and it gives them joy to write pretty, crying, traffic offenders tickets. Why? Because they know what's up. Let's please move on.

Sep 27 13 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Miss Havisham Studios

Karl Johnston wrote:
I think you fucked up.

Just do this to recover:

Incredibly unhelpful post. Why even bother? -Rhetorical.- No answer needed.

Sep 27 13 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

Ordering from a catalogue used to take 6-8 weeks.
- Now many items are shipped in 24 hours, delivered in two days.

An oil change used to take all day.
- Now you can get one done in 10 minutes.

Getting 5000 fliers printed and shipped used to take weeks.
- Now you can upload files, proof, and have them printed & shipped in 1 day.

Checks used to take a few days to clear.
- Now they are cleared instantly.

Photos used to take weeks for proofs.
- Now they take days.

We no longer have "Working days" "Business days" business is done 24/7 every day around the world regardless of time zones.

If you can't travel at the speed of business you will be left behind.

Sep 27 13 10:42 am Link