Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > mother effing cats!!!!

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

wtf? i have to park at work in an outdoor environment (new job) and i had a cat "spray" my windshield the other day, resulting in a god awful stench inside my truck, since it dripped down into the air intake for the cabin.

wtf can i do to get rid of this fucking stench? i seriously hate cats. i tried spraying lysol into the intake, but it didn't work.

Aug 17 17 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

have you tried peroxide and bicarb (baking soda)?
google: getting out skunk smell

Aug 17 17 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Telomere Snapshots

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

The longer it sits the more set AND worse the smell becomes, act fast!

Immediate term till you get to a pet supply store, pour lots of regular white vinegar down the same spot. Yes, your truck will smell like cat piss AND vinegar, but the acetic acid will begin neutralizing the alkaline salts in the piss immediately, then the vinegar smell dissipates taking the cat piss smell with it.

EVEN BETTER.

Get thee to a pet supply store and get a small jug of cat piss smell removing enzymes. Same deal, just pour it in, no other options. Most brands smell pretty good, so it's be a mix of piss and mild perfume for a while.

Do this soon because as it ages chemical decomp will release mercaptans, ie skunk smell.

Good luck.

Aug 17 17 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Cats always win!!! lol

The enzymes work well. I got a great deal on a car partly because the interior reeked of dog.

Enzymes ate the stink. Took a couple applications, had to remove the back seat and enzyme the underside of things.

Welll worth the trouble.

Aug 17 17 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

thanks, i'll try the enzymes thing.

Aug 18 17 05:34 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

My cats are my best friends, though they have both been fixed so no spraying.

Male unneutered cats apparently do that to mark territory. Or at least that's what I've heard.

White vinegar might work.

Aug 18 17 09:36 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

I agree with the enzymes suggestion, but after running that through, you'll want to change your cabin air filter and spray/wipe down your inside vents with the enzymes as well.  Personally, I would spray my whole interior with the enzymes... the carpet, the mats, the seats, any fabric door panels and then leave the car in bright sunlight with the windows down to dry it. When you turned your car on, it likely spread throughout the cabin.

Aug 18 17 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

The cat has given you a message.  He hates you!     big_smile

Aug 18 17 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Nature's Miracle will take it out - enzymes.

Use lots of it, it has to contact the urine to be effective. It also has a fairly heavy sent of it's own so you'll want to air out the truck after you use it.

Aug 18 17 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
The cat has given you a message.  He hates you!     big_smile

lol

Aug 18 17 10:46 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

i just got the enzymes stuff. the nature's miracle stuff..the highest concentration they had. it is working a little, but as suggested, i'm probably going to have to change the filter, and spray the truck interior, too.

mother fuck, what a headache!

Aug 18 17 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

GK photo wrote:
i just got the enzymes stuff. the nature's miracle stuff..the highest concentration they had. it is working a little, but as suggested, i'm probably going to have to change the filter, and spray the truck interior, too.

mother fuck, what a headache!

Plus, revenge is nearly impossible.

You ever piss on a cat?

lol

Aug 18 17 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Plus, revenge is nearly impossible.

You ever piss on a cat?

lol

no, but now i wish i had.

Aug 18 17 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

GK photo wrote:

no, but now i wish i had.

There is still time.

Aug 18 17 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

the cat said you had it commin' to ya
and there's more of that

Aug 18 17 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Motordrive Photography wrote:
the cat said you had it commin' to ya
and there's more of that

not if i 'lectrify my hood, while it's parked. tongue i doubt old tom cat will like him some toasty paw pads.

spray this, mofo. smile fucking filthy varmints.

Aug 18 17 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

MoRina wrote:
I agree with the enzymes suggestion, but after running that through, you'll want to change your cabin air filter and spray/wipe down your inside vents with the enzymes as well.  Personally, I would spray my whole interior with the enzymes... the carpet, the mats, the seats, any fabric door panels and then leave the car in bright sunlight with the windows down to dry it. When you turned your car on, it likely spread throughout the cabin.

this is not the kind of project i was looking forward to on the weekend. and yes, i fear the stench has permeated every nook and cranny of my cabin by now.

oh, the humanity.

Aug 18 17 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

GK photo wrote:

this is not the kind of project i was looking forward to on the weekend. and yes, i fear the stench has permeated every nook and cranny of my cabin by now.

oh, the humanity.

After 90 seconds the human olifactory senses experiences a form of overload shutdown. Bad smells become much less intense.

This was necessary for propagation of the species back when soap did not exist and water was cold or frozen all winter.

Aug 18 17 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Shadow Dancer wrote:
After 90 seconds the human olifactory senses experiences a form of overload shutdown. Bad smells become much less intense.

This was necessary for propagation of the species back when soap did not exist and water was cold or frozen all winter.

haha, i hear you. i could give you one story where that was quite self evident, but i'll spare you. but that involved humans. this stench is not only palpable, but it's horrendous. and the worst part is coming from a fresh air environment into the cabin of this truck (in summer, which exacerbates it).

it's one thing when humans put on their "stink" at the same rate (like that survivor show), but it's wholly different when you introduce scents from animals. maybe in the grand scheme, 40 day old bo from a human is worse than what i'm dealing with; but i have no 40 day bo humans riding shotgun in my ride. smile

i work with a dude with some serious coffee breath. i can self filter using distance and breathing restraint. if i'm stuck in my vehicle for two hours, there's no such outlet.

Aug 18 17 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

GK photo wrote:
haha, i hear you. i could give you one story where that was quite self evident, but i'll spare you. but that involved humans. this stench is not only palpable, but it's horrendous. and the worst part is coming from a fresh air environment into the cabin of this truck (in summer, which exacerbates it).

it's one thing when humans put on their "stink" at the same rate (like that survivor show), but it's wholly different when you introduce scents from animals. maybe in the grand scheme, 40 day old bo from a human is worse than what i'm dealing with; but i have no 40 day bo humans riding shotgun in my ride. smile

i work with a dude with some serious coffee breath. i can self filter using distance and breathing restraint. if i'm stuck in my vehicle for two hours, there's no such outlet.

In addition to olifactory overload, humans also have "stench memory". I still smell things sometimes that are not in my current surroundings, like the wind blowing over the fields filled with flats of raisons in the Central Valley of California.
Other things are worse. We had a contract truck driver at work who not only brushed his teeth with fresh dog feces, he gave off steam that could burn all of your nostril hairs to oblivion in one sniff.

I only made the approach and death-sniff once, then I kept my distance. I usually needed to go to the rest room or take a phone call when he arrived. I don't smell that smell often fortunately.

We won't go into the morbidly obese and grouchy woman I had to help navigate a rental computer at Kinko's back in the day. I am pretty sure she had never bathed or washed her clothes, ever. Every time she moved it broke the crust covering the moist, stinky folds and a fresh gust of rotting pork smell combined with week old poultry skin would waft out into the atmosphere. It is difficult when you cannot simply stop breathing.

Cat piss is sort of smelly but really not all that bad. You'll get used to it.

Aug 19 17 12:20 am Link

Photographer

San Anselmo, California, US

Amazing  stuff----- produced by " Natural Chemistry"   Their Stain & Odor  Eliminator //   firm was located in  Norwalk  CT 06854                phone 800-668-7760  but many pet stores  may have similar product.
Ebay has many suggestions, too   !!!!!!

Aug 19 17 12:35 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Cat piss is sort of smelly but really not all that bad. You'll get used to it.

again, this ain't "piss", it's whatever the fuck they produce to "spray". it's probably not light years difference on the olfactory scale, but it's different...and gross.

Aug 19 17 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

GK photo wrote:

again, this ain't "piss", it's whatever the fuck they produce to "spray". it's probably not light years difference on the olfactory scale, but it's different...and gross.

I've owned a few cats, one tom sprayed the electical outlet once. Guess that showed him!!!! lol

I know exactly what it is.

None of them ever jumped the fence, knocked over the neighbor's garbage can, pulled out all the used Pampers and licked them all clean like the dogs I owned (once).

Aug 19 17 08:43 am Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda and Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (blue kind) work wonders on skunk spray and most other animal spray odors.  The Dawn breaks down the oils and allows the chemical reaction caused by the Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda to bind an oxygen to the animal spray, rendering it odorless.  After a few minutes, rinse it all away.

Aug 20 17 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

A few companies make car foggers/bombs. You set them off inside your car with the AC running on recirculate. They clean the whole hvac and inside of the car. Takes about a half hour.

Are you sure someone at work didn't prank you? Cats spray to mark territory.  They usually go for corners and fixed objects. To spray a windshield is really weird.

Aug 21 17 02:55 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:

He marked your vehicle. It was in his territory.

Your vehicle now belongs to the cat.  lol

Aug 21 17 05:55 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Robb Mann wrote:
A few companies make car foggers/bombs. You set them off inside your car with the AC running on recirculate. They clean the whole hvac and inside of the car. Takes about a half hour.

Are you sure someone at work didn't prank you? Cats spray to mark territory.  They usually go for corners and fixed objects. To spray a windshield is really weird.

Ooooh evil!! Liquid ass?

I did some revenge research for.. no reason at all and came across a company who will send glitter bobms in the mail and such..
And I agree that the cat would spray somehwere more accessible..

Aug 21 17 05:57 am Link

Photographer

hbutz New York

Ronkonkoma, New York, US

Nothing good will come of saying bad things about cats on the Internet.  I don't know why this is true.  It just is.

Aug 21 17 09:01 am Link

Photographer

A Thousand Words

Lakeland, Florida, US

Does anyone else find this humorous considering his avatar?

Aug 21 17 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

https://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c7/c79809460ccae3677c4f8710f2f983a325174a99b63b409a58c4a5dd27439589.jpg

Aug 21 17 09:47 am Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

Go to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy Zero Odor.

Works like a charm.

Sep 03 17 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

A Thousand Words  wrote:
Does anyone else find this humorous considering his avatar?

funny. smile

Sep 03 17 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Expression Unlimited

Oceanside, California, US

There are several good products all designed to kill the smell - ask at a pet store or pet aisle

Normal things  not aimed at cat pee  will not be strong enough to overcome  an intact feral male spray.

Take comfort in the fact you must exude a very manly smell - he was attracted to compete with you!!!

Sep 19 17 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Summa

San Antonio, Texas, US

Only source for this is a morgue, pathologist, or mortuary, it is called Skunk Off. When I worked at MD Anderson in Houston the autopsy would have a few patents who exhibited an intense odor upon opening the body cavity. One to two drops and ALL odor was gone. It lasted about 10 hours. It was in a small white dropper bottle with a black skunk like Pepe la Pew chancier on the front (for the old darkroom people, it looked just like a dropper bottle of LFN).

Sep 21 17 08:49 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Tim Summa wrote:
Only source for this is a morgue, pathologist, or mortuary, it is called Skunk Off. When I worked at MD Anderson in Houston the autopsy would have a few patents who exhibited an intense odor upon opening the body cavity. One to two drops and ALL odor was gone. It lasted about 10 hours. It was in a small white dropper bottle with a black skunk like Pepe la Pew chancier on the front (for the old darkroom people, it looked just like a dropper bottle of LFN).

This explains so many things. lol

Sep 21 17 10:05 am Link