Forums > General Industry > the import scene

Photographer

Cicada

Indian Wells, California, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 
first off, who are you to try and interpret my words?

whoawhoawhoa...right there. no need to get super-defensive. the post was obviously sarcastic; you _really_ have to stop taking things so seriously, and let some things go -- you see, when you respond to their posts, you're just fanning the flame.

May 31 05 03:58 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 

*grins* I see these people got you stuck in "defensive" mode. But, to answer your question, I'm a reader. That's who I am, or was at the time. And, readers "interpret" what they read. Corrrrrect?

May 31 05 03:59 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

whoawhoawhoa...right there. no need to get super-defensive. the post was obviously sarcastic; you _really_ have to stop taking things so seriously, and let some things go -- you see, when you respond to their posts, you're just fanning the flame.

his entire post was about my first post.. so obviously it was meant to be taken seriously. the sarcasm only adds to his attempt to be a smart ass while trying to contradict me.

May 31 05 04:00 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Reeeally? My post was sarcastic? Deng. It's like one of those moments when you're suspected of stealing and all one did was walk past the crime scene. Plus, I wasn't wearing my sarcastic baseball cap when I posted that. Hmm.

May 31 05 04:02 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

his entire post was about my first post.. so obviously it was meant to be taken seriously. the sarcasm only adds to his attempt to be a smart ass while trying to contradict me.

when you stop trying to defend yourself against these [obviously] false or outrageous claims claims, eventually all will be forgotten and we can get back on-topic.

it's kinda like celebrities; you dont see them going ape-shit all the time trying to defend themselves against the tabloids all the time...sure, sometimes, but if you _yourself_ know it's untrue, then who are they to tell you who or what you are?

but if you keep coming back with stupidities in response to _their_ stupidities it turns into this big ordeal.....as is witnessed in the last 6 pages of this thread.

May 31 05 04:03 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Reeeally? My post was sarcastic? Deng. It's like one of those moments when you're suspected of stealing and all one did was walk past the crime scene. Plus, I wasn't wearing my sarcastic baseball cap when I posted that. Hmm.

i took it as such, considering that it falls right in the middle of the flamefest that is the last 4 pages of this thread. tongue

May 31 05 04:04 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Well to your credit, your writing has improved dramatically in the last few posts. It's a night and day difference you've made...almost like it's a whole new you with the same agenda.

Keep up the great work!

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

May 31 05 04:05 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Hey T. Reeelax. I wasn't being sarcastic with you. IF I was, you'd have felt it (by the throbbing in your temples) and felt too small to respond with a follow up. Seriously.

Peace!

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

when you stop trying to defend yourself against these [obviously] false or outrageous claims claims, eventually all will be forgotten and we can get back on-topic.

it's kinda like celebrities; you dont see them going ape-shit all the time trying to defend themselves against the tabloids all the time...sure, sometimes, but if you _yourself_ know it's untrue, then who are they to tell you who or what you are?

but if you keep coming back with stupidities in response to _their_ stupidities it turns into this big ordeal.....as is witnessed in the last 6 pages of this thread.

im replying . theyre attacking. youre telling the wrong person to stop. plus, if i stop my purpose for this thread is defeated. id like to think that the import world is valid enough for me to be able to debate these people.

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

im replying . theyre attacking. youre telling the wrong person to stop. plus, if i stop my purpose for this thread is defeated. id like to think that the import world is valid enough for me to be able to debate these people.

well someone's gotta stop if we want to get anywhere with this.

May 31 05 04:07 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

i took it as such, considering that it falls right in the middle of the flamefest that is the last 4 pages of this thread. tongue

Remind me never to walk into the middle of a gunfight with a third grade book on reading comprehension.

May 31 05 04:07 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Cicada,

She wants the thread to stay open forever as a recruitment tool.

How did you miss that?

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

May 31 05 04:09 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Remind me never to walk into the middle of a gunfight with a third grade book on reading comprehension.

https://lazyfuck.net/images/smilies/lol.gif

May 31 05 04:14 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Patrick Walberg: 
There are more folks involved with the Import scene in MM than you realize. Tina has made some connections. This thread has gotten way out of control in size. I think it may be time to retire. Night!

Hmm. I went through the entire thread and didn't see too many people sounding off specifically to what she was asking for. Anyways, I came in with a fresh pair of eyes and a third grade book on reading comprehension when I knew I should've been packing a flamethrower. I gave her two links and one link to another thread in this forum, the only link brought back by MM's Search and the kid snaps. Lol.  The fuck you guys been putting in the punch bowl?

May 31 05 04:19 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

cocaine's a hell of a drug.

May 31 05 04:21 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Hey T. Reeelax. I wasn't being sarcastic with you. IF I was, you'd have felt it (by the throbbing in your temples) and felt too small to respond with a follow up. Seriously.

Peace!

Joe, Didn't I already tell you that you are late to this party? This thread would have died a long time ago except you are fanning the flames. Guess you like doing that sort of stuff, eh? wink

May 31 05 04:30 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by XtremeArtists ®: 
Well to your credit, your writing has improved dramatically in the last few posts. It's a night and day difference you've made...almost like it's a whole new you with the same agenda.

Keep up the great work!

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Yes, I agree, we are all doing a great job of improving our English comprehension and writing skills!  As far as I know, Tina is the only one still in school. Can we let this thread die down now?

May 31 05 04:32 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

OK, I was a debate champion in school. I will say that no matter what anyone else says ... Tina will have a come back for it. I think Tina made her point! Tina wins the debate!

Now can we all just get along? Can we all go to sleep now? Or do some of you guys want to pick some more on this young lady that you do not know?

May 31 05 04:36 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

No problem Joe, I can teach you English.

May 31 05 04:38 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

There are more folks involved with the Import scene in MM than you realize. Tina has made some connections. This thread has gotten way out of control in size. I think it may be time to retire. Night!

Hmm. I went through the entire thread and didn't see too many people sounding off specifically to what she was asking for. Anyways, I came in with a fresh pair of eyes and a third grade book on reading comprehension when I knew I should've been packing a flamethrower. I gave her two links and one link to another thread in this forum, the only link brought back by MM's Search and the kid snaps. Lol.  The fuck you guys been putting in the punch bowl?

Yea yea ... I went back to the high school dance and poured booze in the punch. 
This thread would have died if you had left it alone Joe. Sorry!

May 31 05 04:40 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Cicada: 
cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Oh shit! What next!!!  tongue 

May 31 05 04:41 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Patrick Walberg:  Joe, you are late to this party?

Shit. I'm on Filipino time again.

*sincerely apologizes to young lady T for adding to the noise...but, I can't resist answering!*

May 31 05 04:46 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Patrick Walberg:  Joe, you are late to this party?

Shit. I'm on Filipino time again.

*sincerely apologizes to young lady T for adding to the noise...but, I can't resist answering!*

Hey! No harm done. I saw that you posted links to a couple spots here on MM to help her out. But I gave her the numbers to a couple photographers on MM who are very much in the Import model scene near the start of this thread. It seems like everyone who posts in the forum here gets a obsessed with a certain topic for a while then moves on. I remember the fighting going on over drinking during shoots, having sexual relationships between models and photographers, and then there was the last biggy over if Internet modeling is a joke! Now we have Import models as a topic and drive this one to till it breaks down.

Oh I love Filipino time! tongue  and I drive an Import .. a Toyota Supra ... after going through dozens of cars in my short life time, this one car I've had the longest. I can't seem to wreck it or make it break down! First Toyota I've had and now I'm sold on them!

May 31 05 04:56 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oh I love Filipino time! tongue  and I drive an Import .. a Toyota Supra ... after going through dozens of cars in my short life time, this one car I've had the longest. I can't seem to wreck it or make it break down! First Toyota I've had and now I'm sold on them!

Hehehe. Cool. I used to drive a 1993 Nissan SE-R when 140 on the speedometer was the highest you'd see in the $13,000+ class and the red zone on the tach was pushed far right. I had hella fun with that car. My first car with an engine and a drivetrain that can make the wheels screech a lil by downshifting to fourth on the freeway at 120 and probably one of the few cars that can handle downshifting to 3rd for some needed azz. I found a secondary road towards the Suisun Valley area that runs straight a few clicks long enough to push 140. Very cool car.

Last year, my daughter got a new VW GTI with 5 on the stick and 160 on the guage. Drove that sucka to work a few times and I'm hooked with it's quickness and curve stablization (you don't even feel the G doing a highway curve at 90'ty something). Outstanding! But, I gotta tell ya, I've gotten so used to driving my Yukon SUV, whenever I get into her car, I feel like I'm driving a freakin skateboard! ...but, with an engine that is fast!

Still, I'll always miss the Cuda and the Goat my older brother had back in high school. If I remember, his GTO had 3 on the stick. Or, was it four? Anyway, those two cars were babe magnets.

A couple a things tho, I slowed up on the driving fast bit when I'm alone and there's no one on the highway after I started having speed nightmares. ...AND, I drive like Mr. Magoo with my kids and passengers in the vehicle.

May 31 05 05:23 am Link

Photographer

SCrude Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Here is her second post:

Posted by Tina Lee: 
well thanks for your guyses input, but i was only looking to see who else is involved. i already am, so theres not much more i need to know, but thanks again smile

I think being 16 and saying "there's not much more [she] needs to know" about a "huge" underground industry might warrant some discussion.

IF she was 21, and had that attitude people would still respond with questions.

Yes, I read that. But I don't think she meant that she was done with learning anything more. Maybe she didn't word it clearly enough, but I took it to mean that she shook the bushes around here to see if there were any Import people in the wings. She found a few that are now communicating with her by PM and she is cool with that. Honestly, I do not believe she is saying that she knows it all or is done learning.

Yes, people will respond with questions regardless of her age .. this freaking thread most have been good to last this many pages! LOL 

As far as Tina's attitude, people can be different from what they seem from posting on a forum like this. To make a judgement based on what you've read is not going to do any more than give you clues as to what one is really like in person.

No offense dude...we don't know each other...but...are you like her psychologist or something?

May 31 05 05:56 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

oH mAi GoDnesS!  i LeaVe 4 seVn h0urZ 2 c0m3 bacc 2 dis?  u pe0pl3 R KraZeE!

BTW, any0n3 g0inG 2 da nEx HiN?  it'Z g0in 2 B oFf dA ShiZle!

Pin0Y p0W3R!

May 31 05 05:59 am Link

Photographer

SCrude Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

I am thinking about goin...well I give tina credit...I do feel the urge to hit up some HIN shows. Nite all...

C~

May 31 05 06:13 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

You can't...

Keep up the great work!

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Posted by Cicada: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Yes, I agree, we are all doing a great job of improving our English comprehension and writing skills!  As far as I know, Tina is the only one still in school. Can we let this thread die down now?

May 31 05 06:37 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

He's excited.

Posted by Christopher: 

Here is her second post:

Posted by Tina Lee: 
well thanks for your guyses input, but i was only looking to see who else is involved. i already am, so theres not much more i need to know, but thanks again smile

I think being 16 and saying "there's not much more [she] needs to know" about a "huge" underground industry might warrant some discussion.

IF she was 21, and had that attitude people would still respond with questions.

Yes, I read that. But I don't think she meant that she was done with learning anything more. Maybe she didn't word it clearly enough, but I took it to mean that she shook the bushes around here to see if there were any Import people in the wings. She found a few that are now communicating with her by PM and she is cool with that. Honestly, I do not believe she is saying that she knows it all or is done learning.

Yes, people will respond with questions regardless of her age .. this freaking thread most have been good to last this many pages! LOL 

As far as Tina's attitude, people can be different from what they seem from posting on a forum like this. To make a judgement based on what you've read is not going to do any more than give you clues as to what one is really like in person.

No offense dude...we don't know each other...but...are you like her psychologist or something?

May 31 05 06:40 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I'm sorry. I just have missed it. There was a debate going on here?

May 31 05 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

i hate filipino time. mother makes us late to _everything_.

May 31 05 10:41 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Aprille: 
someone once told me that i would be a good import model...but i am more hispanic and a lot of the girls i see are asian.
How do you think i would/would not fit in?
any other advice?
Aprille

Try LowRider modeling then... Though a lot of auto shows will use latin ladies too...  It's more of an "exotic" model field.  Except Chevy or Ford shows... They tend to use buxom blondes and brunettes with American features.

May 31 05 11:03 am Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by theda: 
You know, I was an honor roll student throughout and NO way my parents would have bought me a car as a reward. The kids whose parents did buy them cars were pretty spoiled in my expereicne. Then again, I'm old. So maybe the standard of living has gone way up?

Amen Theda... When I was a volunteer firefighter in the small town I went to high school in EVERY parent who bought their kid a Supra, Celica, 300ZX or any of those sports cars ended up regretting it later. Several of them regretted it because they had to go down to the morgue and identify their son or daughter.

It is irresponsible for a parent to purchase that much muscle for someone who doesn't have the maturity, training or experience to safely use it. And it endangers the safety of other motorists as well. Heck there are even some adults I know who shouldn't have muscle like that. And funny thing is nothing has changed. My ex sister in law's friend was given a Mustang Cobra for graduation, a week later she wrecked it, and I mean TOTALLED it and was lucky to be alive. They got her ANOTHER one!

The lifegaurd says:"OUT OF THE GENE POOL!"

May 31 05 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Jing

New York, New York, US

can I just say that thank god for the import scene, and thank god for californian asians
where else can you get hot asian chicks stripping down to nothing for the world to ogle?

May 31 05 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

Pin0Y p0W3R!

You need to be beat over the head with a blunt object for just typing like that.

smile

May 31 05 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

oliver mendoza

San Francisco, California, US

i just saved a bundle on my car insurance!!!!

More cowbell!!!

Wedge Antilles...four movies without a scratch.

May 31 05 02:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Robb Radford: 

Pin0Y p0W3R!

LMAO

You need to be beat over the head with a blunt object for just typing like that.

smile

May 31 05 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Does this thread win longest thread ever.?

May 31 05 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Pin0Y p0W3R!

Posted by Robb Radford: 
LMAO You need to be beat over the head with a blunt object for just typing like that. smile

Posted by Cicada: 
i hate filipino time. mother makes us late to _everything_.

'Sus maryosep. I feel so at home now. *smells Chicken-n-Pork Adobo cooking*

Kennay! Sumangput Ka Hah?!

May 31 05 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 
Does this thread win longest thread ever.?

Hey Brent! You and I were the first two commenting at the start of this. It's our fault! This is the thread that will never die!

* dipping into some Chicken-n-Pork Adobo*  thanks for bringing us some food here Joe!  I was starving!

May 31 05 03:22 pm Link