login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Make- up for adult movies! Search   Reply
first1234last
Makeup Artist
Diana
Posts: 2,372
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Blitz Visage wrote:
Sorry but i have to roll up this thread. I was just offered to do Makeup and Hair on a aprox. 10 day adult film shoot next month. Pays well. Not even thinking about it if i wanna do it or not cause I do want to.
My only question is what products you use to make makeup stay or little tricks and hints for body makeup etc? Anything helps so Im prepped for that.
I will also get a chance to intern before the shoot to go and assist.
Thanks!
KAT

Kat, you shouldn't  have bumped this old thread. You should have started a new one 'cause as you can see, no one has even noticed your post to answer your questions... they're all too busy arguing their side.

My advice, post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

http://makeupandrelatedindustries.yuku. … list-Forum

Mar 21 11 08:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Tai MUA
Posts: 783
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I did one but I didn't put it on my port or resume. Just let you know money is really good better than my commercial rate and the same thing, they call me on the radio when they need me. I didn't do any touchup but they like to have us around, when they already paid our full day rate and plus it's not only one scene or set. It's alot of set. Therefore, since I get married... my husband doesn't want me to do so I don't.

It's just not as bad as everybody think it is.
Mar 21 11 08:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Tai MUA
Posts: 783
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Bethany Ruck Makeup wrote:
I don't think there is any delicate way to put this, but the thing that really concerned me about makeup for porn is cum shots. There it is; sperm all over someone's face or body. Is that the makeup artists job to clean up?

haha...lol

Mar 21 11 08:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Fillabula
Posts: 149
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


OOoooh...  Storytime!!! Storytime!!!

I was contacted by someone who got my name from a friend (who's also an MUA) by a producer who asked if I was interested in doing makeup for this film noir/Sin City style film and would I like to meet at starbucks to discuss over coffee.

So I go meet this guy, and he's actually really nice. He explains that it's a murder mystery that takes place in a brothel. This private investigator is trying to find clues to who killed the owner of the brothel by interviewing the girls who work there, and apparently he needed to sleep with them all too. I agreed. Then I read the script and I'm like, Holy Jeebus what did I just get myself into!? haha.

Thing is, sex aside, it was artistic. There was a nightclub scene where tons of extras were walking around in elaborate lingere and it was shot all desaturated except the drinks were bright colours, things like that. Also there were slit throats (the signature attack of the murderer), and one slit throat that needed a blood rig so we could see it happen on camera.

I was given a $900 cheque for supplies and I had two days to purchase what I needed and make a foam latex slit throat blood rig from scratch before we started shooting. Call time for day one was 7am, and we shot at a downtown nightclub with tons of extras. I brought an assistant that day and we were flying.

The lead actress that day was coming in from Seattle in the morning because she didn't play till later. Well she was denied entry to the country for some reason, and the producers actually found another lead from Calgary who was flown in that day and -unbelievably- made it to set. Even still, we didn't finish till 5am the next day. I remember it was 3am and I was applying a gelatin slit throat to a girl, and felt like death.

We had an 8 hour turn around and then we were on set throughout the night. It was a four day shoot that went 22 hrs - 16 hrs - 18 hrs - 20 hrs, with progressively less turn around. On day three, the slit throat blood rig went to play. It was the last thing we shot aaaannnddd the lining got clogged. I had to remove the prosthetic and go home (after 18 hours on set) and run more foam so we could go again on day 4. I slept for 2 hours that afternoon before our 6pm call time. Thank. God. It. Worked. Was the last thing we shot on day four as well. Last shot of the production.

I have never been tired before in my life until wrapping on that last day. I thought I knew what tired was. Nope. Now I know. And I've never experienced it since. We wrapped at 1pm.

The afterparty was at 9pm that night. The party was wicked, to say the least. Open bar serving porn star shots, and stripper poles, a pro DJ, lighting effects, etc. It was amazing.

It had been such a professional set. Nice experienced crew, AMAZING crafty, some beautiful shots.. and then there was sex between some of the characters, but that all happened closed set, a room cut off from the rest of the crew.

Then I had a chance to check my bank account. The $900 cheque (which was just an advance for the cost of the foam latex), had bounced. And I never got my paycheque. It's been messy since, and I'm still trying.

What a wear out.

/storytime.
Mar 21 11 09:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Body Painter
BodyPainter Rich
Posts: 17,859
Sacramento, California, US


SonoraImages wrote:
The responses have been very interesting!!! 

Would the MUA's responding in the negative be willing to do makeup for a corporate photo/video shoot of Bernard Madoff (he's ruined many people financially, and probably contributed to several suicides)?  What is the difference between that, and doing makeup for an "adult" shoot (photo or video)...with a professional photo staff, or even a GWC?  You're not participating in the activities of the models....just doing the makeup....

I just don't understand.....

The difference is that Makeup artists are up close and personal with the talent. It's also different in that bodymakeup requires one to be up close and personal ALL OVER. For this reason some MUA's are not comfortable working on adult "entertainers". Then there is the fact that some might not feel completely comfortable on a set with things that are going on.

There is a major difference as well, in your rather odd example. Some people have no moral objection to unbridled capitalism, some people have no moral objection to extra marital sex, and some people do, to each their own.

Mar 21 11 11:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Grace Beauty Artistry
Posts: 123
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Fillabula wrote:
OOoooh...  Storytime!!! Storytime!!!

I was contacted by someone who got my name from a friend (who's also an MUA) by a producer who asked if I was interested in doing makeup for this film noir/Sin City style film and would I like to meet at starbucks to discuss over coffee.

So I go meet this guy, and he's actually really nice. He explains that it's a murder mystery that takes place in a brothel. This private investigator is trying to find clues to who killed the owner of the brothel by interviewing the girls who work there, and apparently he needed to sleep with them all too. I agreed. Then I read the script and I'm like, Holy Jeebus what did I just get myself into!? haha.

Thing is, sex aside, it was artistic. There was a nightclub scene where tons of extras were walking around in elaborate lingere and it was shot all desaturated except the drinks were bright colours, things like that. Also there were slit throats (the signature attack of the murderer), and one slit throat that needed a blood rig so we could see it happen on camera.

I was given a $900 cheque for supplies and I had two days to purchase what I needed and make a foam latex slit throat blood rig from scratch before we started shooting. Call time for day one was 7am, and we shot at a downtown nightclub with tons of extras. I brought an assistant that day and we were flying.

The lead actress that day was coming in from Seattle in the morning because she didn't play till later. Well she was denied entry to the country for some reason, and the producers actually found another lead from Calgary who was flown in that day and -unbelievably- made it to set. Even still, we didn't finish till 5am the next day. I remember it was 3am and I was applying a gelatin slit throat to a girl, and felt like death.

We had an 8 hour turn around and then we were on set throughout the night. It was a four day shoot that went 22 hrs - 16 hrs - 18 hrs - 20 hrs, with progressively less turn around. On day three, the slit throat blood rig went to play. It was the last thing we shot aaaannnddd the lining got clogged. I had to remove the prosthetic and go home (after 18 hours on set) and run more foam so we could go again on day 4. I slept for 2 hours that afternoon before our 6pm call time. Thank. God. It. Worked. Was the last thing we shot on day four as well. Last shot of the production.

I have never been tired before in my life until wrapping on that last day. I thought I knew what tired was. Nope. Now I know. And I've never experienced it since. We wrapped at 1pm.

The afterparty was at 9pm that night. The party was wicked, to say the least. Open bar serving porn star shots, and stripper poles, a pro DJ, lighting effects, etc. It was amazing.

It had been such a professional set. Nice experienced crew, AMAZING crafty, some beautiful shots.. and then there was sex between some of the characters, but that all happened closed set, a room cut off from the rest of the crew.

Then I had a chance to check my bank account. The $900 cheque (which was just an advance for the cost of the foam latex), had bounced. And I never got my paycheque. It's been messy since, and I'm still trying.

What a wear out.

/storytime.

Wow...that sucks all that hard work for nothing I dont think I saw the story going like that...lol... After I was scammed like that I think twice when someone offers to pay me with check before I've done any work for them...
Sorry that happened to you but thats a great story and I'm sure you learned alot from it!

Mar 22 11 06:37 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Aeni
Posts: 1,968
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Bethany Ruck Makeup wrote:
I don't think there is any delicate way to put this, but the thing that really concerned me about makeup for porn is cum shots. There it is; sperm all over someone's face or body. Is that the makeup artists job to clean up?[/quote wrote:


You'd be surprised to know that even FX concoctions are used - I learned this from a former male lead now turned photographer.
Mar 22 11 08:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Enfire Photography
Posts: 1,488
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US


Diana wrote:
My advice, post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

http://makeupandrelatedindustries.yuku. … list-Forum

hmm
really?

Mar 22 11 10:09 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Bethany Ruck Makeup
Posts: 311
Los Angeles, California, US


Aeni wrote:
You'd be surprised to know that even FX concoctions are used - I learned this from a former male lead now turned photographer.

Hmmm... That's really interesting. I wonder what the ingredients are. smile

Mar 22 11 10:32 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BlackArts - Jenna Black
Posts: 4,100
Riverside, California, US


Kelly Ager MUA wrote:
I don't think it was a reputable company, probably just a man and his hand held camera!

The porn version of GWCs don't hire makeup artists, they just tell the girls to do it themselves.

Generally speaking there's not a lot of full-body makeup except perhaps blemish coverups. There's also never been a lot of sweating on any set I've seen. You certainly have the right to take or decline whatever work you like, but I think some of your assumptions about the porn industry are a little inaccurate.

Mar 22 11 10:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M Pandolfo Photography
Posts: 12,113
Tampa, Florida, US


Sam Cantu wrote:
if its not a professional company he is trying to add creditability to his project by having you there.  scary...

Would it be less scary if he didn't want to add credibility to the project? I'm not understanding why someone in the adult industry, regardless of company name recognition, is "scary" because he's attempting to hire another professional?

I'm not wholly versed in the adult industry but I'm willing to guess the majority of projects are not performed under the moniker of Vivid or other mega-companies in that industry. It's usually a few people with a small budget.

This question seems to come down to the preconceptions one might have about adult work in general. If you think it's skeevy to begin with, you're probably not going to feel comfortable taking the project, regardless of the source.

Mar 22 11 10:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BlackArts - Jenna Black
Posts: 4,100
Riverside, California, US


Bethany Ruck Makeup wrote:
I don't think there is any delicate way to put this, but the thing that really concerned me about makeup for porn is cum shots. There it is; sperm all over someone's face or body. Is that the makeup artists job to clean up?

First of all, many "money shots" aren't real sperm. A popular standin is pina colada mix.

Second of all, when is it ever your job to wash the models' faces?

Mar 22 11 11:07 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Diana
Posts: 2,372
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Diana wrote:
Kat, you shouldn't  have bumped this old thread. You should have started a new one 'cause as you can see, no one has even noticed your post to answer your questions... they're all too busy arguing their side.

My advice, post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

http://makeupandrelatedindustries.yuku. … list-Forum
Enfire Photography wrote:
hmm
really?

Yes, really.

There are 17 responses since Kat bumped this thread.  I posted the above and another 11 posts have been added and not ONE of them addresses her questions. 

Everyone has been too busy arguing their side to notice that this thread is 2 years old or that Kat was asking for help.

Mar 22 11 02:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Faith EnFire
Posts: 13,514
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US


my issue was not with the suggesting that she start a new thread
Mar 22 11 02:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Joy Adenuga
Posts: 96
London, England, United Kingdom


"Bronx Bruthas Invade Mars"

My tummy hurts from laughing so hard at this thread!!!!!

Mar 22 11 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Bethany Ruck Makeup
Posts: 311
Los Angeles, California, US


BlackArts - Jenna Black wrote:
Second of all, when is it ever your job to wash the models' faces?

Seriously? If something gets on the face/skin during a shoot it's the makeup artist who comes over and takes care of it.

Mar 22 11 05:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Victoria Vandal Makeup
Posts: 251
San Francisco, California, US


Bethany Ruck Makeup wrote:

Seriously? If something gets on the face/skin during a shoot it's the makeup artist who comes over and takes care of it.

Yes, but in this case the "something" that was on the models face was MEANT to be there. After the money shot, its a wrap. They're done. They clean their own faces and shower afterwards..
I have strict rules when I do adult films.. After they have been active in a scene I will not use my hands or brush on them until they are showered and sanitary.. Most dont even do 2nd scenes.. Sometimes it's a "paint-n-go" session. After doing all the talents makeup I am free to go.
My favorite part about doing adult films.. they don't give a ---- if the makeup gets messed up.. its supposed to.. its sex! I applaud anyone who keeps their makeup looking nice while having some good sex. wink

Mar 22 11 07:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Victoria Vandal Makeup
Posts: 251
San Francisco, California, US


Faith EnFire wrote:
my issue was not with the suggesting that she start a new thread

Starting a new thread would have been a more effective way to get a response because I didn't even notice that post. I would have definitely responded if I had. I don't see any arguing or "mayhem" here.. just comedic conversation on the subject. lol

Mar 22 11 07:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Victoria Vandal Makeup
Posts: 251
San Francisco, California, US


Joy Adenuga wrote:
"Bronx Bruthas Invade Mars"

My tummy hurts from laughing so hard at this thread!!!!!

^this

Mar 22 11 07:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
cloud nine artistry
Posts: 258
Sacramento, California, US


SonoraImages wrote:
The responses have been very interesting!!! 

Would the MUA's responding in the negative be willing to do makeup for a corporate photo/video shoot of Bernard Madoff (he's ruined many people financially, and probably contributed to several suicides)?  What is the difference between that, and doing makeup for an "adult" shoot (photo or video)...with a professional photo staff, or even a GWC?  You're not participating in the activities of the models....just doing the makeup....

I just don't understand.....

+1

Mar 22 11 11:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Davis W
Posts: 1,272
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

Not really. Its boring as hell there. Old threads, some of them months old. Very few new threads. The "pros" post here and there, but not much substance. I fall asleep reading the threads, its the same as here, but even less people.

And to state that the "pros" went to Emmes boards, is to discredit the "pros" that are still here. Just because Roshar and Anthony left doesnt mean this board has nothing to offer. I like them both, but they are just 2 dudes. Srsly Diana, you only add to the mayhem when you diss the rest of us who stay on to help here.
Mar 23 11 12:46 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
studio36uk
Posts: 21,536
Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna


Kelly Ager MUA wrote:
I had a creepy man call me this morning - he said he was wondering if i was still looking for freelance work, and as I always am I said yes.

He then went on to say he had a project in a few weeks coming up, he said its a little bit different as its an adult film!

I instantly said no, its like the word fell out of my mouth!

What difference does it make that it was an adult film project as opposed to, say, a mainstream film project with a lot of nude / sex scenes? [that's almost anything for ITV - LOL] Work is work - paid is paid.

Personally, I'll shoot, literally, anything legal as long as the cheque clears.

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
I'm not understanding why someone in the adult industry, regardless of company name recognition, is "scary" because he's attempting to hire another professional?

THIS ^^^ exactly this ^^^

Studio36

Mar 23 11 02:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
William Steel
Posts: 639
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


I'm pretty sure you just passed up a chill and lucrative gig.
Mar 23 11 03:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nadirah B
Posts: 28,521
Los Angeles, California, US


DavisWebb wrote:
post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

Not really. Its boring as hell there. Old threads, some of them months old. Very few new threads. The "pros" post here and there, but not much substance. I fall asleep reading the threads, its the same as here, but even less people.

And to state that the "pros" went to Emmes boards, is to discredit the "pros" that are still here. Just because Roshar and Anthony left doesnt mean this board has nothing to offer. I like them both, but they are just 2 dudes. Srsly Diana, you only add to the mayhem when you diss the rest of us who stay on to help here.

x100

2 people out of how many? It would have made more sense to say, "start a new thread" rather than trying to draw people to the other site through here while saying how all the pros left this one.

Diana is still posting here though... hmm

Find that kind of rude and unnecessary.

Mar 23 11 04:05 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Diana
Posts: 2,372
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


DavisWebb wrote:
post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

Not really. Its boring as hell there. Old threads, some of them months old. Very few new threads. The "pros" post here and there, but not much substance. I fall asleep reading the threads, its the same as here, but even less people.

And to state that the "pros" went to Emmes boards, is to discredit the "pros" that are still here. Just because Roshar and Anthony left doesnt mean this board has nothing to offer. I like them both, but they are just 2 dudes. Srsly Diana, you only add to the mayhem when you diss the rest of us who stay on to help here.

Look who's calling the kettle black.  Davis, you are the king of dissing on this board.

If you don't like Em's, that's fine but I find it quite ironic that you have no problem dissing her board while trying to make a point about me.

I did not say ALL the pros had moved over to Em's.  I said 'most' and it's true. 

This thread gets longer and longer and those that claim to know the 'adult' business have still not given Kat any assistance.

Mar 23 11 04:36 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Diana
Posts: 2,372
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Nadirah B wrote:
Diana is still posting here though... hmm

Find that kind of rude and unnecessary.

Has anyone helped Kat yet Nadirah?   

And as to my 'still posting here', this is the only thread I've participated in of late and already I'm regretting it.

Mar 23 11 04:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,524
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


Funny "adult" makeup artist story in this Oprah clip with Jenny McCarthy

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-Jenn … fold-Video
Mar 23 11 05:08 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Faith EnFire
Posts: 13,514
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US


Nadirah B wrote:
[2 people out of how many? It would have made more sense to say, "start a new thread" rather than trying to draw people to the other site through here while saying how all the pros left this one.

Diana is still posting here though... hmm

Find that kind of rude and unnecessary.

ah there is the point. it seemed to be missing yesterday
Bumper. have you considered getting references for the guy?

Mar 23 11 09:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Maja Stina
Posts: 3,619
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland


I don't see why that's abnormal at all! Someone has to do the makeup for an adult film. You should PM me his details so I can offer to do it. LOL

But in all serious, I'd totally do the makeup for porn. Awesomesauce.

Not if I had to put makeup on fannies but I doubt that's what it is. But I know NOTHING of the porn industry, so I'd imagine that comment I made is completely ignorant!

Oh and I JUST wanted to add that I'd only do it for companies that are reputable. I don't condone unsafe sex and would want to make sure the girls aren't just tricked into things.

But I'd die if I could ever work for Belladonna. OMG, that would be SO epic! big_smile
Mar 23 11 09:57 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
LizW_Makeup
Posts: 1,621
Boston, Massachusetts, US


yikes

I did it. I read the WHOLE THING.

I actually think there has been some useful advice folded into this thread, from people who have actually worked on the sets and answered the questions about touch-ups and longwear products (Victoria Vandal, Makeuptogo, etc.) - although, admittedly, some of the advice that would be relevant to Kat actually preceded the thread-bump.

But I appreciate seeing SOME content, and I even learned something: that I may never be able to drink a piƱa colada again!
Mar 23 11 09:59 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Victoria Vandal Makeup
Posts: 251
San Francisco, California, US


F

Blitz Visage wrote:
Sorry but i have to roll up this thread. I was just offered to do Makeup and Hair on a aprox. 10 day adult film shoot next month. Pays well. Not even thinking about it if i wanna do it or not cause I do want to.
My only question is what products you use to make makeup stay or little tricks and hints for body makeup etc? Anything helps so Im prepped for that.
I will also get a chance to intern before the shoot to go and assist.
Thanks!
KAT

Hey kat, as mentioned before.. long lasting lipstick.  Please, don't put bright or bold lipstick on the actress. Id suggest a neutral and slightly tinted lip stain. They are sucking you know what and we don't wanna see lipstick on the ya.. sorry, I don't know how else to say it.
Don't over do the makeup, a nice smokey eye will do. Remember, they are going to be naked. Check the bum and legs for any pimples and flaws.. sometimes ill have them lather themselves up in body foundation that doesn't transfer easily. It urks me to see pimples on butts go untouched. Also, what genre of porn are you doing makeup for? This makes a huge difference.
If its bondage, a bright red lipstick that will PURPOSELY get messed up adds for dramatic effect. If its gang bang, a lot of directors like the eyeliner to be runny.
However, for classic porn I do a very pretty and subtle look on the actresses.. smokey eyes, false lashes, perfect skin, nude lips, ect.
Sometimes the makeup gets messed up and other times it doesn't. Its no big deal if it does(its sex), but yes, u want to make it last longer.
Getting the directors insight is always a must. Do up some face charts before hand.
Have strict rules for yourself..
If you don't feel comfortable touching them up during a scene then don't! Let them know BEFORE HAND exactly what u feel comfortable doing.

I know this sounds funny, but id recommend getting out notebook paper, picking up some porn dvds, and take notes.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Mar 23 11 01:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Victoria Vandal Makeup
Posts: 251
San Francisco, California, US


Michael Bots wrote:
Funny "adult" makeup artist story in this Oprah clip with Jenny McCarthy

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-Jenn … fold-Video

Thats for Playboy MAGAZINE.. Doing makeup for a nude photoshoot is WAY different than doing makeup for an Adult FILM.

Mar 23 11 02:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Davis W
Posts: 1,272
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Well, I know that my posting style has been really off key at times and caused unncessary controversy Diana. And for that i really do regret those posts. And I never intended any disrespect for you especially, you are one of the finest artists on here and in no way can I compare my small body of work to yours or any of the senior artists on here.

And I do support Emmes boards and wish them great success. I just dont want to see a migration over there because of a couple of relatively benign threads here.
Mar 23 11 03:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Blend Make-Up Artistry
Posts: 9
Bethesda, Maryland, US


I was JUST having this conversation the other day. Without sounding like I'm selling my soul, there is a lot of money in that industry...
Mar 23 11 06:55 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Makeup Artist
Mary
Posts: 7,117
Coronado, California, US


DavisWebb wrote:
post to Em's board where most of the pros have moved over to. You'll get proper advice without all the 'mayhem'.

Not really. Its boring as hell there. Old threads, some of them months old. Very few new threads. The "pros" post here and there, but not much substance. I fall asleep reading the threads, its the same as here, but even less people.

And to state that the "pros" went to Emmes boards, is to discredit the "pros" that are still here. Just because Roshar and Anthony left doesnt mean this board has nothing to offer. I like them both, but they are just 2 dudes. Srsly Diana, you only add to the mayhem when you diss the rest of us who stay on to help here.

there are a few pros on both boards the biggest difference is that you don't have the non pro nonsense on Emelle board and in fact the non-pro's are afraid for the most part to even post because we clearly don't take much nonsense, you won't see hobbyist photographers and models giving out makeup advice...they could (anyone can post there)  but they just see the board, read a bit and understand this isn't a place they would get away with being idiots so in a sense, it can get boring just like school can get boring without the disruptive kids but you learn more without the disruptions...  anyone that wants real answers to real industry issues would learn more there... anyone wanting to have fun, hook up or  just argue do better here.

Mar 24 11 01:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Zuri Tamayo
Posts: 28
Los Angeles, California, US


SonoraImages wrote:
The responses have been very interesting!!! 

Would the MUA's responding in the negative be willing to do makeup for a corporate photo/video shoot of Bernard Madoff (he's ruined many people financially, and probably contributed to several suicides)?  What is the difference between that, and doing makeup for an "adult" shoot (photo or video)...with a professional photo staff, or even a GWC?  You're not participating in the activities of the models....just doing the makeup....

I just don't understand.....
Elizabeth Lakomsky wrote:
Pretty silly of you to refuse, if you ask me. Give him my info...lol
The adult industry pays very well, and artists that do it use pseudonyms so that their name is unrecognized. It's bread and butter work, sort of like weddings (minus the clothes...lol)
I'd do it in a heartbeat. And as for him sounding creepy like he's with a hand held camera, what's it to you? As long as you're safe (that's paramount) and the check clears, I don't see the problem. Of course, if he was offering it up "TFP", then it's just too funny... ....

AMEN! As long as the check clears! I'd do a corporate video, or an adult video, and anything in between. For a rate. Period.

Ive done an adult film before and its not that bad as it seems. Yea just the thought might be weird & a tad bit uncomfortable but damm its good money, simple as that!!! And I don't know about any checks, I DONT DO CHECKS, EEVEER!!!!  CASH MONEYY BABY!  Cash money on the spot. Its just as any other shoot, while your doing makeup & hair, the photographers are setting up. I personally didn't stay 'for the scene, or film' so on regards to that, I was good. I got there, set-up, Did the make up and was out!  I was actually very shocked to find out & see that they are soooo attentive and welcoming. Extremely friendly. All they want to do is make you feel at home, if that makes any sense. Definitely a different experience for me. And I would do it anytime, its good, quick, easy and fast money!!!!!   

I would recommend that if you don't want to stay (as many would not) just let them know ahead of time or just say you have somewhere to go after,  and they will understand and shall respect that. Its really not that bad.

Mar 24 11 08:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Zuri Tamayo
Posts: 28
Los Angeles, California, US


Ooh and aLWays, ALWAYS  let someone know where your going, where your at and with who! Location, name, as much info as possible. Just to feel safe. Have someone text you or call you in between to make sure everything's good. Just my thoughts.!
Mar 24 11 08:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
A J mua
Posts: 251
San Antonio, Texas, US


Ohhh How did I miss this topic!! A life ago, when I was studying make up, a HS friend of mine asked me if i wanted to work with her in a high end strip club, few hours for 100pounds, I didnt even think, i grabbed it! It was great experience(for a student having about 10 faces a night, is great!) ,  about 4 hours work,  quick cash to build my kit and the strippers were tipping us an average of 20pounds each!!. Sadly, the club changed management and cut the luxury of having the stylists...ohh I miss that quick money!! As for adult movies today, i wouldn't say yes straight away neither no...i'll have to get more info!
Mar 24 11 09:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kozmina
Posts: 6,533
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


As a model who has done adult films, my only comment is that an MUA does make-up n hair before the shoot starts n generally leaves when shes done.Never had a MUA do retouch or put make-up on anything other than my face smile
And from what I heard,it pays VERY well wink
Mar 25 11 11:51 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
kelly odells
Posts: 2
Leicester, England, United Kingdom


i wanna know if it has been successful and is there any work for me, id love it lol ,,
Jun 18 11 06:18 pm  Link  Quote 
first1234last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers