login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Models who absolutely don't do nudes .... Search   Reply
first7891011last
Photographer
JimBobLc
Posts: 199
Martinsburg, West Virginia, US


Seems like a waste of time to persuade someone who clearly says no. Also very likely to sour the mood. Who cares if she has a nude in her port, if she says she isn't shooting nudes, she isn't shooting nudes. For my own interest, I wouldn't want to argue with a model finally convince her to shoot nudes then at last minute have her get cold feet and not show up. I suppose if I was just dying to photograph someone nude I could do some non-nude shoots with her then build rapport and see if she changes her mind. But seems like a lot of work with uncertain results.
Feb 14 13 07:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DMesser Photography
Posts: 1,288
Oceanside, California, US


Amelia Talon wrote:

If they are Playmates, for 2 years after their month is non-negotiable. I've heard of other girls who were also under contract, but unsure if this is true and for which titles.
That and some girls want to wait it out for Playmate, in some cases it could hinder their worth to Playboy.

I checked out your profile Amelia, and am very impressed.  You are gorgeous, and can easily see why you were in Playboy.  But, also, your profile is also very clear.  And i'm sure when your contract is up, and you will be up to doing nudes again.  Keep up the great work.

Feb 14 13 08:02 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Big A-Larger Than Life
Posts: 33,410
The Woodlands, Texas, US


DavidCoward Photography wrote:

Buy me lunch at Taco Bell and I'll go butt naked. wink

Buy me a Happy Meal with a cool toy and some chocolate milk and I'll go taco naked.

Feb 14 13 08:28 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
ShuttingDown
Posts: 68
Crystal Lake, Illinois, US


Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
Buy me a Happy Meal with a cool toy and some chocolate milk and I'll go taco naked.

LOL!

Feb 14 13 02:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,649
Salinas, California, US


DavidCoward Photography wrote:
Buy me lunch at Taco Bell and I'll go butt naked. wink

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
Buy me a Happy Meal with a cool toy and some chocolate milk and I'll go taco naked.

OMG!  This is a zombie thread ... I should know, I posted it and left a long time ago!

But this exchange of posts is well worth it!!!!   lol

Feb 14 13 02:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hi_Spade Photography
Posts: 897
Darlington, South Carolina, US


Someone must have used the "search" function and found a old thread smile.
Feb 14 13 02:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cherrystone
Posts: 36,514
Columbus, Ohio, US


Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:

Buy me a Happy Meal with a cool toy and some chocolate milk and I'll go taco naked.

How'z about I throw in a blow up doll of Cartman with that? big_smile

Feb 14 13 02:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Greeneyed Goddess
Posts: 224
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


I changed my mind about posing nude when a couple of very talented and high quality photographers asked me to pose nude.

I guess their talent has persuaded me. smile

I rarely do nudes now, only for the projects/photogs that I admire.
Feb 15 13 10:08 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Oscar Partida
Posts: 732
San Diego, California, US


Because Playboy = exposure = fame =success (in some cases)

And shooting nudes with an unknown photographer doesn't mean a lot
Feb 15 13 10:13 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Leone P
Posts: 515
Batley, England, United Kingdom


I have always said no to nudes. With no negotiation.

For lots of reasons. A few of which are:

- My body is miserable compared to most nude llamas.
- I have also done it out of respect to my husband, despite him being cool with it.
- I always associated nude with page 3 girls, before i joined MM that is!

etc etc etc.

However, after having had a chat with a photographer for quite a while and exchanging comments on nudes, why i dont do them and having him put my mind at rest about insecurities etc.. I am going to try artistic/ implied with him. Simply because i feel i should atleast try it, i may enjoy it. I have built a rapport with said photographer and his work is immense.

Who knows, i may never do it again but atleast i know what im saying no to.
Feb 15 13 02:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art of the nude
Posts: 11,868
Olivet, Michigan, US


Leone P wrote:
I have always said no to nudes. With no negotiation.

For lots of reasons. A few of which are:

- My body is miserable compared to most nude models.
- I have also done it out of respect to my husband, despite him being cool with it.
- I always associated nude with page 3 girls, before i joined MM that is!

etc etc etc.

However, after having had a chat with a photographer for quite a while and exchanging comments on nudes, why i dont do them and having him put my mind at rest about insecurities etc.. I am going to try artistic/ implied with him. Simply because i feel i should atleast try it, i may enjoy it. I have built a rapport with said photographer and his work is immense.

Who knows, i may never do it again but atleast i know what im saying no to.

I had a long talk with a model before the shoot, where she made it very clear that she was fine with "nude on set" but simply wanted the images to only be implied.  Given her look and stats, that worked for me.

Then, she showed up, and after we talked for a few minutes, she informed that she would be fine with full nudes.  smile  Happens once in a while, and it's flattering.  But it has to be the model's idea.

Feb 15 13 07:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Julian W I L D E
Posts: 1,829
Portland, Oregon, US


I consider such to be "non-negotiable" as well.  It creates the perfect "no fly zone" for 2 people who just shouldn't be working together.  ;-)

-JULIAN
Feb 15 13 07:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Melle Gabriella
Posts: 7
Raleigh, North Carolina, US


There isn't enough money to get me naked
Feb 16 13 04:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Fine Wine
Posts: 226
Orange, California, US


I have two profiles here on MM.  My main porfolio says no nudes.  This is the portfolio that is connected with my name. It may be viewed by co-workers, family, friends that don't know I do nudes.

Then I have this porfolio that does not have my name connected to it in anyway. My hubby knows about this port, but no one outside of MM does.

I can see models saying "No Nudes" even if they are open to it.  It is much easier to say yes to a photographer that you are interested in working with.  But if you say you shoot nudes...you may get a bunch of GWC requests that you don't want to do.  So it is easier to turn these offers down if you just say you don't do nudes.
Feb 16 13 09:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art of the nude
Posts: 11,868
Olivet, Michigan, US


Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
Buy me a Happy Meal with a cool toy and some chocolate milk and I'll go taco naked.

That works for me.  smile

Feb 16 13 11:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John Carman
Posts: 369
San Francisco, California, US


Kaia Murphy alluded to this early on, but I think it bears repeating. I think it's not uncommon for models to check "no" to nudes not because they aren't willing to shoot them, but because checking "yes" attracts lots of unsavory messages and propositions. And probably a lot of the wrong photographers.


Knowing this, I don't take the box checked "no" as an absolute. Sometimes the model says "no" to nudes but is fine with implieds. The lines around genres and "rules" in photography are like noodles. Sometimes the model's portfolio gives the truest hint of her inclinations. I do honor the "no" and move on when the model repeats it in her profile.
Feb 16 13 11:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 3,036
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Patrick Walberg wrote:
If you are a model who doesn't do nudes, is this non negotiable or ... do you have a price?   The details of this question would be if a photographer of the quality that you admire were to offer you any amount of money (within reason), is there a dollar amount that would get you to change your mind? 

The reason for this question is that another photographer and I were discussing if models were absolutely "non-negotiable" on nudity or if there are some that could be persuaded with the right amount of money?

... Discuss!

Hi just updating.

At this update I still check no to nudes but not because of money but because I prefer to initiate those shoots and I am a tf model only.

My port is half nudes and those 12 pics are first.

Jen

Feb 17 13 06:25 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 3,036
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Melle Gabriella  wrote:
There isn't enough money to get me naked

well, then you surely shouldnt

Feb 17 13 06:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MrTim
Posts: 410
Norwich, England, United Kingdom


The most confusing one I've ever seen was a model who won't shoot beyond implied nude (and to be fair doesn't include any shots beyond that), but includes links to her http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/88-90_Ford_Escort_Wagon.jpg/120px-88-90_Ford_Escort_Wagon.jpg profile from her modelling website; doesn't want any nude photos of herself out there, but is happy for anyone looking her up to know that she'll sleep with you for cash. I guess she's got her reasons, but it just seems somehow illogical!
Feb 19 13 03:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Fae Lynn
Posts: 68
Eustis, Florida, US


I list NO under nudes but in my profile I state that I would do implied. To me implied or artistic doesn't hold the same risk as shooting full nude or erotic to my future career plans. Besides, I'm not comfortable with having nudes floating around the internet.
Feb 19 13 03:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tim Media
Posts: 95
Columbia, Missouri, US


First to answer your question.  First look at the model's page.  Does she have a page full of credits?   Does she have a consistent portfolio.  Is it more than OBVIOUS she knows what she's doing? If that is the case, I would not deviate from what she is already doing.

But if that's not the case with the model you are trying to work with, just assume that model doesn't know exactly what she is trying to do, even if it says so in her profile.  Models think they can rewrite the modeling industry with what they want to do and be successful. The industry is already built, all you have to do is work it to it's entirety. 

Most models (even photographers) typically don't have a plan.  A business plan.  THIS IS A BUSINESS!  How can you be successful if you don't have a business plan.  Or is this just a hobby?

So yeah, ask her whatever?  But make it consistent with the modeling trends.  You would not ask a model who is 5'8" to do a nude shoot, she has a better chance in the fashion industry.  You may ask a model who is 5'2" to do a shoot a little more sexier, even nude.  (Glamour)  That's her market.

Now you will always have a large portion of models who say, I'm not doing this, or I'm not doing that.  That's on them, move on, but don't be afraid to ask.  You got to look at it as if they are not saying no to you, they are saying no to industry standards and trends.  The most successful Fashion models are 5'8" and above, AND they relocate to the major fashion markets.  The most successful glamour models do nude shoots.  THAT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Don't waste your time with hobbyists.  Hobbyist think it's their way instead of industry standards and trends.  The best models I've worked with are ones who were VERY, VERY, VERY experienced and they usually charge, and brand new models.  Everyone in between seems to be still searching!!!! LMAO  If you are working with a model (or photographer), and they are not trying to bring in revenue, from either fashion or glamour, or other areas of the industry, they are hobbyists.


PS.  As many models that I have shoot nude, or who have shot nude with others, I have never heard of a situation where they didn't get a job or got fired because they did a nude shoot.  If you are a model, and you are worried what people think, you are in the wrong business.

........don't believe me? Check it out @ www.newmodels.com
Feb 19 13 06:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Rayne Tupelo
Posts: 21
Louisa, Virginia, US


TheLittleG Photography wrote:

that is what i am talking about, in my post, there are some model profiles that say that
"NO NUDES, DON'T EVEN ASK"   and when you look at there "lists" and they have one titled "Photos I want to recreate"  and there are nude photos in it.
so if you look at the photos in the list it would tell me they will do nudes but there words say they will not...

why don't they say  "i will only do nudes with select photographers"?

Re: lists with nude photos -- I do almost exclusively nudes and I sometimes add clothed photos to my lists, not because I want to recreate a photo with clothes on, but because I like to pose and think the pose would look great nude.  So there might be something else she's getting out of the photo besides the nudity.  Just a thought.

Feb 20 13 08:14 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Green Line Photo
Posts: 66
New York, New York, US


Nico Simon Princely wrote:

It amazes me the ignorance some people have of the the psychology behind what drives people and the inability to read the entire sentence I wrote.

What part of "(and other women)" did you miss regarding lesbians.

Yes part of self-esteem for most people, male and female is feeling sexually desirable to the opposite sex or the sex you are attracted to. If doubt this you're clueless. This is why sex is used in advertising and has been proven to sell products.

"Oh if I buy that's I'll be more attractive."
"If I wear that women will want me"
"My ass looks better in those heels"
"That car is a pussy magnet"

C'mon does any one think women wear heels that hurt like hell because they fell good and just  to walk around the house in, hell no they wear them because it make their ass look better and the looks sexy on their feet. And I know tons of men that got tattoos because "Girl like guys with tats"
" and not to be more attractive.

And once again I'm not judging the actions only pointing out the obvious motivation behind it and the link to Self-Esteem pleaure of seeing oneself look good.

I'm no exception. I love when I look good in a picture. I don't workout like I do and take care of myself because I don't care how I look.

Most people are clueless about this stuff.   It's useless to try to argue with them.

Feb 23 13 09:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Igmar Photography
Posts: 42
New York, New York, US


If I'm considering a model and she states that she won't do nudes in her bio or on here, I do not use them even if I'm not shooting nudes.

You never see such talk from agency models or professionals. They're models, they do nude. No big deal.
Feb 24 13 09:16 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 3,036
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Newest update is that not only do I have the box checked no but, I requested to be added to the "Nude models list"

Jen

Igmar Photography wrote:
If I'm considering a model and she states that she won't do nudes in her bio or on here, I do not use them even if I'm not shooting nudes.

You never see such talk from agency models or professionals. They're models, they do nude. No big deal.

I'm using an alias due to my current work contract. I'm also checking no because of being on the receiving end of offers to shoot nude with folks whose messaging verges on harassment.
However, I respect that folks do not want to shoot because of a clicked box, the same as they do not want to shoot because of ink. Its your preference. Good for you.

Feb 24 13 02:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sarah Louise Gater
Posts: 312
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom


Some people will say I should do nudes, but for me it's not about money. I wouldn't walk around naked in my house nevermind infront of a photographer. It's about comfort and if I don't feel comfortable how could I get a good image? I find some nude images really beautiful and well done to those girls that can do nudes and do them beautifully well!
Feb 24 13 02:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
James Pickering
Posts: 14
Reading, England, United Kingdom


Small Fruit Pits wrote:
Yeah.....persuading is not really cool, particularly doing so with money.

It's tacky, and akin to bribery.

This.

Well said.

Feb 24 13 02:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Adele Koker
Posts: 58
Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)


Images by MR wrote:
I don't understand the need to try and persuaded a model who doesn't wish to shoot nudes to shoot nudes.  I mean aren't their enough models on MM willing to do nudes either for tf or paid ?/

Just my thoughts ~ MR

Agreed. I don't do nudes at all. No ammount of exposure and money will change my mind. It's a set standard and I won't drop it. I don't need to write an essay on why i don't. It's a personal choice. Accept it and move on.

I have a friend who would do anything in this indistry for money.

Getting naked for money is just too comparible to prostitution. It makes no sense. If you do nude do it. If you don't, don't. Put a pricetag on it and it makes you look like a wallmart item.

People ask me, I say no. Some try and bitch about it. I ignore. There are many willing girls i. The industry.

Feb 24 13 06:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mike Adams Photos
Posts: 1,217
Cleveland, Ohio, US


Adele Koker wrote:
Getting naked for money is just too comparible to prostitution. It makes no sense. If you do nude do it. If you don't, don't. Put a pricetag on it and it makes you look like a wallmart item.

Here we go...

Feb 24 13 06:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,656
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Adele Koker wrote:
Agreed. I don't do nudes at all. No ammount of exposure and money will change my mind. It's a set standard and I won't drop it. I don't need to write an essay on why i don't. It's a personal choice. Accept it and move on.

I have a friend who would do anything in this indistry for money.

Getting naked for money is just too comparible to prostitution. It makes no sense. If you do nude do it. If you don't, don't. Put a pricetag on it and it makes you look like a wallmart item.



People ask me, I say no. Some try and bitch about it. I ignore. There are many willing girls i. The industry.

No it isn't!  They are very different!
You are insulting nude models!!!

Feb 24 13 06:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Adele Koker
Posts: 58
Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)


Melle Gabriella  wrote:
There isn't enough money to get me naked

Respect!!! And seconded

Feb 24 13 06:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Adele Koker
Posts: 58
Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)


Igmar Photography wrote:
If I'm considering a model and she states that she won't do nudes in her bio or on here, I do not use them even if I'm not shooting nudes.

You never see such talk from agency models or professionals. They're models, they do nude. No big deal.

That's a misconception. I know so many professional models who don't do nude at all. They do lingerie, swimsuit and glamour, but tey don't do nude and they are agency representes and well paid models. I don't know of this is a set rule in the States, but it's certainly not an internatuonal rule that a modelis obligates to do nude.

Feb 24 13 06:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,656
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Melle Gabriella  wrote:
There isn't enough money to get me naked

I don't need to get you naked.  There are many other models who will pose nude!   big_smile

Feb 24 13 06:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,656
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Adele Koker wrote:

That's a misconception. I know so many professional models who don't do nude at all. They do lingerie, swimsuit and glamour, but tey don't do nude and they are agency representes and well paid models. I don't know of this is a set rule in the States, but it's certainly not an internatuonal rule that a modelis obligates to do nude.

I have photographed foreign models nude.

Feb 24 13 06:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JM Collins Photography
Posts: 13
Mabank, Texas, US


Images by MR wrote:
I don't understand the need to try and persuaded a llama who doesn't wish to shoot nudes to shoot nudes.  I mean aren't their enough llamas on MM willing to do nudes either for tf or paid ?/

Just my thoughts ~ MR

Just a side note, but I have come across profiles of llamas that say No Nudes or Implied Nude and then you look at their portfolio and there are implied nudes, I think it is more of a case to ward off the pervs instead of always a firm no.

Feb 24 13 06:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Adele Koker
Posts: 58
Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)


Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I don't need to get you naked.  There are many other models who will pose nude!   big_smile

Exactly!!! The thing is also that there are so many young ones who believe hat if they get naked, they'll become agency represented. The sad reality is that the vast majority of models get refused daily and where does it leave them. An unprofessional model with butt naked limages all over the internet for the world to see and still no contract. I can't imagine how that could ever be a good idea.

Feb 24 13 06:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,656
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Adele Koker wrote:

Exactly!!! The thing is also that there are so many young ones who believe hat if they get naked, they'll become agency represented. The sad reality is that the vast majority of models get refused daily and where does it leave them. An unprofessianal model woth butt named images all over the internet for the world to see and still no contract. I can't imagine how that could ever be a good idea.

I have photographed 40 year old models nude.  It's not only young models who pose nude.

Feb 24 13 06:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Adele Koker
Posts: 58
Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)


Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I have photographed 40 year old models nude.  It's not only young models who pose nude.

You like putting words in my mouth. Did I say older women don't do nudes? Did I say international models don't do nudes? I am saying it is not a prerequisite for models who want to be represented by agencies. I am saying that people think it's a one way ticket to an agency and it really is not. Regardless of a person'a willingness to do nude or not, a model needs something special and yes, good features and stats to get into an agency.  What now happens is the less fortunate girls with regards to looks and length, think that they should only go naked and they will get in regardless. THAT is the biggest misconception in this industry...

Feb 24 13 06:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Julian W I L D E
Posts: 1,829
Portland, Oregon, US


When a model's profile says "I will not do nudes," and they have nudes in their port...  What they're REALLY saying is "maybe."  And at the end of the day, isn't that the sexiest answer?  ;-)

-JULIAN
Feb 24 13 06:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
TouchofEleganceStudios
Posts: 5,169
Upland, California, US


OMG. It would be too http://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngto put out nude pics of me. Imagine how many people would be having night mares.
Feb 24 13 06:50 pm  Link  Quote 
first7891011last   Search   Reply