Forums > General Industry > International Photography Awards

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oh my!

Anybody know if there is an International Photography Award for "best Clock Shot"?

Jun 14 07 03:06 pm Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

Jun 14 07 03:07 pm Link

Model

Elle

Marshfield, Wisconsin, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Oh my!

Anybody know if there is an International Photography Award for "best Clock Shot"?

Jun 14 07 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:
This is no longer dealing with a clueless newbie or GWC. This is a real, unbalanced individual.

I was with Outlaw at Panera Bread just this morning. I had the Dutch Apple bagle, toasted with cream cheese and a small decaf. He had a Pineapple Upside Down cake and a glass of orange juice. He said he was worried about you. He felt you were unbalanced. Gosh darnit! Who to believe?

Jun 14 07 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
He had a Pineapple Upside Down cake

Suspicions confirmed.

Jun 14 07 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Olaf Mueller Photograph wrote:
In case no one has noticed. The real International Photography Awards can be found at
www.photoawards.com

Famous photographers participate there.

Olaf, sure, they're famous. But they're not "professional"! wink

Jun 14 07 03:56 pm Link

Model

annachristine

Minneapolis, Kansas, US

I am brand new to MM and today have never felt luckier to be lurking about this forum. I had scheduled a shoot with the aforementioned "photographer" and have since canceled, blocked, and asked for no more contact.

Just wanted to say thank you for preventing me from making a huge mistake. It's lovely to be surrounded by so many talented and truly intelligent individuals.

Jun 14 07 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

slave to the lens

Woodland Hills, California, US

annachristine wrote:
I am brand new to MM and today have never felt luckier to be lurking about this forum. I had scheduled a shoot with the aforementioned "photographer" and have since canceled, blocked, and asked for no more contact.

Just wanted to say thank you for preventing me from making a huge mistake. It's lovely to be surrounded by so many talented and truly intelligent individuals.

Does anyone owe you anything for those compliments? I mean, what's the cost? You're not saying it because it's true... If so, can I frame this?

Jun 14 07 04:06 pm Link

Model

annachristine

Minneapolis, Kansas, US

slave to the lens wrote:
Does anyone owe you anything for those compliments? I mean, what's the cost? You're not saying it because it's true... If so, can I frame this?

Yep, it's true. But you still owe me an award for Nicest Newbie Lurker.

Jun 14 07 04:11 pm Link

Model

Elle

annachristine wrote:

Yep, it's true. But you still owe me an award for Nicest Newbie Lurker.

sent you a message

Jun 14 07 04:12 pm Link

Model

Elle

Jun 14 07 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Oh my!

Great, another award I'll never win!

Jun 14 07 05:31 pm Link

Model

Elle

haha i dont think you want to win it tongue

Jun 14 07 09:28 pm Link

Model

Elle

Jun 15 07 12:23 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:
Great, another award I'll never win!

You got clock blocked.

Jun 15 07 03:39 am Link

Photographer

Paul Brecht

Colton, California, US

annachristine wrote:

You wanna shoot? I have some awards...

smile...

Paul

Jun 15 07 03:43 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

Outlaw Photography wrote:
It was libelously said that my awards are scams on an earlier thread.  Well Modelmayhem # 605 was a lecturer at this years convention, hosted by the organization who issued the awards.  Click the link.

http://www.picture.com/convention/index.asp

The awards are paper. I have pictured photographs of the trophy I could have bought, as it bears my name. The trophies are offered to comemorate the award.  The trophies are not the award . . .

Greetings Outlaw Photography,

I was a little bit confused by your post above and the forum thread title mentioning "International Photography Awards".  You also mention them in your profile:

"I have been blessed with Three International Photography Awards In Three Consecutive Years! 2004, 2005, 2006"

I am wondering if these are pertaining to the IPA, which IS called the "International Photography Awards".  If this is indeed the same contest on which I was nominated (not won, but nominated) in the Non-Pro categories of "Beauty" and "Fashion" in 2005, could you please provide the link that mentions your name - as the link below mentions mine in those two respective categories?:

http://www.photoawards.com/05/contests/2005honors.asp

Once upon a time, I too entered the contest held by the "International Library of Photography" that you mention in your profile:

"Named one of the Best Photographers of 2005 by the International Library of Photography."

I found that they pick one of your images to "win" - and then basically try to sell you a hardbound catalogue with your "winning image" in it.  I don't remember who their judges were, but they were far less impressive than the judges at the IPA who (this year) include:

Lawrence Azerrad - Lawrence Azerrad Design | Los Angeles, CA

Susan Baraz - Photo Consultant | Los Angeles, CA

Jigisha Bouverat - Senior Art Buyer | TBWA Chiat Day | Los Angeles, CA

Stefan G. Bucher - 344 Design | Los Angeles, CA

Stacy Burstin - Art Director | Rhythm and Hues | Los Angeles, CA

Janet Botaish - Photography Agent | Los Angeles, CA

Claudio Castellacci - Art Director | Rizzoli Publications | Italy

Ron Ceballos - BUREAU Los Angeles | Los Angeles, CA

Joshua Chen - Chen Design Associates | San Francisco, CA

Hugo Colace - ADF | Argentina

Rémy Coste - President | French Photographers Association | France

Lynda Decker - Decker Design | New York, NY

Joie Davidow - Editor/Publisher | LA Style Magazine | Los Angeles, CA
etc. etc. etc.

So, Mr. Outlaw Photography, please clarify your claims.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jun 15 07 05:53 am Link

Model

Dovia

Los Angeles, California, US

Outlaw Photography wrote:
It was libelously said that my awards are scams on an earlier thread.  Well Modelmayhem # 605 was a lecturer at this years convention, hosted by the organization who issued the awards.  Click the link.

http://www.picture.com/convention/index.asp

The awards are paper. I have pictured photographs of the trophy I could have bought, as it bears my name. The trophies are offered to comemorate the award.  The trophies are not the award.  I paid nothing. When you start in Photography, you start as a novice, Amateur, then go pro. It is my amateur work that propelled me to professional.  I do photography full time, under the strictest of business laws and conventions.

These big mouths who yell "WMD's", hurt everyone out here with their ignorance, mouths writing checks that their behinds can't cash, and taking all of you down with them.  If it is on Google, it is International, and the libel is now International. They keep telling everyone research, but, they themselves aren't able to do it, as proven herein.

I thought this lesson needed to be posted so MM'ers would know to watch their backs ... even out here, and even from those they think they can trust out here in MM.

God Bless,
Outlaw

Sticks and Stones hun..  Does this need to really be a subject?  Im sorry, but anyone who has won an award, good job.  If you know its true then why fight about it?  I know it hurts to be shot down or told you are lying, but the truth is what matters.  why restate it a million times.  The more it is fought about, the more it seems you have something to prove, the more it seems one is lying.  I am not just speaking about the poster, (I admire your work, good job)  but for everyone. Its just a site, not life.  So why listen to defamation and rudeness and blatent stupid remarks?  why even argue?

Jun 15 07 06:40 am Link

Photographer

KEKnight

Cumming, Georgia, US

WOW !!!!  I read this whole thread.  Actually I only got to page 4.
I watched Court TV yesterday of a photographer who murdered 2 models.  And now this thread comes out about a genius photographer with all these awards. 
I'm sooooo glad I'm NOT a model !!!!!   Anyone want to do a TFCD??

Kudos to all the true professionals out there who have commented in this thread and have done their homework.  =o)

Jun 15 07 08:05 am Link

Model

Elle

photog2b wrote:
WOW !!!!  I read this whole thread.  Actually I only got to page 4.
I watched Court TV yesterday of a photographer who murdered 2 models.  And now this thread comes out about a genius photographer with all these awards. 
I'm sooooo glad I'm NOT a model !!!!!   Anyone want to do a TFCD??

Kudos to all the true professionals out there who have commented in this thread and have done their homework.  =o)

read page 6...3/4 of the way down...

Jun 15 07 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

blah.  nevermind

Jun 15 07 11:45 am Link