Forums > General Industry > the import scene

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 
You're saying it's "trashy" and they end up "naked" among all your other put downs of import models and the import scene.

And all the Playboy girls you've shot are what? I'm not going to lower myself to your standards and call any models trashy, but they're definitely naked. So I'm not quite sure how you can be standing on a soapbox right now about nudity. And yeah, those playmates sign contracts for 2 or 3 years to PROMOTE playboy i.e. run around half naked - naked at the mansion parties, Howard Stern, etc as promotion models for Playboy. And then, yeah they end up with paysites when the contracts are done.

But for another parallel, there's always Budweiser girls ("Budweiser" just being an -insert big alcohol company known for their sexy promo models here- example name) who start out as big promo girls and end up naked.

But Playboy and big alcohol promotion models are primarily Caucasian. I think that's the real issue here.

And you're all going to jump up and immediately say you're not racist or prejudice. But if that were the case, then explain to me how you can make fun of the import scene but not make fun of the Playboy scene, Maxim scene, Girls Gone Wild scene, etc - the primarily Caucasian promo modeling scenes.

Interesting point, but the Import car shows are not about ethnics. Most of the top models are multi-ethnic. Personally I have seen many of the models at these events and also the people that go! I am white looking multi ethnis and I see all kinds of folks at these car shows! The best looking models in my humble opinion are the mixed race ladies!

I also know a well known model both in the Internet and Main stream modeling worlds who has never posed nude but is a Playboy Spokes model. Jessica Marie Jones! Google her! I do every chance I get! LOL

May 30 05 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 
explain to me how you can make fun of the import scene but not make fun of the Playboy scene, Maxim scene, Girls Gone Wild scene, etc - the primarily Caucasian promo modeling scenes.

Your not talking to me, but I would be happy to make fun of any of those scenes if someone wants to start a thread about them.

May 30 05 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lol. It's like you guys got invited over to a 16-year-old's birthday party and now you're all arguing all over the place. Okay...where's the barbecue?! Someone pass me some ribs Jack. I'm hongry!

May 30 05 08:11 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 
You're saying it's "trashy" and they end up "naked" among all your other put downs of import models and the import scene.

And all the Playboy girls you've shot are what? I'm not going to lower myself to your standards and call any models trashy, but they're definitely naked. So I'm not quite sure how you can be standing on a soapbox right now about nudity. And yeah, those playmates sign contracts for 2 or 3 years to PROMOTE playboy i.e. run around half naked - naked at the mansion parties, Howard Stern, etc as promotion models for Playboy. And then, yeah they end up with paysites when the contracts are done.

But for another parallel, there's always Budweiser girls ("Budweiser" just being an -insert big alcohol company known for their sexy promo models here- example name) who start out as big promo girls and end up naked.

But Playboy and big alcohol promotion models are primarily Caucasian. I think that's the real issue here.

And you're all going to jump up and immediately say you're not racist or prejudice. But if that were the case, then explain to me how you can make fun of the import scene but not make fun of the Playboy scene, Maxim scene, Girls Gone Wild scene, etc - the primarily Caucasian promo modeling scenes.

genious! and yes, most the models ARE asian, simply because many have a philosophy that the car and the model should be IMPORTED. its not racist, just that there is that standard of where this whole import car craze started and where the culture comes from. PLUS, there are whole conventions, contests, parties, and even carshows revolving around asian models or the asian scene. that doesnt mean the business is totally closed to asian models, but we are a majority. either way, good points myla smile.
and xtreme, you just have too much to say and too much free time.

May 30 05 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by Aprille: 
wow..the maturity level on all sides has definatly gone up
Does anyone know about the import scene in philly?
How would i get into it out here?
Aprille

Aprille, my show will be in Philly on Aug 20. Contact my talent director at [email protected] let her know you are interested, send her a headshot and a full body shot and she will send you info for the casting call. Though I don't know if she's gotten that far ahead in her casting yet. But it's worth a shot.

May 30 05 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Providence, Rhode Island, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 
oh, i love sarcasm. you all are too cute. and yes, i do know its all basically promo work.
i must admit age does become a confliction at times, but when i turn 18 in a year, i will have all the contacts i need and knowledge of the industry; 

Excuse me but I was just checking what all the communality was all about. 
Budhaboy did the math and unless my heliocentric parallax machine is broken. 
How does one become 18 in a year when you are 16?

(Next scene;  Tina Lee says haha.  Then she tells me to shutup,  go away,  and only discuss things that I know about.   Ummmm,  like modeling maybe.)

Hmmmmm,  maybe the person will be something in a year but 18 is not it.

May 30 05 08:58 pm Link

Model

Myla Chenoa

Phoenix, Arizona, US

She could be just about to turn 17. Could be huh?

May 30 05 09:04 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

because im 17 in june. so that makes it a year. what, did you want me to count out the exact days a year and 6/7 of a month?

May 30 05 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Huh,  thinks Budhaboy.

May 30 05 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 
its not just about what you have to do as work. i personally LOVE modeling car shows because im also into cars.

Do you even own a car?

ill say it again, this thread isnt for haters. just for people trying to meet other people involved in the scene. so stfu, thanks smile

Girls your age shouldn't be import models, you should be hanging out with your friends at the shopping mall.

For example, look at them lowrider models.  I think there is nothing wrong with lowrider models.  Why do you ask?  Because most of them are of age.

May 30 05 09:29 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

an accord 2004 for now. i get a 350z for christmas. and i enjoy carshows. i used to go just to look at cars before i started this whole jig.

May 30 05 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Tina Lee: 
because im 17 in june. so that makes it a year. what, did you want me to count out the exact days a year and 6/7 of a month? 

From May 30 to June 30 (listed in your bio) is a whole month or 1/1, not 6/7.

I do have too much time on my hands today, so I thought I'd point that out.

;-)

May 30 05 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 
an accord 2004 for now. i get a 350z for christmas. and i enjoy carshows. i used to go just to look at cars before i started this whole jig.

Cool, you could ask your parents thier opinion on the best car kit you could get for your car.  Maybe get some coilovers, drop your car and void your warranty.

May 30 05 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Tina Lee: 
i used to go just to look at cars before i started this whole jig.

A jig is a dance. It is also a slang term for people of color. I think you mean gig.

May 30 05 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Posted by XtremeArtists ®: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

A jig is a dance. It is also a slang term for people of color. I think you mean gig.

Maybe not.  This whole thread seems reminds me of a strange dance.  It may not make the Irish proud but maybe her nose is red or .....

May 30 05 10:05 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

well i thought today was the 31st, but sure. and Visual, i love how you try to list all the things you know about car mods to get me to think twice about what i may know? not working. if you MUST know, i dont plan on ricing out my car much. just shaving the door handles and emblems, a vielside lip, some rims, a paint job, and iono.. its a while from now, but im not gonna make it a race car or anything.

and no, i meant jig. as in thingy ma jiggy. JIG.

May 30 05 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Oh great. Just what the road needs. Another spoiled brat with more muscle in a car than training, brains or experience to properly utilize it.

What are some of these parents thinking???? Or are they?

May 30 05 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by !MDF: 

Posted by XtremeArtists ®: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Maybe not.  This whole thread seems reminds me of a strange dance.  It may not make the Irish proud but maybe her nose is red or .....

Yes, this thread is rapidly going into outer space! LOL

But is good while it lasted on topic ... some how everything ends up somewhere else on this forum, then the realization is "you can't get there from here."  I'll blame Joey for that. He gets too bored and spends way too much time teasing the 16, almost 17 years olds here. I think he is just asking for trouble! Joey is just a naughty dude!

Hey, let's get jiggy with it!

May 30 05 10:25 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by DJ Foothill: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Oh great. Just what the road needs. Another spoiled brat with more muscle in a car than training, brains or experience to properly utilize it.

because i drive an accord that i dont even like or want im spoiled? that just happens to be the cheapest/safest car my parents currently own, so thats what i drive. if you dont know the full scoop on.. ANY topic, including this whole thread or my family situation, just dont speak. this thread is ridiculous. full of grown ass people that have nothing better to do than post about shit they dont know about. you guys all win the too cool for school award.

May 30 05 10:27 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

There actually is a thread somewhere on here making fun of the "Girls Gone Wild" scene. I am extremely unimpressed by all promotional and tradeshow modeling and probably belittle all its aspects about equally (which is not much, since it rarely comes up).

Until this thread was posted, I had no idea there was a separate culture revolving around import car shows as opposed to any other car shows that take a scantily clad girl and drop her on top of a car. They're all equally as sleezy or non-sleezy, depending on your perceptions.

Since the person who said import models end up naked is Asian, does still get to be racist? I'm also fairly confident from what I know of him, he doesn't consider ending up naked an insult. It's his favorite thing for attractive women to do.

I assure you, for the vast majority of the posters here, making fun on the import scene is not so much of an issue of race as the fact that that happens to be what the original poster asked for opinions on.

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 

May 30 05 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by DJ Foothill: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

because i drive an accord that i dont even like or want im spoiled? that just happens to be the cheapest/safest car my parents currently own, so thats what i drive. if you dont know the full scoop on.. ANY topic, including this whole thread or my family situation, just dont speak. this thread is ridiculous. full of grown ass people that have nothing better to do than post about shit they dont know about. you guys all win the too cool for school award.

Ummmm ... I was talking about the 350Z. And again you are totally correct. I don't know anything about the import scene. I only put the shows together. I've only been shooting longer than you've been alive, Ummmm I've only shot for Lowrider, IT um 3 or 5 times... Nope but I don't know anything.

Amazing how almost 17 year olds know so much more than everyone else who I don't know maybe actually have some experience in LIFE. Now I understand why so many older people can't stand younger people. LOL

May 30 05 10:37 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by theda: 
There actually is a thread somewhere on here making fun of the "Girls Gone Wild" scene. I am extremely unimpressed by all promotional and tradeshow modeling and probably belittle all its aspects about equally (which is not much, since it rarely comes up).

Until this thread was posted, I had no idea there was a separate culture revolving around import car shows as opposed to any other car shows that take a scantily clad girl and drop her on top of a car. They're all equally as sleezy or non-sleezy, depending on your perceptions.

Since the person who said import models end up naked is Asian, does still get to be racist? I'm also fairly confident from what I know of him, he doesn't consider ending up naked an insult. It's his favorite thing for attractive women to do.

I assure you, for the vast majority of the posters here, making fun on the import scene is not so much of an issue of race as the fact that that happens to be what the original poster asked for opinions on.

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 

i did not ask for opinions. i asked who is involved in the scene, because thats what i registered on this site for. to network myself in that line of work, because that is my main line of work.

May 30 05 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

SCrude Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by DJ Foothill: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Hey...I aggree...S.P.O.I.L.E.D....oh...and nothing against you tina...I think you will be great in the import scene. You are deffinately full of it...potential that is. Girl...and i mean girl...you got a mouth on you with no respect. I just spent 10 mins reading 4 pages of this damn thread.

My conclusions are as follows:

A) You initially started a good thread
B) As soon as some one threw in a joke...you wrote them off
C) This effect caused a major battle between a 16 yr. old
   GIRL and many well soiled models and photographers
D) You know quite a bit about cars and the import scene
   (except not all import cars are from Asia)
E) I am extremely happy I don't drive in your town
   (especially when mommy and daddy buy a 350z for their
   perfect little daughter)
F) Visual Mindscapes is funny as hell
G) Because of the age thing...you should try modeling for
   something else to get more experience until you turn the
   rebel's age of 18.
H) You deffinately have a lot to learn about everything
   including how to treat people.
I) I am a decade older and I still learn new things every
   day...you deffinately have a ways to go.
J) Oh...did i mention...everyone...she is just a little
   girl, so everyone needs to leave her alone
K) I have had a wonderful time reading everyones posts...
   thank you for so many laughs!
L) This will be my only post...because I hate typing
M) I really shouldn't have to go through the whole alphabet

Thank you...thank you...I will be here on fridays and
saturdays everyone...thank you for coming to the show!

LMFAO

C~

May 30 05 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I don't understand now. You say you want to "network" but you blew off evey photographer who seemed to make a serious attempt to help you out or answer questions. That's why I didn't take it seriously at all. The networking you've done has involved talking about going to clubs and using fake IDs. That's off topic and not for the general board.

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 

i did not ask for opinions. i asked who is involved in the scene, because thats what i registered on this site for. to network myself in that line of work, because that is my main line of work.

May 30 05 10:51 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

i have no respect, because i defend myself? okay, buddy. and because my parents choose to reward my success in school and college acceptances, im spoiled? OKAY, BUDDY. i never said i have no more to learn, but yes, you are a decade older than me.. yet you persist to say useless things in a thread i posted which had nothing to do with you. congratulations.

May 30 05 10:56 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

i blew off WHO? hahah, first off, you do not know what is going on in my private message inbox. hush.

May 30 05 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Cicada

Indian Wells, California, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

Posted by Cicada: 
Kaila Yu? rofl.

I went to her CD release party back in 2001.  Oh man, lol.

thats another thing.

Tila sings now too!

though one model i do like [who, i dont think, was ever an import model but more of a glamour/pinup/fetish, but has the import model look] is Masuimi Max. she's gorgeous. tongue

Hells yeah she is.  She's great!!

forgot about tila tryin to sing tongue doesnt she jsut do all covers with maybe two or three originals?

i havent checked her myspace profile in a while...no reason to :ugh:

May 30 05 11:02 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

You know, I was an honor roll student throughout and NO way my parents would have bought me a car as a reward. The kids whose parents did buy them cars were pretty spoiled in my expereicne. Then again, I'm old. So maybe the standard of living has gone way up?

May 30 05 11:04 pm Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

it has. most kids have cell phones now and what not. its different. and i can assure you, im not a spoiled brat. its hilarious how people here find anything to use against me, even though i was simply answering a question.

May 30 05 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 
i have no respect, because i defend myself? okay, buddy. and because my parents choose to reward my success in school and college acceptances, im spoiled? OKAY, BUDDY. i never said i have no more to learn, but yes, you are a decade older than me.. yet you persist to say useless things in a thread i posted which had nothing to do with you. congratulations.

I'm gonna have to agree with Christopher here and by the way his post was funny as hell and dead on. I'm going with she's spoiled all to hell and yeah like most teens she thinks she knows it all and the rest of us don't know crap because we are umm not in the import modeling business or something like that. 

May 30 05 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

SCrude Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Yep...changed my mind on being my last post...SPOILED. My parents made me work for everything. My parents make great money. I respect them so much because they made me learn to do things on my own. I went to an I.V. League school and had a 3.6 GPA. Was I rewarded a fancy sportscar when they could have given it to me, no. And truthfully I would have refused. I learned to get by on my own. When I get something nice I treated with respect and if someone messes with that thing I bought ....well I won't say what they will have coming.

!!!Bets everyone!!!

Okay....she has a fake ID at the age of 16, mommy and daddy shower her with extremely pricey gifts, she is an asshole to everyone who cracks a joke, she thinks she knows everything, guessing she drinks alot and possibly other substances, judging by the photos she's a Wodel.

!!!Bets everyone!!!

At the age of 18 she will be:

1) In a coma because she was drinking and driving
2) Alone and miserable because she pissed everyone off
3) Working on my car at Jiffy Lube
4) The biggest, prettiest, nicest import model the
   industry has ever seen

Bets start at midnight!!!

C~

May 30 05 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Tina Lee: 
i blew off WHO? hahah, first off, you do not know what is going on in my private message inbox. hush.

Posted by Tina Lee: 
well thanks for your guyses input, but i was only looking to see who else is involved. i already am, so theres not much more i need to know, but thanks again smile

Posted by Tina Lee: 
ill probably see you at a club or something.. cuz i DO have a fake id

The funny thing is that if it wasn't for people questioning what you were saying, you wouldn't have talked about "Import Modeling" or trade show promotion at all.

May 30 05 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Posted by Christopher: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Yep...changed my mind on being my last post...SPOILED. My parents made me work for everything. My parents make great money. I respect them so much because they made me learn to do things on my own. I went to an I.V. League school and had a 3.6 GPA. Was I rewarded a fancy sportscar when they could have given it to me, no. And truthfully I would have refused. I learned to get by on my own. When I get something nice I treated with respect and if someone messes with that thing I bought ....well I won't say what they will have coming.

!!!Bets everyone!!!

Okay....she has a fake ID at the age of 16, mommy and daddy shower her with extremely pricey gifts, she is an asshole to everyone who cracks a joke, she thinks she knows everything, guessing she drinks alot and possibly other substances, judging by the photos she's a Wodel.

!!!Bets everyone!!!

At the age of 18 she will be:

1) In a coma because she was drinking and driving
2) Alone and miserable because she pissed everyone off
3) Working on my car at Jiffy Lube
4) The biggest, prettiest, nicest import model the
   industry has ever seen

Bets start at midnight!!!

C~

Very funny Christopher.  Great avatar.  That is all I have got right now.

May 30 05 11:33 pm Link

Model

jaelee

San Jose, California, US

gsus...is calling her a spoiled and naive teen going to support your point? now you fucks are just being mean.

May 30 05 11:58 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by jaelee: 
gsus...is calling her a spoiled and naive teen going to support your point? now you fucks are just being mean.

You're absolutely right.

May 31 05 12:02 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Cool, you could ask your parents thier opinion on the best car kit you could get for your car.  Maybe get some coilovers, drop your car and void your warranty.

sorry, i found this hilarious. hahahah

May 31 05 12:13 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by jaelee: 

thanks, sweety. btw, i invited jackie sin to shoot with us, and one of my close friends. shes on team sin too, so maybe you know her. hope thats cooh with you. cant wait smile

May 31 05 12:14 am Link

Model

jaelee

San Jose, California, US

that wouldnt happen to be angela would it?

May 31 05 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Christopher: 
Hey...I aggree...S.P.O.I.L.E.D....

want spoiled? ive owned 7 cars since i was 16.

98 nissan sentra, crashed it
98 Mercedes E320, traded it in recently for the S500
02 Toyota Camry XLE, still have it
02 Volvo S40, rollover on the freeway
01 Ferrari F360 Modena F1, crashed it [yes, i owned and crashed it]
04 Volvo S60R, current daily driver
04 Mercedes S500

im graduating next year with absolutely no student debt, and im going on to get my MBA and will have no debt even then. Then they'll move me out of their house and put a good amount down payment on a house of my choosing...

the thing is, it's how the parents raise their kids -- i think i'm humble enough because my parents raised me well; i dont mouth off to people and i know when i can learn something from someone instead of just writing them off -- my parents didn't raise me to have some sort of supreiority complex [in fact, the opposite, they wanted me to remember where they came from, and where i came from, keep my ass right down here on the ground]-- im new to phoography and when/if i post pictures up ill take to the harsh criticism and not get defensive because that's all subjective, and it'll make me stronger/better in the long run.

it's obvious that she has eitehr been trated like a princess, and she has that complex...OR she didnt get enough attention and this is her form of rebellion by trying to act way past her age.

of course, the latter pretty much happens with all teen girls; they can't wait to grow up.

May 31 05 12:23 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by jaelee: 
that wouldnt happen to be angela would it?

no, priscilla. i dont know angela, but im guessing you either have shit with her or hella like her? hahaha

May 31 05 12:31 am Link