Forums > General Industry > ShootNotes

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

DGB Photography wrote:
I was inputting information from a shoot that was to happen. There isn't a checkbox for flakes.
Will there be one? And will there be a "Does Not Vouch For" checkbox?

If you don't vouch for someone, then don't vouch for them.

If you enter the data for a shoot, and the shoot date is in the past (as in, yesterday or farther back), and the "occurred" checkbox isn't checked, the system will presume that the shoot did not take place.

In the next phase, there will be a way to note WHY it didn't take place.

But, as I've said many times, data points are being added slowly, to fine-tune the algorithm (that will be made public after the beta is done) and also prevent massive bad-mouthing, which has been the downfall of all previous sites like ShootNotes.

And SLE, her squad performed in a division that had no other competitors, so they didn't get a "place," though no squad from her gym placed in the top-three overall, as they were up against a team that are 6-time national champs in this new division. They (the previous champions) were expected to win, and they did - and they deserved to, they were incredible.

Dec 02 07 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I have quietly enabled a forum on ShootNotes, strictly for the discussion of features, bugs, and other site-related things.

Please do not use it for casual discussion - that's what MM is for.

Thanks.

Dec 02 07 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

DGB Photography

FINKSBURG, Maryland, US

King of the Letter L wrote:
In the next phase, there will be a way to note WHY it didn't take place.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks smile

Dec 02 07 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Okay, the layout cleanup is done, but I'm too tired to install it now, because I'm 100% certain that if I do, I'll screw it up.

It's been a LONG day.

So tomorrow afternoon/evening. I'm going to bed! wink

Dec 03 07 12:14 am Link

Model

Sarah Ellis

Portland, Oregon, US

That was fun!

Dec 03 07 01:11 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

What about shoot reports for models that never showed up?

Dec 03 07 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

rp_photo wrote:
What about shoot reports for models that never showed up?

Currently, you create a Worked-With entry and leave "occurred" unchecked. The next rollout of data points will have a reason for a shoot not happening, including "model canceled" and "model absent."

Dec 03 07 11:10 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

I have quietly enabled a forum on ShootNotes, strictly for the discussion of features, bugs, and other site-related things.

Please do not use it for casual discussion - that's what MM is for.

Thanks.

big_smile (speaks quietly)  Super - thank you, Chris!

Dec 03 07 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Just a heads-up. At some point in the next 48 hours, the site will be taken offline for about four hours to apply the new look and feel that my designer has been working on. It's much easier to install on a quiet site than while people are using it, because some aspects are done in steps, and in between the steps, things don't work right (menu options changing IDs and the like).

The badges are next :-)

Dec 03 07 11:21 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Just a heads-up. At some point in the next 48 hours, the site will be taken offline for about four hours to apply the new look and feel that my designer has been working on. It's much easier to install on a quiet site than while people are using it, because some aspects are done in steps, and in between the steps, things don't work right (menu options changing IDs and the like).

The badges are next :-)

Yay!

Do we get curveball?  big_smile

Dec 03 07 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

SLE Photography wrote:
Do we get curveball?  big_smile

People go through withdrawals when MM goes down. I don't have any illusions that anyone has nearly the same reaction when my site goes down. While I'd like that to be the case in a few months when everything is up and smooth, that's hoping for a lot :-)

Dec 03 07 11:24 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Curveball?  I was thinking Twister or some kind of target practice.  big_smile

Dec 03 07 11:27 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

KATHY   JEAN wrote:
Curveball?  I was thinking Twister or some kind of target practice.  big_smile

Kathy.. come here and I will buy "Twister" and shoot you playing the game..

Dec 03 07 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

The site is back, and now with a cleaner look and feel.

Now we'll make the badges look nicer and then on to beta two, where we'll re-design the data entry based on feedback, add new data points, and continue to fine-tune the trust algorithm.

I've also staged a few new features to roll out over the next few days while the graphics guys work on the badges. Some of them are pretty cool and some are trivial. But I like the trivial, sometimes. wink

Dec 03 07 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Daveion7101

Mint Hill, North Carolina, US

I like the new interface!

Dec 04 07 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Just re-posting this from a couple pages back because it was one of the few questions you skipped over.

--------------------

OK, I certainly don't have time to read the whole thread, so I hope this wasn't mentioned.

I had a hard time finding more than a couple categories I fit into. I'm a portrait and beauty photographer. There REALLY needs to be a "beauty" box to check (right below fashion)...

I also don't do any senior or family portraits. I shoot advertising and editorial. I'm not sure how best to include that without making the list huge. :-)

--------------------

Minor, I know, but worth mentioning to me. :-)

Dec 04 07 02:29 am Link

Photographer

George Lue

Orlando, Florida, US

The site is back, and now with a cleaner look and feel.

Now we'll make the badges look nicer and then on to beta two, where we'll re-design the data entry based on feedback, add new data points, and continue to fine-tune the trust algorithm.

I've also staged a few new features to roll out over the next few days while the graphics guys work on the badges. Some of them are pretty cool and some are trivial. But I like the trivial, sometimes. wink

New site looks smooth!  Hope it works as nicely as it looks!

Dec 04 07 02:32 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Brooks Ayola wrote:
I had a hard time finding more than a couple categories I fit into. I'm a portrait and beauty photographer. There REALLY needs to be a "beauty" box to check (right below fashion)...

I also don't do any senior or family portraits. I shoot advertising and editorial. I'm not sure how best to include that without making the list huge. :-)

Sorry, I must have missed it.

So yeah, there are a SLEW of categories that I could add. The plan, right now, is to add them all, and make them dynamic such that only those that you do show up in your profile, instead of a bunch of unchecked boxes.

The model and photographer profiles were added just to have database keys for them. There's really no overriding reason to have them, as you have that information in your MM, your OMP, and what have you.

That said, if there's a value in having a full profile, I'm all for it, so I'll be fleshing it out while the trust algorithm cooks over the holidays.

PS: HAPPY HANNUKAH EVERYONE!

Dec 04 07 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Enon Orez

Miami, Florida, US

Signed up, Badge up.

Dec 04 07 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

George Lue

Orlando, Florida, US

Bravo on fixing the Avatar issue.

Dec 04 07 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

The model and photographer profiles were added just to have database keys for them. There's really no overriding reason to have them, as you have that information in your MM, your OMP, and what have you.

Well, you know how lazy people are. They don't want to go back and forth between two sites reading profiles, so I think a simple profile is a good idea. As for the categories, they could be simplified and still be useful.

Dec 04 07 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Sorry, I must have missed it.

So yeah, there are a SLEW of categories that I could add. The plan, right now, is to add them all, and make them dynamic such that only those that you do show up in your profile, instead of a bunch of unchecked boxes.

That said, if there's a value in having a full profile, I'm all for it, so I'll be fleshing it out while the trust algorithm cooks over the holidays.

PS: HAPPY HANNUKAH EVERYONE!

Chris,

Happy Chanukah to you as well.

Dec 04 07 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

George Lue

Orlando, Florida, US

With the newest graphical update, some things are now more unclear.  Yellow text which was once a good warning on a black background now blows on the sea foam green.

In addition, the difference between colors for shoot notes and non-shoot notes members in the vouch area is non-existent.

Just thought I'd mention these things.

Dec 05 07 04:37 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Yay!!

Dec 05 07 04:37 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Timed out after I verified? Tried 3 times..

Dec 05 07 04:45 am Link

Photographer

George Lue

Orlando, Florida, US

R Michael Walker wrote:

You need to put a badge on your MM profile to verify.

Dec 05 07 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

R Michael Walker wrote:

George Lue wrote:
You need to put a badge on your MM profile to verify.

Indeed. And it can also time out of Model Mayhem isn't available for any reason.

Dec 05 07 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

After looking at the usage data on the user's profile system, I came to the conclusion that it would be unworkable as designed. As such, I've installed a new, centralized profile system. What this means:

1. Model and Photographer profiles are gone.

2. Model and Photographer profiles will be back within a few days, and will have the ability to have new fields added, generally instantly.

3. Avatars are frozen in the old system and will shortly stop showing up on user lookup pages.

4. New avatars must be uploaded in the new profile system. They're already automatically linked with the support forum as is the new profile system.

This new system has also enabled a private email system on the site. That feature is a side-effect, but it's likely useful.

Shortly, the new Model/Photographer profiles will go up and then display in the user lookup page and on the new badges being designed.

Back to work :-)

Dec 05 07 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Just in case someone else might be having a similar issue. I'll post it here even though I've posted it in the forums at ShootNotes.

I can't get any more people to validate in the Worked With form (I have four that worked). Even The King's number gives me this error:

: Sorry, during the beta, only models and photographers are supported. This functionality will be added soon, however.

Dec 05 07 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

The problem is thus:

Model Mayhem is no longer allowing non-members to see your profile.

As such, ShootNotes cannot work.

End of story.

Dec 05 07 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

The problem is thus:

End of story.

Bah.

Dec 05 07 07:21 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

The problem is thus:

End of story.

hmph.

Dec 05 07 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Isaac Madera

Victorville, California, US

under the list of people you vouch for all the names that you have listed are now blue vs purple, they used to be white if that member was also apart of shootnotes. why was that note taken off? you can no longer see who in your list is a part of shootnotes. in my list there are only two shootnotes members and both vouch for me but without them specifically being highlighted it kind of gives the impression that out of the whole list i vouch for, only two vouch for me.
is it just me or does that kind of look real bad on the photographers behalf??

Dec 05 07 07:33 pm Link

Model

Feral Oneiric

Portland, Oregon, US

The problem is thus:

End of story.

hmm ?

Dec 05 07 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

isaac madera wrote:
under the list of people you vouch for all the names that you have listed are now blue vs purple, they used to be white if that member was also apart of shootnotes. why was that note taken off? you can no longer see who in your list is a part of shootnotes. in my list there are only two shootnotes members and both vouch for me but without them specifically being highlighted it kind of gives the impression that out of the whole list i vouch for, only two vouch for me.
is it just me or does that kind of look real bad on the photographers behalf??

Purely a cosmetic artifact of changing the site's look and feel. The intent of the color coding will be back within the next day or two as I sweep through the design.

Dec 05 07 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Never trust a naked bus driver.

Dec 05 07 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

DigitalJack Photography

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

Apologies, but Model Mayhem is prohibiting non-members from viewing profiles at this time. As such, your account cannot be verified.

so do I delete the banner...?

Dec 05 07 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

DigitalJack Photography wrote:
Apologies, but Model Mayhem is prohibiting non-members from viewing profiles at this time. As such, your account cannot be verified.

so do I delete the banner...?

No, you wait, along with me, to find out if this is just a temporary issue with MM, or a new policy.

Dec 05 07 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

DigitalJack Photography

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

No, you wait, along with me, to find out if this is just a temporary issue with MM, or a new policy.

Wait?
I can't even wait for a 3 minute egg...
Just kidding...

Dec 05 07 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Okay, it appears to be back.

I'm going to guess that MM's tech team took public access offline for a short time due to load or perhaps even someone hitting the site pretty hard (harder than a search engine would, which is orders of magnitude harder than a user or even ShootNotes would).

Dec 05 07 08:06 pm Link