Forums > General Industry > "Caitlyn..." A Professional Critique.

Photographer

r T p

Los Angeles, California, US

r T p wrote:
IOW.. they (a stranger) must first adhere to *your specific* code of conduct requirements (that, otherwise, have no direct affect on you and your well-being) before you extend them the basic human courtesy of addressing them as they wish/prefer to be addressed

Jules NYC wrote:
Why don't you address the people that have a problem with this.

i was .. (this isn't a private conversation)

Jun 03 15 11:04 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

joeyk wrote:

Ditto.

And what people aren't really talking about is the fact that THIS IS AN ACTUAL MENTAL DISORDER ITS IN THE DSM-IV. INSURANCE WILL NOT EVEN COVER THE SURGERY UNLESS THEY ARE DIAGNOSED WITH GID. I personally don't think scraping out your cock and getting implants makes you a woman. What If I said I wanted to be an elephant and was offended if everyone didn't call me your elephantship? Same damn thing

Jun 04 15 01:19 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Mousseline wrote:

And what people aren't really talking about is the fact that THIS IS AN ACTUAL MENTAL DISORDER ITS IN THE DSM-IV. INSURANCE WILL NOT EVEN COVER THE SURGERY UNLESS THEY ARE DIAGNOSED WITH GID. I personally don't think scraping out your cock and getting implants makes you a woman. What If I said I wanted to be an elephant and was offended if everyone didn't call me your elephantship? Same damn thing

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/gender-dysphoria

Please educate yourself your elephantship.

Jun 04 15 01:41 am Link

Model

Stella Sidney

KungPaoChic wrote:
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/gender-dysphoria

Please educate yourself your elephantship.

Please take note that users can add information on webmd. Than why do they have to be diagnosed with it in order to get insurance to cover their surgery? I'm glad for people that need that to have it available to them, whatever gets you though the day. But it's important to know that you will never truly be the gender you're not assigned to. Having your cock sawn off does not make you a woman anymore than I can have my face surgically constructed to resemble an elephant's . But you knew that and I know hat and the rest if the world knows that, so why are we talking about this?

Jun 04 15 02:10 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dys … auses.aspx

"Gender dysphoria was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition, with its causes believed to originate in the mind.
However, more recent studies have suggested that gender dysphoria is biological and caused by the development of gender identity before birth.
The condition is not a mental illness."

Please note homosexuality was also once thought to be a mental illness.

Jun 04 15 02:43 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

People legally change their first name all the time. Changing from Bruce to Caitlin is no different than going from Bruce to Jimmy. The name you choose reflects your inner identity.

Also, saying that Caitlin didn't want publicity for all of this is ludicrous. It couldn't have been done more publicly or announced more widely unless the surgery was on pay-per-view. Sure, it could be to raise awareness or help others. That's a noble cause to rally around, but it likely not the only reason.

Jun 04 15 03:09 am Link

Model

Michelle Genevieve

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

Mousseline wrote:
And what people aren't really talking about is the fact that THIS IS AN ACTUAL MENTAL DISORDER ITS IN THE DSM-IV. INSURANCE WILL NOT EVEN COVER THE SURGERY UNLESS THEY ARE DIAGNOSED WITH GID.

No, it’s not.

In the first place, citing the DSM-IV as the source of your information is like using an archaic science book as your reference source to claim that the sun revolves around the earth. The current version of the DSM is DSM-5. GID (Gender Identity Disorder) is no longer a pathology and is now referred to as Gender Dysphoria. In other words, it has been removed from the list of pathologies in the same way that homosexuality is no longer considered a mental disorder.

I see this out of date reference frequently used in conservative circles to bolster the notion that transgender people are mentally ill. The repeated use of DSM-IV (or DSM-IV TR) either reveals an unwillingness on the part of these people to make themselves current and relevant in this discussion or is done to intentionally misrepresent advances in psychiatric research.

Mousseline wrote:
I personally don't think scraping out your cock and getting implants makes you a woman. What If I said I wanted to be an elephant and was offended if everyone didn't call me your elephantship? Same damn thing

Not the same damn thing. Are you saying that a woman (or a man as well) is merely the sum of their body parts? If that’s true for you I respect (and lament) that, but I’d hope that your womanhood is more complex than just your ownership of a vagina.

And on the insurance thing, more and more insurance plans are covering trans health treatment. Regardless, the validation by the insurance industry is not what matters here.

Jun 04 15 05:27 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I know a drummer that truly KICKS ASS and is transgender.

When I met her, I literally didn't notice she used to be a man.
I don't know if she went through the operation yet and neither do her band members.

The band is notable and really good.

Jun 04 15 08:13 am Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Michelle Genevieve wrote:
Not the same damn thing. Are you saying that a woman (or a man as well) is merely the sum of their body parts? If that’s true for you I respect (and lament) that, but I’d hope that your womanhood is more complex than just your ownership of a vagina

Obviously you didn't understand my point. That's exactly what I'm saying that being a woman wil never be just having a vagina. Bruce can never lay a claim to womanhood because he will never BE one! I know that's not the point it's about accepting trans people and letting them live comfortably, which I totally agree with. Bruce will never have the mind of a woman anymore than I'll everhave a rhino's heart or a tree's roots. What makes a woman are her mind, emotional experiences, a certain intuitiveness; and those are things a biological man will never poses. No matter how much they want them or "believe" they are meant to be one. He thinks that by scar ping out his cook and putting silicone in his chest he will be something that he will NEVER truly be. Not religious or conservative whatsoever, either.

Jun 04 15 08:24 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Mousseline wrote:
Obviously you didn't understand my point. That's exactly what I'm saying that being a woman wil never be just having a vagina. Bruce can never lay a claim to womanhood because he will never BE one! I know that's not the point it's about accepting trans people and letting them live comfortably, which I totally agree with. Bruce will never have the mind of a woman anymore than I'll everhave a rhino's heart or a tree's roots. What makes a woman are her mind, emotional experiences, a certain intuitiveness; and those are things a biological man will never poses. No matter how much they want them or "believe" they are meant to be one. He thinks that by scar ping out his cook and putting silicone in his chest he will be something that he will NEVER truly be. Not religious or conservative whatsoever, either.

Have you read or considered anything regarding Karyotype aberrations?
Chromosomes have a lot to do with one's mental & physical state... yet it is the entire genetic makeup.
GENES

https://www.accessexcellence.org/RC/VL/GG/images/sex_chromosomes.gif

http://www.isna.org/faq/y_chromosome
http://transascity.org/the-transgender-brain/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nature vs Nurture
https://sites.psu.edu/evolutionofhumans … s-nurture/

Reiner comments on the results of the studies stating, “These studies suggest that male gender identity is directly related to normal male patterns of male hormone exposure in utero. These children demonstrate that normal male gender identity can develop not only in the absence of the penis, but even after the removal of testicles or castration at birth, and unequivocal rearing as female. Rather than the environment forming these children’s gender identity, their identity and gender role seem to have developed despite a total environment telling them they were female.” These and consequent other studies have caused the scientific community to reevaluate their belief that gender identity is constructed through “nurture”. Most scientists now believe that gender identity is something that is predetermined by a biological aspect and cannot be chosen for a child.

Jun 04 15 08:38 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.26451700.1169/fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg

Jun 04 15 08:50 am Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

https://s17.postimg.org/n76vst9gv/uniqueorn.jpg

Jun 04 15 09:38 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Jun 04 15 09:43 am Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully
So we're different colors
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done
I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist
I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

Jun 04 15 09:51 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Maybe it's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH6eN9hi2l4

Seriously,

I think people have core values about these matters.
It doesn't make anyone less or better than the other.

I've realized in life that you can show people other views to possibly sway one's mind but at heart, values are values. That's why they say to be with someone whose values are similar to your own.

Arguing or debating (they are different) about the same thing over and over never works.
The only time it works is if you can respect another's point of view even though it does not coincide with your own (agree to disagree).  This theory works beautifully with strangers; it is rare that it works with romantic intimacy/relationships.

Jun 04 15 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Mousseline wrote:

Biologically, we are all a little bit male or a little bit female.   One out of every few thousand human beings are born with inner sex organs, meaning they may have some variation of both male and female organs.  The human species and most all mammals have both testosterone and estrogen.  Our levels of those hormones determine if we are more male or more female.  An inner sex person is NOT a true hermaphrodite born with a complete set of both ... which is a more rare occurrence.  Typically doctors will make a decision to cut off the extra stuff and that baby will keep what sex organs he or she has the most of.  Many of these babies will grow up to be normal adults who can sexually reproduce ... or not.   You might never know the difference.  I'm not a medical doctor, but I've learned this through reading and studying.

I've been around transgenders and I respect them by treating them as which ever sex they wish to be known as.  It's that simple.  This talk of inner species swapping of body parts is not as easily possible, but I do have a bovine aortic heart valve, because that valve is a tissue, not an organ.  We can transplant hearts from male to female or vice a versa very easily though.  Medical science in amazing!  We are able to transplant body parts, and someday we maybe able to transplant brains.  In the last few days, doctors in Texas did a very successful scalp transplant!  The brain will come soon!  Pretty amazing, huh?  By the way, sex has a lot more to do with the human brain than it does the organs.  Just saying!  wink

Jun 04 15 12:59 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Wow
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl … 94408.html

IOC responds:

The International Olympic Committee has made its first statement about Caitlyn Jenner's transition to a woman, responding to an online petition requesting that the organization, which runs the Olympic Games, revoke the gold medal Caitlyn (then Bruce) won during the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

In its response to the petition, IOC Communications Director Mark Adams tells Yahoo, "Bruce Jenner won his gold medal in the 1976 Olympic Games and there is no issue for the IOC."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb … 28464.html

Jun 04 15 01:13 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Biologically, we are all a little bit male or a little bit female.   One out of every few thousand human beings are born with inner sex organs, meaning they may have some variation of both male and female organs.  The human species and most all mammals have both testosterone and estrogen.  Our levels of those hormones determine if we are more male or more female.  An inner sex person is NOT a true hermaphrodite born with a complete set of both ... which is a more rare occurrence.  Typically doctors will make a decision to cut off the extra stuff and that baby will keep what sex organs he or she has the most of.  Many of these babies will grow up to be normal adults who can sexually reproduce ... or not.   You might never know the difference.  I'm not a medical doctor, but I've learned this through reading and studying.

I've been around transgenders and I respect them by treating them as which ever sex they wish to be known as.  It's that simple.  This talk of inner species swapping of body parts is not as easily possible, but I do have a bovine aortic heart valve, because that valve is a tissue, not an organ.  We can transplant hearts from male to female or vice a versa very easily though.  Medical science in amazing!  We are able to transplant body parts, and someday we maybe able to transplant brains.  In the last few days, doctors in Texas did a very successful scalp transplant!  The brain will come soon!  Pretty amazing, huh?  By the way, sex has a lot more to do with the human brain than it does the organs.  Just saying!  wink

That's wild.  You have a bovine heart valve.
P.S., did you know

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 … geon-claim
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/brain … lants.html

Jun 04 15 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Jules NYC wrote:
Wow
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl … 94408.html

IOC responds:

The International Olympic Committee has made its first statement about Caitlyn Jenner's transition to a woman, responding to an online petition requesting that the organization, which runs the Olympic Games, revoke the gold medal Caitlyn (then Bruce) won during the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

In its response to the petition, IOC Communications Director Mark Adams tells Yahoo, "Bruce Jenner won his gold medal in the 1976 Olympic Games and there is no issue for the IOC."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb … 28464.html

It claims that Jenner, who won gold in the decathlon during the 1976 Summer Olympics, violated committee rules by participating as a man when she “believed herself to be truly female”.

The petition states: “It has recently come to light that gold medalist Bruce Jenner is in fact transgender, and therefore, identifies as a woman. We congratulate Ms Jenner on these new developments and wish her the best.

“However, this creates somewhat of a problem as Ms Jenner (as talented as she is) claims that she has always believed herself to be truly female, and therefore, was in violation of committee rules regarding women competing in men's sports and vice versa.

"It is only fair to all involved that women receive their credit as champions of the Decathalon and that the men racing Ms. Jenner are not expected to compete with a superior, streamlined being such as herself.

"We urge Ms Jenner to support the transgender community by giving up the medals earned by competing against the wrong gender."

==============

Gosh, what is this World coming to? 2,000 people have already signed the petition. WOW.
I feel another can of worms opening up.

Jenner should say she didn't believe herself to be truly female, until 1977

sad

Jun 04 15 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Jules NYC wrote:
That's wild.  You have a bovine heart valve.
P.S., did you know

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 … geon-claim
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/brain … lants.html

Of course I knew ... I had some choices in the surgery.  wink

I was born with a defective heart valve.  Although I lived into adult age without any problems, I had to have the valve replaced later on.  Doctors can replace heart valves with mechanical valves, or tissue valves from human, pig or cow.  It's done often at many hospitals.

Jun 04 15 01:36 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

ChadAlan wrote:

It claims that Jenner, who won gold in the decathlon during the 1976 Summer Olympics, violated committee rules by participating as a man when she “believed herself to be truly female”.

The petition states: “It has recently come to light that gold medalist Bruce Jenner is in fact transgender, and therefore, identifies as a woman. We congratulate Ms Jenner on these new developments and wish her the best.

“However, this creates somewhat of a problem as Ms Jenner (as talented as she is) claims that she has always believed herself to be truly female, and therefore, was in violation of committee rules regarding women competing in men's sports and vice versa.

"It is only fair to all involved that women receive their credit as champions of the Decathalon and that the men racing Ms. Jenner are not expected to compete with a superior, streamlined being such as herself.

"We urge Ms Jenner to support the transgender community by giving up the medals earned by competing against the wrong gender."

==============

Gosh, what is this World coming to? 2,000 people have already signed the petition. WOW.

sad

I can't believe even the transgender community is against what was earned.

Jun 04 15 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Some people claim that having a profile on a web cam porn site makes them a Playboy model.

I know and we all know that doesn't make them a Playboy model but if they want to refer to themselves as such who really cares?

Jun 04 15 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

ChadAlan wrote:

==============

sad

That is simply ridiculous IMO.

Jun 04 15 01:39 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

KungPaoChic wrote:
Some people claim that having a profile on a web cam porn site makes them a Playboy model.

I know and we all know that doesn't make them a Playboy model but if they want to refer to themselves as such who really cares?

A real Playboy model whose only gripe, an irritable fraudulence.

Jun 04 15 01:42 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

I was born with a defective heart valve.  Although I lived into adult age without any problems, I had to have the valve replaced later on.  Doctors can replace heart valves with mechanical valves, or tissue valves from human, pig or cow.  It's done often at many hospitals.

One day...

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0zleu7VoN1qaq4gco1_500.jpg

Jun 04 15 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Jules NYC wrote:

A real Playboy model whose only gripe, an irritable fraudulence.

I think I am missing a critical piece of the puzzle or perhaps an unfortunate casualty of auto correct . . .

Jun 04 15 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Jules NYC wrote:

One day...

My, what a nice big brain you have *waggles eyebrows*

Jun 04 15 02:07 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

KungPaoChic wrote:
I think I am missing a critical piece of the puzzle or perhaps an unfortunate casualty of auto correct . . .

Last time I checked, it wasn't easy to be a Playboy model.  Even if it is these days, it's probably more amusing than irritating.

Last Playboy gigs I worked on:

Playboy Video Centerfold: Playmate of the Year Victoria Silvstedt (Video documentary) (production assistant)
1997 Playboy: Voluptuous Vixens (Video documentary) (pre-production coordinator)
1996 Playboy: Fast Women (Video documentary) (production assistant)

Jun 04 15 02:11 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

KungPaoChic wrote:

My, what a nice big brain you have *waggles eyebrows*

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIMvSp01C8

Jun 04 15 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Jun 04 15 02:20 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Jun 04 15 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Now I want a cheeseburger - -damn you Patrick and your bovine heart.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4RWS9ldeNo

My sister's favorite movie of all time.

Jun 04 15 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Iktan

New York, New York, US

https://cdn.meme.li/instances/24219746.jpg

Jun 04 15 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

John Carman

San Francisco, California, US

udor wrote:

Nice track record!

However, the LA Times has not once received the

"Rupert Murdoch Award for Excellence in Creative Storytelling",

which Fox News received numerous times, and totally outweighs this Pulitzer thingies!   evilgrin

As a career journalist at major market newspapers, I'm just going to hope you're joking.

Jun 04 15 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Jun 04 15 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

KungPaoChic wrote:

There are former "friends" and certain family members of mine (can't get rid of them, right?) that swear I shoot pornography, and that all the "models" I shoot are "prostitutes" because I pay them.  One such person used the words " ... of young girls" when describing what he thought of the models I've shot.  This did cause the sheriff to take a look at my computer where they found absolutely NOTHING that they would even consider "pornographic" of any images I've shot.  They even checked my profile here, and said I'm a great photographer.  There are some good cops out there!  smile

Jun 04 15 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Jules NYC wrote:

One day...

Hmm  ..  I'll keep my brain.  There are some really valuable memories stored in there!   However, I would like to exchange the rest of my body for whomever is the "hottest" looking guy by popular standards, but could use a good brain.  I'm sure there are some hot bodied guys out there whom woman wish had better brains, right?  tongue   Kidding!

Jun 04 15 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Jules NYC wrote:

Last time I checked, it wasn't easy to be a Playboy model.  Even if it is these days, it's probably more amusing than irritating.

Last Playboy gigs I worked on:

Playboy Video Centerfold: Playmate of the Year Victoria Silvstedt (Video documentary) (production assistant)
1997 Playboy: Voluptuous Vixens (Video documentary) (pre-production coordinator)
1996 Playboy: Fast Women (Video documentary) (production assistant)

I don't think being a Playboy model or getting in the magazine is as big a deal any more.  The Internet is saturated with websites that have porn and social stuff where everyone can be a porn star or say they've been in Playboy.  I get this spam in my email that tells me that these little blue pills can make even me into a "porn star" but  ... I don't have a leading lady!  tongue

Jun 04 15 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

KungPaoChic wrote:

Now I want a cheeseburger - -damn you Patrick and your bovine heart.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4RWS9ldeNo

My sister's favorite movie of all time.

It's a fact that I do not eat beef!  I don't want to be a cannibal.  tongue

Jun 04 15 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

John Carman wrote:

As a career journalist at major market newspapers, I'm just going to hope you're joking.

Rupert Murdoch is a jerk, I mean a joke!   Fox News is satire, comedy and out right lies all wrapped into one.  I'll take a Pulitzer over anything associated with Mur-douche and Fox any day!  wink

Jun 04 15 04:01 pm Link